3 Griswold Home Care Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

My experience with this company was not a good one. We hired them to help care for my mom who was dealing with aging issues. Initially, they made everything sound just perfect and what we were looking for but then the care began. The caregiver that was sent out, did a lot of nothing but sitting on the couch with her headphones on and on her cellphone.

When I complained about this to the nurse, she assured me it would be addressed yet she left and just more of the same. The office staff just does a lot of poo pooing. They kill you with kindness and act like they understand where you are coming from and promise to send a better one. They did send a new one, but she had no clue on what to do for my mom. It was as if no one reviewed her case with her.

My mom has special needs When I asked her if anyone had reviewed what she needed done, she said no, that no one in that office knows what they are doing, that she just received a text to come to this address for this many hours. A TEXT! She stated that was how she received all of her clients. On top of it all, we had to pay the caregiver and office separately. That seems shady to me. I would not hire this company again!

Original review: July 21, 2015

Upon calling for a quote, I was speaking to Nancy ** (owner) who was extremely condescending. When explained that I was going to have my director call her if interested, she continued to speak over me, leaving me no option but to release our call. She immediately called my office back to tell me "If I were educated enough, she was trying to explain how the insurance worked." She made multiple references to my intelligence and threatened to report me to my director. Her unprofessional behavior is outrageous. She was so rude because she didn't get our business that she actually called to bash me. I would never recommend her company to anyone. I am flabbergasted at her behavior.

Get expert buying tips about Home Care Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 12, 2015

Just want to say I've been waiting for 3 weeks to get paid... I call everyday and there's always an excuse. I take care of clients in their home and have to be on time so my pay should be on time too. Please help me resolve this issue.

Griswold Home Care expert review by Shelley Webb

With franchise locations in more than 28 states, Griswold Home Care is a trusted name in the home health services industry.

• Multiple locations: They offer services in many states, so if you need to transfer from one location to another, you need not find a new service provider.

• Help with financing: Home health costs can be very affordable compared to a facility, and Griswold Home Care helps you find public help to pay for needed services.

• Complete background check: Using a proprietary system, they perform a full criminal background check, call about references and screen for personality matches.

• Full range of home care options: They offer services ranging from simple companion care to overnight/round-the-clock supervision. They do not offer skilled nursing care.

• Easy communication: There are several options available to contact them ranging from a phone call to live chat on their website.

• Best for: Primary caregivers, elderly individuals, persons with dementia, persons with a disability and accident victims.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb

Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Griswold Home Care Company Information

1982
120 West Germantown Pike, Suite 200
Plymouth Meeting
PA
www.griswoldhomecare.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business