Gazelle

Compare Fitness Equipment

Research top Fitness Equipment recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

The Gazelle is a great machine. For setup, it drops and locks into place. Easy attachment. But the tension seems to lock up and needs to be greased from time to time to help with operation. It is also kind of cheaply made, the screen is falling apart and the wires are exposed and got in the way of closing it properly. But I like that it has adjustable settings, more or less tension, lower angles. It also has hand cushions that make it easier to hold. The feet pads have grips on them to help feet from sliding. I also like its higher heart beat monitor and easy read on grip.

The Gazelle allows me to work out freely. It has gliding pedals and handles. This machine requires me to use my muscles to get it going and allows me to work at the level I want. It doesn't require a lot of setting up. It's easy to use. It makes me use my muscles to work it. It focuses mainly on my legs and buttocks and abs, which I love. But there are a few things that it could improve on. I would like a machine with resistance and that is very sturdy. I cannot work towards bigger muscles with this equipment.

Set up is simple. I unfold, lock in place, turn on the H.R.M. and begin my run. The feature I enjoy most about the Gazelle would be the way it rocks back and forth without putting too much strain on my knees. I have a torn ACL that still is injured so it helps in that aspect quite a bit and strengthens my muscles around my ACL without too much strain. If I could improve this machine at all, I would add a lock to the angle once in use.

It was fairly easy to put together following the instructions, but it does take a bit of time. I suggest 2 people to put it together, makes it easier. But it started squeaking just like our old one. I was having to remove, clean, lubricate the sleeves twice a week. I tried light oil, heavy oil, and different types of grease. But I have high hopes for my Gazelle Freestyle! It definitely gives a full body workout. I like the different settings that allows you to see distance and calories. My heart rate only gets to the 130s-140s (which still puts me in the right heart rate zone) so I figure I may have to use this longer but I definitely feel sore all over my back and trunk and legs and arms. Your BODY is providing the resistance on the Freestyle. I don't see how you can't get tone using this!

The Gazelle is very easy to use. It folds out then push button start. It has very simple settings that are very clearly labeled for easy adjustment while I'm using the machine. I just wish it had that feature where you can pick jungles to go through or cities to visit while you workout but I like the workout. I don't have many complaints. And I like the ability to workout my whole body at once and go from light to heavy workouts without having to change machines. I can change my angle and completely alter my workout.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gazelle?

The Gazelle is easy to use and fun to work out on. To make working out more fun, it should have a TV screen on it. It's just sluggish and hard to move around, crushed my feet a few times. But I like using it very much to work out on. Glad I got it.

The Gazelle is easy on my knees and all my other joints, which is important because I have bad knees and ankles. The setup is in about medium level of difficulty, not too hard but not really easy either. The look is bulky and not streamlined at all although to be fair it is an older model and not too up to date. I wish that I had gotten a machine that was easier to set up and slimmer design. That would be absolutely perfect for me.

Gazelle Company Profile