4.40/5
Based on 20 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

Flonase Allergy Relief

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: July 21, 2017

20 Flonase Allergy Relief Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: July 21, 2017

It is easy to take and works pretty quickly, within a couple days. I tend to get sinus pressure and dryness and the Flonase helped with this. The cost isn't too terrible, either. Using Flonase Allergy Relief for too long makes my nose bleed, drying my sinuses out more. So I would have to stop using it for a while (week or two) then go back to it when my allergies got worse. It also has a weird smell/after taste. It was recommended to me when I was pregnant and was the only approved nasal spray my doctor said I could use. My allergies were AWFUL that year so using the Flonase and experiencing relief in just a couple of days was a huge comfort.

Original review: July 20, 2017

I like my allergy medication Flonase because it a nasal spray, and very easy to use, it not a pill. And it don't make me sleepy. There is nothing at all that I dislike about my allergy medication Flonase. It don't make me sleep, it keep working all day, and I can play outside with my kids longer. Flonase help cleans out my nose without drying it out. It helps with the allergy without causing me to sleep.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: July 19, 2017

I liked that it helped with my allergies and that helped stopped the sinus drainage for the back of the throat. It was a good price for the medication because my insurance paid for it and I thought I would be happy with it. But I did not like the side effects. It made me very anxious for some odd reason. I would be so anxious about everything and I didn't know my mind would be racing about different things that I couldn't even control. My overall experience was not good because of the side of this medication because I have never felt so much anxiety that I couldn't handle it so I had to stop it and once I stopped it my anxiety went back to normal.

Original review: July 18, 2017

It is easy to use and it's something I can take with me anywhere and use. It doesn't make me sleepy. I also like that it comes in a spray bottle. But I don't like that it is a steroids. So I don't use it unless I really am having a lot of trouble with itchy and watery eyes and sneezing. Also, it's in a glass bottle so if I dropped it, it could break and then be without anything. My Dr. told me to take it is way I use it. It usually does what I need it to do but in few cases not completely.

Original review: July 17, 2017

I choose this brand because I had tried another otc allergy medicine and it was ok, but when I did research on Flonase and the positive reviews I decided to try it. It does work fast but I don't think it works within a 24 hr. but rather in 1-2 hours period. But it overall is very effective. I like it because it is non drowsy and I can afford the price and it really helps me with my allergy problem. My sinuses are no longer clogged, I don't sneeze or have running eyes whenever pollen is in the air. I would recommend Flonase as a great product.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Flonase Allergy Relief?

Original review: July 16, 2017

It seems to work on contact and all you do is squirt it and you are done. So easy to use and it is easy to store too, not bad at all. But I dislike that it makes my nose hurt at times, I am not sure why it does that but it is more annoying than anything. It feels the same as getting water in nose. I have little issues with Flonase but I feel so good after use.

Original review: July 14, 2017

I like that it's quick and easy spray to help relieve stuffy nose and headaches caused by the effects of pollen - convenient packing and not a bad price, for the relief I am getting. I chose this after visiting my doctor - I hadn't really had an issue, but she said I sounded stuffed up, and suggested this during seasonal allergy season - I tried it, and found a cure for a problem I didn't know I had! However I do not like squirting things in my nose! The runoff of medicine down my throat or my face is gross! do not like having to use while I am out or at work; it's embarrassing and can cause a mess.

Original review: July 13, 2017

Flonase is easy to use, cost effective, most of all it works. I don't like pills so this is a nose spray which is good. Just 2 puffs and you can breathe again for hours. It's long lasting. But sometimes the liquid shoots too far up my nose and goes down my throat. It tastes horrible and it's suppose to taste horrible, but Flonase should have a tube which doesn't shoot the liquid too far up thus allowing this to happen. Minor stuff though. Flonase meets my expectations because unlike any others, this doesn't make me groggy throughout the day, this energizes me actually. It's cheap in price, no prescription, available everywhere. It's just a reliable brand all in all.

Original review: July 12, 2017

It helped control the allergies and was convenient to use. It could be carried around and used when necessary and was quick acting when used. It helped with the allergies significantly. However, it contributed to a sustained cough I was suffering, the fluid is hard to meter and seemed to collect in your lungs if used too aggressively. Your throat felt coated after use. But other allergy medications, specifically the pills seemed to affect my mood, this one did not. This was more effective for me to use and still function normally throughout a day.

Original review: July 11, 2017

I was recommended by a doctor as a child to use Flonase and haven't really used any other allergy medicine since. It does not have any side effects so I felt normal and it works so I have no complaints. I like that it's easy to take and no pills are involved. I can just use the nasal and spray my medication up my nose which is what I like about Flonase the most. The only minor thing is once you spray it up your nose that it runs back down some times. So keep tissue nearby. Otherwise my overall experience with the medicine was good.

Original review: July 10, 2017

After trial and error with many brands Flonase is the most effective with the fewest side effects and is not habit forming like some of the other brands. I like the fact that it is a nasal spray, those are the quickest acting and do not upset my stomach the way some tablets do. It is long lasting too. The only thing is I don't like using medication at all and it is money I wish I didn't have to spend, so I don't like how much allergy medication costs. All of it costs too much and the ones that are cheap don't work.

Original review: July 9, 2017

I like that Flonase is so convenient to use and doubles as a nasal spray. It was recommended by my doctor because I always get terribly congested when I have allergies. It's easy and quick to use. It provides relief quickly with absolutely no side effects. But it could become addicting because I have read that nasal sprays have addictive qualities. I have also heard that nasal sprays can become ineffective after too much use so that concerns me as well. Nevertheless, my doctor said it would help with my congestion and it has done exactly that. It's a little expensive but definitely worth it.

Original review: July 8, 2017

I need medication for sneezing and runny nose during the spring and summer months. Flonase can be used without a prescription and you can use it every 24 hours. I like the fact you don't have to use it several times a day and it stops my nose from running and it controls the sneezing. I selected this allergy medication because it advertised relief for nasal congestion, itchy, and watery eyes and it was non-drowsy. It also stated it blocked substances that caused inflammation. Overall gets the job done.

Original review: July 7, 2017

Flonase is a good start. It's a spray and not a large tablet you try to swallow. Most of the other medications listed are in tablet format and the ** is another spray option. But the cost and the taste is a big factor, and there are times the size of the tablets are hard to swallow. I've had several tries with medications and Flonase assists in the nasal area. If I have an allergy from outside that smells like a barn, Flonase has a floral smell. What I dislike is the spray going in the nose and running down my throat.

Original review: July 6, 2017

After using Flonase I feel great. It lasts for about 4 hours which is one less than advertised. I don't experience any side effects. I choose Flonase over other brands because it is the most cost effective and readily available where I live. I like that there is easy instructions. The pills aren't too big and the nose applied spray works really well. I am also glad that the product isn't too expensive. But I dislike the fact that the nozzle for the nasal spray doesn't fit in my nose very well. I also think the packaging and advertisements aren't very good in my opinion to prove you have a good product. You need good ads and packaging.

Original review: July 5, 2017

I like that it works well. It does the exact things I need and no more or less. It was chosen by my Dr., my P.C.P. She recommended the product for my spring/fall allergies and to help with my sinuses. I do have pain in my left ear. She said using a nasal spray to dry my sinuses would clear up the aches in my ear. She told me Flonase would help and it has - when I remember to use it. Due to the packaging though it's sometimes hard to figure out when I'm needing more or when it's getting close to being empty.

Original review: July 4, 2017

Flonase is easy to use and I really enjoy the spray, seems to work more quickly than tablet form and lasts for a good amount of time. The retail price is a little higher than other brands and forms of allergy medication but as well as Flonase works it is well worth the higher retail price. It is a relief from the dreaded allergies and sinus problems. It is also now available over the counter in most drug stores and major retailers that have script departments. Wish it would have been available over the counter sooner. Would highly recommend Flonase to anyone suffering from sinus problems or seasonal allergies. Would like to see some coupons from time to time to help reduce the price.

Original review: July 3, 2017

This is the only over the counter medicine that relieves and prevents my allergy symptoms. The active ingredients are what makes it work so well. But I wish that they didn't have any artificial ingredients in them and I wish that they would offer more bulk deals or coupons for a lower price. Other than that it's fine. My overall experience with this medication is it works to prevent my worst allergy symptoms and takes a short and reasonable amount of time to start working.

Original review: July 2, 2017

Flonase was recommended. I was looking for something that did not burn and I finally found a product. I did not have any side effects and I did not get the dripping down my throat too. It worked like I needed it to and it was affordable. This medication opens up my sinuses very quickly. I can use it anywhere and anytime so that is a plus.

Original review: June 29, 2017

I've been using Flonase Allergy Relief ever since my doc prescribed this about 4 yrs ago. It's been a lifesaver and it's not addicting like the regular nasal spray. I can actually breath at night when I go to bed. A squirt in the morning and one at night does the job. However, the spray bottle rarely does not work as well as the prescription bottle did, it will not deliver a fine mist but rather deliver spurts of liquid or nothing at all. Even if you wipe the nozzle after each use it does not deliver evenly as it should, so I end up wasting medicine because of the nozzle. Other than that, there is an almost immediate relief when you first use it. The effect is not strong, but it is enough to give some relief as you wait for the longer term effect to take hold. This is meant for everyday use whether you are stuffed or not for the whole wretched season. Best of all, if you stop using it, there is no rebound effect.

Flonase Allergy Relief expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Flonase is an over-the-counter nasal spray that helps block six allergic substances: Histamine, Sytokines, Prostaglandins, Trypases, Chemokines and Leukotrienes. It offers 24-hour non-drowsy relief of nose and eye related allergy symptoms.

• Over the counter: Flonase used to be only available by prescription, but now anyone can find relief without making a trip to the doctor first. Find Flonase online and at major pharmacies and retailers nationwide.
    • More than just an antihistamine: Flonase blocks more than just histamines, which makes it effective for people who suffer from moderate to severe allergies.
    • Flonase rewards: Sign up for a free Flonase account and receive an instant coupon. In addition, you can upload your receipt anytime you buy Flonase, take surveys and participate in other promotions to receive reward points. Turn your reward points in for gift cards to favorite places like Starbucks, Zappos, Express and many more.
    • Safe for children ages four and up: Flonase is safe for children as young as four. Note that children between the ages of four and 11 should only spray in each nostril once per day. Talk to your child’s doctor if your child needs to use Flonase for more than two months out of the year.
    • 24-hour relief: Flonase provides relief for a full 24 hours. If you forget to take a dose, don’t try to make up for it by adding an extra dose the next day. Simply continue taking your regular dosage.
    • Best for: Flonase is best for adults and children four and older with severe nose and eye allergy symptoms.
    Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs