4.26/5
Based on 38 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

38 Flonase Allergy Relief Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 30, 2018

Flonase worked very well to prevent allergy symptoms. I felt fine while taking it, however it alters my sense of smell. I notice when I use it that I constantly smell something that smells like rotten garbage... but when I stop taking it for a few days the smell goes away. Other than that, it's convenient and no pills to swallow, just one or two squirts into each nostril. My husband uses Flonase also. Allergy season is much more manageable with this medication.

Original review: April 29, 2018

I originally got it when it was a prescription medication. It's simple to use and it's effective. It doesn't dry out my sinuses like pills do which causes nosebleeds. It's reasonably priced and I can use it every day of the year. However, I don't like the aftertaste/smell it leaves behind.

Get expert buying tips about Allergy Medicine delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 28, 2018

My Doctor prescribed Flonase Allergy Relief for me. I have tried several medications over 20 years and while many had awful side effects, I've finally got the right grouping of meds that work. The medication keeps my allergies under control and keeps me mildly comfortable, although I wish I didn't need more than one prescription. In the end it's worth finding what works.

Original review: April 27, 2018

My seasonal allergies are really bad in January and February and I am constantly going to the doctor for it. One doctor recommended trying this medicine so at the point I was ready to try anything and it helped a little. It's quick to use and it seems to last a long time or I just don't use it a lot! This allergy medicine is unique because you snort it through your nose. I really don't like putting medicine in my nose but it helps a little so sometimes you have to do things you don't like. I also don't like the smell or taste of it and it gives me a headache at time when I do take it.

Original review: April 26, 2018

Flonase Allergy Relief is doctor recommended and was highly recommended by other people that I knew who had tried it. The only side effect I had was that it made my throat sore where my sinus' would drain. But other than that, I didn't have any problem. The fresh smell of the spray was nice and it works to open up my nose. Most spray I have used didn't work as well as Flonase.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Flonase Allergy Relief?

Original review: April 25, 2018

My doctor had recommended Flonase Allergy Relief when I went in for a visit, they said it was fast acting which is exactly what I needed. The first time I used it I knew it was the right medication for me by how quick and efficient it rid my symptoms. It's very effective but the only thing I dislike is the price. It's expensive especially when used daily. But other than that, I have had no issues with the use or the performance of the medication. It doesn't cause any side effects. It's easy to use and can even be used while on the go. I'm very satisfied with results and will definitely continue to use it.

Original review: April 24, 2018

Flonase treats the sinuses directly and gives my nose somewhat immediate relief. The spray method is soothing on my sinuses and immediately reduces inflammation in my face. But Flonase can be pretty pricey if not provided or prescribed by a doctor. I have received Flonase OTC, as a sample from my PCP, and via prescription. But when I purchased it OTC it was too expensive to upkeep. I have had good results with Flonase though and I use it every Spring when my allergies get bad. It always helps prevent and/or cure a sinus infection. I used Flonase in conjunction with ** tablets which seemed to really help each medicine work its best.

Original review: April 23, 2018

Flonase is easy to use and it works well and lasts a long time. I have tried other nasal sprays and they don't seem to be as effective as Flonase has been for me. I have to have my allergy medicine. I usually feel relieved after using it and I haven't experienced any side effects. I use both a nasal spray and take an oral tab in order to cover all of my bases since my allergies are so severe. However, Flonase is way too expensive and I'm afraid if I use it too much it won't work after a while. I've had this problem before with other over the counter medicines and it's not a good feeling when your medicine doesn't work like it used to.

Original review: April 22, 2018

I first tried this medication at my parents' house during a bad spell of allergies. It worked very well, and very quickly, with no real side effects, so I continued to use it. It provides the most effective and fast relief for all the medications I have tried, and doesn't make me as drowsy as many other allergy medications. But, like most over-the-counter medications it is too expensive to purchase regularly.

Original review: April 21, 2018

Flonase was the first inhaled nasal ** to be available over the counter. When I first started using it it was prescription only and I would frequently run out. Once it became available OTC I just kept using it. It's less expensive than others and I like that it helps to open my nasal passages by reducing the inflammation caused by my allergies. It goes straight to the source of the problem and helps to fix it rather than just mask the problem. But I dislike that I have to use it everyday. I would like if I did not need to use it that often because it would last longer. Also, I go back and forth on the smell. Sometimes I like it and sometimes I do not like it.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Flonase was recommended to me by my allergist. I began taking it upon the first sign of the symptoms, and the medication helped stop them. There were no side-effects that I encountered. I liked when taking Flonase, my symptoms completely disappeared and I was "back to normal" during the time I was on them. It made me feel so much better. I liked that I was able to go about my day symptom free. Very pleased with the results.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I was prescribed Flonase by my allergy doctor for seasonal allergies to pollen, weeds, grass and trees. My symptoms included running noses, itchy eyes and hives. It worked fairly well initially and I was happy with the results at first until wasn't. I developed bloody noses due to using it. The bloody noses were not too bad, but they were disruptive to my life and a bit embarrassing. They would happen at random times and I was unprepared. I liked Flonase and although it does work, the side affects were too much.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I have had problems with coughing that was related to my sinus allergies and the Flonase seems to help with that a great deal. It was recommended to me by my doctor. And after using it I could tell immediately a difference in my sinus problems. I've had less problems since I began using it. The only side effect is feeling the sinuses drain down your throat and you have to spit, but that is expected. But I really dislike having to spray it up my nose. It is kind of a strange feeling the first couple times that you use it and takes a little getting use to. This was the first time that I used this type of allergy medication. I wish there was a pill that gave the same results.

Original review: April 15, 2018

I use Flonase for seasonal allergies. My doctor prescribed it to me and it does not make me ill. I like it because it is easy to use and convenient and my insurance pays for the medication. This over the counter medication also helps me prevent sinus infections and treats them as well. It helps with sinus pressure and swelling. However, I do not like its flowery scent when I spray it in my nostrils. This scent stays around most of the day. Also if I do not apply it just right; slight bent over it will not go where I want it and I will taste the medication all day. Also sometimes the spray bottle doesn't spray but comes out in a pool and isn't effective. And at times it also raises my sugar levels as well. But my overall experience with Flonase is positive. After using it I still feel satisfied with its performance as an effective allergy medication.

Original review: April 14, 2018

Flonase makes me feel good. It does a really good job and helping with my allergy symptoms and does not make me drowsy. Flonase is easy to take as it's a spray in the nose instead of pills and it is a once a day thing. But sometimes Flonase does not handle my allergy as well as I would think so I have to use other allergy medicines to handle it. And I really don't like taking medication and especially multiple times a day.

Original review: April 13, 2018

Flonase Allergy Relief is easy to use, long lasting, aftertaste of lavender. Overall, the most effective for OTC allergy meds. But price is rather expensive, sometimes need to add another OTC med to help out.

Original review: April 12, 2018

Flonase was recommended by my physician about fifteen years ago. I have been taking it ever since as a prescription. It works all the time, as long as I stay on it. If I get off of it a day, it takes me a good week to recover and get back on the medicine. I like that it is a brand and medicine I can depend on to help me through the toughest seasons. But the after smell is nauseating. Also, if you do not spray it correctly, you taste it in the back of your throat, which is nasty. It does take a while to get into your system and not long to get out of your system. I take it every night in fear of being stuffy the next day. It also doesn't work if you are stuffy. And then my wife sometimes has nose bleeds from it drying her out too much.

Original review: April 8, 2018

The nose spray is a quick solution to help with my allergies. I felt better after using it and there were no side effects. It is easy to use and family members have had good results using it which made it happier to use it as well. But I do not like that nose sprays can be addicting and I try not to use them often throughout the day. Usually a spray in the morning helps my allergies throughout the day. My experience with Flonase Allergy Relief was good.

Original review: July 21, 2017

It is easy to take and works pretty quickly, within a couple days. I tend to get sinus pressure and dryness and the Flonase helped with this. The cost isn't too terrible, either. Using Flonase Allergy Relief for too long makes my nose bleed, drying my sinuses out more. So I would have to stop using it for a while (week or two) then go back to it when my allergies got worse. It also has a weird smell/after taste. It was recommended to me when I was pregnant and was the only approved nasal spray my doctor said I could use. My allergies were AWFUL that year so using the Flonase and experiencing relief in just a couple of days was a huge comfort.

Original review: July 20, 2017

I like my allergy medication Flonase because it a nasal spray, and very easy to use, it not a pill. And it don't make me sleepy. There is nothing at all that I dislike about my allergy medication Flonase. It don't make me sleep, it keep working all day, and I can play outside with my kids longer. Flonase help cleans out my nose without drying it out. It helps with the allergy without causing me to sleep.

Original review: July 19, 2017

I liked that it helped with my allergies and that helped stopped the sinus drainage for the back of the throat. It was a good price for the medication because my insurance paid for it and I thought I would be happy with it. But I did not like the side effects. It made me very anxious for some odd reason. I would be so anxious about everything and I didn't know my mind would be racing about different things that I couldn't even control. My overall experience was not good because of the side of this medication because I have never felt so much anxiety that I couldn't handle it so I had to stop it and once I stopped it my anxiety went back to normal.

Original review: July 18, 2017

It is easy to use and it's something I can take with me anywhere and use. It doesn't make me sleepy. I also like that it comes in a spray bottle. But I don't like that it is a steroids. So I don't use it unless I really am having a lot of trouble with itchy and watery eyes and sneezing. Also, it's in a glass bottle so if I dropped it, it could break and then be without anything. My Dr. told me to take it is way I use it. It usually does what I need it to do but in few cases not completely.

Original review: July 17, 2017

I choose this brand because I had tried another otc allergy medicine and it was ok, but when I did research on Flonase and the positive reviews I decided to try it. It does work fast but I don't think it works within a 24 hr. but rather in 1-2 hours period. But it overall is very effective. I like it because it is non drowsy and I can afford the price and it really helps me with my allergy problem. My sinuses are no longer clogged, I don't sneeze or have running eyes whenever pollen is in the air. I would recommend Flonase as a great product.

Original review: July 16, 2017

It seems to work on contact and all you do is squirt it and you are done. So easy to use and it is easy to store too, not bad at all. But I dislike that it makes my nose hurt at times, I am not sure why it does that but it is more annoying than anything. It feels the same as getting water in nose. I have little issues with Flonase but I feel so good after use.

Original review: July 14, 2017

I like that it's quick and easy spray to help relieve stuffy nose and headaches caused by the effects of pollen - convenient packing and not a bad price, for the relief I am getting. I chose this after visiting my doctor - I hadn't really had an issue, but she said I sounded stuffed up, and suggested this during seasonal allergy season - I tried it, and found a cure for a problem I didn't know I had! However I do not like squirting things in my nose! The runoff of medicine down my throat or my face is gross! do not like having to use while I am out or at work; it's embarrassing and can cause a mess.

Original review: July 13, 2017

Flonase is easy to use, cost effective, most of all it works. I don't like pills so this is a nose spray which is good. Just 2 puffs and you can breathe again for hours. It's long lasting. But sometimes the liquid shoots too far up my nose and goes down my throat. It tastes horrible and it's suppose to taste horrible, but Flonase should have a tube which doesn't shoot the liquid too far up thus allowing this to happen. Minor stuff though. Flonase meets my expectations because unlike any others, this doesn't make me groggy throughout the day, this energizes me actually. It's cheap in price, no prescription, available everywhere. It's just a reliable brand all in all.

Original review: July 12, 2017

It helped control the allergies and was convenient to use. It could be carried around and used when necessary and was quick acting when used. It helped with the allergies significantly. However, it contributed to a sustained cough I was suffering, the fluid is hard to meter and seemed to collect in your lungs if used too aggressively. Your throat felt coated after use. But other allergy medications, specifically the pills seemed to affect my mood, this one did not. This was more effective for me to use and still function normally throughout a day.

Original review: July 11, 2017

I was recommended by a doctor as a child to use Flonase and haven't really used any other allergy medicine since. It does not have any side effects so I felt normal and it works so I have no complaints. I like that it's easy to take and no pills are involved. I can just use the nasal and spray my medication up my nose which is what I like about Flonase the most. The only minor thing is once you spray it up your nose that it runs back down some times. So keep tissue nearby. Otherwise my overall experience with the medicine was good.

Original review: July 10, 2017

After trial and error with many brands Flonase is the most effective with the fewest side effects and is not habit forming like some of the other brands. I like the fact that it is a nasal spray, those are the quickest acting and do not upset my stomach the way some tablets do. It is long lasting too. The only thing is I don't like using medication at all and it is money I wish I didn't have to spend, so I don't like how much allergy medication costs. All of it costs too much and the ones that are cheap don't work.

Original review: July 9, 2017

I like that Flonase is so convenient to use and doubles as a nasal spray. It was recommended by my doctor because I always get terribly congested when I have allergies. It's easy and quick to use. It provides relief quickly with absolutely no side effects. But it could become addicting because I have read that nasal sprays have addictive qualities. I have also heard that nasal sprays can become ineffective after too much use so that concerns me as well. Nevertheless, my doctor said it would help with my congestion and it has done exactly that. It's a little expensive but definitely worth it.

Flonase Allergy Relief expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Flonase is an over-the-counter nasal spray that helps block six allergic substances: Histamine, Sytokines, Prostaglandins, Trypases, Chemokines and Leukotrienes. It offers 24-hour non-drowsy relief of nose and eye related allergy symptoms.

• Over the counter: Flonase used to be only available by prescription, but now anyone can find relief without making a trip to the doctor first. Find Flonase online and at major pharmacies and retailers nationwide.

• More than just an antihistamine: Flonase blocks more than just histamines, which makes it effective for people who suffer from moderate to severe allergies.

• Flonase rewards: Sign up for a free Flonase account and receive an instant coupon. In addition, you can upload your receipt anytime you buy Flonase, take surveys and participate in other promotions to receive reward points. Turn your reward points in for gift cards to favorite places like Starbucks, Zappos, Express and many more.

• Safe for children ages four and up: Flonase is safe for children as young as four. Note that children between the ages of four and 11 should only spray in each nostril once per day. Talk to your child’s doctor if your child needs to use Flonase for more than two months out of the year.

• 24-hour relief: Flonase provides relief for a full 24 hours. If you forget to take a dose, don’t try to make up for it by adding an extra dose the next day. Simply continue taking your regular dosage.

• Best for: Flonase is best for adults and children four and older with severe nose and eye allergy symptoms.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

Flonase Allergy Relief Company Information

www.flonase.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business