Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.95/5

Flonase Allergy Relief Reviews

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

So last year Dr. Recommend. Refused and wasn’t sure about side effects. This year allergies where very bad so on call nurse which was suppose be visit to Primary care. Dr. wasn’t available. Recommend. Said she used all time. So I used. 3.00 am woke up with tingling lips and noticed rash on stomach. Thought about calling Ambulance. Got worse all night. Felt like someone stabbing me in stomach. By morning felt burning in my throat was feeling like a choking feeling. Tried eating. Started spitting up my food. Then ran bathroom with diarrhea. That was last straw. Called for Ambulance. Went to ER.

Stomach pain was horrible and choking feeling was scary. Still never had seen Dr, even in ER. Figured out triggered my IBS, Gerd, heartburn, and terrible stomach pains. Yeah me had give me strong heartburn med which even made feel like choking. They decide have take ** for three weeks and call my GI dr. Never took Flonase in my life and had make in my chart as severe allergic reaction. Threw it in trash when I got home...never again. They kicker trying contact a lawyer because insurance won’t cover part Ambulance bill. That shouldn’t even had to take if just refused to take the Flonase again. Had to learn hard way and even The EMT SAID IT HAS pretty nasty side effects. You think. Users beware. Thank you and frustrating not sure what do from here just need to get this off my chest.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

Don't care what benefits this drug has. It completely RUINED MY SENSE OF SMELL. I did exactly what the doctor said to do. Used exactly as prescribed and have lost my sense of smell!!!! ALL drugs have side effects. Nature of the beast BUT...this is HUGE WIDESPREAD SIDE EFFECT and manufacturer is NOT INFORMING PUBLIC.

Get expert buying tips about Allergy Medicine delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I took Flonase for 10 days straight dosing 1 spray per day at 50mcg to aid with illness. This was prescribed by a doctor with no conversation around side effects. My nose now bleeds every 2 to 3 days. A couple times had been violently heavy flow during times like a hot shower. It's been a month since discontinuing use and am still getting nose bleeds followed by a manageable headache. Even something like a warm plate of food or temperature fluctuation will make my nose pour. Today it happened in a restaurant while trying to enjoy dinner with my wife. I do not have any prior problems with frequent nosebleeds. People treat this medication and use it daily for months. I urge you to at minimum read the long term side effects. Never again.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I took Flonase daily for a month to open my sinuses before bed. When I stopped using the product, I started to notice a garbage fume smell in my nose and mouth usually triggered by pressure or by bending over to pick something up. Then it goes away. I think it may be a phantom smell from what I read, which means it’s not actually a scent, but a change in my sense of smell interpreting it differently. I plan to pray and a three day fast to see if it will make it go away. It makes me self conscious that it’s my breath. But I don’t think others can smell it. Definitely done leftover chemical in my sinuses from the Flonase. Don’t use Flonase.

Original review: April 30, 2018

Flonase worked very well to prevent allergy symptoms. I felt fine while taking it, however it alters my sense of smell. I notice when I use it that I constantly smell something that smells like rotten garbage... but when I stop taking it for a few days the smell goes away. Other than that, it's convenient and no pills to swallow, just one or two squirts into each nostril. My husband uses Flonase also. Allergy season is much more manageable with this medication.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Flonase Allergy Relief?

Original review: April 29, 2018

I originally got it when it was a prescription medication. It's simple to use and it's effective. It doesn't dry out my sinuses like pills do which causes nosebleeds. It's reasonably priced and I can use it every day of the year. However, I don't like the aftertaste/smell it leaves behind.

Original review: April 28, 2018

My Doctor prescribed Flonase Allergy Relief for me. I have tried several medications over 20 years and while many had awful side effects, I've finally got the right grouping of meds that work. The medication keeps my allergies under control and keeps me mildly comfortable, although I wish I didn't need more than one prescription. In the end it's worth finding what works.

Original review: April 27, 2018

My seasonal allergies are really bad in January and February and I am constantly going to the doctor for it. One doctor recommended trying this medicine so at the point I was ready to try anything and it helped a little. It's quick to use and it seems to last a long time or I just don't use it a lot! This allergy medicine is unique because you snort it through your nose. I really don't like putting medicine in my nose but it helps a little so sometimes you have to do things you don't like. I also don't like the smell or taste of it and it gives me a headache at time when I do take it.

Original review: April 26, 2018

Flonase Allergy Relief is doctor recommended and was highly recommended by other people that I knew who had tried it. The only side effect I had was that it made my throat sore where my sinus' would drain. But other than that, I didn't have any problem. The fresh smell of the spray was nice and it works to open up my nose. Most spray I have used didn't work as well as Flonase.

Original review: April 25, 2018

My doctor had recommended Flonase Allergy Relief when I went in for a visit, they said it was fast acting which is exactly what I needed. The first time I used it I knew it was the right medication for me by how quick and efficient it rid my symptoms. It's very effective but the only thing I dislike is the price. It's expensive especially when used daily. But other than that, I have had no issues with the use or the performance of the medication. It doesn't cause any side effects. It's easy to use and can even be used while on the go. I'm very satisfied with results and will definitely continue to use it.

Is your car out of warranty?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right extended auto warranty for you.

Flonase Allergy Relief expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Flonase is an over-the-counter nasal spray that helps block six allergic substances: Histamine, Sytokines, Prostaglandins, Trypases, Chemokines and Leukotrienes. It offers 24-hour non-drowsy relief of nose and eye related allergy symptoms.

• Over the counter: Flonase used to be only available by prescription, but now anyone can find relief without making a trip to the doctor first. Find Flonase online and at major pharmacies and retailers nationwide.

• More than just an antihistamine: Flonase blocks more than just histamines, which makes it effective for people who suffer from moderate to severe allergies.

• Flonase rewards: Sign up for a free Flonase account and receive an instant coupon. In addition, you can upload your receipt anytime you buy Flonase, take surveys and participate in other promotions to receive reward points. Turn your reward points in for gift cards to favorite places like Starbucks, Zappos, Express and many more.

• Safe for children ages four and up: Flonase is safe for children as young as four. Note that children between the ages of four and 11 should only spray in each nostril once per day. Talk to your child’s doctor if your child needs to use Flonase for more than two months out of the year.

• 24-hour relief: Flonase provides relief for a full 24 hours. If you forget to take a dose, don’t try to make up for it by adding an extra dose the next day. Simply continue taking your regular dosage.

• Best for: Flonase is best for adults and children four and older with severe nose and eye allergy symptoms.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team