3.6/5 (107 ratings)

About Fitbit

Fitbit is an activewear company with a line of popular fitness-focused tracking devices. Its models come in several different styles at various price points. These devices are easy to use and ideal for those who want to track their daily steps, calories burned or sleep habits.

Pros

• Easy to use
  • Well-known brand
  • Many model and style options
  • Sleep tracking

Cons

• Can be expensive
  • No blood pressure tracking
  • No Apple texting

Bottom Line

Fitbit offers a large lineup of fitness trackers. Its devices don’t allow Apple texting or blood pressure tracking, but they do track sleep habits, calorie burn and daily steps. Fitbit can be pricey, but it offers many price points.

Fitbit Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fitbit?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fitbit?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

I have been a loyal Fitbit customer since 2016. I have had the Charge2, two Charge3’s and now the Inspire2. I had had little to no issues with the Charge models. My main issue is the App. I can no longer sync to the App. It will say to wait for 20 or 30 minutes then fail. Support told me I needed to update my IPhone. I told them I have and there are no new updates for my model. I was told my phone is now too old for their new apps. He said, "You need to buy a new phone."

My (bought and paid for) Fitbit worked with my current phone for over a year. Fitbit updated me out of a working device, I am done with them. I believe the issue is that I am able to set my privacy settings so that they cannot harvest my personal data and other activity to sell it so it cannot complete the update. This is upsetting to me because my daughters and granddaughters and I have been doing challenges for the last couple of years. As we live in 4 different states it was a great way to stay connected.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

I have been a proponent of Fitbit products since 2014. I have had multiple Charges. I've had an Ionic (and a replacement one) and most recently the Sense. I have even had two of their weight scales. I have put faith in my ability to troubleshoot (with and without Support) and give the product and the company the benefit of the doubt by getting replacements and giving it another shot. I'm here to tell you I'm tired and absolutely DONE trying to support Fitbit. The product quality has gotten worse and worse and their inability to be accountable for poor product quality is embarrassing. The most recent group of products just stopped charging or turning on after updates. And, yes, I have done the updates as suggested and done everything to keep the product in its best state. But, I am constantly disappointed.

My Sense stopped charging after JUST 4 MONTHS of use. Support was understanding but had no recourse for me other than a replacement (after the only 45 days of opportunity for a full refund). A replacement of a poor product is not worth my time and, frankly, it shouldn't be the consumer's role to replace your product more often because you made it poorly to begin with. Spending hundreds of dollars has only gotten me more time calling Support and waiting for my next shipment of a replacement to come in. So, long story short, I'm done with Fitbit. Buy at your own risk.

Original review: July 14, 2021

I have owned my Fitbit for awhile. I even updated to the inspire 2, loving the first one, but I'm not happy with it. Shortly after purchase the time no longer appears when I turned my wrist. I have to push both buttons on the side. Lived with it after trying to fix it several times. NOW, since April, it no longer records my sleep. I have done EVERYTHING I've been told to do and it still doesn't work. How I sleep and telling the time are the only reasons I bought it. I'm hoping someone there sees this. Returning is an issue, apparently. I'd love to get one that works. Sad and Unhappy Stacy **. Abilene Texas.

Original review: June 17, 2021

I'm on my 3rd Fitbit. They seem to make them to last about a year, and it's getting more difficult to get a replacement. The customer service does everything they possibly can to delay the process. It's very irritating!

Original review: June 11, 2021

I bought a Fitbit Charge 3 in 2019 based on the Fitbit name. At first I LOVED it! After having it close to a year I noticed the screen would go black. It would buzz, but nothing on the screen. I went on their website and found the solution... It worked. Then it started doing it more. After a little over a year... just out of warranty... the screen went black and stayed black. If you look at the forums, you'll see this is a HUGE problem affecting hundreds of their customers. Support was useless and condescending. When trying to post on their forums my posts were repeatedly deleted as being "inflammatory or irrelevant." Recently they banned me from their site.

After the first one died, I posted on my Facebook page about this defective product. One of my friends had a Charge 3 but (wisely) had switched to an Apple watch. She gave me her Charge 3. It worked great... for one year and 2 months. It too has developed the black screen of death. I just purchased a Garmin. I will NEVER purchase another Fitbit product. They do not stand behind their products and care absolutely nothing about their customers. Shameful for such a well known company.

Fitbit Company Information