This company is not yet accredited. See reviews below to learn more or submit your own review.
Fitbit is an activewear company with a line of popular fitness-focused tracking devices. Its models come in several different styles at various price points. These devices are easy to use and ideal for those who want to track their daily steps, calories burned or sleep habits.
Fitbit offers a large lineup of fitness trackers. Its devices don’t allow Apple texting or blood pressure tracking, but they do track sleep habits, calorie burn and daily steps. Fitbit can be pricey, but it offers many price points.
- Easy to use
- Well-known brand
- Many model and style options
- Sleep tracking
- Can be expensive
- No blood pressure tracking
- No Apple texting
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations.
What is Fitbit?
Fitbit is a technology company that specializes in activewear and devices that promote a healthy lifestyle. Fitbit is most known for its line of smartwatches, which come in many models and styles and are designed to help users stay on top of their fitness goals.
What does a Fitbit do?
Fitbit smartwatches track a wide variety of fitness factors, like heart rate, sleep, steps and calories burned. They can also help track meals and weight loss. The smartwatch itself tracks data with your connected device (usually a phone), and you’ll need the Fitbit app for the full tracking experience. When connected, a Fitbit acts not only as a goal tracker but also as a source of motivation to complete more steps, workouts and general wellness activities.
Fitbit offers several different devices. Its smartwatches connect to your phone in order to track workouts and lifestyle choices, send text messages, answer calls and check the weather. Fitbit also has standard fitness trackers that offer many of the same services without the smartphone technology; these are best for users most focused on wellness benefits. Fitbit also sells accessories, including watchbands and scales.
At the time of publishing, Fitbit prices start at $99.95 for the Fitbit Inspire 2, a basic tracker. Its other two trackers cost around $150 each. Fitbit smartwatches are more expensive, starting at $179.95 for the Fitbit Versa 2. The newer Fitbit Versa 3 lands at $229.95. Its most expensive model, the Fitbit Sense, costs $329.95 and includes a wide variety of high-tech features, such as skin temperature monitoring, women’s health options and more.
- What phones are compatible with Fitbits?
- The Fitbit app is compatible with most popular phones and tablets, including iPhones running iOS 12.2 or higher, Google Pixel, Samsung Galaxy phones running Android OS 7.0 or higher and many Huawei devices.
- What’s the cheapest Fitbit?
- The kid’s Fitbit Ace 2 is the cheapest Fitbit device. The cheapest adult model is the Fitbit Inspire 2, which is $99.95.
- Does Fitbit measure blood pressure?
- No, current Fitbit devices cannot track blood pressure.
- Should you wear a Fitbit to bed?
- Fitbit recommends it. Sleeping in your Fitbit allows you to track your sleep habits.
- Can you text on a Fitbit?
- Yes, if you have an Android phone. Fitbit Charge 3, Fitbit Charge 4, Fitbit Ionic, Fitbit Sense, and Fitbit Versa models allow texting when paired with Android phones.
Is Fitbit worth it?
Fitbit is one of the leading manufacturers of fitness trackers. With a variety of high-tech, personalized tracking options, Fitbit is ideal for those who want a better picture of their personal wellness. While more advanced features, e.g., skin temperature sensing, might not be worth the cost for everyone, most can find a Fitbit device within their budget. For Apple users, Fitbit might not be ideal beyond its fitness tracking, as they can’t use its smartwatches to their full potential.
Currently there are no customer reviews.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
Fitbit Company Information
- Company Name:
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.