Fitbit

Fitbit Reviews

About Fitbit

Fitbit is an activewear company with a line of popular fitness-focused tracking devices. Its models come in several different styles at various price points. These devices are easy to use and ideal for those who want to track their daily steps, calories burned or sleep habits.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Easy to use
  • Well-known brand
  • Many model and style options
  • Sleep tracking
Cons
  • Can be expensive
  • No blood pressure tracking
  • No Apple texting

What is Fitbit?

Fitbit is a technology company that specializes in activewear and devices that promote a healthy lifestyle. Fitbit is most known for its line of smartwatches, which come in many models and styles and are designed to help users stay on top of their fitness goals.

What does a Fitbit do?

Fitbit smartwatches track a wide variety of fitness factors, like heart rate, sleep, steps and calories burned. They can also help track meals and weight loss. The smartwatch itself tracks data with your connected device (usually a phone), and you’ll need the Fitbit app for the full tracking experience. When connected, a Fitbit acts not only as a goal tracker but also as a source of motivation to complete more steps, workouts and general wellness activities.

Fitbit types

Fitbit offers several different devices. Its smartwatches connect to your phone in order to track workouts and lifestyle choices, send text messages, answer calls and check the weather. Fitbit also has standard fitness trackers that offer many of the same services without the smartphone technology; these are best for users most focused on wellness benefits. Fitbit also sells accessories, including watchbands and scales.

Fitbit prices

At the time of publishing, Fitbit prices start at $99.95 for the Fitbit Inspire 2, a basic tracker. Its other two trackers cost around $150 each. Fitbit smartwatches are more expensive, starting at $179.95 for the Fitbit Versa 2. The newer Fitbit Versa 3 lands at $229.95. Its most expensive model, the Fitbit Sense, costs $329.95 and includes a wide variety of high-tech features, such as skin temperature monitoring, women’s health options and more.

Fitbit FAQ

What phones are compatible with Fitbits?

The Fitbit app is compatible with most popular phones and tablets, including iPhones running iOS 12.2 or higher, Google Pixel, Samsung Galaxy phones running Android OS 7.0 or higher and many Huawei devices.

What’s the cheapest Fitbit?

The kid’s Fitbit Ace 2 is the cheapest Fitbit device. The cheapest adult model is the Fitbit Inspire 2, which is $99.95.

Does Fitbit measure blood pressure?

No, current Fitbit devices cannot track blood pressure.

Should you wear a Fitbit to bed?

Fitbit recommends it. Sleeping in your Fitbit allows you to track your sleep habits.

Can you text on a Fitbit?

Yes, if you have an Android phone. Fitbit Charge 3, Fitbit Charge 4, Fitbit Ionic, Fitbit Sense, and Fitbit Versa models allow texting when paired with Android phones.

Is Fitbit worth it?

Fitbit is one of the leading manufacturers of fitness trackers. With a variety of high-tech, personalized tracking options, Fitbit is ideal for those who want a better picture of their personal wellness. While more advanced features, e.g., skin temperature sensing, might not be worth the cost for everyone, most can find a Fitbit device within their budget. For Apple users, Fitbit might not be ideal beyond its fitness tracking, as they can’t use its smartwatches to their full potential.

Fitbit Reviews

Stars Rating

• 1%
  • 3%
  • 3%
  • 2%
  • 90%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fitbit?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fitbit?

Reviewed July 24, 2024

Product claims water resistance, but mine failed due to water damage. Fitbit refused to replace this despite escalation and simply offered a paltry discount on buying another. Terrible quality, poor company, buy something else.

Verified purchase
    Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed Feb. 8, 2024

I purchased a Fitbit Charge 5 brand new in March, 2023. It is now February 2024 and my Fitbit Charge 5 is totally DEAD. I contacted customer service and was informed that my Fitbit "doesn’t meet the replacement requirements of our warranty policy since, even though the device was purchased through Amazon, the retailer where the device was purchased is not registered under our list of authorized retailers." Yet, Fitbit was more than willing to accept my $10 a month payment for Fitbit Premium even though the device I associated my premium service with was supposedly not from an "authorized" dealer! SHAME ON them for being so slimy as to produce a product that cost over $100 but didn't even make it one year from the purchase date. The company is garbage and the fact that they won't stand by their products is disgraceful. I will NEVER purchase a Fitbit product again.

Get buying tips about Exercise Equipment delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Customer ServiceSales & Marketing

Reviewed Feb. 7, 2024

Fitbit is without a doubt one of the WORST watches to buy for several reasons:

1. Quality is absolutely awful. I literally went through FOUR watches and none of them worked or stayed working for long.

2. Customer service is completely unacceptable. Basically High Schoolers reading a script. They ask you to try 3 or 4 things, if those don't work, they send you a replacement watch. The replacement watch (in my case THREE additional replacement watches) didn't work either.

3. At this point, I think Attorney Generals should shut this company down, as it appears to be a scam to bilk customers out of $200 by supplying them with subpar quality and subpar resolutions to concerns.

4. The "functions" appear to be so great, the problem is, if the watch works at all, it doesn't work for long, so what difference do the functions make if you cannot use them!!!!

Reviewed Jan. 8, 2024

Bought my daughter a Fitbit for Christmas. It worked 1 night then stopped recording sleep then day later stop connecting to her phone. Called customer service and there so called working on it. It's January 7th. No help yet. I spent my money to buy a 170 dollars watch. The proper thing would be to replace it for her... I bought straight from the company thinking that would be the best way. Lol .

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed Dec. 30, 2023

I've ordered 2 of these, both are broken and will not hold a charge. I've went online, YouTube, Google, and talked to 3 customer service representatives, HORRIBLE product, returning the 2nd tomorrow. Nobody can explain why this is happening, all of the plastic has been removed that they were shipped in. DON'T BUY! If you do make sure you get the warranty - you'll need it!

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed Dec. 18, 2023

I purchased a Fitbit last year. It was stolen in February and pretty sure never activated. I just received a charge for a premium Fitbit subscription, but do not have any active subscriptions connected to any accounts I have access to. I contacted Fitbit and they are telling me that since the subscription was not cancelled before the renewal, yesterday 12/17, they will not process a refund. Well, since I was unable to access any subscription, I was obviously unable to cancel it. This is an unauthorized charge of $85.27 on my debit card and they DO NOT care one bit. I've spent several hours dealing with this to no avail and will be contacting my bank about the charge. This is absolutely terrible customer service. I will never purchase any of their products again.

Reviewed Dec. 17, 2023

The most accurate part of the Fitbit is it will die on you in 2 years. It is also inconsistent on reading your pulse and has trouble updating with the phone. This is the 2 watch that has died in 2 years, time to find a better brand!!

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed Nov. 20, 2023

I received a Fitbit Sense 2 from my wife for Christmas last year. Having previously owned one that simply wore out, I was excited to have a new model, and after the 6 month freebie, I purchased extended premium service. The watch worked great until around late summer. At that time it stopped recording sleep, no longer gave a sleep score, no longer measured oxygen levels, nor a couple of other premium services. Several years ago when I owned my other Fitbit, customer service was exceptional. I assume because of Fitbit’s purchase by Google, it is now next to worthless. They outsourced that function overseas where 90% of the time their representatives cannot speak fluent English. All you get from customer service is them reading from a script, having you do random, worthless things, then telling you to call back in 24 hours if it doesn’t work, which it never does.

Reading multiple blogs it was apparent the problem is a software issue. I could never get customer service to address that. Instead, since it was under warranty, they sent two replacement watches (long after I returned the former watches). Both replacements had identical problems to the original. Again, it’s not a hardware problem, it’s software. Eventually I demanded they either fix the problem or refund my money. They had me return the 3rd watch, and they did issue a complete refund. However, having just renewed the premium service a few months ago, now they’re saying I cannot get a pro rata refund on the unused portion. I’ve tried to discuss logic with a representative; I no longer own their watch, so I cannot use the premium service. Speaking with them, they might as well eliminate the humans and make it totally AI, because both are totally worthless. Like so many others who have dumped Fitbit I replaced it with a Garmin.

Reviewed Nov. 16, 2023

I feel like I am always on a call to support for one issue or another. I have been through a number of Fitbit models. Now I dealing with an issue with my latest model of Versa 4. I have been told they have "escalated" my problem. Still haven't heard. I am tempted to just give up with Fitbit and go with Garmin or Google. Very frustrating.

Verified purchase

Reviewed Nov. 12, 2023

Over the last 8 years, I have had 3 Fitbit Charge 3s and 1 Fitbit Charge 5. One of the Fitbit Charge 3s stopped working (screen) within 1 year. Fitbit sent a replacement. The replacement stopped working (screen) within 1 year, they would not replace it. I bought another. The second Fitbit Charge 3 I purchased stopped working (screen) 1 month after the 1-year warranty. They offered me a 35% discount to buy a new one. I opted not to as they seemed designed to fail and con you into buying another. I took a break for several year. Then, I thought maybe they have gotten better, so I purchased a Fitbit Charge 5 in July 2023, and today, the screen stopped working. They are sending me a replacement but this company seems to have faulty products that are designed to fail.

Fitbit Company Information