4.3/5 (15 ratings)

About Engage

Engage offers its Enlite hearing aid for people with mild to moderate hearing loss. This model is an advanced hearing solution that offers help with in-person conversations and wireless streaming from your mobile device. The company uses patented Powered by Lucid technology, and the Enlite doesn’t require users to get an audiogram.

Pros

• Two-year warranty
  • Financing available
  • No audiogram required
  • Stream audio from your phone

Cons

• Not for all levels of hearing loss
  • Only one hearing aid model

Bottom Line

Engage’s Enlite hearing aid helps people with mild to moderate hearing loss while enabling them to stream audio from their iPhone or Android devices. If your hearing loss isn’t too severe, it’s worth considering.

Engage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Engage?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Engage?

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

If I was to recommend hearing aids, Engage, I would. It's a product that’s well worth the money because you have control. The price wasn't bad too. It wasn't near what I thought it was gonna be, and Engage has a good payment plan. You can put a down payment on them and pay them, which is what I'm doing, because they're expensive all the way around. All of them are. I checked on the price of the Phonaks, and they’re up around $4,000.

I got my Phonaks from the VA and they were free. When they were working, they were fine. You could turn them up and down with the little button on them, but you had no control over them as far as when they start timing out after three months. They'd shut down on you and you had no control to boot them back up. You can download the Phonak app, the controller, but unless the VA gives you permission to use it, you don't have access to it. It's proprietary and they won’t give you access. I didn’t know that, but I found out quick. I went through two pairs of those things.

I work outside a lot in the weather and I sweat. Another issue I had with Phonak is if I sweat on them, it shuts them down. It's the same thing with Engage. I have a dehumidifier for them but I just take them off when I'm outside working. They may be water resistant, but they’re not waterproof. I wear glasses too, so sweat gets all over them. I’ve looked at some in-the-ear type hearing aids because of the sweating issue. The problem with that is I didn't see any that were controllable via an app. Once they were set, you had to live with whatever it was you had. With Engage, I've got the app. I control them, and I can turn them up and down and change the program how I want to, depending on where I'm at.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

I went to a hearing specialist, then I had my wife take care of the rest. I was busy taking care of other things, but I told her what I wanted. My hearing is bad and we got the hearing aids 'cause the thing is if I don’t, I can't hear very well. I just got my ears checked and I have one infection right now in one ear. Other than that, the clarity is good, and I enjoy it. I can hear from a long distance. It helps me out.

Engage response

Thank you Alfred for the positive review! Sorry to hear about the ear infection. Hope you get better soon! If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to reach out!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

I'm having all kinds of problems with my hearing aids. With the buttons on there, you don't know what's going on. You mash them for three times, and then you say, “Well, maybe I mashed them five times, or maybe I mashed them six times.” It's nice to be able to use my iPhone to adjust everything because I can see what I'm doing. Although the app is an excellent thing, I don't know what's happening now. The first time my hearing aids got set up, they were working good, but the next day, the program Engage had worked with me on was gone, and I was back to the old factory setting. I thought that once you set it, it was set till I reset it. I talked to someone from Engage yesterday, and the guy helped me somewhat by getting it adjusted on my iPhone, but this morning when I got up, they were back to the old setting.

I can’t hear the TV, and when I’m having a conversation with other people, they're plenty loud, but not clear. I called Engage back and they said, “You need to get them programmed on your iPhone.” I got my grandson to do that for me and after that, I've been trying to adjust them to where I can use them, but I'm not having very good luck. For example, when I get the volume up enough that I can hear the TV, the voices are not clear. Also, when I get that volume turned up that much, they get to squealing every once in a while. One of the people that I talked to was in the early stages, and when I told him that I was having trouble with understanding, he said, “Well, you need to put it on music.” I can't though. If there's a music program, I haven't been able to find it. There are supposed to be four different programs, and the only ones I've been able to get were the mild and the moderate.

Overall, my hearing aids are okay, but I haven't been able to adjust them properly. I've tried to use different programs, but I'm 87 years old, and I'm having trouble with this iPhone and the program. I should return my hearing aids, but I don't know if I'm at a point to where I can. Also, I don't wanna return them because I'll just have to go get me some more somewhere else. I hope they will work.

Engage response

Good Morning Mr. Richard, I see you have left a 2 star review. Is there something I can assist you with to make this a better experience for you? Please feel free to reach out here, call me at 866-202-2527 or email support@engagehears.com

Thank you!

Original review: July 8, 2021

Engage was the first one we tried out and came back to. The videos on YouTube were informative and very clear. We did struggle with ordering online though. We tried multiple times but it didn't seem to be terribly intuitive to us to go through it. We wound up having to call someone and do it on the phone. The gentleman was very helpful and patient. We got the hearing aids and we're very happy with what we've accomplished for my mom's hearing. The left one seemed to make an absolute difference. She's pretty religious about taking care of it and making sure they're charging. But we found that the one for her right ear did no good so we contacted the company. It was a small part of the wiring that had to be changed to turn a right ear into a left ear. They sent us that at no charge in a box that they paid for. They also paid for the return shipping. The instructions were utterly clear and concise so that I could switch it over.

Great feedback, Tony!

We genuinely appreciate your kind words and we’re glad to hear that your mother is enjoying her new Engage™️ Enlite. We are working to improve the online ordering experience for all of our customers, so we appreciate your feedback. Please reach out to us for any additional questions or assistance.

The Engage™️ Customer Experience Team

Original review: June 23, 2021

Engage's people were really helpful. I liked the idea that I can change the volume of my hearing aids on my cell phone. They walked me step-by-step through everything that I needed to do because I'm not good with cell phones. They made sure I got the right app and got everything installed correctly. I was having trouble pairing the phone with the hearing aids, and they took me through that one as well. So far, I've had a good experience with them. My hearing aid has worked fine for the times that I use it. If I went with the high-end hearing aids of $7,000 they would have drowned out background noise a little more. But for the price, the Engage hearing aids do that enough where I can focus on the person speaking.

Hi Paul!

We’re delighted to read your feedback about Engage™️! Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience. We aim to provide the perfect product and customer service for each customer! Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

- The Engage™️ Customer Experience Team

Original review: May 28, 2021

I saw that Engage was USB-chargeable, which I liked better than trying to replace batteries. So far, it's good. The hearing aids are doing what I need them to do. I've been also able to navigate the hearing aids and their apps satisfactorily.

Hi Michael,

We are pleased you are enjoying your Engage™️ Enlite hearing aids and the charging case feature. If you need any support in adjusting the pre-programmed presets, navigating the Lucid® Hearing app, or any other issues, please reach out to us at the customer support number below.

(833)232-2731

I have also provided a link access our Engage™️ tutorial videos; here you will find how-to's for putting on your hearing aids, connecting and using the Lucid® Hearing app, adjusting programs, etc. We hope you find these videos useful.

We are overjoyed you are hearing clearly, please reach out if you have any issues.

Thank you for your review, Michael!

- The Engage Support Team

Original review: May 26, 2021

I was looking at the features of the hearing aid and considering value for the dollar. I called an Engage rep and he worked well with me. He answered my questions. I can control the hearing aids from my phone but I found out I have to upgrade my phone to the next Android upgrade for it to work right. That feature doesn't work right now for me. I also had an issue with one of the hearing aids not charging and it would die after about six hours or less. The rep sent me two new ones and I sent mine back. That was easy enough. So far, so good.

Original review: April 10, 2021

Easy to use, easy to set up with your iPhone for volume and setting changes. As soon as I put them in my ears I could hear sounds I have not heard in years. There is no background noises, very clear sound. You can change from mild to moderate to extreme etc. Highly recommend this product. Less expensive than what I would have paid at an audiologist office with the same or better results.

Original review: March 10, 2021

I've looked at a lot of stuff for the past couple months and recently, I saw Engage. When I was doing searches, maybe it wasn't coming up as quickly as other companies. It'd be great if they could have more advertising. I haven't seen any other ads anywhere. If more people knew about it, they would really like it. My experience was great. It was pretty quick to get the product - maybe three days. I'm really happy with them. I've tried two other different types of hearing aid systems and I like this one definitely the best. I didn't like the feeling before that my ears felt so plugged up. It does not feel like that with these and I feel like the sound is a more natural kind of sound.

Original review: March 3, 2021

The lady that sold Engage to me called me back and wanted to know if I was satisfied. I told her I was satisfied for the most part. But I can't turn them up and down in my ears and they won't stay. Once my telephone is unhooked from them, they go real high. She was supposed to send me a webpage that tells me the difference, but she didn't do it. I don't know how much time I have left, but I might have enough time to send them back because I'm not too happy with the company on that. She didn't do a good job.

Hello David,

Thank you for letting us know about your issue. We apologize for the inconvenience. It looks as though the representative you're speaking of reached out to you through email with all the details you needed to fix your issue.

We have reached out to alleviate this issue for you. Again we are sorry for the miscommunication, and we hope to take care of this.

Engage Company Information