2. Elder Care
  3. Hearing Aids

4.3/5 (15 ratings)

About Engage

Engage offers its Enlite hearing aid for people with mild to moderate hearing loss. This model is an advanced hearing solution that offers help with in-person conversations and wireless streaming from your mobile device. The company uses patented Powered by Lucid technology, and the Enlite doesn’t require users to get an audiogram.

Pros

• Two-year warranty
  • Financing available
  • No audiogram required
  • Stream audio from your phone

Cons

• Not for all levels of hearing loss
  • Only one hearing aid model

Bottom Line

Engage’s Enlite hearing aid helps people with mild to moderate hearing loss while enabling them to stream audio from their iPhone or Android devices. If your hearing loss isn’t too severe, it’s worth considering.

About Engage

Engage offers only one model, the Enlite, which combines Powered by Lucid hearing aid technology with streaming capabilities. This means that Engage Enlite users can wirelessly route music, phone calls or podcasts from their phones to their hearing aids.

The Engage Enlite is designed for people with mild to moderate hearing loss, but users can choose from four preset preferences and adjust volume from the Engage smartphone app. These hearing aid presets mean that users don’t need to schedule an appointment for an audiogram before buying. Engage also offers online hearing evaluations that take less than five minutes to complete.

Engage features

• USB-compatible charger
  • Lifetime support
  • Two-year warranty
  • 60-day, money-back guarantee

How much does Engage cost?

The Engage Enlite costs $999.99 at the time of publishing. Financing is available through Affirm, starting at $91.00 per month.

The device is available in three colors (black, gray and beige) and compatible with two operating systems (iOS and Android). Each Enlite device also come with a number of accessories, including:

• A rechargeable case
  • A USB charging cable
  • Wax stops
  • A cleaning tool
  • Solid and vented ear tips

Engage FAQ

Does Engage offer a warranty?
Yes, Engage offers a two-year warranty on the Enlite. This warranty covers the unit, charger and associated modules. If your device needs to be replaced, it remains under warranty for the remainder of the two years.
Does Engage offer a returns policy?
Yes, Engage offers a 60-day return period for the product.
Will Engage work with my phone?
The Engage Enlite works with both iPhone and Android devices. The Engage website contains downloadable user manuals for both operating systems. These manuals include instructions for pairing the device, controlling volume from the app and cleaning.
Does Engage offer discounts?
Yes, Engage offers a 10% discount to both active military members and veterans. Submit a form on Engage’s website to receive the discount.

Are Engage hearing aids worth it?

The Engage Enlite works for people who have mild to moderate hearing loss, so those with more severe hearing loss won’t find the device worthwhile. However, if you’re a match and looking for a hearing aid that can stream wirelessly from your phone, the Enlite is worth considering. Pricing for the Engage Enlite is straightforward, so feel free to comparison shop and make sure that it’s the right device for you.

Engage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Engage?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Engage?

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

I had someone from Engage call me last week. I'm still monitoring the battery recharge capacity of one of the hearing aids. When I first received them, the right hearing aid had only about eight hours of operating time after I had charged it. That increased over the next couple of days to 10 hours. But as some recharging units of other tools I have seemed to increase with use, I'm kind of monitoring it. It's upwards of about 14 hours now. If it continues to increase toward the advertised duration, then it'll be perfectly acceptable.

The little drying and sanitizing unit might be defective and it does need to be replaced. Also, I think that the app that I have downloaded to my iPhone needs some improvements. There are some inconsistencies in the way that the app behaves. Outside of that, the ability to modulate tone and sound quality is a vast improvement, in my experience, compared to competitors. Overall, the quality of the hearing aids is superior to my experience with other name-brand hearing aids. I'm quite pleased with Engage.

Engage response

Hey Stanley! I am glad to see that it is starting to work for you! Yes, please keep an eye on it and if anything stops working please reach out to us at support@engagehears.com

Get buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

Engage's price point was good. I did complete the purchase online. I had already had an outside hearing test and I knew what I wanted to get. I've looked at many different brands and Engage seemed to have the right information I needed provided on the website. So, that helped a lot. The hearing aids work very well and the biggest things were, one, I didn't have to buy batteries, and two, the charger came with it. The batteries recharge very nicely. They seem to adapt, too. I do sound production for bands and different things like that, and they almost seem to adjust to the environment I’m in, especially dealing with different musicians. I've heard other hearing aids don't work like that. There are three definite settings for the volume and I use the minimum and they seem to work very well with not getting in the way of me listening to sounds.

When I wear my hearing aids, I do have a better experience in hearing my wife, my daughter and things around me. So, that's worth it. For years, they've been saying, “Go get a hearing aid” because I would say, “What?” Now, they seem to notice I respond to them better. The hearing aids seem to fit very nicely. They're not bulky to where they get in the way of eyeglasses. I haven't had any problems that I had to call and ask somebody a question about.

Engage response

Thank you for the positive review! We are so happy to hear these are working out for you! Please feel free to reach out if you need anything from us!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

If I was to recommend hearing aids, Engage, I would. It's a product that’s well worth the money because you have control. The price wasn't bad too. It wasn't near what I thought it was gonna be, and Engage has a good payment plan. You can put a down payment on them and pay them, which is what I'm doing, because they're expensive all the way around. All of them are. I checked on the price of the Phonaks, and they’re up around $4,000.

I got my Phonaks from the VA and they were free. When they were working, they were fine. You could turn them up and down with the little button on them, but you had no control over them as far as when they start timing out after three months. They'd shut down on you and you had no control to boot them back up. You can download the Phonak app, the controller, but unless the VA gives you permission to use it, you don't have access to it. It's proprietary and they won’t give you access. I didn’t know that, but I found out quick. I went through two pairs of those things.

I work outside a lot in the weather and I sweat. Another issue I had with Phonak is if I sweat on them, it shuts them down. It's the same thing with Engage. I have a dehumidifier for them but I just take them off when I'm outside working. They may be water resistant, but they’re not waterproof. I wear glasses too, so sweat gets all over them. I’ve looked at some in-the-ear type hearing aids because of the sweating issue. The problem with that is I didn't see any that were controllable via an app. Once they were set, you had to live with whatever it was you had. With Engage, I've got the app. I control them, and I can turn them up and down and change the program how I want to, depending on where I'm at.

Original review: July 8, 2021

Engage was the first one we tried out and came back to. The videos on YouTube were informative and very clear. We did struggle with ordering online though. We tried multiple times but it didn't seem to be terribly intuitive to us to go through it. We wound up having to call someone and do it on the phone. The gentleman was very helpful and patient. We got the hearing aids and we're very happy with what we've accomplished for my mom's hearing. The left one seemed to make an absolute difference. She's pretty religious about taking care of it and making sure they're charging. But we found that the one for her right ear did no good so we contacted the company. It was a small part of the wiring that had to be changed to turn a right ear into a left ear. They sent us that at no charge in a box that they paid for. They also paid for the return shipping. The instructions were utterly clear and concise so that I could switch it over.

Great feedback, Tony!

We genuinely appreciate your kind words and we’re glad to hear that your mother is enjoying her new Engage™️ Enlite. We are working to improve the online ordering experience for all of our customers, so we appreciate your feedback. Please reach out to us for any additional questions or assistance.

The Engage™️ Customer Experience Team

Original review: June 23, 2021

Engage's people were really helpful. I liked the idea that I can change the volume of my hearing aids on my cell phone. They walked me step-by-step through everything that I needed to do because I'm not good with cell phones. They made sure I got the right app and got everything installed correctly. I was having trouble pairing the phone with the hearing aids, and they took me through that one as well. So far, I've had a good experience with them. My hearing aid has worked fine for the times that I use it. If I went with the high-end hearing aids of $7,000 they would have drowned out background noise a little more. But for the price, the Engage hearing aids do that enough where I can focus on the person speaking.

Hi Paul!

We’re delighted to read your feedback about Engage™️! Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience. We aim to provide the perfect product and customer service for each customer! Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

- The Engage™️ Customer Experience Team

Original review: Oct. 30, 2021

Engage made a tremendous change in my life. “What” was the favorite word in the house BEFORE I went to the doctor to have my ears checked. I couldn't hear anyone and nobody could hear me. The TV was too loud. The doctor suggested that perhaps it wasn't time for a full-blown, fitted, expensive hearing aid, that perhaps something else would do for now. I was happy to find these hearing aids because they are rechargeable and have Bluetooth. They're easy to wear and very easy to use. I'm so happy I can control it through the app on my phone and my phone calls come through it. It's amazing and the customer service team at Engage is pleasant and very easy to deal with.

Engage response

Stephan, we’re delighted to read your feedback about our Engage hearing aids! Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience. We aim to provide the perfect hearing solution for each customer!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

Engage was half the price of Lively. So, I tried Engage. I did the whole thing online, but they called as a follow-up, and they were very nice. Every once in a while, my hearing aids won't stay connected to my phone. I have to reconnect it. But that's fine. The sound quality is decent.

Engage response

Thank you James for the positive review! Sorry to hear you are having some connection problems. If you ever feel like it gets to be too big of an issue please do not hesitate to reach out! Thank you!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

The sales reps were good. They were very professional and had a good knowledge. They helped me out a lot, and my hearing aids fit good. I like that they have different size tubes. The Bluetooth is cool too. It could be a bit better, but it works. It's still good.

Engage response

Thank you Victoria for the positive review! Happy to help another great customer hear better!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

I went to a hearing specialist, then I had my wife take care of the rest. I was busy taking care of other things, but I told her what I wanted. My hearing is bad and we got the hearing aids 'cause the thing is if I don’t, I can't hear very well. I just got my ears checked and I have one infection right now in one ear. Other than that, the clarity is good, and I enjoy it. I can hear from a long distance. It helps me out.

Engage response

Thank you Alfred for the positive review! Sorry to hear about the ear infection. Hope you get better soon! If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to reach out!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

I'm having all kinds of problems with my hearing aids. With the buttons on there, you don't know what's going on. You mash them for three times, and then you say, “Well, maybe I mashed them five times, or maybe I mashed them six times.” It's nice to be able to use my iPhone to adjust everything because I can see what I'm doing. Although the app is an excellent thing, I don't know what's happening now. The first time my hearing aids got set up, they were working good, but the next day, the program Engage had worked with me on was gone, and I was back to the old factory setting. I thought that once you set it, it was set till I reset it. I talked to someone from Engage yesterday, and the guy helped me somewhat by getting it adjusted on my iPhone, but this morning when I got up, they were back to the old setting.

I can’t hear the TV, and when I’m having a conversation with other people, they're plenty loud, but not clear. I called Engage back and they said, “You need to get them programmed on your iPhone.” I got my grandson to do that for me and after that, I've been trying to adjust them to where I can use them, but I'm not having very good luck. For example, when I get the volume up enough that I can hear the TV, the voices are not clear. Also, when I get that volume turned up that much, they get to squealing every once in a while. One of the people that I talked to was in the early stages, and when I told him that I was having trouble with understanding, he said, “Well, you need to put it on music.” I can't though. If there's a music program, I haven't been able to find it. There are supposed to be four different programs, and the only ones I've been able to get were the mild and the moderate.

Overall, my hearing aids are okay, but I haven't been able to adjust them properly. I've tried to use different programs, but I'm 87 years old, and I'm having trouble with this iPhone and the program. I should return my hearing aids, but I don't know if I'm at a point to where I can. Also, I don't wanna return them because I'll just have to go get me some more somewhere else. I hope they will work.

Engage response

Good Morning Mr. Richard, I see you have left a 2 star review. Is there something I can assist you with to make this a better experience for you? Please feel free to reach out here, call me at 866-202-2527 or email support@engagehears.com

Thank you!