Need a medical alert system?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.79/5

KD Smart Chair

Are mobility issues getting in the way of your day-to-day life? Get your independence back with KD Smart Chairs! Featured on The Doctors Show, KD Smart Chairs can support up to 330 lbs of weight and as the original foldable and lightweight electric wheelchair, it is one of the most top rated wheelchairs in the industry. Offering a newer Heavy Duty model and their original Standard model, KD Smart Chairs help consumers regain mobility. KD Smart Chair offers free shipping in the US and has a 60-day money back guarantee. Visit their website today to compare models and find the right one for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

KD Smart Chair Reviews

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

My father has had this chair for several years and the product itself is pretty good but hope you don't need to contact customer service or get technical support. They are unresponsive and must be a shoe-string operation with almost no one minding the store. Wouldn't buy another one.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

We waited a long time to get the chair (company was very kind to lower the price as a result). However, the first day he used the chair, my husband turned it over backwards and was afraid to use it for a year. When he did use it again on a vacation, he loved it. He also has a scooter so in our neighborhood he mostly uses that. We are a bit disappointed at the weight. I am 80 and was in bed last year for three months with sciatica so it is not possible for me to put it in the car.

Get expert buying tips about Electric Wheelchairs delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

Love this chair. I have used this on cruises and it made a HUGE difference. Several people commented on how small it was and I recommended it to EVERYONE. It may be small but it has power and flexibility. Best way to get around for anyone with mobility problems. I am 69 years old with MS that slows me down, but thanks to this chair, it doesn't STOP me from having FUN. Very satisfied customer.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

I accidentally found out about your wonderful KD Smartchair from a friend "on the beach" in Mexico because my husband wasn't there with me. I bought one for him in Dec. 2016. The chair goes everywhere with us! We have so much more freedom to do what we need to do and also what we WANT to do because of the portability of this wonderful transportation device for my husband! I just attended a conference and stopped 3 people to tell them about your unit - hoping they would take advantage of the opportunity to become more active having their own portable wheelchair! We have taken it on three different airlines, a cruise ship and many times in the car. The handles could be improved and we added a velcro strap at the footrest to keep it together. When we ship it on a airplane we wrap it with luggage straps both directions so they can't wreck it, as it opens easily.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

Hi my name is Miki from Israel. I’m very happy with this KD smart chair even that my weight is 175 kg. I’m using this chair almost for two years and I travel with this chair and I send you picture from: Las Vegas, Hovarddan, Spain, France and Israel. The only thing I had a struggle with is the strength and durability of the front wheels while on non-smooth surface so I had to reinforce them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KD Smart Chair?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

This is a wonderful company, easy to talk with, ordering was personal touch, and honest. I have used my chair on several occasions. I have trouble walking long distances. I took it to a wedding, outdoors, and did not have any issues. It is easy to assemble and easy to put in the back of my midsize SUV. I would replace my chair with another from this company, when and if the need were to arise.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

This chair is super well constructed and lovely to have. It has opened up my life and allowed me access and freedom that I didn’t have. Definitely recommend it. One caution is that it is heavy and I can’t lift on my own so do need someone to get in and out of vehicle. I have flown 3 times across country and it is worth its weight in gold. Airlines are awesome with it... right at the loading door.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I bought KD Smart Chair for my mom who lives in Chicago and she loves it. It is very easy for her to move around in the street and malls. It is not light for her to lift the chair but is light enough for others to lift the chair for her.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

The chair is very good. What I like is its light weight. Some areas for improvement are the arm rest the material is very weak and susceptible of damage from the slightest bump. Another area is the joy stikcable is impractical to remove and replace every time you fold the chair. Having an on/off key or being able to remove only the joystick could prevent from stealing or playing on it.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

We ordered ours at a time that the company was having some internal problems (we weren’t aware until after). It took not only 3 months to finally receive the product we ordered, but NUMEROUS phone calls and emails. I was promised at least 5 times that “it will be sent out tomorrow, you have my word” only to find out that it wasn’t. To top it off, rather than communicating with me that it hasn’t been shipped out, or any updates, I had to call every single time. It really wouldn’t have been as horrible if I wasn’t constantly kept in the dark and never told when it didn’t ship out. This was 100% the worst customer experience I’ve ever had.

KD Smart Chair expert review by David Chandler, Ph.D.

This FDA-cleared smart electric wheelchair is lightweight and easy to fold, making it easy to take with you anywhere. Choose from a standard model, which holds up to 285 pounds, or the heavy-duty model, which holds up to 330 pounds.

• No assembly required: The KD Smart Chair arrives fully assembled with all accessories, including a set of batteries, a charger and a joystick. Once you get it, you’ll need to charge for 2-4 hours before using your new chair.

• Lightweight: The KD Smart Chair only weighs 50 pounds, yet it’s incredibly durable. This makes it easy to maneuver as well as pack up to take anywhere, including on airplanes.

• Travel up to 5 mph: The KD Smart Chair has different speeds, up to five miles per hour.

• Frequent sales: The full price for a KD Smart Chair is $1,895, but check their website for sales. You can sometimes get the chair for over $1,000 less than the list price.

• Easy storage: You can easily fold your KD Smart Chair in just a few seconds and store it in a closet or pack it into your car.

Profile picture of David Chandler, Ph.D.
David Chandler, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

David Chandler, Ph.D., writes for the ConsumerAffairs Research team to help consumers make smart purchasing decisions. David is passionate about creating content that is useful and informative, and he devotes several hours to researching companies, industries and articles for each piece of content he writes to help consumers find what they need.

KD Smart Chair Company Information