Echelon

Echelon Reviews

About Echelon

Echelon manufactures exercise equipment that tracks your fitness progress and displays workout classes for all fitness levels. Its products include exercise bikes, smart mirrors, rowing machines and treadmills, all of which have a screen to display fitness instruction and tracking. The Echelon United membership requires a monthly or annual fee, but it provides access to thousands of fitness classes.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Multiple price points
  • High-tech designs
  • Easy to assemble
Cons
  • Membership costs
  • Financing requires membership

What is Echelon?

Echelon is an exercise equipment manufacturer. Its products offer immersive, studio-quality workouts. Echelon sells state-of-the-art smart bikes, rowers, treadmills and smart mirrors that can provide access to its thousands of live and on-demand classes. However, you need an Echelon United membership to view these classes and utilize many of the equipment’s features.

How does Echelon work?

Echelon’s bikes, rowing machines, treadmills and smart mirrors each have a built-in screen on which you can watch fitness classes or monitor your progress. You can also turn these adjustable screens around to face away from the machine for a yoga class or full-body workout.

Echelon tracks your progress in a user profile and connects with wellness apps like Fitbit or Apple Health. This biometric feedback lets you conveniently set, track and accomplish your fitness goals.

When you buy exercise equipment from Echelon, the company ships your purchase to your home. For an additional monthly fee, you get an Echelon United membership, which gives you access to live and recorded classes, fitness tracking and community competitions.

You can also purchase an equipment-free membership, which offers yoga, strength training and high-intensity interval training (HIIT) workouts that don’t require your other Echelon products.

Echelon bike prices

Suggested retail prices for Echelon bikes range from $1,099.99 to $1,999.99 without any membership. However, these prices seem to be targeted towards existing members buying additional equipment.

Most new customers opt for a monthly membership, which lowers the bike’s cost by about $200 but adds $39.99 per month.

Echelon’s other products are priced in a similar fashion, where the option to add a membership discounts the equipment but costs extra monthly. Its Reflect smart mirrors and its rowers start at $1,039.98, but its treadmills start at $1,338.98.

You can also choose to buy a one- or two-year membership upfront, which saves you money versus paying monthly. Broken down over time, a two-year subscription comes out to just $29.99 per month. That’s about a 25% savings.

Echelon provides financing options with $0 down and monthly payments for up to 48 months for qualified customers. The company provides financing only to customers who purchase a membership, though.

Echelon FAQ

Does Echelon charge for shipping?

It depends:

• If you choose to pay for your subscription monthly, you’ll have to pay for shipping (typically $199).
  • If you choose the one- or two-year membership, shipping is included in the purchase price.
Does Echelon require installation?

No, most people can install Echelon bikes in as little as 15 minutes.

Do you have to pay for a monthly subscription with Echelon?

No, but it’s recommended. Having a monthly subscription is how you receive access to the company’s live and on-demand workouts, which is one of Echelon’s biggest selling points.

Does Echelon have an app?

Yes, the Echelon Fit App offers live and on-demand studio classes plus personal fitness tracking.

Are Echelon bikes good?

Echelon offers a variety of bikes with smart tracking features and solid equipment. With live and on-demand classes available, it’s relatively convenient for you to find a workout that fits your style. Plus, the company backs all its equipment with a one-year warranty and a 30-day return policy. Membership can be a little expensive, so the Echelon bike is a better option for those who work out a lot and want to save time and money by avoiding multiple gym memberships.

Echelon Reviews

Stars Rating

• 11%
  • 2%
  • 1%
  • 0%
  • 87%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Echelon?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Echelon?
    Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed July 6, 2024

Bike was great until a software update last November. Since then, can't finish a single class without it freezing. Sometimes won't turn on at all. (9 months later). Emailed and called customer service dozens of times. They send me a set of instructions to fix that doesn't work, or they ignore me. (Still waiting for the 15 callbacks from techs that have been promised me).

Verified purchase
    Customer ServiceOnline & AppStaffReliability

Reviewed June 22, 2024

Avoid buying from Echelon at all costs! 7 months and 3 different ellipticals, none that have ever worked. And they are still selling them! Buyer beware! We purchased an Elliptical in October 2023 along with the delivery & set up. That machine never worked. Dozens of calls and emails later as well as troubleshooting with their IT for a few hours, and they had the defective machine picked up, replaced and set-up with a 2nd machine. The 2nd machine didn't work either. Dozens of emails and numerous phone calls later and they have the 2nd defective machine removed, and replaced and set up with a 3rd machine. The 3rd machine does not work either. Dozens of emails, several phone calls and another marathon troubleshooting session with their IT, and still no working machine. I filed formal complaints with the FTC and the NV Attorney General, which I let Echelon know that I did yesterday.

Now, today, they are finally taking me seriously after several dozen hours of back and forth with them and the delivery/set-up company over the past 7 months. They finally stated the elliptical machines do not work and there is no fix. They said the only option at this time is a refund and returning the 3rd defective machine. Yet, they are still selling the elliptical 8S on their website as well as at least 11 other websites that I found. This is fraud at its finest people. They continue to

knowingly sell ellipticals that do not work!DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM!

Get buying tips about Exercise Equipment delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Customer ServicePricePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed June 19, 2024

Wow! For the past several months my bike would crash partially through a live workout. This is very frustrating because it is hard enough for me to get the motivation to ride and even more frustrating when I am doing something good for my body and everything shuts down. This simply becomes a huge waste of time and effort. I have been back and forth with Yavor in tech support over a dozen times over the past 7 months to no avail. I am told every single time to be patient and they are working on a solution. Last year I paid for a 3 year renewal that is worth nothing currently. Patience, patience, patience I am told time and time again.

My bike is currently a very heavy piece of garbage. I turned it on today (after forgetting about it for the last month since it don't operate correctly) and it won't even load to a screen. I emailed them again today and will probably receive the "please be patient" response. If you are going to purchase an Echelon product please realize that they will not stand by their equipment. I guess it would be a great gag gift to send to someone. Once they start to get in the groove of working out the bike will magically stop working. The first bike I had broke before a year (There was a cord hanging out of the flywheel). This one is failing in a completely different fashion. Please heed all these reviews if you are even contemplating a fitness bike. I know Peleton is more expensive, but maybe you get what you pay for.

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed April 24, 2024

We purchased a rower, treadmill and reflect mirror. The mirror has never worked. It will not connect to the WIFI at all. We have called and emailed several times. We did what they asked us to do and now, several weeks later, they don't even respond. On top of that, the updates on the rower and treadmill take forever and make using them difficult. So now, we have about $4500 in equipment that does not work, cannot be updated and I cannot get customer service to help. I have asked to speak with managers, no one responds.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Feb. 24, 2024

Ordered a bike and was delivered on a few weeks on January 5th. Came damaged with an adjustment screw cross threaded. Had several emails back and forth with customer service explaining the issue and then asking for serial numbers, etc. Said they would send a new screw. I tried to explain it was the threads in the frame that was damaged not just the screw. That asked if we could please try a new screw first - fine. No surprise the screw didn't work. Street I said I would need a new bike or the threads would need to be fixed. I was ghosted and they stopped responding to my emails. My wife called and finally got through to someone by calling sales, not customer service. He said we would have a new bike with a week. Now, almost three weeks later, no bike and he stopped responding to our emails. It has now been almost two months and nothing has been done to correct the problem. I have a broken, half assembled bike sitting in my house.

Profile pic of the author.
      Customer Service

Reviewed Feb. 16, 2024

Bicycle plastic frame separated and pulling apart; delivered this way from the company in a severely damaged box. Poor response from company, ‘team’ is looking ‘into it’ yet provide no resolution after weeks.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed Feb. 15, 2024

Lousy product, lousy customer service. Control panel would constantly re-set itself during workout. Replacement had the same issue. Customer Service Rep finally gave up and told me someone from the "Team" would contact me. Never heard back from them again, even after numerous attempts to contact them again.

Save yourself time and aggravation and stay away from this company.

Customer Service

Reviewed Feb. 8, 2024

I ordered a treadmill a month ago and I haven’t received it nor gotten an email to let me know when it will be shipped. I call customer service several time and no has been picking up the phone. Do not purchase from this company.

Staff

Reviewed Jan. 4, 2024

I own two bikes, a rower, treadmill and Reflect Touch. Excellent products. Fantastic instructors. Love the community. I have been able to improve my health in ways I can't describe. Has it been perfect. No. But the positives far outnumber any glitches along the way. There is nothing out there that will match what I get from Echelon. Close to celebrate my third anniversary with them.

Customer ServiceSales & Marketing

Reviewed Nov. 27, 2023

I bought 2 Echelon Bikes with a monthly fee of $9.50 per month to use the on demand app. Echelon decided to change the plan and now it is $52.95 and month. This is a total rip off. It's called Bait and Switch and that is illegal. They should not be in business. Please do yourself a favour and never buy anything from Echelon. Save your money and buy elsewhere. I called their customer support and all they offered me was 30% off the 52.95 for 6 months.

Echelon Company Information