4.3/5 (137 ratings)

About Eargo

Eargo is a health tech company that’s destigmatizing hearing loss through innovation. Eargo brings a refreshing brand to an archaic industry overrun by inflated prices, needless negotiations, and complex purchasing barriers. For the first time, there’s a brand that provides consumers with a modern buying experience, great technology, and a clear understanding of hearing health. Learn more today about the enhanced auditory experience Eargo has offered millions of people across America.

Pros

• Licensed, professional support
  • May be covered by federal benefits
  • Nearly invisible
  • Rechargeable hearing aids

Cons

• Not for profound hearing loss

Bottom Line

Eargo sells four hearing aid models with an open-fit, breathable design. While not appropriate for those with profound hearing impairment, Eargo provides quality devices for mild to moderate high-frequency hearing loss.

Eargo Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Eargo?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Eargo?

Original review: June 26, 2019

Although my brain was adjusting to my hearing loss and I wasn't that aware of it, it was annoying to everyone around me. Now that I’ve gotten the Eargo devices, an amazing amount of sound is back and it has been exciting to hear it. My first episode was when I was putting the hearing aids in, adjusting them, studying my manual, and going over everything. Then I walked outside and there was this huge oak tree in my front yard. For a second, at the top of the tree, the wind was rustling the leaves and I could hear it clearly. It was amazing because I hadn’t noticed it before I used Eargo. It was one of those, “Aha,” moments and it was really cool.

I have a variety of different music that I listen to. I have a five-CD player in my art studio and it has rhythm and blues, followed by Mozart, followed by some jazz and a Broadway musical in the same set. When I started playing it, it was like hearing a lot of the stuff for the first time because there were instruments and background sounds that I had become accustomed to or forgot that I was missing out on.

When adjusting the settings from one to two or two to three, it takes just a light tap on my ear to make the adjustment. But this past week, it hasn’t been that easy. Sometimes it has taken five or more taps to get it to adjust. I'm not sure whether that had something to do with cleaning it or the battery charge. I looked through the manual, but I couldn’t find anything that referred to adjusting it. Now, I’m working with Eargo to find out if the issue is something that developed with the device itself or if I’m doing something wrong. And I’m experimenting to try and figure out what the nature of the issue is. But this past weekend, I had to go run an errand and got in the car. I had the window down and had the wind blowing back. The rushing wind made the adjustment for me. The setting went from level one to level two and it was kinda strange because I didn’t touch it. I just heard it saying, “Level two.”

I’m still breaking them in and still getting used to having an alien object in my ear, so I have a tendency to wanna reach up and scratch. I was just in my studio and I have a clock on the wall in front of my drawing table. Now, I hear it ticking. I tilted my head one way to listen to it, then I tilted my head the other way to listen to it, and I couldn’t tell if one was louder than the other. That’s the little things that I keep experiencing the more I have the hearing aids.

I’m really enjoying the hearing aids. It’s an excellent product. I have very large hands, so handling them takes a little getting used to though. I haven’t changed the monthly cleaning thing where I have to use the little device. However, I’m getting to the point where I take the hearing aids out at night and I put it in the charger and I let it go. Then in the morning when I get them out, I take my brush and clean them. If there’s any earwax on it, it’s recommended to wait until that dries a bit so that it could be brushed off easier. I’ve always maintained maintenance with my ears. I keep them clean using cotton swabs so there’s not a lot of wax build up. I assume that people who don’t do that are getting a lot of wax.

When I was traveling in another country, I took the entire box with me because I wanted to make sure I had my techs to be able to troubleshoot any problems. I travel a lot back-and-forth and I can just throw it in my art bag and it works fine with the box it came in. But I’m looking for something light to travel with that can keep it protected.

Overall, Eargo has been giving me excellent service. My wife has also commended the follow-up. Their attention to customer service has been very impressive. Good quality service is very hard to find these days. And I really appreciate the way that they operate and the quality of their product. I would recommend Eargo. I’m pleased with the product and it has been very good for me.

Eargo response

You know that to live for every moment, you’ve got to hear every moment. Happy hearing, Ed!

Original review: June 25, 2019

My audiologist said that I had partial hearing loss. I could hear, but if I wasn’t paying close attention, I might not get the message correctly. I had Nanos before and it kept falling out of my ear. My interaction with Eargo's rep was absolutely excellent. I liked her. She was very good. Plus, I enjoyed my conversations with everyone I’ve spoken to there.

The Eargo hearing aids are horrendously expensive. And the audiologist tried to talk me into the $6,000 ones and that would have been outrageous. Compared to the Nanos though, Eargo's product is better at the noise filtering aspect. I got the top-of-the-line from Eargo. I don’t like its price but it stays in. I took advantage of their trial where I could test it for fit and it worked perfectly well for me. It seems to solve the problem although it may take some adjusting.

I like the idea that I can change the setting with a tap to the ear, but when I’m driving in the car, the adjustment happens automatically with the air coming in through the window and it gets a little irritating. I understand why that happens, given the air pressure, but sometimes I like to drive with the windows open. I'm very satisfied with Eargo.

Eargo response

We're happy you're hearing every moment with Eargo Neo, Robert! Please call your hearing professional with questions about how our modern hearing aids can help you hear life to the fullest. They're all ears to help yours.

Original review: June 24, 2019

I struggled to hear and even driving my truck or in my house, there were faint noises that I didn’t hear. I also listen to the radio, my computer and my phone a lot lower. So far, my Eargo hearing aids are doing well but we're struggling with my right ear. My canal is a little bit different and I was fighting that. I figured out in the last couple of days a different way to put it in. It doesn't set in as nice as my left ear does, but it seems to be working good now.

My wife did the research when we chose Eargo. If I had to pay thousands of dollars, right now, in our budget, I couldn't do it but with tax and everything, it was 2,700. Also, I like the idea that I'm not messing around with batteries. I got an in-ear style. My wife chose it but she just talked to the people from Eargo and they made some suggestions based on what I’m dealing with. The sales and customer service team was super. Everybody we’ve talked to, the follow-up and everything was great. The performance and functionality of my hearing aid is excellent. My son got married on Friday and there was a wedding dance. There were all kinds of people and I hear some of my friends that have hearing aids complain that they have to take them off. It drives them buggy. I didn't have any of that. It has been really good.

Eargo response

Thank you for sharing your Eargo experience, Paul. every moment. Congratulations on your son's marriage! We're happy you were able to hear We'd suggest getting back in touch with your hearing professional for any questions that come up around placing Eargo in your ear and charging tips. They're all ears to help yours.

Original review: June 19, 2019

My experience with Eargo so far has been nothing but fantastic. I have selective hearing. I had my hearing tested and I have a very slight loss when it comes to female voices and certain letter combinations. I saw some information about Eargo and I did due diligence. Their product sounded like a wonderful thing and so I bought it.

Their customer service has been outstanding. I had a problem with the right earbud and they told me to send them the whole thing and they would give me a new one. They also extended my time to return the earbuds. A customer gets 45 days, and they extended it to a couple of weeks. Not that I have any intent of returning the items, but it’s awfully nice that they’re accommodating. I don’t really wear the earbuds that much, and I save them for when I’m in a group of people. But based on what I’m hearing, I put them on and it’s fine. It’s an honest product that’s priced fairly. Eargo does a good job. They do what you would expect any reputable, good company to do which, to me, is very hard to find. You get really good customer service and a product that works and it’s honest. They’re fabulous.

Eargo response

This comment is fabulous, Daniel. We're happy you're hearing every moment with Eargo Neo.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I like that you can't see the Eargo hearing aids. A lot of my friends at my age say, "You got hearing aids?" If you don't pull it out and show them one, they'll never know, which is a definite plus for Eargo. I also like that it's rechargeable and easy to use. The price is important, too. I have the Eargo Max which is the middle type. The bottom one had too much noise. The newest one is the Neo and though I'm a tech guy, I don't want another app and I don't feel the need to adjust it that much. The Neo seems to be too much.

The first person that I spoke to was Corina. She sent me the empty ones for sizing. The follow up by Eargo is tremendous. They had the follow-up call for the audiologist to answer any questions. I did end up sending the right one back though. We tried everything. She had me changing tips and changing the wax filter, but there was something with it.

It's my first hearing aid and so far, it works. You'll notice the difference. The first time that you put them in and you hear running water or you pick up a potato chip bag and crackle it, you'll go, "What was that?" It's that learning experience of retraining your brain a little bit. But I'm loving my Eargo hearing aid. I can hear better with it and I'm having a good time with it. It's great for TV. You don't have to put your TV volume on nuclear anymore. It's also great when you're in a restaurant trying to see what the person across the table is saying without reading their lips. I went on a Disney cruise a couple of weeks ago, and a couple from Wisconsin learned about my hearing aids. Next thing I know, they contacted me. I turned them on to Corina and they bought them.

Eargo has done a great job of having two-minute videos to make sure you're taking care of them. I got an email a couple of days ago saying they wanna make sure I'm cleaning the wax out of my ears but they're doing it in a way that people don't feel offended. Eargo is doing a real good job of not only the marketing but also trying to get through the people that probably have said no to hearing aids.

I've already recommended 3 people to Eargo. I told my neighbor across the street to get the free one so she could see if it would fit, and it didn't. She has such small ear canals. It's a learning curve to know who can get it and who can't. There are a lot of people out there that really would like to have it. The fact that the law changed where you don't have to go through an audiologist to get beat up and hit over the head with the price is a major point. But Eargo could have something that is not $5,000 to $6,000 and put it where people can afford it and make it easy to use.

Eargo response

We work hard to keep your hearing loss under wraps! chEARs, John.

Original review: June 13, 2019

After a lot of research, I decided to purchase Eargo Plus aids in December 2017. They are packaged well and were comfortable to wear. They greatly improved my hearing. However, problems began quickly. Within three months, the right aid had a very low volume. Still under warranty, so cross shipped for a replacement unit. Few months later, left unit had the same problem. Again, replaced under warranty. Each aid failed two more times within the warranty period and were replaced. Charger failed and was replaced under warranty once.

Right aid failed just after warranty expired. $399 quoted to replace it. Didn't have money and elected to only use the left aid. 16 months after purchase (4 months after warranty expiration), the left aid failed. $399 quoted to replace. I was very meticulous about cleaning them and charging them and changing the wax guards, etc. Here are my concerns:

- Were the original aids I received even new units? Or, were they refurbished?
- Is Eargo's business model to make income from purchasers through repairs?
- While the initial purchase price is attractive, if they only last a year, they are quite expensive.

- My daughter wears over the ear hearing aids; her aids last her for 6 to 7 years!

I read a couple of reviews like mine above before I purchased them. Now, I wish I had heeded them. I thought I was smarter than these other Eargo purchasers. Buyer beware! They do not last.

Eargo response

Thank you for taking the time to comment, Howard. While we’re certainly sorry to learn about your Eargo experience, our team was glad we were able to replace your devices under warranty and to provide additional counseling about the scheduling maintenance our modern hearing aids require, as they are a technological device. We would suggest getting in touch with your Personal Hearing Professional so we can analyze your devices and provide an analysis report around any issues with your devices.

Original review: June 12, 2019

I had hearing aids before I contacted Eargo but I wasn't completely satisfied with those. Eargo's reps bent over backwards to help me and make sure that I was satisfied. I then got their Plus hearing aids because they set into the ear and didn't block, whereas with the other hearing aids, I could hear myself more than I could hear other people. Having Eargo now, I can hear better and I don't get the feedback that I did with my other ones. It's a good product. I also like the idea of being able to charge them rather than to put batteries on them all the time. Plus, it's about 1,500 cheaper than my other hearing aids.

Eargo response

We've nixed batteries in favor of a more modern way to power up: with a USB cord and charger, just like your smartphone. Thank you for sharing your excellent Eargo experience, Ronald.

Original review: June 11, 2019

I'm on my 3rd pair in 55 days. When they work I like them. The first pair the battery charger went bad. The second pair, one unit had a clicking noise that started when you first put them in and eventually stopped. I'm hoping the 3rd pair lasts longer.

Eargo response

Thank you for your comment, John. Our goal with any customer is to help them hear life to the fullest, and we’re sorry to hear about the disruptions you’ve experienced. While we certainly wish these instances did not occur, we’re proud to provide professional support alongside our warranty to ensure our customers are cared for as issues arise. Your Personal Hearing Professional let us know your devices are with us and being analyzed in our lab, and the information on both should be available for your review in the coming weeks. We would suggest getting in touch with our Client Care team to check in on the status of these reports, or to talk through any questions you may have with your Personal Hearing Professional.

Original review: June 11, 2019

My husband read about Eargo and it seemed like an easier approach than having to go through a doctor's office, which I had done before, and I didn't like the product. The Eargo was smaller and it has no batteries. Its quality is totally worth the cost, too. The only thing is that they kept slipping out a little bit, but they didn't ever fall out and they didn't stay logged in. The second pair I tried stayed in a little better. It has a shorter body to it. I would've kept them if they would've worked.

I have a weird sort of hearing loss, a cookie bite hearing loss, which is really different than most of the people that get Eargos. The audiologist from Eargo was kind enough to try lots of different settings on one pair, and she sent me another pair to try. And then, when I finally sent her my audiology report from a few years ago, she understood why it wasn't working. She was honest and service-minded enough to let me know these aren't really designed for that kind of hearing loss and to try Costco, which I did. I think extremely highly of Eargo because of their integrity. They refunded everything on the products that I tried. The service was outstanding from the beginning to end. I just unfortunately couldn't use it.

Eargo response

We're happy you're hearing life to the fullest with Eargo Max, Meg. We'd suggest giving your hearing professional a call at 1-800-375-8058 to learn about how to properly place Eargo or watch our helpful guides.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I love Eargo. Before contacting them, it has been eight years of frustration from my partial hearing loss. I have had three audiologist and hearing aids made by another company. I saw Eargo's ad on the tennis channel and they looked like they might work. I had a device similar that goes all the way into the ear canal once before, but I couldn't stand it because I could hear myself chew. This Eargo was designed with these little feathers on the sides, not solid, and I thought maybe that would get rid of the chewing noise, and I don't hear myself chew.

Eargo is a good product for a good price, and it's a lot better than what I had, which were more expensive. The hearing aids has a nice feature such that they can be lowered when you're in a crowded, noisy environment, and they can be bumped up to level four when you're at a lecture. I still sit in the front row wherever I go so that I have my best possible chance, but I'm doing better than I've ever done. The other nice thing about the hearing aids is that when you take them off at night, you put them in your little case then attach the case to the wire and it's plugged in. When you wake up in the morning, they're all charged up and you just pop them back in.

Eargo also send out regular emails and remind me to clean the hearing aids, which I don't need to be reminded of since I'm a veteran. But I really applaud their instructional videos. They're very thorough and quite careful. There's no one in our area who services Eargo, though. And I have asked them several times about a couple of things, like if I can charge these in the car with a 12-volt charger, and they weren't able to give me definite answers. But that's okay. I can hear a lot better than I used to and that's worth a lot. My husband doesn't ask me to quit asking him the same question all the time. When you can't hear, you're always going, "What? What? What?" and that drove him nuts. So, he's much happier now. I've already recommended Eargo to a friend and I recommend them to everyone I know who wears hearing aids.

Eargo response

We love this comment. Happy hearing, Lloyd!

Original review: June 9, 2019

A friend of mine told me about Eargo and I did some research online and decided to give them a try. I like the size of it and the reps all did a very good job when I dealt with them. I wasn’t sold on them until I got the chance to try them. With the other hearing devices, you can hear the amplified sound but you can’t tell which direction it’s coming from. With the way Eargo is made, I can determine the direction.

Eargo response

Seeing (or not) is believing when it comes to our modern hearing aids. Three chEARs to your friend for their recommendation!

Original review: June 8, 2019

I wasn't hearing well and I wasn't understanding what people were saying. I have a friend who has Eargo and seems to like it. I got the Neo from Eargo and I'm still getting used to it and how to get them in and out easily. It's good. I'm hearing the highest more than I did before. Eargo's reps were fine. Jennifer spoke to me and she was very helpful and very nice. And with its quality, I'd rate Eargo very high. I hear a lot better with them. I'm really comfortable about the way they go in your ear.

Eargo response

We're happy you're hearing every moment with Eargo Neo, Richard!

Original review: June 7, 2019

I first chose Nano because they were cheap, but they were not worth what the little bit that we paid for them. We ended up sending them back because they were so horrible. I saw Eargo and it just sounded so right, because it’s like my husband could get air around the little filament in there and it’s a whole different ball game. He didn’t hear a lot of sounds. We could not carry on a conversation. He basically lives in a silent world and was not himself. He’s a new person since he started using the Eargo.

The team at Eargo is wonderful. They have been very knowledgeable and very patient. They’ve asked all the right questions. We’re very happy with them. When they called after he got his hearing aids, they asked us, and then they asked if we had questions which we didn’t because they covered it so thoroughly. When he had the Nano, he hated wearing them. But he puts his Eargo in first thing every morning and takes them out last thing every night. He has to use the Bluetooth with his work so he just wears one hearing aid while he’s at work. We wish they were smartphone compatible but we love them. As soon as we get those paid off, I’m gonna get some.

Eargo response

We're happy your husband is hearing - and living - life to the fullest, Cindy.

Original review: June 6, 2019

I purchased the Eargo Max hearing aids one year ago. I am pleased with them, but very concerned that the right Eargo has now been replaced 3 times. That means it has lasted about 4 months each time. Now that my warranty has run out, I am afraid I will have to pay for a replacement in 4 months.

Eargo response

Hi Garry, thank you for your comment. We're happy you're hearing more of life with our hearing aids, and appreciate that you have been in touch with your Personal Hearing Professional to learn more about the issue you're experiencing. She emailed a report that speaks to your analyzed devices and is planning to follow up with a phone call (if she hasn't already given you a ring). She's available to talk through the results. Or, you can email our team with any questions.

Original review: June 5, 2019

I have moderate hearing loss. I was unhappy with the fit of the first hearing aid that I tried. I chose Eargo as my second and it made very little improvement for me. I chose the Eargo hearing aid model based on the conversations I had with Eargo and the recommendations. It seemed like it would fit for me. But one of the things that the hearing-aid industry has convinced people about is that hearing aids are gonna help with tinnitus and I believe it's a line of ** just to sell hearing aids because the explanation they give is nonsensical. Over the period of time that I've worn them a couple months, trying to figure out if it is gonna make a difference to me, it has done absolutely nothing. Funny enough, I talked to a buddy of mine who has had hearing aids for 20 years and his tinnitus has not changed one bit.

The major problem that I have is the tinnitus and my ear, nose, and throat doctor told me to look in the hearing aids. I looked at it simply. The addition of the hearing aid neither adds nor subtracts from my life. My wife and I don't think it increased my hearing enough to make a darn bit of difference. I put myself in a crowded room or in some certain environments like driving in my car, and the background noise is so loud. I couldn't even participate in the conversation in the car or in a crowded room. And so, with all the negatives associated with it, it was not even worth it.

Also, once you take the hearing aids out, inevitably, you're gonna lose one. They're so small. What I loved about them is they were nice and they fit good. But once you take them out, you put them in your pocket, then you're just asking to drop $500 on the street somewhere. Other than that, everybody at Eargo was fine. I was surprised when I said I was unhappy and then I wanted to send the hearing aids back. They were absolutely kind about sending them back immediately, so I just did.

Eargo response

Thank you for trying Eargo, Randy. We hear you when it comes to tinnitus. For those reading who have similar questions, please know our comfortable, nearly-invisible device was designed for adults experiencing mild to moderate, high-frequency hearing loss and we cannot offer assurance it will provide relief from tinnitus. Please reach out to your Personal Hearing Professional should any questions come up.

Original review: June 2, 2019

I could hear things but it's not real good. When I would go with my boys, we would be sitting beside each other and they would hear something and I wouldn't. The first hearing aid company I went to was a mom-and-pop type of operation. They got two hearing aids at $1,500 each. Then I went to Miracle-Ear for a better product. They were expensive. Then they went to a modern one. I got those and I lost one. I had to buy the other one, and I was a little upset 'cause I spent $6,000 for those two. I had to get a loan to do that. So I started checking out different products in the magazines, and I got the ones that were battery type. You just charge them in but they were kinda huge. All of them were the type that you fit over your ear and that's why I lost one and have all kinds of trouble with them.

There was an Eargo ad on the TV that my wife and I were looking at. I said, "Let me just call to see how are these going or how much." When I called Eargo, I got a guy who was very helpful. I'm not a computer person, but he worked with me on the phone, and we got that done. I was going broke on buying hearing aids but I was surprised with the cost. I thought maybe they're gonna be not as expensive as Miracle-Ear, which they're not, but still a price where I have to have finance help. I didn't have the cash to pay for them. But to get the deal done, I went for 12 payments with no interest.

The first thing I like is it's not hanging over my ear. I got them last month and I do notice a better hearing. I'm still trying to get used to them 'cause like today, I found that my left ear, I don't think I was putting them in right because it was sticking out. Now, my left ear is in real good, but I still can't push my right ear in. There are a couple of things I don't know. I still don't know if I'm doing something right. Sometimes, when I put the hearing aid into the case, red lights come on and I get scared. So I take it out and I wait for a few minutes then I put it back in. Then it will start looking for the program that I have it in. I just don't know what that means and what I'm doing wrong when the red lights come on.

The other thing is the other day, I was driving. With the other hearing aids over here, you can't drive with the window down. I heard my left ear change program. The only thing I can think of was it was the wind that changed the program. I'm still figuring them out but I love my Eargo hearing aids. I haven't received anything to make a payment and I'm getting a little nervous but it hasn't been quite a whole month yet.

Eargo response

Thank you for trying Eargo, Daniel. We'd suggest giving your hearing professional a call with any questions about how our modern hearing aids can help you hear life to the fullest. They're all ears to help yours at 1-800-375-8058.

Original review: June 1, 2019

I had a significant hearing loss in my right ear and a mild to moderate hearing loss in my left ear. I’ve tried a hearing aid company that I had tried different models with me, the behind-the-ear which I absolutely despised. I had seen advertisements online for Eargo and the award that they had won. So, I started up by getting the non-functional pair of the original. When the time became right for me to monetarily afford them, I bought them and I’m extremely happy. I’ve noticed the big difference in my hearing. I went with the Eargo Neo for a couple of reasons. I’m a retired military so they gave me a discount. That was very nice. And I thought it would probably be in my best interest to get whatever is the newest model if I’m gonna spend the money.

The Eargo Neo is excellent. They’re working perfectly fine. The only thing which I wouldn’t even call a complaint is they don’t seem to hold a charge. I thought that they would be more charged throughout the day and hold out longer than they currently do. I would put them back in the little cradle, let them charge while I’m sleeping at night so when I get up, they got the four little dots on the charging cradle so that they’re fully charged. But in spite of being Eastern Time and I put them back in the cradle, they are only halfway charged. I would suggest a little bit longer battery life but maybe it’s just me getting used to them.

The only drawback that I have is this talking on the phone in my office. If I get the phone too close to my left ear, my hearing aid whistles a little bit. There are some people where I worked who are leaving the company, and I was going around and was saying goodbye to these people and a couple of the women that I wanted to say goodbye to or need to give them hugs. When they put their arms around me to hug me, one of the hearing aids whistled really loud. They asked what that was and I told them that was my hearing aid whistling. I almost attributed it to the fact that there was air pressure changing because of the contact near my ear which is similar to me tapping on my ear to change the level.

But other than that, I do a program 1 in the left ear and a program 2 in the right ear, and I don’t experience that ringing in my ear like I used to. I don’t notice it as much because I’m hearing better. Also, customer service has been awesome. I got a phone call from my ear professional and we discussed the usage of them after I received them, the functionality, and all the little different things that I needed to know.

It’s a very good deal for what I pay compared to other models that I’ve seen. My younger brother just got hearing aids, too, and he’s got a different model. I tried to get him to go with Eargo, and he’s like, “Well, I’ve already got mine.” I’m like, “So, take them back. Try these and you’ll see that there’s a difference.” I used to listen to music in my car at a certain volume level, and now I don’t have to listen to it that loud anymore. In fact, I found the setting not exactly that I need to have them set on based on my hearing loss so that I can sort of hear the same thing in both ears.

Eargo response

Thank you for your service, Sheldon. We're happy you're hearing every moment with Eargo Neo!

Original review: May 30, 2019

I had ordered a sample from Eargo before. They had sent me the sample but it was just the ones that went into ear. There was no electric thing with them. I tried them but later on, I went and got the ones behind the ear. I didn't like them 'cause I want the ones in the ear and I had to use them in a battery. I had tried Eargo before and thought I'd go ahead and get them. The customer service team at Eargo has been wonderful. They were courteous, asked some more questions and kept checking up on me. Eargo works for us. I can hear my preacher and my son's school teacher better. To anybody that needs hearing aids, get Eargo 'cause what I found out is they're the best. It's worth spending your money on.

Eargo response

Thank you for trying Eargo, Linda. We're happy you're hearing life in full, technicolor sound!

Original review: May 29, 2019

Initially my Eargo hearing aids was good. But within the first week, one of the hearing aids broke. Also if there’s a crowd and background talking, I can’t hear well with the hearing aids. I have the volume of the TV high. But Eargo was very responsive to my needs. Glenn was very informative. He was the first person that I dealt with and I was happy with the way he dealt with me. Other than that, also Jim, who they transferred me to when I had the problem, was willing to give me, free of charge, an upgrade. But like my wife and I discussed, what’s the value of that? If the system broke in the first week, what reliability would I have? So that’s why we decided to send it back. $1,700 was a lot of money, but it turned out that it was worthwhile at that point. Eargo is not bad, just make sure that the product works because I’m not happy with the product itself.

Eargo response

Thank you for trying Eargo, Joseph. We’re happy to hear our team was responsive to your needs. It’s important to note each purchase of an Eargo device comes with a 45-day easy return policy so clients can return their devices, no questions asked. Purchasing Eargo also provides customers with a one-year warranty. Our Client Care team would be happy to discuss the issues you experienced with your device, and why we offered the option to upgrade. They can be reached via phone or email. We hope you find a hearing solution that meets your needs.

Original review: May 28, 2019

I bought the Eargo Plus almost a year ago. The ear fibers were too small and they only make two sizes. I called and asked for a larger size and was told, "Sorry. That's all we have". Then they came out with the new flat fibers. I called again and asked for a set of those, and again, "Sorry. They only come with the new Eargo". Come on. I buy a $2,000 set of hearing aids and they can't sent me 25 cents worth of flat fibers. I cannot wear them, they fall out of my ear and they are worthless, just like their service department.

Eargo response

Thank you for your comment, Anthony. Our team delivered you our new Flexi Palms to test a few days after your original comment. We hope they're helping you hear life to the fullest, and please get in touch at social@eargo.com if we can help from here.

Original review: May 28, 2019

The Eargo hearing aids is invisible. I got the best one they had and so far, so good. Once I talked to audiologist and she told me how to adjust those hearing inserts, it made a big difference. Renee was excellent. She didn't hurry and was on point. She sent me the stuff that I needed as far as online and gave me great ideas on how to make them fit. I've got a very small canal in the left ear and that was becoming very problematic with that left one. And she pretty much tried to help me solve that problem. The hearing aid is pricey, but the quality of the product is very high. It brings in conversations better. And I hear better what's around me.

Eargo response

You're in great hands with Renee as your Personal Hearing Professional, Fred! If any questions around fit come up from here, she's all ears to help yours hear life to the fullest.

Original review: May 27, 2019

I have a mild to moderate hearing loss and I experience difficulty in noisy environments or conversations. The Neo was the latest and greatest of a rapidly evolving technology, and I saw a Youtube video where someone was happy with it. The device is small and purchasing it is quite simple. The reps were great in every dimension. They were easy to get a hold of, helpful, responsive, and cheerful. They were also detailed like a lot of videos I watched online before I bought the device. I talked to an audiologist and she was extraordinarily knowledgeable.

I like my Neo a lot. They’re $2,500 and that makes me stop and think a bit, but being able to hear is really important. They solved my problem. I don’t have any difficulty like I did before and I don’t notice that my hearing is any different than anybody else’s. I notice other people that don’t seem to be able to hear as well. If my device lasts two or three years, I’d be very happy.

Eargo response

Thank you for sharing your excellent Eargo experience, Allan. Happy hearing!

Original review: May 25, 2019

I’ve had two other hearing aid companies and was not satisfied so I went online and took a chance on Eargo, never hearing about them. I just wanted to try them out because they had a 45-day return policy. I wanted to get the best one they had and used the Eargo Neo. It functions well. The only problem I have is my left hearing aids as I’m not able to get it in perfect. The right one goes in all the way perfect with no problem. I’ve talked to their people four times, we’ve tried different things, and no one was able to tell me how to get it in all the way. When I go to a city that sell them retail, I’m gonna go to one of those places to see if I can get it fitted right. Overall, my hearing is better with Eargo. Since having it, I don’t have to say HUH as often.

Eargo response

We're happy Eargo Neo is helping you hear every moment, Stephen. We're glad you gave your Personal Hearing Professional a call to discuss how Eargo should fit. Our guides can also help. We're all ears if there's anything we can do to assist.

Original review: May 22, 2019

I'm a male in my 50’s and my hearing was deteriorating especially in the higher frequencies. I came across Eargo and it was really a big improvement to hear those mid frequencies and higher frequencies again. The service that I got, especially from my audiologist, Jen, was exceptional. She was terrific. One of the main reasons that I got the hearing aid was the invisibility or near invisibility. I always thought that a hearing aid is something that you wear behind the ears and something that is visible, and that’s still some kind of the stigma. That was a big improvement for me. The other thing was even though they're in the ear, they do not have the problem of occlusion because they are so small. I was able to still hear the lower frequencies in the natural way as the sound would just travel easily along the Eargo devices and reach the hearing. They're extremely light, so you barely notice it.

Eventually, I ended up returning them because I had another kind of trauma with one of my ears. I had to go and upgrade to a more high-grade device and what that gave me as an additional benefit was the higher frequencies. So, if I can name one disadvantage on the Eargo hearing aid, it was that the very high frequencies or at least the frequencies above 3,000 to 4,000 hertz were a little bit lost. But otherwise, I would have been very happy with it. I would recommend Eargo.

Eargo response

We work hard to keep your hearing loss under wraps. Happy hearing!

Resolution response: May 20, 2019

I spoke with an Eargo rep and they are sending me a new charger. I am very happy with the company's response to my issue.

Original review: May 20, 2019

I have had my Eargos for about eight months. I’ve had two other hearing aid brands, and Eargo are the most comfortable. All in all despite some problems, i. e., changing the wax guards, I’ve liked them, until my charger stopped working. They started holding a charge for less time and then this morning the charger stays on red. It won’t charge and the hearing aids won’t charge. I’m pretty disappointed.

Eargo response

Thank you for your comment, Rex. It looks like you may have spoken with a member of our Client Care team, as we're seeing that our team is working on the case now. Please reach out if you'd like to check in on the status of your case or provide any updates. We're looking forward to helping you get back to hearing more of life.

Original review: May 19, 2019

The experience with Eargo is 100% positive. Prior to trying Eargo, I had had hearing aids which I didn’t like. I would never wear them. They were very uncomfortable and everything is muted. I had the ones that used to sit behind the ear with the wire that went in. I didn’t like the way they looked. I felt old. I couldn’t wear my glasses with them without the glasses falling off. Then I saw an ad for the Eargo hearing aids. They sent me the sample and I thought they were worth a shot 'cause I hadn’t seen anything else that was really hidden. You don’t even notice that you have them. So, that’s my reason for going with Eargo. The fact that their sales team was as wonderful as they were was also a big key in going with them. I didn't work with anybody that was nasty, not a soul. Everybody was perfect. They called back.

I went for the highest style as I usually go right to the top 9 times out of 10. After speaking with the sales reps, they said if I wasn’t satisfied with them, I’d just call if I wanted to go down. I could always go down and they would reduce the cost accordingly. I also had no problem with the cost at all. With Eargo, everything is perfectly clear. It’s a wonderful experience. I'm comfortable wearing them enough that a lot of times I forget I actually have them in before I go to bed and I gotta take them out. I don’t even realize that I have them in half the time. I'm 100% satisfied. Eargo is the best and I’ve already recommended them to others.

Eargo response

Our experience with this comment is 100% positive. Happy hearing, Philip!

Original review: May 18, 2019

In the last two to three years, I've had noticeable hearing loss. I'm still working but then for certain people's voices as well as the high-pitched voices of the two granddaughters that I'm raising at home, I'm having trouble understanding those. Previously, I bought a set of magnetic hearing aids and I wasn't very pleased with them. When I would get into a situation where I needed to hear, I would put them on, but the sound was so distorted. With my Eargo Neo hearing aids, I put them in and I haven't looked back since. I've never bought anything that I was much morel pleased with. Now, I can hear better and they're as close to natural hearing as I can imagine. Eargo is doing a perfect job. I've recommended them to others.

Eargo response

We're happy you're hearing every moment with Eargo Neo, Max!

Original review: May 17, 2019

I'm an online shopper, and I stopped for Eargo's advertisement. It just seemed wonderful. I wanted a chargeable and small one with no wires outside the ear. I thought I’d love the Eargo hearing aids, and I loved everything about them. They are the most ingenious things I've ever seen. I even loved the little note pad or the little booklet that they sent. The service provided by the team was super. It was better than any product I've ever purchased. They were so nice and so helpful. I live in an assisted living place and I've told everybody about them. The hearing aids were a wonderful bargain, too. People in here have paid as much as $7,000 for their hearing aids.

Unfortunately, they wouldn’t go in far enough in my ear. I have a very small ear canal. I called and we tried to tear every other little layer off to make them fit. I tried everything and we just couldn’t make them fit. So, I called and asked about the return policy and the rep was so very nice. I couldn’t believe how accommodating he was. He said he'd give me a deal on the Neos which were about the same size. I told him I wouldn’t put him through that trouble. Unless they had a sample to show me that I could fit them, I wouldn’t want them to lose more money on me. He said they'd send me a packet and I'd just put the hearing aids back in.

Just the way he told me, he sent me the envelope and the hearing aids are on their way back to them. I had told them that I had a problem with small ear canals and it would be wise for Eargo to send a test pair 'cause it costs them money now to take those back. I felt terrible having to send them back. They’re wonderful and I wish I could wear them. I'm sad that I can’t use them.

Eargo response

Thank you for sharing your excellent Eargo experience. Our Personal Hearing Professionals are hEAR for you to answer any questions or provide support (technical or otherwise)!

Original review: May 16, 2019

I read all of Eargo's materials online and watched all their videos, even how to clean them. I also looked at some of their customer responses and made my decision. I looked at some others that were cheaper, but I liked the way the Eargo system was set up. Plus I could use them on my insurance, whereas with the others, I could not. While I was getting the hearing aids fitted, I had to try a couple of different ends. My wife was fine but with me, it took some different ones so they would fit properly. Their service was outstanding. I got the Neo as I like the smallness of it, and it seemed easy to take care of. I’d always had the kind that fit on the back of the ear, but they get in the way of my glasses. I just ordered the earbuds a day ago and they’re already here today. Now we can hear better. You can’t see them and they fit comfortably. Plus they don’t rub your ears.

The only thing I wish Eargo had was Bluetooth capability so that if a phone call came in, it would go immediately to my hearing aid. Or even if I wanted to listen to music, it would go straight to my hearing aids. I also wish I'm able to use my phone instead of snapping my ear. It doesn’t bother me, but I also know that there are a lot of people that don’t want others knowing they’ve got hearing aids, or they don’t want others looking at them. If it was Bluetooth capable, you could just go to level two or three. Or if you’re riding in your car and the phone rings, you could talk directly to your hearing aids ‘cause your phone will pick it up easy.

Eargo response

We're happy you're hearing every moment with Eargo Neo, Phillip!

Original review: May 15, 2019

Updated on 05/24/2019: I called customer service and as suspected they were of no help! Said they’re almost a month out of warranty so all they could do was sell me another replacement hearing aid for $395!!! Like I said. $2500 for something that last 13 months is a huge waste of money. Cannot recommend buying these unless who I want to keep buying them!

Original Review: Batteries die. Right ear died after like 7-8 months. Charger would say it fully charged but it would die after a few minutes in the ear. They replaced it under warranty but 5 months later it’s dead again and now out of warranty. $2500 for 13 months is not worth it. Waste of money!

Eargo response

Our team is currently working to obtain the root cause results of your returned device. We will provide the report via the contact information we have on file when we have the results, which may help indicate what’s going on with your current hearing aids. In the meantime, please reach out to your Client Care to check on the status of your report.

Eargo Company Information