Sandra GordonParenting Products Contributing Editor
Specializing in health and medicine, Sandra Gordon has written extensively about cord blood banking for national and regional parenting magazines. She also has written about baby products, including breast pumps, for national and regional parenting magazines, blogs and books. Her work has appeared in hundreds of publications, including Parents, Prevention, Woman’s Day and Self. Gordon also appears on TV as a baby safety and money-saving expert. She is also the author of 10 books and the founder of babyproductsmom.com, a site dedicated to helping new parents gear up safely and within their budget.
More about Sandra→
Cord Blood Registry is the world's largest cord blood company. Founded in 1992, the company is headquartered in San Bruno, CA, and has a lab in Tucson, AZ.
- Fully accredited: Cord Blood Registry is fully FDA registered and AABB accredited, which means that it's recognized by leading organizations as having excellent business practices and standards.
- Company laboratory: The company owns their own 80,000 square foot laboratory in Tucson, AZ, and they're capable of running their own processing and testing.
- Forward-thinking company: Cord Blood Registry is working on clinical trials with the FDA to use stem cells to treat diseases, including autism, hearing loss, Cerebral Palsy and pediatric stroke.
- Fast transport time: The transport time to get cord blood to Cord Blood Registry is extremely fast, averaging about 19 hours.
- High cell recovery rate: To date, the company has the highest cell recovery rate ever published, which is near 99 percent.
- Best for Families with a history of diseases, families who have just had a baby and families with an ailing member.
Compare Cord Blood Banking
Cord Blood Registry Company Profile
- Company Name:
- Cord Blood Registry
- Company Type:
- Year Founded:
- 1200 Bayhill Drive, 3rd Floor
- San Bruno
- Postal Code:
- United States