Sandra GordonParenting Products Contributing Editor
Specializing in health and medicine, Sandra Gordon has written extensively about cord blood banking for national and regional parenting magazines. She also has written about baby products, including breast pumps, for national and regional parenting magazines, blogs and books. Her work has appeared in hundreds of publications, including Parents, Prevention, Woman’s Day and Self. Gordon also appears on TV as a baby safety and money-saving expert. She is also the author of 10 books and the founder of babyproductsmom.com, a site dedicated to helping new parents gear up safely and within their budget.
CorCell is a cord blood company that was founded in 1995. The private cord blood company is currently headquartered in Las Vegas, NV.
- Company-owned lab: CorCell uses an AABB-accredited third party lab, which handles all stages of the cord blood processing.
- Negotiable pricing: The company has a choose-your-own monthly price program in which customers can choose how much they can pay per month, so they can pay for their cord blood processing and storage over time.
- Full-time customer service: CorCell has representatives available to help customers with their concerns and questions 24-hours per day, 7-days per week and 365-days per year.
- Guarantee: CorCel has a $50,000 quality service guarantee that will compensate customers if their child’s preserved cord blood fails to graft. This compensation can be used to purchase an alternate stem cell source.
- Free quotes: Parents interested in banking with CorCell can submit information about the services they are interested in to the company and then receive a free quote for how much it will cost.
- Best for Families with a history of diseases, families who have just had a baby and families with an ailing member.
Question and Answers - CorCell
What problem is your comapny trying to solve?
- CorCell aims to bring affordable cord blood, stem cell and DNA banking to all families.
What sets CorCell apart from the competition?
- Simply put, we offer more stem cell banking options. We also bank the mesenchymal stem cells found within cord tissue. These stem cells show great promise in future regenerative and transplant medicine due to their abilities. We also give families the option to have these stem cells extracted and grown in our lab for higher volume.
We are also the only cord blood banking company to offer DNA banking. DNA banking gives families access to their medical health history and will be pertinent in the future as personalized medicine becomes more mainstream.
CorCell aims to make stem cell banking affordable through flexible payment plans. Families can pay up front or set up a payment plan.
CorCell has many accreditations, including AABB, AATB and we are FDA registered. We have over 20 years of experience in the cord blood banking industry, and we do not share or outsource our laboratory as many other cord blood banks do. Because of this, we are able to fully invest in our lab and keep up with the science of stem cells.
What needs do your services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
- Our company’s services act as a form of insurance against different diseases. We fulfill these needs better than our competition by having better affordability, actively investing in new stem cell services, and meeting and exceeding the strict quality standards in a highly regulated environment.
How does CorCell measure success?
- Our company conducts ongoing stability testing to verify the viability of the conditions under which its samples are stored.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
- The number one myth about our industry is that cord blood banking is expensive. Saving your child’s cord blood can cost as low as $1,400, which can be split into monthly payments as low as $55. The yearly fee for storage is between $125 and $240 per year, which is between $10 and $20 per month.
The second most common myth is that stem cells are unproven science. This is false because cord blood (hematopoietic) stem cells have been used since 1988 to treat a variety of diseases. Currently, cord blood can treat over 80 diseases and is commonly used in transplant medicine.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
- The cost of cord blood services have fallen rapidly, the amount of diseases cord blood can treat has gone up and the discovery of other beneficial stem cells within the umbilical cord has led to diversification of services.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about CorCell?
- We will work with every family to make cord blood banking fit their budget.
Has CorCell received any awards or recognition that your customers would like to know about?
- While it is more of an accreditation, we consider our AABB and AATB accreditations to be recognition as they prove our company meets these strict standards.
How has CorCell grown or evolved?
- We have acquired more accreditations for quality, such as AABB and AATB in the last two years. We have also launched multiple services in addition to our core cord blood banking service, such as cord tissue banking, stem cell isolation and expansion, and DNA banking.
Compare Cord Blood Banking
CorCell Company Profile
- Company Name:
- Year Founded:
- 1857 Helm Drive
- Las Vegas
- Postal Code:
- United States