Best CoolSculpting Companies
CoolSculpting is a type of Cryolipolysis®, which is a fancy way of saying fat freezing. It’s a non-invasive, cosmetic procedure that destroys the fat cells in your body. CoolSculpting targets specific problem areas (like love handles or a double chin) that haven’t responded to diet and exercise. The outpatient procedure doesn’t involve surgery, shots or pain management like liposuction or fat dissolving injections.
CoolSculpting is performed with specific machines designed and patented by ZELTIQ, so you should get comparable results from all licensed CoolSculpting providers. Keep reading to decide if the procedure is right for you and determine what provider features are important to you.
Compare Top CoolSculpting Reviews
|Ideal Image||Read Expert Review||Be the first one to rate this company|
Ideal Image is a medical spa that offers CoolSculpting, laser hair removal and other medical cosmetic procedures. It operates in 30 states and in British Columbia. You can schedule a free consultation to learn about treatments.
|ZELTIQ||Read Expert Review||Be the first one to rate this company|
ZELTIQ Aesthetics, Inc. developed and patented the machines used in CoolSculpting procedures. It now provides CoolSculpting technology to licensed medical professionals. The CoolSculpting website has useful consumer information.
|Allure Medical Spa||Read Expert Review||Be the first one to rate this company|
Allure Medical Spa offers CoolSculpting and many other cosmetic procedures, including Botox and other wrinkle fillers, laser skin treatments, vein treatment and more. It has offices in throughout the Detroit-metro area.
|Westlake Dermatology||Read Expert Review||Be the first one to rate this company|
Westlake Dermatology provides CoolSculpting, SmartLipo and other body contouring procedures in addition to a wide array of other cosmetic procedures. It has offices in the Austin, Texas area.
|Blume Skin & Body||Read Expert Review||Be the first one to rate this company|
Blume Skin & Body is located in Scottsdale, Arizona. It offers a wide variety of cosmetic and body sculpting procedures, including CoolSculpting. The practice has extended hours to make booking easier.
|Maryland Dermatology Laser Skin & Vein||Read Expert Review||Be the first one to rate this company|
Maryland Dermatology Laser Skin & Vein has been offering medical and cosmetic procedures since the 1980s. The medical practice provides CoolSculpting and other body contouring services. It’s located near Baltimore.
|Advanced Dermatology||Read Expert Review||Be the first one to rate this company|
Advanced Dermatology is a medical practice offering both medical and cosmetic procedures at two offices in the Chicago-area. Its wide variety of services includes CoolSculpting and other fat reduction treatments.
|Ann Arbor Plastic Surgery||Read Expert Review||Be the first one to rate this company|
Ann Arbor Plastic Surgery provides cosmetic surgery and non-surgical procedures, including CoolSculpting. The medical practices has two offices near Ann Arbor, Michigan. Special discounts are available.
ConsumerAffairs Research Team
Jami Barnett, Ph.D., is an experienced researcher, and she believes consumers have a right to clear and honest information about products. In her role at ConsumerAffairs, she thoroughly researches products and companies by interviewing experts, reviewing research studies, reading governmental regulations and investigating customer service responses. Her work gives consumers the information they need to make smart purchasing decisions.
What you need to know about CoolSculpting
CoolSculpting was developed by ZELTIQ to offer an alternative to surgical liposuction. Like traditional liposuction, CoolSculpting eliminates fat cells in your body, as opposed to weight loss, which just shrinks them. According to experts, eliminating fat cells provides better long-term results than weight loss alone.
CoolSculpting kills fat cells by exposing them to cold temperatures. Researchers have found that fat is more susceptible to cold than other cells in your body. The CoolSculpting machine lowers to a temperature of about 23 degrees fahrenheit, freezing fat cells but leaving the surrounding tissue safe.
During a CoolSculpting fat-freezing procedure, a gel pad and special vacuum applicator are attached to the area you’re having treated. The machine precisely cools the area for 35-60 minutes.
As a result, fat cells under the skin are frozen and die. Over the next several weeks, the body naturally processes and eliminates the dead fat cells, and the treated area becomes slimmer.
The CoolSculpting fat-freezing procedure is patented and FDA-approved. The science behind it has been the subject of extensive clinical research to validate the safety and efficacy of CoolSculpting.
Common questions about CoolSculpting
What does it cost?
CoolSculpting fat-freezing typically costs between $2,000–$4,000.
Prices will vary based on your desired treatment areas and goals for fat reduction. Given the individualized nature of the procedure, CoolSculpting providers will work with you to develop a treatment plan to suit your goals and budget. Most providers offer flexible payment plans or financing through a healthcare lender.
What happens to frozen fat cells? Can they come back?
No, CoolSculpting permanently eliminates fat cells.
CoolSculpting fat-freezing instigates a form of cell death called apoptosis, which naturally occurs in the body as cells age and die. Once the immune system recognizes frozen fat cells are dead, a cleanup process is triggered in which special white blood cells called macrophages break down and consume the dead cells. The dead fat cell material is digested and recycled as fuel for macrophages to continue cleanup elsewhere in the body.
What if I gain weight after my CoolSculpting procedure?
Weight gain causes the fixed number of fat cells in the body to expand. If you gain weight after the procedure, your remaining fat cells will expand. Those who do gain weight after CoolSculpting gain it evenly all over their body, not just in the treated area.
Who can have CoolSculpting?
CoolSculpting fat-freezing is equally effective for adult men and women. It’s best for people who are at or near their ideal body weight, because it treats specific areas where excess fat causes unwanted bulges despite diet, exercise and a healthy lifestyle.
This procedure is not a weight loss solution for people wishing to treat obesity or lose a significant amount of fat. Additionally, certain autoimmune and blood diseases such as cryoglobulinemia, cold agglutinin disease or paroxysmal cold hemoglobinuria may make CoolSculpting too dangerous for some people.
What parts of my body can I treat with CoolSculpting?
CoolSculpting fat-freezing can treat thighs, abdomen, flank (sides/hips), upper arms, areas of the back and the submental area (double chin).
What does the procedure feel like?
CoolSculpting applicators use gentle suction to attach to treatment areas, so there will be a tugging sensation. As the name suggests, the first few minutes will feel very cold on the targeted area, but your skin will become numb within the first 10 minutes of the treatment. Most people are relaxed enough to read or watch TV during their procedure.
What is the aftermath and recovery like?
Immediately after the procedure, expect the treated areas to bruise and swell as a reaction to the applicator’s suction. It is normal for swelling to make treated areas appear “worse” than before. These areas will steadily shrink as swelling decreases and dead fat cells are processed and eliminated.
Minor soreness or discomfort is common, but should be manageable with over-the-counter pain relievers. Most people return to normal activities immediately after their procedure.
When will I notice the full results?
Most patients start to notice results about three weeks after their procedure. Results should be fully visible about two months after a procedure, but the body can continue flushing dead fat cells as long as six months later.
Most clinics schedule follow-up appointments in which patients may discuss their results and schedule another CoolSculpting fat-freezing session if necessary. CoolSculpting typically freezes about 25 percent of the fat cells in a treated area, so your provider may recommend multiple sessions.
Who provides CoolSculpting?
CoolSculpting is only available through medical practices certified by ZELTIQ, the company that developed and patented CoolSculpting fat-freezing technology, devices and procedures. Every procedure is administered by a trained healthcare professional and supervised by medical doctors. This means that you should get similar results regardless of which provider you choose. Once you’ve determined whether CoolSculpting is right for you, think about these services when picking a provider.
You may need to have more than one CoolSculpting session. Choose a location that’s close to your home or near hotel accommodations.
CoolSculpting is a medical procedure. It might be performed in a doctor’s office or a med-spa. Think about which atmosphere you’re more comfortable in.
Because CoolSculpting fat-freezing costs a few thousand dollars, you may want to finance the procedure. Ask the provider you’re considering whether they offer financing or accept financing from healthcare lenders.
To save money, ask about special promotions for CoolSculpting. Many providers have seasonal discounts and specials.
If you’re interested in other cosmetic procedures, look for an office with those services. Having a single provider can make life more convenient. If you’re not sure if you’re a good candidate for CoolSculpting, look for an office that offers multiple treatments for fat reduction; they can help you pick the right procedure.
CoolSculpting Company Reviews
Ideal Image was founded in 2001 to offer medical procedures related to health and beauty in a spa-like setting. It now has company-owned and franchise locations across the United States and in Canada. In addition to CoolSculpting, it offers laser hair removal, injectable fillers and anti-aging treatments.
- Special pricing: Ideal Image offers regular discounts and seasonal specials. Offers may vary by location, so you should contact the nearest provider to learn about special pricing.
- Free consultation: You can schedule a free consultation online. You simply need to provide your name, email and phone number. You can request to discuss more than one procedure during your consultation.
- FDA-approved treatments: Aside from CoolSculpting, Ideal Image provides several other procedures, including laser hair removal and injectables to prevent signs of aging. Ideal Image only adds treatments once they’re approved by the FDA, so you can feel safe with any of the procedures they recommend.
- Blog: Read Ideal Image’s blog for a variety of beauty and health information. The company is also active on Facebook. Follow them to hear about discounts, see new blog posts and communicate with the company.
- Live chat: Ideal Image’s website has a live chat feature, so you can instantly get answers to your questions. The customer service representatives can also help you set up a consultation.
- Best for: anyone interested in CoolSculpting in a spa-like setting.
ZELTIQ Aesthetics, Inc. developed CoolSculpting based on the science of Cryolipolysis®. The CoolSculpting procedure is now performed in medical spas and doctors’ offices in more than 55 countries. ZELTIQ does not perform CoolSculpting fat-freezing procedures; it manufactures and sells the machines used during the procedure. In 2017, Allergan acquired ZELTIQ.
- Questionnaire: The CoolSculpting website has a brief questionnaire that will help you determine whether you’re a good candidate for the procedure.
- Find a provider: Because ZELTIQ patented CoolSculpting technology, their website is a great place to find a qualified provider. Simply enter your zip code and the website will show you a list of licensed CoolSculpting technicians in your area.
- Before and after: The CoolSculpting website has before and after pictures to show CoolSculpting results. Check out their image gallery if you’re curious about how different areas of your body could look after the treatment.
- FAQs: CoolSculpting’s website has a lengthy FAQ page. This info might help answer your questions before you visit your local provider.
- Safety information: You can download a brochure with information about possible side effects and results from clinical trials. If you’re still researching the procedure or have more questions about it, you’ll probably find this brochure helpful.
- Best for: anyone interested in learning more about CoolSculpting.
Allure Medical Spa provides both surgical and non-surgical cosmetic medical procedures. Services for weight loss and cellulite include CoolSculpting, tummy tucks, laser liposuction, fat dissolving injectables and more. The practice also has treatments for vein removal, laser hair removal, wrinkle fillers and more. It has several practices in the Detroit area.
- Schedule online: You can schedule your first appointment online. Just choose the location, date, time and service and submit the form on their website.
- Other fat and cellulite treatments: Allure Medical Spa provides several treatments besides CoolSculpting to remove fat cells and decrease cellulite. Surgical options include tummy tucks, laser liposuction and Cellfina cellulite treatment. Non-surgical options include fat dissolving injectables and more. An Allure professional can help you decide which option is best for you.
- Special pricing: Allure Medical Spa regularly has sales and seasonal promotions. Visit their website or contact one of the offices for details about current promotions.
- Financing: You can finance your procedure with Allure Medical Spa through several CareCredit, United Medical Credit or Prosper Healthcare Lending. Financing is subject to credit approval.
- Online payments: You can pay your bill on the Allure Medical Spa website. Payments are processed by Authorize.Net, and all your information is highly encrypted.
- Best for: Michigan residents interested in CoolSculpting and cosmetic procedures.
Westlake Dermatology offers a wide variety of cosmetic procedures, including CoolSculpting, laser treatments, plastic surgery and more. Westlake Dermatology has offices in Austin, Texas and the surrounding areas.
- Other body contouring treatments: Westlake Dermatology offers several body contouring treatments aside from CoolSculpting. Other options include fat transfer from one area to another, Cellulaze, liposuction, SmartLipo and Thermage. If you’re not an ideal candidate for CoolSculpting, one of these treatments might be right for you.
- Blog: Westlake Dermatology’s website includes a blog with dozens of informative posts about cosmetic procedures. It has several articles about CoolSculpting fat-freezing and body contouring.
- Financing options: You can use CareCredit or Prosper Healthcare Lending to pay for your cosmetic procedure. Apply for both online through the Westlake Dermatology website.
- Hotel accommodations: If you’re traveling to Westlake Dermatology from out of town, you can get special rates from several local hotels. Visit Westlake’s website for details about hotel accommodations.
- Online bill pay: You can pay your bills from Westlake online. The payment site is VeriSign Secured and HIPAA compliant.
- Best for: Texas residents interested in CoolSculpting and body contouring.
Blume Skin & Body, formerly Parkway Medical Laser & Skin Centre, has been offering cosmetic procedures since 2006. In addition to skin and anti-aging treatments, the practice provides CoolSculpting and other body contouring services. It is located in Scottsdale, Arizona.
- Special pricing: Blume Skin & Body has monthly specials and other seasonal discounts. Check the practice’s website or call them to learn about any specials on CoolSculpting. You can also sign up for their newsletter to hear about new specials via email.
- Hours: Blume Skin & Body is open from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. each weekday and by appointment on Saturdays. These hours may make it easier for you to book an appointment if you work during normal business hours.
- Dr. Blume: Dr. Blume owns this medical practice, and he is an instructor for Allergan, ZELTIQ’s parent company. Dr. Blume or a certified laser technician performs all CoolSculpting procedures at Blume Skin & Body.
- Blog: You can read about new cosmetic procedures and beauty treatments on Blume Skin & Body’s blog. Follow the practice on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to learn about new blog posts.
- Videos: The Blume Skin & Body website has several videos about CoolSculpting. One video shows the procedure being performed in their office. If you’re interested in learning more about the procedure, these videos are a good resource.
- Best for: Arizona residents interested in CoolSculpting and other cosmetic procedures.
Maryland Dermatology Laser Skin & Vein provides patients with both medically-necessary and cosmetic procedures. In addition to CoolSculpting, the practice offers several types of body contouring, laser treatments, injectable wrinkle fillers and more. It has been in business since 1982 and is located in Hunt Valley, Maryland.
- Special pricing: Maryland Dermatology regularly has special prices and discounts on certain services. Visit the website to see current promotions. Sign up for their newsletter to be notified of new specials via email.
- Rewards program: Maryland Dermatology has a rewards program, called SkinCeuticals Rewards. You earn points for all services, and you can use the points to purchase skincare products.
- Financing: You can finance your CoolSculpting fat-freezing procedure at Maryland Dermatology using CareCredit. You may be able to get financing interest-free. Financing is subject to credit approval.
- Other fat reduction treatments: In addition to CoolSculpting, Maryland Dermatology provides UltraShape, Vanquish and SculpSure procedures to reduce fat cells in your body. The professionals at the medical spa can help you determine which procedure is best for you.
- FAQs: Maryland Dermatology has answers to many frequently asked questions about CoolSculpting on their website. Visit this page to learn more about the procedure or to prepare for your appointment.
- Best for: those in the Baltimore area who are interested in CoolSculpting and body contouring.
Advanced Dermatology provides medical and cosmetic procedures, including CoolSculpting, non-surgical facelifts, injectable wrinkle fillers, laser hair removal, vein treatment, acne treatment and more. The practice has two offices in the greater-Chicago area. It has been in business since 2003.
- ZWave: When you have CoolSculpting at Advanced Dermatology, you also receive a ZWave treatment on the area. This machine is pressed against the skin and uses a radial shockwave to further destabilize fat cells and improve your results.
- Other fat reduction and cellulite treatments: If CoolSculpting fat-freezing isn’t right for you, you may be a good candidate for one of Advanced Dermatology’s other procedures to reduce fat or eliminate cellulite. The practice offers TriPollar Apollo, Thermage and VelaShape. Set up a consultation to determine which procedure is best for you.
- Hours: Advanced Dermatology’s offices are open as late as 8 p.m. on some evenings and from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturdays. You might like the extended hours if you usually work during normal business hours.
- Book online: You can request an appointment online. Simply fill out a form with your information and the services you’re interested in. Someone will contact you to confirm a consultation time.
- Pay online: You can easily pay your bill on the Advanced Dermatology website. Authorize.Net processes the payments.
- Best for: Chicago-area residents interested in CoolSculpting and cosmetic procedures.
Ann Arbor Plastic Surgery provides surgical and non-surgical medical procedures, primarily for cosmetic purposes. CoolSculpting is available as a non-surgical body contouring option. The practice is run by Dr. Pramit Malhotra. It has two locations in the Ann Arbor, Michigan area.
- Special pricing: Ann Arbor Plastic Surgery frequently offers special discounts and seasonal promos. Check the website and follow them on social media to learn about offers.
- Financing: You can finance your CoolSculpting procedure through CareCredit or Prosper Healthcare Lending. Financing is subject to credit approval, and you can find links to online applications on Ann Arbor Plastic Surgery’s website.
- Cost estimation: You can fill out a form on the medical practice’s website to get an estimate of the cost of the procedure you’re interested in. Someone will contact you after you submit the form to discuss your options.
- Blog: The Ann Arbor Plastic Surgery website has a blog with informational articles about many of the procedures the practice offers. You can also follow them on Facebook to see stories about cosmetic procedures.
- Virtual tour: The medical practice’s website has virtual tours of both its offices. You can see what the offices look like inside and out, so you’ll be more familiar with your surroundings at your first appointment.
- Best for: those in the Ann Arbor, Michigan area interested in CoolSculpting or plastic surgery.
Information in this guide is general in nature and is intended for infomration purposes only; it is not legal, health, investor or tax advice. ConsumerAffairs.com makes no representation as to the accuracy of the information provided and assumes no liability for any damages or loss arising from its use.