3.8/5 (112 ratings)

About Cochlear

Cochlear Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cochlear?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cochlear?

Original review: July 18, 2018

First they are compatible only with Apple. They should have used Bluetooth. Their implant is only compatible with Cochlear. They overcharge like crazy for simple parts. Pronto implants on the other hand is compatible with all phones and other hearing devices. They are customer friendly being an American company and do not charge a 1000% markup. Chose Pronto for a hearing implant.

Original review: July 7, 2018

I have no problems with the quality of sound with my Cochlear hearing aid when it works. However it seems every six months or so the thing quits. Cochlear has a racket going. At $750 a pop you can get a rejuvenated one that works. A new rechargeable battery is $250. If you want a unit that will use batteries it is $250. A cable is over $50. Of course you can buy insurance through them for over 800 a year. Their prices are criminal, but they have you because you're deaf without it. They prey upon us. They need more competition. I am going to check out Pronto.

Original review: July 26, 2017

Without Cochlear I am unable to communicate with friends and family. I was hesitant at first being a little vain but now that I have it I can't imagine being without it. I wear it all the time no matter what my activity i.e. Golf, working in the yard and of course all social events.

Original review: July 23, 2017

It has allow me to hear again! I love being able to hear again. Cochlear products are great and they have great customer service. The wonderful local meeting in your area for support and you make a new friends as well.

Original review: July 21, 2017

I was able to hear my grand babies cry and my grandchildren singing!!! Also when I meet with my doctors and lawyers, I understand them better than wearing hearing aids.

Original review: July 20, 2017

The Cochlear implant works great. Two problems: No shutdown of outside noise using phone like hearing aids. Have to use moleskin to prevent hurting my ear. Has been a problem since purchase.

Original review: July 15, 2017

It's an ongoing process. It takes time to get used to it and learn how to make it work for you. There's adjustment and visits to the audiologist for testing. Overall I wish I had gotten the Cochlear implant sooner.

Original review: July 14, 2017

It's so powerful than hearing aids. I can hear about 75% without read lips. I was born deaf. Right 2001 and L 2011. I love Cochlear. My two children and husband are really pleased! Hopefully I get upgrade.

Cochlear Company Information