Coastal Dermatology, located in beautiful Camarillo, California welcomes you to an exciting new world of skin rejuvenation. Clinical advances in the field of Cosmetic Dermatology have opened the door to a variety of non-invasive treatment options.

Harvard trained, Dr. Ross Kaplan has practiced dermatology, cosmetic dermatology and microscopic MOH’s surgery for almost 14 years in Camarillo. He maintains the leading edge in the latest clinical advancements and non-invasive laser treatments in Camarillo. Our practice offers safe, advanced technology to reverse the effects of premature aging, sun damage, and environmental damage for all skin types.

In addition, we offer a host of services including Microdermabrasions, Chemical Peels, relaxing facials, Laser Hair Reduction, top of the line Medical Grade skin care products, Botox, Juvederm, Ultherapy, and the revolutionary, CoolSculpting.

Dr. Kaplan believes in a gentle approach to skin-care, and a conservative approach to cosmetic treatments. His goal is to always maintain a natural outcome so patients’ look refreshed and youthful--never overdone. We want you to look like you—only better!

Helping you look your best, so you feel your best.

Compare Doctors

Research top Doctors recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I have been a patient of Dr. Kaplan's for many years. I have had several procedures done by Dr. Kaplan and/or Julie and have been 100% satisfied each time. The office staff is so professional, and extremely knowledgeable regarding all the services Dr. Kaplan offers. I have and will continue to recommend Coastal Dermatology to my friends. CD is the only dermatology office that I go to.

PS I appreciate that his office runs on schedule and I have never had to wait more than a few minutes beyond my scheduled appointment.

From my first 'interview' with Leslie to my last drop-in to pick up a product from Jan and Carla, everyone at Coastal Dermatology is helpful, personable and professional. I trust Julie implicitly to understand what I want from a procedure and to make sure that happens. I know I've left some names out, but to everyone in the office, I think you are terrific.

Great job on getting me in and seeing the Dr. Very friendly staff, and got lotion for skin problem that worked. Many Thanks!

I have used a number of the services at Coastal Dermatology, in addition to Dr. Kaplan as a physician. I have been very happy with the results and Julie is terrific. She is professional in her recommendations and treatment and won't mislead you by recommending treatments that you do not need. The staff is always very friendly and helpful too.

Outstanding front office staff. Doctor/NP are very professional and not uptight or snobby. The overall environment is clean and inviting ;-)

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Coastal-Dermatology?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

Thanks Julie and your staff for always answering my dumb questions, and making life easier for me.

I think Dr. Kaplan and his staff are excellent. Everyone is very nice and very professional. I never have to wait very long when I go in. I think I get excellent medical treatment and advice. I have recommended this office many times. I am very happy with my care there.

My experience has always been positive at Coastal Dermatology. Appointments never take long and I am always satisfied with my visit. I would highly recommend.

Julie has been very helpful in providing advise on fillers, lazers and skin tightening advise.

They were very nice to me when I was there 2x.

I've been going to CD for a long time. Each appointment has been a great experience. The staff is super cool and Dr. Kaplan so my guy!!! Especially his technique injecting Botox. Julie is my new BFF! Love my face after e-matrix! Really! That's all folks, thanks for all the special attention! ❤️ Dee dee

All the ladies at Coastal Dermatalogy that I have met are very nice! I especially enjoyed meeting Lesley and I am currently using and enjoying the products she told me about.

The staff that I have met were all very nice and professional. I would recommend this establishment to everyone! The ultherapy was a little painful but tolerable and I can already see results after a week and a half. You can tell everyone there cares and likes their job.

Mixed reviews with the services you provide. My experience has been good but not great! The complaints I've heard from others I've not yet experienced, so the jury is still out.

I am so satisfied with the creams (T N S cream and Vivite Hydrating) that I bought. I feel so fresh and clean and I see that my wrinkles aren't so deep looking. Friend tell me you look so refresh and that makes me feel that the cream do really work.

Fantastic & compassionate care! I highly recommend Dr. Kaplan. Honest & straight forward treatment.

Refreshes my aging skin, once a year. The IPL treatment tones my skin, removes dark spots and redness. It is a relatively simple procedure with no down time. The staff is caring and professional.

Great office! Very kind staff and everything is so clean. Highly recommended!

Coastal Dermatology has provided care for our entire family over the years. The office is pleasant and caring but most importantly they are thorough and efficient. I rarely have to wait and they ask all the right questions. I never think twice about where I will go when I need a dermatologist.

Thank goodness for Juvederm and Dr. April. I had a great first experience with her. She is an "artist" with the needle. I was also very happy with your kind and informative back office staff. Carla was extremely helpful. I will be back for my follow up visit in 2 weeks, and look forward to scheduling future laser work!! :)

I have always been very pleased with Coastal Dermatology! They are true professionals who care about their clients. I went into their office for a screening, and was treated very ethically. Although I did not use their services, I was grateful because they gave me the right info to make my own decision.

My experience was great. I started going there for micro derma facials with Lily. Lily is the BEST ever. Lily is an expert at what she does. I also love that Lily always seen me on time and always took the time to answered all my questions. Thank you Lilia and thank you Coastal Dermatologist for providing Lily to me. As for your staff, from the moment I would get to the office, the front staff was/is friendly. Even when the office was busy, which can be challenging, the staff still remained great.

I have been to Coastal Dermatology several times for cosmetic procedures. I first heard about Coastal Dermatology from a friend, who said wonderful things about the practice. I went in initially for a consultation for the Ultherapy procedure. Leslie, the nurse who explained some of the process, was lovely. She was very patient and kind and explained exactly what I would experience and the results. I did opt for the procedure, and Julie, the nurse who administered the procedure, was incredible. She was thorough, compassionate and very accommodating. I have been back for a Botox treatment, and find the entire staff to be friendly and polite. They are there to answer any questions and put your mind at ease if you have any concerns. I will definitely be returning to Coastal Dermatology.

Caring, knowledgeable doctor.

Full body exam - I had my initial appointment at Coastal Dermatology and it was a very good experience. The doctor made me feel relaxed and cared for. He was thorough and informative, answered all my questions and took immediate action on every blemish and skin discoloration. He knew what every bump and abrasion was and eased my mind completely. I feel confident I will get the best care there.

Very friendly and professional office staff, cleanliness is top notch, as well. Wait times are minimal, waiting room is pleasant.

I'm always treated with respect and what a lovely surprise - the receptionists have great senses of humor. LOVE the tinted moisturizer sunscreen. Going to buy it for the girls in my family for Christmas.

I am nearing my 50s and for the last few years my hair has really began to thin. I decided to consult a doctor about it. My mother suggested Dr. Kaplan. My examination with the doctor was stressful. The doctor talked more than he listened. I tried to explain some of my history and what remedies I had tried and he talked over me. I got the feeling he felt I was "not as smart as he was". I asked him about my hair. He pulled a few strands out from my scalp and he told me that my hair shouldn't pull out that easily and should be stronger like “hers” referring to one of the nurses working for him. He ended with "Don't worry you are not going to be bald." He did make a few suggestions such as taking Biotin twice a day and trying Rogaine. Then he checked my skin for any signs of Cancer.

I had a scar on my forehead from 25 years ago and one on my knee from 35 years ago. He commented on them saying, "Oh, you've had a rough life." I found the experience degrading. He did order a blood test to make sure I didn't have a thyroid problem although no one ever called me to follow up about the results. I guess I am to assume everything looked ok. The bill was very expensive. However, the nurses and all the workers in the office were very friendly and caring. I wouldn't go back to see that doctor.

Coolsculpt - Good results. On time service. Wish you were open on weekends.

The front office staff, the nurse practitioner, Julie, and her assistant were pleasant, friendly and helpful. Explanations were given regarding all procedures.

Coastal Dermatology Company Profile