Clearasil

Compare Acne Treatment Products

Research top Acne Treatment Products recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Clearasil was the product chosen by me partially because of its reputation within the skin care industry and also its competitive pricing. The pricing of Clearasil is competitive with other over the counter products, clearasil is easy to use and I experienced positive results after using the product. Also, Clearasil comes in multiple sizes as well as a size approved for carry on when flying by meeting TSA standards and guidelines. Clearasil caused my skin to become dry due to the peroxide in the product. I would also change the packaging to be more distinctive to make it stand out among the rest of the products on the shelf. But my experience with clearasil was overall successful.

I've used many products. Clearasil is available over the counter and is affordable and less expensive than other products, yet it's strong medicine. It does treat my acne to make it clear faster than home remedies. I can use it when I begin to see a breakout but I don't need to use it daily. It works well but it dries and irritates my skin, so I have to use it sparingly. I'd like it to be more gentle on my skin; it tends to irritate it and dry it out. I don't like the redness that occurs after using it and I usually have to then treat my skin with more moisturizers. I would love it if it smelled better but that'd be just a bonus.

I like how Clearasil has a variety of products for my skin. I have very oily skin and their products don't leave my skin oily or too dry or feeling tight. I have other acne products and nothing worked but when I tried Clearasil, it worked great for my skin. My face is much clearer. I am very satisfied.

I liked the Clearasil products a lot... cleared up my skin problems. I felt better about myself afterward -- It gave me confidence. My skin felt smooth, silky after using this product. I also liked how it's affordable. Moreover, I really liked how I could buy it from my neighborhood grocery store, like Kroger or Publix. I liked everything about it... did not see any issue with using it. It "got the job done," after I used this product. I would not change anything about this product.

This is a product that doesn't work as well as claimed. I think they are ineffective and not worth the money. They didn't work when I was a kid. Then I used it when I was a teenager and I am in my fifties now. Maybe now Clearasil work. But I didn't like that they took so long to work. Maybe they have improved by now, but I wouldn't let my kids use it if I was a parent now. I would recommend something else. They are probably reformulated, but I started using straight ** cream instead and it works better. I still use that if I get a stray pimple. I would recommend buying ** gel which is much cheaper and recommended by doctors.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Clearasil?

I heard thru others who have acne that Clearasil was a great product for acne. They have products for every skin type from regular to oily and reasonably priced product for the amount of product you get. However, they burned a little and caused a little redness when I first started to use them but after a couple days, everything was okay. Also, it does not work too well if you have extreme acne, but good for mild to moderate acne.

Clearasil was a good product that did what it advertised. I chose it because of its reputation and it was readily available at most department stores and grocery stores. There were many options to choose from to tailor fit to your needs. The product was easy to use and was effective. But, I have sensitive skin and Clearasil's products were too abrasive and drying, causing my skin to react. My skin became red, felt dry and irritated after using it. It also had a astringent odor about it.

I like that they are less oily than other brands! For a while they were inexpensive and smelled very clean and fresh! Worked well with my skin type for a while until I needed something stronger. They don't work as well in the long run and now I just use them if I'm in a pinch and out of the stuff I'm currently using because I have some bottles left over. But overall the brand isn't terrible! I'd recommend it to people with slight acne problems or to people who don't get acne and just need a way to wash their face.

I chose Clearasil because of the brand name. It really works great, clears up the acne well and rarely comes back. I have used others in the past but this one was the best for its price. On the other hand, it is a little pricey and it burned my skin a little but that meant it was working after using it a few times. I got used to it and it quit burning after a while. Other than that, Clearasil has met all my expectations. My skin felt fresh and clean, and I would recommend this for anyone that wants something that works on acne.

I like using Clearasil because they have a variety of products that help with a variety of skin problems. The price is also a great value. My skin feels great and I get good results after using their products. I like the pads, washes and creams. However, I wish they had some stronger products when my skin is really bad. I also wish they had products in larger sizes. When my daughters use these products too we run out quickly. Otherwise, I really enjoy the products.

I like that it cleans your skin and pores and it helps with your acne breakouts. It's a good product that I have used before but I just wouldn't chose to use it again. I have sensitive skin and it's a little harsh on my skin. It burns and makes my face red, it does what it is supposed to I just have to be careful which products I use. I wouldn't chose this brand over other brands.

My friend recommended Clearasil, she had good results. I had tried Noxzema but got no results. Clearasil worked very well while hiding my blemishes. I had absolutely no side effects and my skin feels fine after using it. Clearasil met and exceeded my expectations. I liked the fact that I could hide my acne with a color. Sometimes it really worked overnight. The best treatment is to use this product as soon as you see or feel a blemish coming on. It was not greasy or oily. My skin felt fine and it did the job it was supposed.

I chose this brand because my step mom started letting me use hers when I hit puberty and when I started getting acne, I noticed how well it worked after two days of use. I have loved Clearasil since then. It meets my expectations, my skin felt refreshed and clean and no side effects. Plus, you can buy it at Walgreens, Walmart and Dollar General. However, it sometimes doesn’t work after a while so I end up using and purchasing more expensive and less effective product. This becomes annoying and discourages me from trying another item. Nonetheless, Clearasil is fairly priced, has a very decent scent and it doesn't burn my face or make my skin extremely dry like other products do.

I don't personally care for Clearasil products, they are too cheap and rough on my skin. I don't find them effective at all and I find them harsh and poorly made. I would change the ingredients and make them more natural and effective. I would also make them less harsh on skin and more gentle as well. Also, I would make their products cruelty free and derm tested if they aren't already. The only thing I like about Clearasil products are the price, they are very inexpensive and easy to use as well. Clearasil is also a brand you can easily find in most stores.

I used Clearasil at an early age around 15 or 16, popular at that time. It worked great with no side effects, skin became clear while using & after using it. It met all my expectations. All their products are great for all ages, if you want healthy looking skin use all their products because they are a trusted brand name company that they know about skin for a very long time. It's innovating, clean, easy to use, get positive results using it, great value. I look like me again, beautiful, clear skin. Also, the prices for these products are very affordable for everybody. I can't think of any changes that could be made on these products except maybe to change the prices to make them even more affordable or have everything in a kit. But I am very satisfied with the continued results and I'm sure you will be too. I would recommend it for great looking skin even with continued use.

Clearasil was an alright product. It was one of the first products I started to use on my face in my early teens. I liked how clean and fresh my skin felt after using the product. It smelled great and it did not leave a heavy barrier on my skin. The only problem was, it was not for my type of acne. It did not work for after a couple of months. I was trying out different skin products to see which would be best for my skin type. No side effects but it did not meet my expectations. It did feel good at first but it started to get really bad in the coming months.

My friends like this product and told me how well it work. She uses it and give it rave reviews so I tried it and it work very well, remove all the acne and stop flare up. It live up to what she said like how easy the direction was and how clear it was to understand how to use this products. It does what it say it would do on the packages. I like everything about this product and will recommend this to my co workers.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

The Clearasil brand is well-known for its acne-fighting products. Products are categorized in two groups: Clearasil Ultra, for fast-acting treatments and Clearasil Daily, for routine skin care.

• Skin care guide: On the Clearasil website you are able to take a 4-question quiz to determine the best way to treat your unique skin. Product recommendations follow the results.
  • Expert advice online: You can search through many articles on the Clearasil website to learn more about your own skin, different types of acne treatment and answers to frequently asked questions concerning ingredients.
  • Clearasil: Navigate to the "Special Offers" tab on the website and you'll find coupons for Clearasil products.
  • Formula for sensitive skin: The Daily Clear Oil-Free Daily Face Wash Sensitive is a fragrance-free cleanser designed especially for people with sensitive but acne-prone skin. The formula is dermatologist-tested.
  • Tinted treatment cream: Tinted creams reduce pimples while providing the same coverage as a cosmetic cover-up. It's easy to use and effective.
  • Best for The Clearasil product line is aimed at young people experiencing a variety of acne-related problems.

Compare Acne Treatment