2. Shopping
  3. Acne Treatment

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.57/5

Clearasil Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Clearasil?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Clearasil?

Original review: May 29, 2020

5 in 1 spot treatment. Once applied to the spot and surrounding area as directed on the packaging I woke up the next morning to my skin burnt. Dried and darkened skin all over my forehead and cheek. I'm hoping it doesn't scar!

Original review: May 9, 2020

I am very disappointed that Clearasil didn’t keep their old formula. I had been using since I was a teenager and I’m retired now. I still used it occasionally. When I purchased the only one that is available now, it burned and itched, and made my face red. The old formula even helped keep my milia at bay. I wish they offered both. This one is awful!

Get buying tips about Acne Treatment delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

No joke I've been crying for like 5 days. It left big burnt circles on my cheeks. I have no idea how to fix this and I'm only 16! If this scars my face I will be so mad. I used to have nice skin and now I have this. I don't trust this product and will never allow anyone I know to buy it. I will never forgive the damage it did to me. IF YOU ARE READING THIS DO NOT BUY THE ACNE SPOT TREATMENT. YOU WILL REGRET IT!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I have used Clearasil for many years. When I saw they had the acne spot treatment dots I was excited. My daughter and I used them and well, what can I say other than it looks like she had cigarettes put out on her face as well as mine. Yes. It burnt our face and at this point it looks as if my daughter's face will be scarred from it. We followed directions and we have used other acne dot treatments that worked well. I am beyond furious and will be contacting the company for a resolution. I would not waste 10.00 on this product since I have spent about 40.00 in products to try and reverse the damage it did.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I have been using Clearasil since I was a teenager and suddenly noticed that the tube I had used for ages was no longer available. I ended up buying another type of tinted Clearasil but it didn't dry correctly and I ended up permanently staining my pillowcases and sheets. So I looked at their products again and bought one that claimed to have an instant effect on blemishes. WHAT A RIPOFF!!! It doesn't do any good whatsoever. I going to demand a refund from the drugstore I bought it from and I'll never buy any Clearasil products again.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

Hi. I recently purchased your Clearasil rapid action treatment and I have to say it's the biggest waste of money I have spent, this hasn't done a thing like advertised on your packaging. It hasn't started to clear up in 4 hours. If anything it's done nothing. I bought this on Thursday last week and done everything the instructions have stated and like I say it's done nothing. I am hugely disappointment. I always buy your products but on this occasion I feel very let down. This isn't cheap either!

Original review: June 6, 2017

Clearasil was the product chosen by me partially because of its reputation within the skin care industry and also its competitive pricing. The pricing of Clearasil is competitive with other over the counter products, clearasil is easy to use and I experienced positive results after using the product. Also, Clearasil comes in multiple sizes as well as a size approved for carry on when flying by meeting TSA standards and guidelines. Clearasil caused my skin to become dry due to the peroxide in the product. I would also change the packaging to be more distinctive to make it stand out among the rest of the products on the shelf. But my experience with clearasil was overall successful.

Original review: June 5, 2017

I've used many products. Clearasil is available over the counter and is affordable and less expensive than other products, yet it's strong medicine. It does treat my acne to make it clear faster than home remedies. I can use it when I begin to see a breakout but I don't need to use it daily. It works well but it dries and irritates my skin, so I have to use it sparingly. I'd like it to be more gentle on my skin; it tends to irritate it and dry it out. I don't like the redness that occurs after using it and I usually have to then treat my skin with more moisturizers. I would love it if it smelled better but that'd be just a bonus.

Original review: June 4, 2017

I like how Clearasil has a variety of products for my skin. I have very oily skin and their products don't leave my skin oily or too dry or feeling tight. I have other acne products and nothing worked but when I tried Clearasil, it worked great for my skin. My face is much clearer. I am very satisfied.

Original review: June 3, 2017

I liked the Clearasil products a lot... cleared up my skin problems. I felt better about myself afterward -- It gave me confidence. My skin felt smooth, silky after using this product. I also liked how it's affordable. Moreover, I really liked how I could buy it from my neighborhood grocery store, like Kroger or Publix. I liked everything about it... did not see any issue with using it. It "got the job done," after I used this product. I would not change anything about this product.

Clearasil author review by ConsumerAffairs

The Clearasil brand is well-known for its acne-fighting products. Products are categorized in two groups: Clearasil Ultra, for fast-acting treatments and Clearasil Daily, for routine skin care.

• Skin care guide: On the Clearasil website you are able to take a 4-question quiz to determine the best way to treat your unique skin. Product recommendations follow the results.

• Expert advice online: You can search through many articles on the Clearasil website to learn more about your own skin, different types of acne treatment and answers to frequently asked questions concerning ingredients.

• Clearasil: Navigate to the "Special Offers" tab on the website and you'll find coupons for Clearasil products.

• Formula for sensitive skin: The Daily Clear Oil-Free Daily Face Wash Sensitive is a fragrance-free cleanser designed especially for people with sensitive but acne-prone skin. The formula is dermatologist-tested.

• Tinted treatment cream: Tinted creams reduce pimples while providing the same coverage as a cosmetic cover-up. It's easy to use and effective.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team