3.64/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Clearasil

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

21 Clearasil Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

No joke I've been crying for like 5 days. It left big burnt circles on my cheeks. I have no idea how to fix this and I'm only 16! If this scars my face I will be so mad. I used to have nice skin and now I have this. I don't trust this product and will never allow anyone I know to buy it. I will never forgive the damage it did to me. IF YOU ARE READING THIS DO NOT BUY THE ACNE SPOT TREATMENT. YOU WILL REGRET IT!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I have used Clearasil for many years. When I saw they had the acne spot treatment dots I was excited. My daughter and I used them and well, what can I say other than it looks like she had cigarettes put out on her face as well as mine. Yes. It burnt our face and at this point it looks as if my daughter's face will be scarred from it. We followed directions and we have used other acne dot treatments that worked well. I am beyond furious and will be contacting the company for a resolution. I would not waste 10.00 on this product since I have spent about 40.00 in products to try and reverse the damage it did.

Get expert buying tips about Acne Treatment delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I have been using Clearasil since I was a teenager and suddenly noticed that the tube I had used for ages was no longer available. I ended up buying another type of tinted Clearasil but it didn't dry correctly and I ended up permanently staining my pillowcases and sheets. So I looked at their products again and bought one that claimed to have an instant effect on blemishes. WHAT A RIPOFF!!! It doesn't do any good whatsoever. I going to demand a refund from the drugstore I bought it from and I'll never buy any Clearasil products again.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

Hi. I recently purchased your Clearasil rapid action treatment and I have to say it's the biggest waste of money I have spent, this hasn't done a thing like advertised on your packaging. It hasn't started to clear up in 4 hours. If anything it's done nothing. I bought this on Thursday last week and done everything the instructions have stated and like I say it's done nothing. I am hugely disappointment. I always buy your products but on this occasion I feel very let down. This isn't cheap either!

Original review: June 3, 2017

I liked the Clearasil products a lot... cleared up my skin problems. I felt better about myself afterward -- It gave me confidence. My skin felt smooth, silky after using this product. I also liked how it's affordable. Moreover, I really liked how I could buy it from my neighborhood grocery store, like Kroger or Publix. I liked everything about it... did not see any issue with using it. It "got the job done," after I used this product. I would not change anything about this product.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Clearasil?

Original review: June 6, 2017

Clearasil was the product chosen by me partially because of its reputation within the skin care industry and also its competitive pricing. The pricing of Clearasil is competitive with other over the counter products, clearasil is easy to use and I experienced positive results after using the product. Also, Clearasil comes in multiple sizes as well as a size approved for carry on when flying by meeting TSA standards and guidelines. Clearasil caused my skin to become dry due to the peroxide in the product. I would also change the packaging to be more distinctive to make it stand out among the rest of the products on the shelf. But my experience with clearasil was overall successful.

Original review: June 5, 2017

I've used many products. Clearasil is available over the counter and is affordable and less expensive than other products, yet it's strong medicine. It does treat my acne to make it clear faster than home remedies. I can use it when I begin to see a breakout but I don't need to use it daily. It works well but it dries and irritates my skin, so I have to use it sparingly. I'd like it to be more gentle on my skin; it tends to irritate it and dry it out. I don't like the redness that occurs after using it and I usually have to then treat my skin with more moisturizers. I would love it if it smelled better but that'd be just a bonus.

Original review: June 2, 2017

This is a product that doesn't work as well as claimed. I think they are ineffective and not worth the money. They didn't work when I was a kid. Then I used it when I was a teenager and I am in my fifties now. Maybe now Clearasil work. But I didn't like that they took so long to work. Maybe they have improved by now, but I wouldn't let my kids use it if I was a parent now. I would recommend something else. They are probably reformulated, but I started using straight ** cream instead and it works better. I still use that if I get a stray pimple. I would recommend buying ** gel which is much cheaper and recommended by doctors.

Original review: May 28, 2017

I chose Clearasil because of the brand name. It really works great, clears up the acne well and rarely comes back. I have used others in the past but this one was the best for its price. On the other hand, it is a little pricey and it burned my skin a little but that meant it was working after using it a few times. I got used to it and it quit burning after a while. Other than that, Clearasil has met all my expectations. My skin felt fresh and clean, and I would recommend this for anyone that wants something that works on acne.

Original review: May 23, 2017

I chose this brand because my step mom started letting me use hers when I hit puberty and when I started getting acne, I noticed how well it worked after two days of use. I have loved Clearasil since then. It meets my expectations, my skin felt refreshed and clean and no side effects. Plus, you can buy it at Walgreens, Walmart and Dollar General. However, it sometimes doesn’t work after a while so I end up using and purchasing more expensive and less effective product. This becomes annoying and discourages me from trying another item. Nonetheless, Clearasil is fairly priced, has a very decent scent and it doesn't burn my face or make my skin extremely dry like other products do.

Clearasil expert review by ConsumerAffairs

The Clearasil brand is well-known for its acne-fighting products. Products are categorized in two groups: Clearasil Ultra, for fast-acting treatments and Clearasil Daily, for routine skin care.

• Skin care guide: On the Clearasil website you are able to take a 4-question quiz to determine the best way to treat your unique skin. Product recommendations follow the results.

• Expert advice online: You can search through many articles on the Clearasil website to learn more about your own skin, different types of acne treatment and answers to frequently asked questions concerning ingredients.

• Clearasil: Navigate to the "Special Offers" tab on the website and you'll find coupons for Clearasil products.

• Formula for sensitive skin: The Daily Clear Oil-Free Daily Face Wash Sensitive is a fragrance-free cleanser designed especially for people with sensitive but acne-prone skin. The formula is dermatologist-tested.

• Tinted treatment cream: Tinted creams reduce pimples while providing the same coverage as a cosmetic cover-up. It's easy to use and effective.

• Best for: The Clearasil product line is aimed at young people experiencing a variety of acne-related problems.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs