Benadryl

Compare Allergy Medicine

Research top Allergy Medicine recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I buy mine at Walmart but it's available in most of the drug stores I've visited. I like the extended capsules and sometimes the liquid if I've got a sore or a tickle in my throat. It works, no matter the season or the symptoms. I would highly recommend. Treats the worst of my symptoms including sinus pressure and headaches, runny nose, watery, itchy eyes, sore throat, nasal and chest congestion. I prefer the extended capsules so I can take care of things during the day and sleep at night.

I've never had any real problems. Sometimes, it can make me drowsy but not enough to interfere with my daily life. I don't know anyone who uses it who's had any side effects and it's recommended by my doctor. It's a competitive price and at Walmart, the generic version of BENADRYL is less expensive than the "brand" names. I've never found any difference in the formula or how it works as compared to "brand" names. As a senior who takes allergy medicine quite a bit, especially in the winter and spring, it makes a difference to my fixed income.

Benadryl is the only product that relieves my allergies. I take it almost daily and not only does it help my allergies but it also allows me to get a good night's sleep. I won't buy any other product. I am allergic to pollen, dust, grass, cats, and pretty much everything outdoors. Taking Benadryl before going outside always helps me deal with these allergies. It makes me drowsy so I usually only take it before bed so I won't feel sleepy all day. It really helps though so I take it if I really need it. The price is reasonable and they offer coupons for Benadryl very often. Having a sale would help me stock up though so maybe one day they will offer a sale or something if I buy in bulk.

It's always available in liquid of pills. I've never had a problem of it being out of stock. Walmart, CVS always carry but Dollar General harder to find. They run out. My eyes watery and itchy and throat scratchy and runny nose. With that feeling in the back of your throat that a cold is brewing. Along with post nasal drip down the throat. The one reason most buy it is because the side effect is drowsiness and helps you sleep which is why some buy it just to help sleep. Doesn't help you sleep whole night so dosage needs to be repeated. Price is fairly fair at Walmart and Dollar General but Walgreens is pretty high and CVS if no deal is running at the time. So use coupons if you can.

When I'm sick with my allergy I take Benadryl and it put me to sleep and I'm able to sleep good for the night and wake up feeling 10 times better. You get stuffed up and head hurts bad, you can't smell anything or taste things sometime, when you have it take 1 or 2 pill to help you get better. It don't kick in right away, it take 15 to 30 minutes before the medicine kicks in, it best to take it at night and lay down for the night, the next day you should feel a lot better then. It usually cost $5 to buy it at Walgreens or Walmart, Benadryl comes in a pink box and you can find it in the allergy aisle at Walgreens store, and you might find a small box.

It is over the counter. I can find it in any drugstore no matter where I am. It's stocked in other stores like Walmart and Target. I never have to worry if I forget it when I am traveling. I have seasonal allergies in the spring and fall. I suffer badly from pollen and molds after a rainfall. I am so uncomfortable that I must take Benadryl to control these symptoms. The side effects include sleepiness. This is well documented. Obviously I don't take it when I need to drive. If I have to be active and alert I cannot take this medication. The price is high considering the variety of generics available. I have found high quality generics that are way less expensive than the brand so why would I pay so much more when I don't have to?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Benadryl?

It is available almost everywhere in different forms (pill, chewable, gel, liquid, etc). There is also a version available for almost all ages. Benadryl treated almost all symptoms associated with allergies: sneezing, itching, congestion, hives, cough, etc. Symptoms were targeted and treated immediately as if drug knew which areas to go to. Only major side effect I have ever experienced from Benadryl is drowsiness which can be serious throughout the day if you are somewhere you cannot lay down. Benadryl is relatively affordable depending on where it is bought. I prefer a dollar store or mass retailer like Walmart versus a pharmacy.

Usually right in the middle of the shelf when you're looking for allergy meds - definitely look for the pink color on the package to make finding it even easier! I've never not been able to find it in a store when I've gone looking for it! All in all it's a pretty well rounded drug all things considered. Absolutely no side effects for me, including the often mentioned drowsiness, so I'm more than happy to take it any time I'm in the need of allergy relief no matter what else is going on in my life.

My doctor had given me a prescription for my son's allergies which was Benadryl and it was available immediately. I was able to have the prescription filled at my local pharmacy. My son was plagued with hives and until he was tested we didn't know that he was allergic to grass, mold, mildew. Taking the Benadryl alleviated his hives until the next episode. I did not view any side effects. The Benadryl he took was in liquid form and he didn't even complain about its taste. The prescription worked! I would have paid anything but it's been over 45 years ago and I don't remember how much we paid for the prescription. He still has allergies but takes something much stronger than Benadryl.

Benadryl has always been available just about everywhere that I shop which I really appreciate considering that my daughters can have severe allergic reactions that only Benadryl seems to work on. My youngest daughter has had extreme eczema and horrible rashes that will begin after she's been exposed to certain things. Benadryl has always worked well to halt the rash. My 11 year old daughter hasn't had any side effects other than feeling a little drowsy approximately an hour or so after taking the Benadryl. So far we have hadn't to deal with any bad side effects. Benadryl is reasonably priced which our large family of 8 really appreciates when we have to resort to purchasing over the counter medications. I'm thankful that this doesn't cost too much for us.

Benadryl is a very popular brand because it has a very good reputation because of its ability to really help allergies so it is widely available in stores. Benadryl has the upmost reputation for being a effective medicine for allergies. It does and helps everything it says it knocks out all your symptoms. And gives you relief over your allergies. Benadryl helps relieve your symptoms without all the terrible side effects most medicine gives you so you get quality relief without having to suffer unwanted side effects. With Benadryl doing all that it does with no side effects you would think you would pay a bunch but it is very inexpensive. You get affordable relief for pennies on the dollar.

I can always find it. It's a bit tough though because it's stocked by its medical name and not by the brand name but searching for Diphenhydramine always yields results. It helps clear up a stuffy nose really fast and keeps it clear for a long time. The side effect is that it makes you sleepy so it's best not to take it in the morning. This will make me very drowsy so sometimes I'll use it as a sleeping pill when I cant sleep. I don't recommend doing it all the time just in case. It's really cheap at $5.00 per bottle at my local drug store and considering that a bottle usually lasts me a year, it's a good investment.

My local gas station sale Benadryl and they never run out. This is the reason why it is helpful to others. This is what I would describe it to somebody. The Benadryl relived my sneezing, and my other allergies. Benadryl is the best allergy medication it is to me. I like it a lot and I did not experience any side effects from this medication besides making me drowsy. I like the fact that I do not experience too many side effects from Benadryl. The price of this medication was cheap. This is what I would tell my friends. My friends will like this medication a lot.

I have always been able to find this product wherever I shop. Walmart always the lowest price but if I am shopping at the grocery store I am sure to be able to find it. I have experienced the runny nose, but also blocked nose at times. Itchy and watery eyes usually accompany this. In addition one of my dogs has terrible allergies and even though she is on medication for it sometimes she needs that extra help. 1 tablet per 25 lbs for pets. I have never had any side effects from using this over the counter allergy medicine but I really do not take it that often. The prescribed dosage seems to be very effective and non drowsy. The price is very reasonable. I can usually find it at Walmart, Target and my grocery store for $4.49 for a 24 count package. To me and relief it provides this is a extremely good value.

Never had any problems finding it in the stores and it is sold in many different stores throughout the United States. Available for children and adults. Benadryl comes in varieties and it treats colds and allergies. If you don't know if it's a cold or an allergy it is safe to take Benadryl. Used Benadryl for many years and used it on my children too. My husband also takes it. Have never had any problems so have no idea what the side effects are. It is not too cheap but not highly expensive either. Even if it was expensive I would still buy it because it works great. Rather spend more money on a medicine that works than less on one that doesn't.

You can find this on a shelf in every store. Not only in name brand but also in store brand. Liquid and pill form. Very low cost and easy to find due to the color. It only seems to work when I have a mild reaction to food. Does nothing for my stuffy nose, runny nose, itchy watery eyes. Just seems to make me sleepy and not solve the problem. It will make you drowsy. If I take the recommended dose it knocks me out hard. Could never take it when the kids were younger because I would sleep through them crying. It is a very cheap allergy medicine. Matter of fact it is the cheapest. I got over 30 pills for less than $5. Lasted well over a month due to not being able to take the recommended dose.

It can be found in most stores and pharmacies and is available at a fair and affordable price. It is helpful for when you have nasal allergies along with all the symptoms that go along with it. It is a reliable source of over-the-counter medication for nasal allergies and its symptoms during the whole year, and is available in different varieties to treat different types of symptoms that someone may be suffering from. If taken as directed you shouldn't have any problems, but I am sensitive to many kinds of medicine so only took a minimum amount to achieve the results that I was looking for. It worked too well at times and caused me to be overly dry. I was happy with the price for the type of product and size and quantity of package, but still was happy to see it was on sale and had a discount coupon as well.

It gave quick relief needed for my itchy, watery eyes and runny nose during the pollen season. We also used it when I was stung by an insect of some sort and it relieved the swelling and itching. When I was bitten by whatever it was, I suffered swelling and "hot" itching on my foot and it gave me relief for that problem too. I was satisfied with the product. It gave me the relief I was seeking during the allergy season and later with the insect bite. I, myself, have never experienced any side effects when using it. I found the product to be competitive in price to other name brands. I think I paid around $11 for 100 tablets. You can probably get the same type of product using the store brand, but I'm not sure you would get the same relief.

I love this med, you can find it at any store and any gas station. You can also find it online. I would recommend this to anyone or anybody. You can't go wrong with this med. This med took all my symptoms away. Runny nose itchy eyes, you name it, it took it anyway. Works great for all your allergies. This med has no side effects like some other meds out there that treat the same thing. I would buy this everyday. The price for this product is outstanding, considering other meds that treat the same thing are so expensive. I would recommend this med to anyone, because the price is so cheap but it works so well everyone should buy.

Benadryl is available in all stores where I normally shop. It can be found in grocery sore, pharmacies, and most mass merchandisers. It is very easy to find Benadryl. It comes in pill form or liquid. It stopped me from sneezing immediately. My eyes quit tearing up and the redness and swelling went down quite a bit within minutes of taking. When I take Benadryl, I get very sleepy. It does help me sleep, but I feel very sleepy the next day. I have no ambition to do what I need to do. The price of Benadryl is comparable to other allergy medicines. It is one of the cheapest brands on the market, for the same amount of other name brands.

It is usually available, if not usually can find elsewhere. It is a brand that has been around for a very long time so I am quite confident of its availability. Benadryl, to me, can treat more than one symptom you may be experiencing. Of course, it can help with allergies as far as the runny nose, the itchy and watery eyes. It also can be taken to help you sleep better. I personally do not like the side effect that it has had on me. When I take it I become drowsy. That is ok if I need it at bedtime but not during the day. Some may not be bothered by this effect. I would recommend this product based on the price. I do think there is a generic offered as well which will cost even less. Different stores might vary in prices but not by much.

It is available at Walmart and pretty much anywhere that has some sort of a pharmacy. They do have off brands and have it in liquid also. They have it in pill form too. I take it when I start to itch... I have horribly allergens as well... I love taking it. It keeps me sleeping at night and I barely wake with taking it. The only side effect I have experience is the sleepiness. I take it at night so that I am well rested. I love that it causes sleepiness. It's a great price to pay. I have caught it on sale for the same price as the off brand. It is great. I really love the price. I enjoy having coupons as well.

You can buy it at any drugstore, grocery store or major retailer. Over the counter and easy to use. Also comes available in many different forms. Gets rid of hives in a very timely manner. Makes you very drowsy though so be sure to take it when you are at home and not operating a vehicle. Should be taken while you are home from work or at night before bed. Will make you fall asleep if you aren't careful while you are taking. And definitely don't drink alcohol with this. Pretty much all over the counter stuff like this is middle of the road pricing. Can be on sale for a really great price when you look for it.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Benadryl Allergy is an antihistamine, and Benadryl’s Allergy/Cold formula is a combination antihistamine, analgesic and decongestant that is used for cold and allergy relief. The company has a range of products for adults and children, including tablets, liqui-gels, liquid, topical creams and gels.

• Find your product: Find the best Benadryl product for you on their website using their convenient filters. Filter by symptom and category to see which product is best for your needs.
  • Print coupons: Print coupons for Benadryl products from home without signing up for an email list or newsletter.
  • Allergy tips for kids: Learn the best ways to prevent and treat allergies in your children by reading Benadryl’s online resources. You can also learn to spot whether your child has a cold or allergies.
  • Dye-free: Benadryl’s liqui-gels and liquid syrups are available in a dye-free formula, which means there are no colors added that might cause additional side effects.
  • Effective at night: Benadryl can cause drowsiness, which some people may appreciate when they suffer from allergy symptoms at night. Note that the product should never be used as a sleep aid for adults or children, but rather that its formula will not prevent you from falling asleep.
  • Best for Benadryl is best for adults and children with colds, sinus pressure, allergy symptoms and/or itchy skin who do not need a non-drowsy formula.

Compare Allergy Medicine