3.9/5 (497 ratings)
Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

About Beachbody

Beachbody is a leading provider of fitness, nutrition and weight loss programs. Its customers can choose from a wide variety of workout styles to reach their fitness goals. From active workouts to the Shakeology program, Beachbody’s programs are easily accessible and deliver results.

Pros

• Exercise and diet guidance
  • Provides support and motivation
  • Wide variety of programs

Cons

• Costly program upgrades

Bottom Line

Beachbody’s diverse weight loss programs are pricey, but the results may be worth the money. With a strong community and access to a coach, each program gives you a personalized weight loss experience.

Top Beachbody Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I started Beachbody and over the last year between diet and exercise, I'm down over 42 pounds. I'm in not the best shape of my life, but after having a baby, I literally cannot be...

Verified

I love Beachbody. I love the easy access. I love the shakes. I love my preworkout. I love being a coach. I would recommend it to anyone any day of the week. However … Beachbody n...

What is Beachbody?

Beachbody’s weight loss programs motivate and encourage you to follow through with your health and fitness goals. One of Beachbody’s benefits is the emphasis on its community, which provides participants with an active support system. Another highlight is the Beachbody app. Through the app, users have easy access to workouts, meal plans and fitness tracking tools.

How does Beachbody work?

Beachbody offers a variety of products and services, but all of them share the same goal: to make weight loss easier. Participants sign up with a Beachbody coach who guides them through their weight loss journey. These coaches help them choose a program and find products that give them the results they want.

The Beachbody diet program is one of the company’s more popular services. Although there is no specific scientific study backing the program, the company based this diet on common weight loss principles. For instance, the 21 Day Fix eliminates added sugar and refined carbohydrates, which are known to contribute to weight gain.

Beachbody programs

There are several Beachbody programs. Each one has different benefits, such as workout videos and Beachbody meal plans.

• 21 Day Fix: This weight loss program allows you to lose as many as 15 pounds in three weeks. The plan comes with workout DVDs and meal plan recipes that control your portions. The program typically costs around $70, but the price varies depending on the exact products you purchase.
  • Beachbody on Demand: Beachbody on Demand is a streaming service that gives you immediate access to the company’s meal and fitness programs along with support from a Beachbody coach. With this service, you can stream content anywhere with an internet connection. Subscribers also receive workout calendars and weight loss tracking tools. The service costs $99 a year, but there are short-term options available.
  • 2B Mindset: Beachbody’s 2B Mindset program focuses on helping you lose weight by showing you what you can eat instead of what you can't. The program comes with a 30-day meal plan, video recipes, recipe books and coaching to help you accomplish your goal. The starting cost for the 2B Mindset is $119.
  • Ultimate Portion Fix: This program expands the 21 Day Fix into 30 days and recommends Beachbody’s Shakeology products, fruits and vegetables. Like the 21 Day Fix, this program has you use containers to measure out your portions. Costs start at $74, and buyers get access to cooking videos, resources and the Beachbody community.
  • The Monthly Fix: While the Ultimate Portion Fix comes with 30 days of meal plans and support, the Monthly Fix takes things one step further. After you purchase the Ultimate Portion Fix, you can pay $19.95 a month to get 24/7 access to The Monthly Fix. This gives you FIXATE recipes, meal plans, check-ins and ongoing support from the community. Billing is automatic every month until you cancel.
  • Beachbody Ultimate Reset: Beachbody Ultimate Reset is a 21-day cleanse that eliminates bad foods and toxins from your diet. The base kit costs $199.95, which includes supplements designed to cleanse your body, a three-part nutrition plan and fitness tips.

Compare Beachbody costs

Ultimate Portion Fix$7430 days
The Monthly Fix$19.9530 days
Beachbody Ultimate Reset$199.9521 days

Beachbody FAQ

How much does Beachbody cost?
Beachbody’s programs start at approximately $60 for the 21 Day Fix base plan. However, the cost of Beachbody varies based on the program you choose and what other products you want.
How much is Beachbody on Demand?
Beachbody on Demand costs $99 for an annual subscription, $59 for a six-month membership and $38.87 for a three-month plan. The more you pay in advance, the more you save monthly.
How many workouts are on Beachbody on Demand?
Beachbody on Demand has more than 700 workouts, and the platform regularly adds new exercises.
How easy is it to follow the Beachbody diet?
Beachbody provides you with a variety of tools to simplify the diet and make it easier to follow. Beachbody’s community, resources and portion control tools all encourage you to stick to the program.
What’s the best Beachbody program for weight loss?
Beachbody’s 21 Day Fix is its most popular program for weight loss.
Does Beachbody work without Shakeology?
Beachbody recommends Shakeology with its programs, but it doesn’t require them. The most important thing to do is stick to your dietary guidelines as much as possible.
How much exercise does Beachbody require?
Beachbody’s 21 Day Fix requires 30 minutes of movement every day. Not all Beachbody programs require exercise, but they all suggest it.
How does Beachbody coaching work?
When you sign up for Beachbody, you get a coach. Their job is to share information about programs and products, then help you get the most from your purchases. They are not qualified personal trainers or nutritionists, but they do have extensive knowledge of Beachbody’s products.

Bottom line: Does Beachbody work?

Beachbody offers an extensive selection of products suited for long-term and short-term weight loss goals. Like any diet or exercise program, Beachbody only works if you follow the program. If you stick to the recommendations and guidelines, you are likely to get results. In fact, most Beachbody plans come with a satisfaction guarantee.

Beachbody Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Beachbody?

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

I understand that places are short staffed right now and Covid took a toll on a lot of businesses. However, this is the second month in a row I have received the wrong order from Beachbody. This time I ordered Energize and got Shakeology. I don’t even use the Shakeology as I am allergic to it. They have replaced my order. But instead of apologizing and saying it was their fault they blamed Fed Ex?? Why is Fed Ex filling your orders? And the customer service guy tried to charge me for re-shipping my order? For real? He finally stopped talking long enough for me to say I would be canceling all further orders and then he decided to refund my original expedited shipping I paid for and they’re resending my order expedited. I really do love their supplements but this is getting a little ridiculous. I am Getting really frustrated at them at this point. One time…ok it was a mistake. But repeatedly sending me the wrong order is just plain neglect on quality control.

Hi Kristen,

We are truly sorry you were sent the incorrect item.

A reshipment has been processed and is scheduled for delivery on September 10, 2021.

We have provided our contact details via email to gather additional information regarding your experience.

Beachbody

Get buying tips about Weight Loss Programs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 26, 2021

I bought their protein shake in June, I made sure that I chose a one time buy because I wanted to try it out and was not ready to commit. Come July, they charge my card again with claims that I made a monthly subscription. Talking to customer care, it is like a back and forth argument on whether or not I chose the monthly subscription. I am transferred to a couple of people and told that they cannot issue a free return label because there is nothing wrong with the protein powder and that I will be charged $9 for a return label. They refused to issue a refund even if I did not authorize the purchase. This is feels like sneaky theft!!!!

Hello Eva,

We confirmed that on June 26, 2021, you purchased a 3-Day Refresh and Shakeology Challenge Pack.

Please note, all Challenge Packs included a monthly subscription. This is the reason your monthly Shakeology Cafe Latte Vegan order was processed on July 26, 2021. We have canceled your subscription and provided a return label to return the item.

Beachbody

Original review: July 10, 2021

I contacted a coach to try out the Hydration stuff and apparently they signed me up for the monthly subscription. I did not realize this until a month later when they charged me for it again. I immediately went to the website to try to cancel it, however it said the order was "processing" so could not be cancelled, nor did it give me an option myself to cancel my subscription or remove my debit card on file. It gave me a run around to the point that I was texting customer service and they said that I had to return the item to get my money back, but that they would cancel my subscription. This time, I accepted that fact and trusted that this is how it would go down. I even checked the website under membership/subscriptions and it no longer showed that I was signed up for anything. A month later, they charged me for it yet again! Once again, I got the same run around.

30 minutes later on the phone, they directed me to the Resolution Center (because apparently customer service is not enough for these reoccurring problems) where they still tried telling me that they would cancel and I would have to send the item back to get my money back. I was not accepting of that answer this time when I did not authorize the sale. Finally, they agreed to refund me my money and cancel my subscription and I could keep my current product that was being shipped. Although I did not want the product, they said that they could not cancel the shipment (even though it had not shipped yet).

A couple of days later, I received an email stating that my subscription was finally cancelled and I received a PARTIAL refund!! They still kept the money for shipping and taxes! I sat on the phone for 30 minutes on hold, waiting for the Resolution Center yet again when they simply just hung up on me while on hold.... I also never received my refund for the item a month prior that I shipped back. This company is an absolute scam and left me with no choice but to shut down my debit card since it was still on file and they refused to take it off. I do not trust that they would still charge me for stuff that I did not authorize. My "coach" was also no help as she ignored my messages and still posted on social media about her "company paid vacations" that they gave her, which I now know came out of the customers' pockets from all of these scams. I wish I would have looked at online reviews prior to falling for this. Buyer Beware!

Hi Kaylee,

We are truly sorry you were billed for a product although you've previously requested to cancel.

We have confirmed your subscriptions are cancelled and no further charges will process.

A refund has also been processed for the most recent charge.

Beachbody

Original review: June 25, 2021

Beachbody is an all-in-one solution for fitness, health, and motivation to help meet your health and fitness goals. The line of Beachbody products all motivated me to push myself to meet new health and fitness goals.

Hi Austin,

We are pleased to hear how well Beachbody is helping you to achieve your fitness goals.

Keep up the good work!

Original review: June 22, 2021

I signed up for a trial membership, which I cancelled within the 14 day trial period. I was just charged for a membership! I contacted customer service, first, via text. It took 50 minutes for the person to tell me they couldn't see the charge on their end (it is showing as pending in my bank) and they would 'watch my account', and when they saw the charge come through they would refund me. I called customer service next to try to resolve it that way. I tried to explain the situation to this second person. I could barely understand her and I asked her if there was a customer service manager, or someone in the US, I could speak with, she then hung up on me. I made a THIRD call, immediately asked for a manager and was transferred to Christine on the "Escalation Team". In 7 minutes the issue was resolved and the money credited back to my account. It took me close to an hour, and a LOT of frustration, to accomplish something that should have taken 7 minutes.

Hi Sharon,

We apologize for your experience with our customer service support. We value our customers and our goal is to always provide excellent service. Upon reviewing your account, we confirmed your subscription was successfully cancelled on June 22, 2021. A refund has also been provided for the Beachbody On Demand billing.

Please accept our apologies for your experience.

Original review: June 10, 2021

They need to address the seniors needs as to our special exercises versus everyone else. They put everyone under a general umbrella which is non all inclusive.

That needs to change in order to keep their membership.

Original review: May 11, 2021

I signed up hoping this will help me. I struggled my whole life with my weight and figured this may work. After a year of dedication and workouts and making monthly payments I’ve seen no change so I’ve decided to cancel. I used the chat option to cancel the plan and I received a confirmation of cancellation. 2 weeks later I was charged $100. Apparently if I don’t sign a form it won’t cancel. I called to dispute the charge the same day and I was given the runaround. Your methods of customer service sucks and I will never recommend anyone to use your program again. Btw I’m still not being honored my refund because now my account is cancelled and my information is miraculously lost.

Hello Cristina,

Upon reviewing our systems, we see there was a request submitted to delete your account information.

Your account was successfully deleted on May 9, 2021. We are unable to review any prior account history to process a refund.

Here is a link to our FAQ regarding the request to delete an account:

Original review: April 14, 2021

I called and cancelled my membership and everything that went with it 38 months ago mainly because I wasn't using the products and didn't want to waste any more of my money. I spoke to a lady who helped me cancel my memberships. Lo and behold, Beachbody has been charging my account ever since Jan 2018, because I didn't fill out a specific form. I was never told by anyone that I had to fill out an extra form. I spoke to a gentleman, yesterday, who helped me with the current situation and he told me that I would be getting a refund because of the situation. I then get an email from the company stating that I would get a partial "credit." Let me be very clear, I don't want anything to do with Beachbody, and haven't since January of 2018! I DON'T WANT A CREDIT! I want my money back.

Hello Sage,

Your coach account was successfully canceled on April 13, 2021.

We have issued additional refunds for the business service fee.

Please allow up to 3 business days to receive depending on your financial institution.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Original review: April 2, 2021

I have been a Beachbody member since April, 2020. I paid for a yearly subscription. Beachbody came out with a new program in January 2021 that I wanted to try and my coach encouraged me to try it out. She told me that I would have to pay $200 to get the new program, and included in that, would be a yearly subscription. I paid the $200, did the program, and now Beachbody is charging me another $135 for the yearly subscription. I called the customer service at Beachbody and told them what my coach said and they said there was "nothing to be done because I was outside of the 30 days to upgrade my membership". They said that I only purchased a 9 week program for $200!!!! And the yearly subscription wasn't included. Why in a million years would I pay $200 for only a 9 week program when it wouldn't include the yearly subscription and I was going to be charged $135 only 3 months later.

This company is a scam with horrible customer service. The "escalation" team member even agreed with my point and understood what had happened and they STILL wouldn't do anything about it. I was supposed to hear from corporate within 24-48 hours and haven't heard back. Would not recommend because if you ever have an issue, this billion dollar company will do nothing for you.

Hi Laura,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with us regarding your account. As discussed, a refund has been processed for the Beachbody On Demand charge. Please allow three business days to receive the refund depending on your financial institution.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

Really disgusted! Went to renew my membership online and could not believe they raised the 6 month membership by $20 and their 3 month membership by $25 DURING A GLOBAL PANDEMIC. People are forced to be home, millions are out of work and this company wants to take everything they have. They were over priced to begin with.

Hello Marni,

New members in Canada will have an increase due to the exchange rate by $10-$20 (based on membership). *Existing Beachbody On Demand members who join prior to January 6th will not be subject to the price change and will continue to be billed at their current rate until they cancel.

For more information, please review the following FAQ: https://faq.beachbody.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7555/catid/0/TLP/0.

Beachbody Company Information