Call toll free
  • 1 star
Based on 90 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Call toll free

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Americord is a pioneer in the development of umbilical cord blood, cord tissue, and placenta tissue banking. They’ve developed Cord Blood 2.0, a ground-breaking process that collects up to twice as many stem cells compared to traditional cord blood collection. Americord provides the quality and highest standards you are looking for. They are FDA registered and do not charge yearly storage fees. Call Americord today to see what they can offer your family.

Americord Gallery (2)
AA BB Accredited
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 8, 2018

126 Americord Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

My sister spoke to me about Americord and said that they did more testing than the other ones I've used. The person that I spoke with on the phone set everything up. He was very sweet, and he even gave me his track number which was really nice with any questions. I felt like I can call him with any questions, and they took care of everything. Someone from Americord came and picked it up. Overall, I had a fine experience and I would recommend them.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

Americord was responsive to my questions, and it was easy to get a hold of them. They were always available and they were always checking on me. The kit was easy to follow. Then my husband called them and they picked it up right away. We were kept on the loop with my son’s cord blood processing. I want to make sure that in the event that my son needs it, then it is there available for him. We had a good experience overall. I was lucky enough to get a discount being a health care worker and the cost was quite reasonable for us.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I had a good experience with Americord. It was timely and the package was easy to read and understand. I decided a year ago to bank my kids' cord blood was to protect their future. It can be used if there was any issue with the blood or any type of a disease. And in the future, there might be a new medicine or a cure using it.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

We are happy to have an option to take some measure of protection for our daughter against serious illnesses that she might end up having and decided to bank her cord blood. Americord's price made us pick them over other cord blood banks and it met our expectations. My husband coordinated everything with them but there was a little bit of confusion with their courier and I think he was a third party. He seems to not fully understand the protocol when came to the hospital to pick the cord blood up. Otherwise, everybody that we worked with directly through Americord seemed very good and helpful. Our experience was seamless and it seems worth our time and money if we run into the circumstances where it would be beneficial for us.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

Americord offered us to pay them a lump sum for all of the 20 years and not have to pay a fee. Banking the baby's cord blood is a preventive precaution. It may not be super useful today, but I don't know what's going to come up after three or five years. People are going to find out newer ways to use this and I would not want to be in a place where there is treatment available but I just don’t have the resource.

The specialist who did the extraction was from the hospital and the medical courier who picked up the samples was there within four hours of the delivery, which was in the middle of the night. So that was good. However, while the kit was easy, they could have educated me on what to do as far as it goes because we found out after opening the kit that we needed to take a sample before the delivery and it was already too late. I would suggest that they give instructions and not just hand the kit.

Also, one of the things that I’m not quite satisfied with the Americord experience is their follow up. They collected the samples but I don’t know what happened after. I don’t know how it is tracked. They'll store the cord, and it will be good for all the 20 years it gets stored. But there’s a lot of processes that happens before it goes into storage. I would like to be involved in every single part of that process, but I was not. I haven’t called them and see what is the status but I would expect something like this to be done by Americord. This can definitely be improved if Americord actually followed-up. Still, I’m satisfied with the way it was and I would recommend them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Americord?

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

We started researching about cord blood banking before we even got pregnant so we knew the benefits and the possibilities of having this tool could open in the future. If something goes wrong with the baby, we wanted to be safe and the benefits in the future are tremendous. The cost at Americord was better, plus the reviews and the experience other people have put online were much different. When we signed up, they were really on the ball and they followed up with us. The cord specialist was very attentive. He gave us our space when we wanted to look at other companies. He was also always available to answer questions all throughout the day that we got our kit and he was great throughout the way.

The paperwork was easy but the initial kit was a little bit confusing as to what was to be sent back and what we would have to do with that. I wish I would have had more details but I guess the first time was overwhelming. The doctor was also able to figure it out so it worked out in the end. We came in with very limited expectations, not knowing what cord blood banking was. The experience has been great so far. Everything is moving smoothly. We haven't had to use anything, we haven't had to contact the company. And hopefully we never have to but if we do, I'm sure everything will work out fine. So I love them. I'll recommend them to anybody who asks me.

Americord response

This is Martin, the CEO of Americord. Let me thank you for your kind words regarding your experience with Americord. I commend you for doing your research. It can be daunting, as there are numerous resources that explain the benefits, options, and the process of cord blood banking. I hope you found our Topic Center full of valuable information for your research.

I am sorry to hear that you experienced any confusion with our instruction steps. We strive to make the process as simple as possible. I will take your feedback back to the team for review in the hope of simplifying the collection process.

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

Americord offered more than other cord banks and also seemed the most appealing out of all of them. Their cord blood specialist was wonderful, very helpful and got everything resolved very quickly. I was on the fence if I should bank my baby's cord blood but I figured it was like a life insurance policy. Then it was unknown when I was going to go the hospital since I was on bed rest, yet within 24-48 hours I got the package on my doorstep. Overall, Americord has met all my expectations and everything has been positive so far.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

I had my last child’s cord blood banked since there could be health benefits for the child, for the siblings, and for myself. Also, since it was already our last child and my other children were not banked. I did some research and found that Americord was the most reasonable. It was a one-time fee for 18 years and they would bank all three pieces, the placenta, baby's cord, and tissue. And, the kit would be shipped international for free going back to them. Even more, the person I spoke with was really informative, knowledgeable, positive, accommodating, and has timely response. But the pick up for the kit did not go as planned. The carrier came to the hospital and he needed a sticker or label. The label was missing from the original box and even though Americord made it right, it took a lot longer than anticipated. Other than that, I had a great experience with them.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I liked the attention that Americord gave me. They were very kind, really down to earth and very approachable. I liked the accessibility to pay in part as well. It also helped me too. It was an amazing and fantastic experience. Everything was done very smoothly that I didn't even have to worry about anything. The explanation of when did we have to call, when they came and pick up the stuff was just simple. So far, I'm using just the banking and it is a great benefit. We did this to protect my daughter, to make sure I have a possible way to help her and assist her. I was trying to make a decision that could change her future somehow. If other people are wondering something about Americord, they should just do it. And hopefully, they can even do the whole package because I had to do a partial package. But if I could do all of it, I will.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

I spoke to lengths with different companies and a lot of them pulled the strings and tried to make emotional blackmail so I was a bit put off. But with Americord, the gentleman who I dealt with wasn't pushy. He left me to make up my mind and let me come back to him rather than kept calling me, and he was also knowledgeable. My wife was really keen to bank our baby's cord blood but I was ignorant about it and didn't want to be heavily sold to it as well, so Americord was a nice balance. They gave me all the information I needed. Also, they have a unique way to store and they’re really well priced in the market. Everything was stored fine, and we would be paying for 15 months. I had a good experience with them overall.

Americord response

This is Martin, the CEO of Americord. Let me first thank you for your thoughtful words regarding your experience with Americord. Our team prides itself on providing each family with the best experience. That starts with our Cord Blood Specialists providing informative knowledge that allows each family to make an informed decision that is right for their family. We are pleased you choose Americord.

Americord as a company is always trying to improve our client experience and would welcome you to provide any feedback on how we could have made your experience even better. Please give us a call at 1-800-503-6005 ext 2.

Thank you for taking the time to provide this valuable feedback.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

Banking my baby's cord is like an insurance policy and I signed up with Americord for that over a year ago. I like their price and everything's been fine. If people want to do it, they should try it.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

We did some research and Americord was the best option for us financially. We're preparing for the future in case something happens and we need our baby's cord blood. Every time I've called them, they've been very helpful and answered every question. My husband dealt with the carrier and it was also good.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Among the nationally recognized cord blood banks, Americord gave me the best offer. We also researched online and the online reviews were good for them. We got a very good response when we called to inquire about their services. There was also a discount if we made a full payment and it came with a 20-year prepaid plan. The specialists were really good. Whoever provided the on-call service was really prompt. We contacted a couple of days in advance, but we got the kit quickly and we were able to turn it over. The information inside the kit was also very detailed.

After the cord blood was delivered, we had a couple of questions and we were interacting with one of the customer service representatives. She was very responsive. She gave us an online portal where we can look at our records, but it didn't have all the details. It didn't specifically say until what date was it valid. I knew it was 20 years, but I didn't know the exact date. I expected the portal to give me a complete information, but the information was more on scientific terms. It was a little bit vague and I expected the information to be in layman's term.

After the cord blood reaches you and the touch points after that, those are the places where the improvement is required. The 20-year term is a very long time. I don't have to be searching for the contract 10 years down the line. If there's an online portal which gives me all the details, that would be very helpful. There should also be a referral benefit available for both the parties or even one party. Nevertheless, the experience with Americord was good and the expectations were met. I would suggest it.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

As a grandmother I could not think of a better gift for my first grandchild. Americord made the experience so easy. The staff was helpful, kind and knowledgeable. The courier pick up was quick and easy. My daughter appreciated the white glove service. She received a follow-call within 48 hours of collection from the client services team confirming that my granddaughter's stem cells had been safely stored. I highly recommend Americord.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

Americord's prices were competitive. Their reps seemed knowledgeable and nice. They explained everything to me and made it easy to understand. Their service was what I was looking for and for what I was trying and am doing, the value definitely was great. They texted me when they picked the kit off and they had come right away. I also appreciated the text message because that was a lot easier than answering the phone at that time. The process was simple and easy, and it was a good experience overall.

Americord response

This is Martin, the CEO of Americord. I am happy to hear that you had a positive experience interacting with our teams. We are committed to providing the best experience at all times.

Americord prides itself on our ability to provide our competitively priced, high-quality product for a number of reasons. We do not pay doctors a referral fee, we do not employ a large pharma-rep type sales staff and do not have the excessive budgets that go along with supporting that. We simply pass the savings on directly to the client. We feel it is important to offer the option of cord blood banking to every family.

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

Americord was easy to use and there was a good amount of information on the website. I also liked the one-time payment rather than paying yearly. When I called the 1-800 number, the interaction I had with their cord blood specialist was fine and then, the process went smooth. The courier was also good. We called them and they were at the hospital fairly quick and waiting. Banking our baby's cord blood gave us more peace of mind. Everything went well and I have given their information off to other friends and family.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

With all things happening, we wanted to be on the safer side. We wanted to protect our baby. I was comparing Americord at that time and decided on them due to their location and pricing. Their rep explained all the stuff and he responded in a timely manner. We had a little glitch at the hospital when they took all the collections but didn't zip it up. The delivery guy, though, cross-checked if everything is intact and he found that it was not zipped, so he zipped it. The courier who picked it up came on time like what they promised and we got a notification when they would come. It went as planned and whatever I wanted, I got. Everything went smoothly from getting the cord until cutting and confirming and including payments. All is good with Americord.

Americord response

This is Martin, the CEO of Americord. Firstly, I’d like to thank you for your kind word and valuable feedback. We work hard to make sure that our cord blood specialists and client service representatives make things as easy as possible for expectant families.

We seek to offer excellence in our service, if we could have made your experience even better, please give us a call at 1-800-503-6005 ext 2, our Client Services team would be happy to speak with you in depth.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I spoke with someone from Americord and they had a good plan with good payment options. Plus, it was a simple and easy process. The rep I talked to was great. She was extremely knowledgeable and helpful. Eight months ago, when my daughter was born, we didn't want the placenta but we wanted the cord blood. So we were trying to figure out exactly how we needed to do this thing. They were very responsive and answered all of my questions. They knew what they were doing which helped relieve a lot of stress at that point in the process.

The kit was very simple. It was very clear and easy for the hospital to understand exactly what they needed to do. It has made something that was very important to us very easy to do. Plus, everything went great when the courier picked up the kit. I have a family history of different types of cancers. We wanted to have the stem cell in the option for treatment and have the opportunity for all of the things that they can potentially do down the road. Americord is efficient and cost-effective and I would highly recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I wanted to have some kind of insurance for my baby. My friend's son had a disease and they cannot find the match. She's a doctor and she told me to save cord blood. I also did a research and it's a safe way to save it right now. Also, it's a personal decision that I've taken. Americord's price is cheaper than other blood banks and also, they also take the one-time price and I don't pay every year. The rep I spoke with was nice and she sent everything I needed. My husband called and somebody came and picked up the cord blood. I'm very satisfied with Americord. But I hope I would never have to use it.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

Banking my baby’s cord blood felt like it was a good idea. It may be my last child and my last chance to do it. It’s a protection against diseases or conditions in the future. Americord talked me through everything and they gave me their direct number, even their personal cell phone number to call. I hired them in a matter of weeks before I was having my son, so it was all a fast process. They made sure that they were available and I felt more comfortable with them. They have exceeded my expectations and it was a positive experience all around.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I did research and, as far as the pricing and the length of time, Americord was really the best option for our family. It has met my expectations and it’s very valuable. I decided to bank my baby’s cord blood because I see it as like an insurance because you never know. I feel like it’s protection for all of us and also, in the hopes that if my fiancé or I ever need it, one of us would be able to benefit from it as well. My cord blood was readily available and, even though I did everything last minute, they accommodated me very well. They overnighted everything to me the day before and I spoke to them while I was on my way to the hospital. It’s very convenient and they were pretty good, and the courier who picked up the kit was fine. They came right to the hospital and I had my fiancé run it down to them and everything worked out. My experience with Americord was a seamless transaction.

Americord response

This is Martin, the CEO of Americord. Let me first thank you for your kind words regarding the quality of the service you received. We are pleased you choose Americord.

I commend you on your research process. It can be daunting, as there are numerous resources that explain the benefits, options, and the process of cord blood banking. I hope you found our Topic Center full of valuable information for your research.

Should you wish to provide additional feedback on how we could have made your experience even better, our Client Services team would be happy to speak with you in depth. Please give us a call at 1-800-503-6005 ext 2.

Sincerely,

Marty

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

My experience with Americord was mostly positive. We had done it with our first baby and we figured that if there was a possibility that it’d be used, we might as well do it. And we could afford it. I liked how Americord offered the pay upfront option rather than the monthly option. However, we ended up being charged by our doctor to collect it. When I spoke to Americord, they said that they would reimburse that, and that was a bit of a process. I had to follow up probably three times in order for them to do it. So that was the main issue. But everyone I spoke to was nice.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

Americord had the best information about the cord blood banking, stem cell banking for baby as well as stem cell banking for mom. That provides a better exact match to mom. They also had a great online presence and how they did their information than all of the other companies, so I felt comforted and confident. When I signed up, I got a message from them congratulating me. As I get closer to the due date, I received positive encouragement from them. They also sent me a message to keep the kit at room temperature. I was pregnant throughout the winter and if they hadn’t sent that additional text message, we were going to keep the kit in the car, which would have made the whole kit void.

However, the labels were confusing and tough to understand. I wanted to bank part of my placenta, my cord blood and the cord tissue, as well as to encapsulate part of my placenta to make pills for myself. When my husband and my OB were going through the kit and a couple of other assistants were helping, they ended up sending the cord tissue still attached to the placenta. They didn’t know that it needed to be cut from the placenta, and we were really disappointed that the cord tissue had gone to the bin discarded.

My OB-Gyn was very protective and she cut my placenta into two pieces. This is not something that we had checked with Americord previously, but they had no issue with it when we sent it in. We were nervous and we contacted them and they were supportive of our decision to do that. We found out that some of the other places wouldn’t have accepted the placenta if it wasn’t whole. We also had questions about how many cells they got or how much blood and things like that and when we called them, they were really positive. Also, the guy who picked up the kit was sweet.

Hi Kassandra,

This is Marty Smithmyer, thank you for your kind words and feedback about the Americord team, company website, and established procedures. We strive to make the process as streamlined and seamless as possible for expectant parents.

I wanted to let you know that as a result of your feedback regarding our labels we have reviewed our instructions and kit. I am pleased to share that we will be making changes in the near future to ensure this part of the process is as clear as possible.

Thank you for taking the time to provide your valued feedback, and congratulations from the entire Americord family!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

We're the kind of people who probably should get into banking our baby's cord blood, just in case. We learned about it and we called the folks but we were too close to the actual pregnancy and we couldn’t find any public banks in the area that would accept us on such short notice. I had chosen out of all the possible banks and I couldn’t work with them. That’s why we went with a private bank and chose Americord.

I’ve tried to research cord blood banking as best as I possibly could and do everything I could in a short amount of time and they answered all the questions that I could possibly throw at them though I'm sure everyone had already answered all those questions a thousand times before. Everyone I’ve talked to there had been very professional, flexible, communicative and understanding. We felt more comfortable with Americord and what they were offering. It was easier with them too. We left the kit at the hospital and they picked it up there.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

My baby was diagnosed with spina bifida and he needs fetal myelomeningocele repair. His doctors were doing experimental work with cord tissue for the spine so I figured it would be smarter to save spinal cord tissues. I did it with Americord because their representative was able to answer my questions better than other people that I’ve spoken to. But I was unable to store cord blood. When I sent it in, they told me that it wasn't a viable amount. Overall, my experience was pretty simple and fairly easy. I would recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

We have a mixed race child and it would be hard to find a Polish-Kenyan match so we decided to bank his cord blood. We went with Americord because of the placental and tissue preservation for the actual cord. The week before we decided to pull the trigger on it, there was a study that was published that talked about cloning an entire embryo from two sources. The sources were the placenta and actual cord tissue. So, between those two structures, you have all the building blocks you need to make an entire embryo.

I was very impressed with the specialist. Also, the service was seamless and worked as advertised. Whatever hiccups we did have, they were solvable problems in a very reasonable timeframe. The courier showed up and took the kit. It's been fantastic with Americord. My wife and I are both registered nurses working in oncology so we understand a bit of science. We have preserved all the building blocks for our son and this is important together with regenerative medicine. So in terms of like marketing promotion, or how that may or may not be used in the future, I think that that information would be really helpful for laypeople or other folks to know about.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

We thought to keep our baby’s cord blood because nowadays anything can happen to anyone at any time. I told the Americord representative that I’ll give the cord tissue and cord blood and the doctor tagged it and put it inside the kit. When the person came I gave the kit to that person so I believe that both of cord tissue and blood are inside. When I called them I was told that they only found cord blood and not cord tissue. At that point it has been a week so even if I talked to my doctor it would be no help. But their cost is good compared to others. The cord blood specialist is very supportive and whenever I called he has helped me and I will give Americord a good recommendation. We're in the initial stage now and hopefully it will work for us if needed.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

With the research nowadays, more and more studies are showing that cord blood is beneficial because you'll never know if something would happen with the baby. So, we’d rather be safe than sorry. Americord offered a placenta which a lot of companies don’t do and they were able to answer all my questions so I decided to bank our baby’s cord with them. However, there was a little hiccup during the pick up because first, they said that it needs to be picked up right away. But then they said within 24 hours. So, it was picked up early in the morning. Nevertheless, our experience was easy, painless and I would recommend it to all my friends.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

This was our second child and we did not bank the cord blood for the first one so we thought of going ahead with it. I asked some of my friends and my doctor which companies are good and they suggested some names and then among them, Americord was the one who gave us a good price to go with. They sent the package to us right on time and then we handed it over to the hospital staff for the cord blood collection. Once they did it, somebody from Americord came to the hospital, collected the package and then took it with them. Once we were released from the hospital, we registered the baby's name and gathered all his details, then Americord said everything was good to go. Their service was very good and they have answered all of the questions.

Hi Sahithya,

Thank you for your kind words about your experience with our service. We are so happy to provide a seamless and great experience for your growing family.

Best,

Martin

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I've gone through a few reviews online and I could see there were good reviews for Americord so I went with them. They explained everything but I still have a couple of other doubts which I'm going to clarify with them. I spoke to their customer care and then we set the process up. I was driving and I got the credit card number. It was super simple. Everything was perfect.

Americord questions and answers

What problem is Americord trying to solve?
Americord is working to improve lives in ways that would not otherwise be possible. We focus on cord blood, cord tissue and placenta tissue banking innovations that provide more treatment options for newborns and their families.

For example, our proprietary Cord Blood 2.0™ technology preserves up to twice as many stem cells, making it possible to treat larger patients and expand treatment opportunities for smaller patients. This is crucial because traditional cord blood banking often collects only enough stem cells to treat a child under 65 pounds. Americord expands treatment options to patients weighing up to 165 pounds.
What sets Americord apart from the competition?
Americord offers the broadest and most technologically advanced product line in the industry. Our focus is on providing more treatment options for clients by combining innovative technology and white-glove care for superior value.

We are the only company that offers Cord Blood 2.0™ technology that collects up to twice as many stem cells as the industry average.  In addition, we are one of very few companies that offer expertise in three stem cell products - cord blood, cord tissue and placenta tissue. We are also one of only two companies that offer a collection kits approved by the FDA for c-sections.

We are committed to the highest levels of customer service, with 24/7 availability and white-glove care, including bedside pickup service by the medical courier. For mothers in early labor or last minute stem cell banking decisions, our AmericordRush™ program offers same-day delivery of the Americord Collection Kit at no extra cost.

We allow parents to decide what to bank right up until delivery, with our 3-in-1 Collection Kit for the collection of cord blood, cord tissue and placenta tissue. Expectant parents can reserve a kit and then return it free of charge as their plans change. There are with no cancellation fees, no annual storage fees and no withdrawal fees.
What needs does Americord fulfill, and how does Americord fulfill those needs better than your competition?
Americord’s mission is to provide the highest quality services, at the lowest possible cost, while supporting unique and innovative ways to improve the therapeutic utility of cord blood and tissue stem cells to improve patients’ lives. We invest in the future of stem cell banking so that families and their loved ones will have peace of mind. We actively explore innovative collection, transportation, processing and storage technologies to improve yields and viability to ensure the best possible results for our customers and the medical community.

We operate to the highest ethical standards in the industry and are committed to complete customer satisfaction. We thoroughly test every collection, and if the yield falls below the recommended minimum standards, we don’t charge parents who elect to forgo storage. In addition, we don’t offer incentives to the medical community to steer patients to Americord, preferring that patients make an unbiased assessment of the best stem cell bank for their needs.

We have the highest quality guarantee in the industry at $90,000, eliminate all hidden fees, and offer a risk-free cancellation policy.
How does Americord measure success?
Our clients entrust us with their most valuable medical assets, and we take this trust seriously. We measure success by customer satisfaction and regularly solicit feedback to ensure our products and services fully meet or exceed their expectations. We also benchmark our stem cell yields to ensure they deliver on our promise of achieving twice the industry average. In 2016, we recorded our highest cord blood collection volume and TNC count of 183 ml and two billion TNCs, respectively.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about cord blood banking?
Expectant parents often have questions about the types stem cells that can be collected and stored and the potential different stem cells hold for future medical treatments for their growing families.

A newborn’s umbilical cord contains two types of stem cells – hematopoietic stem cells (HSCs) and mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs). HSCs stem cells are programmed to become red and white blood cells. Medical science has found ways to use their natural abilities to treat over 80 disease of the blood like leukemia. MSCs, on the other hand, develop into muscle cells, bone cells, cartilage cells and fat cells. MSCs are considered essential to the future of regenerative medicine.
How has cord blood banking changed in the last 5 years?
Over the last five years, scientific breakthroughs in regenerative medicine and stem cells have raised awareness and interest in umbilical cord blood, cord tissue and placenta tissue banking. At the same time, expectant parents can be overwhelmed by an influx of cord blood banking companies with confusing claims, complicated offers and aggressive marketing tactics. As the industry evolves, it has never been more important for expectant parents to find a reliable source of unbiased information to ensure they make the most informed choice for their important medical assets.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about Americord?
Americord is rooted in a firm set of values. Our purpose is to improve lives and change the world. Our core values support our purpose and define how we manage and successfully grow our business.

• Customers: We strive to serve and provide value to our customers, faithfully and consistently. This commitment is foundational to our success.

• Employees: We encourage an ownership mentality, treat others with respect, provide opportunities for learning and growth and challenge to be their best selves.

• Integrity: We treat all we encounter fairly and with integrity.

• Innovation: We constantly improve strategy, products, operations, ourselves, sales talking points, marketing and financial performance, and our internal processes, with the aim of challenging ourselves to leave the organization better off tomorrow than it was yesterday.

• Learning: We instill a culture of learning and growth.

• Community: We engage with the local community, advancing important technologies and being generally charitable and helpful to others.

These values are more than just words, they inform everything we do.
Has Americord received any rewards or recognition for its products or services that your customers would like to know about?
Americord is AABB and FDA accredited and we have an FDA accredited collection bag. We have an A+ Better Business Bureau rating. Americord is also licensed in all states that require licensure for cord blood, cord tissue and placenta tissue banking.
How has your company grown?
Americord’s superior technology, focus on customer service and engrained set of values has made it the fastest growing cord blood bank in the United States. As a result, the company has been listed on the Inc. 5000 List of the fastest growing private companies in America for the past two years.

Americord Company Information

www2.americordblood.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use