American Laser Centers

Compare Dentists and Doctors

Research top Dentists and Doctors recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I spent over 3000 in treatments and do not see a difference one bit in my services. They told me that I would see a difference after 6 months and when I went back for another appointment they had a sign on the door saying they were closed down. It's now been over 10 months and still continue to have acne and do not see a difference on my pores. I want my money back and want to sue for the lies and pain and suffering but over all my money back. They are crooks and need to all be put in jail.

I remember the ladies said she owned her own house and cars and lives in Clovis, very happy at 23 years old. Now I know why because she is a crook and doesn't deserve anything after robbing all these people including me our money and giving us bad credit. I think the bank is also a scam knowing they own uncountable people money and still giving out loans. I want to find all these people and sue the ** out of them for all that they got. People like this should not have the right to file bankruptcy and pay all that they owe. I pray one day soon that they will reap what they sow. If anyone knows any further information please let me know. I will do anything to take these people down.

I am in the same situation as many people. I bought a $2800.00 package from American Laser and utilized about half of the services. How can I recoup my money?

In 2006/2007 I started treatment with American Laser centers in Fresno. I went every 6 weeks for treatment, bought the expensive sunblock, and did everything they told me to do. I expressed that the treatment was not working for me. I spent $3,000 and continued to go for almost a year. It accelerated the hair growth on my face and darkened the hair color. It also burned my skin and gave me bad pigmentation issues on my upper lip, my cheeks, and forehead. They made me grow the hair out on my face for a week to prove that the treatment was not working for me. I had a beard and I am a woman.

When I walked into the clinic the nurse looked at me and said, "oh honey I'm sorry." They took pictures of the hair growth and I was so embarrassed. Every time I asked to discontinue the treatment they told me no and that they would higher the laser percentage. I eventually insisted on stopping when my face couldn't take it anymore and the damage was not fixable. I called to make a complaint and asked for a refund because this is was working for me and destroying my face. They told me there was nothing they could do for me and that because my grandmother was a redhead that this was probably the reason.

They knew my grandmother was a redhead when I started and went through the review process to see if I was a candidate and wrote them a check. I told them that I would get an attorney and their response was, "your attorney will do no good because we are a large company and you will lose." To this day I have to shave my chin and my upper lip everyday. I am still seeing a dermatologist to try and get rid of the pigmentation issues I have from the laser and it burning my skin. This is the worst experience I've ever had and I would never recommend it to anyone. Complete waste of $3,000. What I wouldn't give to go back and never have done it.

I had paid couple sessions, one was in process and the other one had not started yet, and did others for hair remover and did not worked like they said. I went to my appt. and it was already close with no previous notice. How can I claim my money?

I purchased over 5K in services (not yet rendered) over the last 2 years. If there is a class action lawsuit I would like to participate. The only notification that I received of the office closing was the postcard I got back in April 2015 that stated I could pay $100 for my medical records. This company owes a lot of people their money back!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Laser Centers?

I found out that the company had closed when I went in for my scheduled appt. There was no call to cancel, very upset. Do not live in the town, took me 1 hour to get there. Would like to get my money back, only received two treatments. Help.

I purchased several contracts and merchandise my treatments were not fulfilled. Comenity Capital Bank had my $$ contract I paid in full, (no) interest. Found several others in lobby with same issue. A.L.C. never fulfilled contract. ANGRY!

I would like to inform you that unfortunately, as a customer of the Sterling, VA location of ALC, I am appalled at the quality of service and products I was tricked into under the promise of improving my appearance. Several thousand dollars later, the numerous procedures I did not only failed to show even some of the promised results, they actually harmed my skin with constantly changing technicians who were not properly trained.

Moreover, I am not even able to reach the clinic to schedule a service that I spent so much money on and they do not return my phone calls after 2 weeks of messages. This is the worst service I have ever had either and I so deeply regret spending this money at this rip off place. I demand appropriate financial restitution for the services the company fails to provide. I am also making sure the Consumer Protection Agency and all websites that show reviews of companies are aware of all of this and I will take the appropriate next steps if my concerns are not addressed in a timely manner. Highly dissatisfied.

American Laser closed their office in Stockton, left me with a bill that am still paying and they didn't finish my treatments. Paid for full face hair removal and my hair face is growing worse. Can anyone tell me what can I do?

When I found out the American Laser Centers had closed (by going to the website to look up the address of the new clinic I had started visiting) the site said that the company was working to transfer services owed to other local clinics. Anything happening here. I was a long time customer and although my packages have been paid off, I'm still owed treatments or partial refunds including multiple hair removal sessions, peels and microdermabrasion. What can I do to get what I'm owed?

I worked for this company several years back, I walked out & never looked back. It was the best choice I ever made, they force you to sell even when we know the client doesn't need the treatment or can't afford it, & if you don't the manager does it for you. I once tried to sell a potential client a glycolic peel package $250.00 the manager stepped in & was pushing to sell her a microdermabrasion package for over $ 600.00 that she clearly didn't need & couldn't afford, because she was specific on the price range. The woman decided to think about it & walked out without ever returning.. I was so upset, because I knew what I was doing & the manager screwed me. I didn't know how bad this company was. I thank God I'm not a $$ hungry ** & quit only after several months on the job.. The pay was great, but not worth losing my license or reputation.

I skincare & I'm very passionate about it, & making others look & feel great was my ultimate goal & this place was all the opposite... all about $$$ & being artificial. My family was so angry when I quit that place, even after I told them "I don't feel comfortable working there, they burn too many people & are constantly being sued & not to mention the angry, dissatisfied clients from previous experiences with other aestheticians". NO THANKS!

Back in July of 2014 I started my laser hair removal service with American laser hair removal and paid $2,287.00 out of pocket and had to open two credit cards. As for fortiva they are helping me and getting my money back. I have called the American laser credit card and they stated that they won't be refunding me any of my payments made. As far as the company and the cash I paid, there is no number to contact them to get our money back!!! Does anyone know by chance how to contact these people.

I won a package from American Laser Skin Center at an event in 2011. I didn't find any need to use the services other than possible hair removal. 2 years unlimited for the face. I went faithfully and never saw an MD who evaluated me at baseline and for follow up, and only was treated by technicians who were inconsistent in their laser application and patient care. I ultimately ended up giving up and moved to a doctor who worked me up for any hormonal issues that was causing my hair to keep growing back.

I have had to go now for 4 years and spend thousands of dollars to keep the hair from growing back since it is now more coarse and dark. It has negatively impacted my psychosocial and financial aspects of my life. I have tried calling their numbers provided on the website since the company has, surprisingly, went bankrupt and closed, and come to find only a busy signal tone on both lines provided. I want my medical records and I have no way of obtaining them for medical and legal purposes. Does anyone know how I can contact the company for my medical records I have every right to obtain?

I requested a refund on several occasions due to American Laser falsifying information. They sold me packages with false information that they had lasers to treat stretch marks. The e matrix is not for that specifically. The manager assured me they were getting a specific laser in for stretch marks (the Palomar) and that it was still in the training phase. I waited because I kept having children. I have six, so it was fine, I had time. Then when my last was born and still no Palomar I asked for a refund, just two months before they went bankrupt. I have yet to see my check and no response from anyone not even the trustee for the bankruptcy. I would rather have the Palomar, but now I have nothing based on lies. They owe me $6000.

I had been going for several months and the results were the same. No change in the growth of hair growing on my chin. Then I told them that this wasn't working, they advised me that I needed to keep coming. Still no change after 6 months. My chin was scarred and hurting very badly. No change!!! I wanted my money back. The lady told me it just take longer to work on blacks and I need to keep coming. I'm still being charged for this and I refuse to pay for something that didn't work. Now I got a bigger problem with more hair growing heavily on my chin.

Extremely MAD!!! What this company did to many people out there. Purchased over $$ 2200.00 packages.... Made large payments to payoff my account balance. After my 2nd treatment they closed doors without any warning. Seen a out of business sign on their door. I'm sure lots of people are very upset. Something has to be done.

I financed my treatment in Feb 2010, wish I paid in full a few months after. About 3 months after I signed up, found out I was pregnant and my treatment was put on hold after I got my baby in March 2011. I found out I was pregnant again in July 2011. After I got my baby in 2012 I continue to do my Full Face Hair Removal and it was approx. $2,500. They informed me that I was cover until December 2016. I'm so angry I paid all that money, my sessions wasn't complete and the hair still there. I wrote a letter to the bank in February of this year and I haven't got any respond or anything. I WANT MY MONEY BACK.

After reporting that the permanent hair removal treatments were ineffective, and paying for said services via an American Laser Center (ALC)/Comenity charge account, I agreed to change my services from hair removal to 6 treatments of microdermabrasion and 6 treatments of Glycolic peel. I started a medication that affected my skin. I notified ALC of the situation. They said that payments could not be suspended or deferred, but that I should call when I was able to resume treatments. I called several times, but no one answered or returned my calls. As not to negatively affect my credit, I paid off the Comenity bill, and visited the NE 81st Street location, only to discover that they went out of business. I want my money back or the services upon which we agreed.

If anyone has any news that how we can get our money back, please let me know. I purchased 6 packages of hair laser removal for 10 sessions and I was trying to get pregnant. They told me I need to put hold on my treatments till after my pregnancy while I was still paying for my treatments that I have never received. I called the office and found out they closed without notification from American hair laser and Comenity Bank.

I spoke with Comenity Bank and told them I'm not happy with the situation, the bank knew America hair laser is closed and they are still sending me the bill every month and I'm paying them almost for total of $ 3,000 for the services I didn't receive. Finally after the dispute process, the answer from the top manager of Community Bank was they can't return my money because they paid them full amount upfront. I'm so upset and angry right now. I want my money back for the services I haven't received.

I just found out about this outrage. I paid in full 5 grand for full body laser hair removal treatments. I never received any treatments due to being pregnant so I wanted to wait until baby was born. I just had baby 10 days ago and I tried to call American laser to schedule appointment but no answer and I just read online about them being closed permanently. I want my money back or my services. Please let me know how to reach American Laser or any new information about getting my money back.

I pre-paid for over ten microdermabrasions and a lifetime of laser hair removal. I did not receive the services I paid for. Currently my hair is growing back. This company has closed without notice to anyone. I received a post card in the mail regarding this company from a Giuliano Miller & Company, LLC, phone number 856-767-3000 ext. **, email www.giulianomiller.com, address Berlin Business Park 140 Bradford Drive West Berlin, New Jersey 08091. The postcard states that I have to pay for my medical records if I want them, $1 a page or $100 for the whole record. I have tried to email and call but no answer. If this guy does not return my email or calls, I will be taking a trip to NJ. This is very unprofessional.

I purchased few packages approx. $2,000 from the American Laser and they went bankrupt before my services were delivered. I financed it with Comenity capital bank and I have filed a dispute to get my money back. I am still trying to speak with someone at the bank directly to solve this matter. Aside from this, another doctors office has been prospecting me for the same services American Laser offered. I wonder how they got my personal info, dues and types of services I was treated for? Isn't the patient/ client information supposed to be kept private, especially when you sign a contract? If anyone would knows the answer I would love to hear from you. Thanks.

I paid for my Botox treatments in full with Comenity Capital Bank. The bank told me there is nothing they could do about giving me a credit because I had paid the bill in full. I only had one treatment with American Skincare Laser. I tried to make my next appointment but could never get anyone on the phone. I found out through the internet that they had gone out of business. I paid $500.00.

I have purchased many different skin care packages over the approximate 7 years as a client and had many treatments that were not yet serviced due to Minnesota weather; whereas I only have treatments serviced in the fall and winter. Thus, I have many services I have paid for in full but had not yet received and now with the bankruptcy I have little recourse and out much more money than I even care to divulge. I am hoping to check with other MN clinics if they will honor the treatments purchased at my clinic in Woodbury but I am less than hopeful.

I am seeking advice and other options, and also open to advice from other clients of the clinics that have closed for advice but I am very upset and getting bitter. I hate to have to hire a lawyer since I am already at a loss for the money spent in advance. I think there should be more consumer protections for this type of incident and many other options to clients when purchasing services that take some time to acquire in this type of unforeseeable situation. It seems like the consumer/taxpayer is left holding the bag as usual and out any options without more money, time and effort. We the tax paying consumers should never allow this to continue to happen and demand strong protections and options for us as consumers.

The Burbank, Ca office was well-run with knowledgeable staff. Did 8 sessions of hair removal that worked for the most part, so bought another package for E-Matrix laser work on face/neck. Did another 4 sessions on the neck and had 4 left for the face before I ran into a (unrelated) health issue. It was pre-paid and they owe me for the 4 sessions - I'm going to take this up with Comenity bank. I just found out about the bankruptcy today, upon receiving the "Notice of Disposing of Patient Medical Records". Least of all will be small claims court - Comenity is a multi-billion dollar corporation - I will post their "skip out" tactics here as I encounter them. I'm sure they will throw it back on Laser Skincare.

So mad and disappointed. Purchased 8 treatments worth $1,100 but were not able to complete it and result is no good. I want my money back. I am really dissatisfied customer. Any update or developments about this company American Laser Skincare please do let me know.

I am very frustrated and upset. I have just learned that American Laser Center closed their business. I still had a number of treatments (skin tightening and more) with them. I am owed over $500 or $600 dollars. Who can we contact for this and how can I get my money back? I cannot believe they shut down and didn't give customers any information. When you go to their site, it's just a generic message. I spent well over $5000 with them in the past 5 years. Any information or guidance would be greatly appreciated!

I fully paid $2500 to American laser for getting the laser hair removal treatment and now due to their sudden closing my treatment is unfinished. I don't know what to do, just hoping to hear from them soon hoping to get my refund or the treatment.

I paid for hundreds of dollars of services that I did not receive. Now the biz is closed. What are our rights? I want refund.

American laser went out of business and I found out from another business advertisement on the radio, fishing for the empty handed American Laser clients. I paid nearly 5k for laser hair removal- that didn't work, as well as facial treatments, ematrix, and other services. I still have unfulfilled packages worth at least a thousand dollars that will never be completed and wasted too much time in treatments that did not get rid of much, if any, hair permanently.

The management was spotty at best, over the years there were several replacements and a lot of inconsistency. The workers were generally ok but very few had the clients' best interest in mind and did thorough treatments. I guess since my results from American laser center were minimal, it's good the company closed so they couldn't rip off more people. However those of us who were unfortunate enough to buy packages are now out of money and have nothing but angry words to show for it. I hope karma comes back to all those corporate weasels.

American Laser Centers Company Profile