4.00/5
Based on 15 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

15 Alavert Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 23, 2018

Alavert works well for some allergies and has no side effects. Usually when mold or dust is high, Alavert works very well for me. But this year there have been higher pollen counts than usual, so what used to work needs help. Alavert did not work at all during the last month. Juniper was especially bad this year and I spent the whole time miserable. I will try Nasacort next time.

Original review: April 22, 2018

I liked how the pills were a manageable size. Easy to swallow. I wanted to try this product to see if it worked better than other brands. I had high hopes since other people I know have taken it and liked it over other brands. But I do not think it worked very well. I do not feel like it relieved my symptoms as well as it should. I took it for a week and had abysmal results. I went with another brand that worked better.

Get expert buying tips about Allergy Medicine delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: April 18, 2018

I feel better using Alavert as an OTC over using a prescribed allergy treatment. Alavert treats my allergy symptoms better than any other OTC allergy medicine and it works as well as some of the prescription meds that I have been prescribed in the past. But I have to remember to take it every day in order for it to be effective. Also I can't seem to find the orange flavor anymore only the mint flavored one. When I first bought Alavert the pharmacist suggested it. I like the information on the box and after taking it I did not have any negative side effects and it was the one that actually worked best for me.

Original review: April 17, 2018

Alavert has been a compatible medication for me since I have not experienced any negative side effects from the use of this medication and it successfully takes care of my allergy symptoms. I feel normal after using it. I started using this medication when I used a coupon offer for this medication and it worked so well that I stuck with it.

Original review: April 16, 2018

Alavert is a long lasting allergy medication and only have to take once a day. It's easy to remember to take once a day and I don't have to put anything up my nose to help alleviate my allergies. It also helps with sinus issues. Alavert worked well and continued to use. Also, was non-drowsy and so I never felt sluggish throughout the day but felt that my allergies were at bay.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Alavert?

Original review: April 15, 2018

I like that Alavert is an intranasal medication. It has a pleasant fragrance & taking the dose of medication is very easy and not messy. It starts working very quickly and has no side effects. The medication is non-habit forming & can be used only when I have an allergy flare up. I have tried many kinds of oral & nasal treatments for seasonal allergies & find this medication to be the best choice for me. But the cost is one thing that I dislike about the product. There are many many different kinds of allergy medications that cost a lot less. Some may not work as well, but if one is on a budget, they may choose the cheaper medication. I, however, realize that purchasing the medication that works best that may be a bit more expensive is the right choice for me.

Alavert was recommended by my physician and was given samples & they worked well, causing me to buy the medication on my own. My family also suffers from allergies & they have found that this medication works well for them too! After using this medication the first time, it left my nasal passage feeling refreshed & less inflamed. Consistent use of this medication has help calm my allergies & I seem to get less sinus infections. My experience was great!

Original review: April 14, 2018

My experience was good with Alavert. It works fast, and it eliminates symptoms. In comparison to other medications, Alavert is one of the most effective on the market. I've tried several others: many make me drowsy, but Alavert works quickly with minimal side effects. Others leave me feeling drowsy, but not Alavert. But Alavert can be a little pricey. It is more effective to shop for generic medications that use the main ingredient, **. I am able to buy more of the medication when for less money when I shop generic, but Alavert introduced me this highly effective ingredient.

Original review: April 13, 2018

My doctor suggested for me to take Alavert. He said it's the best medicine for my allergy symptoms. I'm so overwhelmed and really surprised about how well this medicine is working with absolutely no side effects no problems. I'm able to take this medicine everyday. I feel a lot better than I did before. I have so much relief. I can sleep better at night. No coughing and I can breathe through my nose so much better now. I can concentrate on my daily responsibilities now. I don't feel so miserable anymore. It's amazing. It's more like an absolute miracle. I'm going to recommend to my family and friends or anyone I know that suffers from allergies to try Alavert and to ask their doctor about this medicine.

Original review: April 12, 2018

Alavert caught my attention on the shelf of the drug store. It is effective and efficient in every way because it helps both me and my children who also suffer from allergies to overcome this condition without much difficulty. But its price should be lower than today because it is a medicine that is necessary for many people, very vital to continue our daily life in the most normal way.

Original review: April 8, 2018

Alavert was very effective in alleviating the itchy eyes, sneezing and runny nose associated with my allergies, and made me feel a lot better in a short amount of time. I like that Alavert doesn't make you drowsy and you don't need water. You can just put the pill under your tongue and let it dissolve. However, it seems like you don't get very many pills, but the price is high. And also, I haven't seen many coupons for Alavert lately.

Original review: July 14, 2017

When I start having problems, I saw my doctor and he recommended Alavert. He felt it would handle the sneezing and watery eyes issues the best. I took his advice and I'm glad I did. I have been using it for a year. It makes me feel better quickly. It starts to work in about a half hour after taking it and it works for the next 12 hours. It works better than anything else I have taken. Sometimes I tend to feel a little tired after taking it but if I take it on a full stomach I notice I do not feel tired.

Original review: July 13, 2017

I like this medication because it's the one that seems to work the best. Although it doesn't always work that good. And also I dislike the use of this medication sometimes because of how much it makes my nose run. Sometimes it even plugs my nose instead of relieving stuffiness. Nevertheless, I would choose this brand over other brands because of the all around quality of the product. It does what it says it will on the label and it's priced reasonably so anyone that would want to use it could afford it.

Original review: July 9, 2017

Alavert doesn’t make you sleepy like most allergy medicines do. Also it is the only thing I have found that really helps my allergies. I have tried prescriptions in the past and they haven’t worked as well. The only thing is the price of Alavert in most stores and most only contain a small amount of the medicine and you have to buy more than one a month. But I can find this medicine in my local stores. It is easier to find than most other brands and it is over the counter so I don’t need a prescription.

Original review: July 3, 2017

Alavert helps clear my airways and it helps restore my breathing back to normal in about twenty minutes. My head stops hurting much sooner than just using **. But it has a tendency to make me feel a little more drowsy even earlier in the evening than normal. It makes me want to go to bed a lot sooner than normal. I only tried this brand because I was told about it by a friend but I am going to be looking into finding a different brand of medicine because of the drowsiness issues I am experiencing.

Original review: June 29, 2017

I found that Alavert was effective at treating sinus issues related to allergies better than other allergy medications. I like Alavert because it is effective in treating both allergies and sinus problems (pressure, pain). It's also non-drowsy and doesn't affect me the way newer brands of allergy relief medicines do. But it tends to be hard to find in stores near me. Also, since it's a brand name, it tends to be more expensive than store brands. It also doesn't contain a pain reliever, which would be nice to have, since I generally only take Alavert when I have sinus issues.

Alavert expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Alavert is an antihistamine used to treat cold and allergy symptoms along with hives and itching. It is available in the form of a quick dissolving tablet and is safe for ages six and over.

• Non-drowsy: Alavert’s non-drowsy formula is great for people who need allergy relief throughout their workday.

• Great flavors: Alavert is available in Fresh Mint and Citrus Burst flavors, making it more enjoyable to take your allergy medicine every day.

• Alavert Allergy & Sinus: Those with simultaneous allergy and sinus symptoms will appreciate Alavert D-12 Extended Release Tablets, which are specially formulated to clear your nasal passage and provide relief from sinus pressure.

• Safe for kids ages six and older: Kids as young as six can use Alavert, and the fast dissolving formula is easy for kids to swallow.

• Easy to take on-the-go: Alavert tablets melt in your mouth, and they can be taken with or without water. This makes it easy to take Alavert anytime you need it, even if you don’t have a glass of water on hand.

• Best for: Alavert is best for adults and children suffering from allergies and sinus pressure.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs