Acadian Air Medical Transports

Compare Air Ambulance

Research top Air Ambulance recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

They flew me out of a little town that didn't have a hospital equipped to handle my emergency. I would have died if it wasn't for them. It only took 45 minutes to get there and usually it would take you at least 2 hours. Their response time was very fast considering how far they had to come. Only 45 minutes in all to get there and the same going back. I would definitely recommend them. The medical attention was excellent. First they ran an IV on me then they hooked up all the wires for a heart monitor to keep track of my heart rate. Customer service was excellent also because they handled all of the billing from insurance, by the way, thank God for insurance or I would be paying out a very large sum.

I had to call them to transport my patient to the hospital. I can't disclose why but I will say they were fast, friendly, and professional. They were there in less than 20 minutes and got straight to work getting my patient to the hospital. I appreciate their promptness and professionalism. I can't disclose too much due to patient confidentiality. They provided great care though and I will use them again without hesitation as they are the best I've encountered. The workers were caring but not intrusive. Professional but not cold. Efficient but not hasty. Nice but not too nice. Knowledgeable but not condescending.

Just wonderful. They offered so much and were always seeing if they could do more to help me in my time of need. Always ready to do more. Very fast. From the moment they were contacted to the time we were in the air, went by very fast. They moved quickly and focused on my needs and getting my to the hospital safely. It was some of the best I've seen. Highly qualified doctors and support staff was great. They worked well together to help me and focus on what I needed in order to be in great shape. From the moment they arrived to the follow up afterward, they were great. Always professional, polite and keeping my updated on what was going on in the follow up.

Acadian Air Medical Transports service was professional. They promised to pick up at a certain time and they did, promptly. The transporter was nice, polite, and clear. The ride to the destination was pleasant and smooth. The time was prompt, on time and reasonable. They give you enough notice and time to get ready or reschedule if needed to. They are not disrespectful but are professional and understanding. The care was on time, respectful, pleasant, courteous. I was happy to have this care available to me and I wouldn't hesitate to use this care again in the future. The customer service is nice. They take your information, set the date that you need available, ask for a good pick up time and return time, and set the appointment.

Had to be airlifted out of remote area due to a paralyzing accident this summer. Airlift got to location rather quickly, and did their job well enough, fast enough, and careful enough to make things comfortable. They had a very rapid response time, considering the location they had to airlift me out of. They couldn't exactly land, so they had 2 members rappel from the chopper and get me situated and ready for transport. They did a standard EMT job, put a neck brace on me, placed a backboard next to me, had to slightly roll me in order to get the board flat, which was not too bad, considering I couldn't feel anything anyway, strapped me to the backboard, and signaled to the air crew to send down the gurney for lifting. They know how to do their jobs well. They also helped deal with the adrenaline rush I had when I got to the chopper.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Acadian Air Medical Transports?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Acadian Air Medical Transports are known for flying first-response medical flights. The air service launched in 1981 in the Gulf of Mexico.

• Trained dispatchers: The people who answer patient and emergency phone calls at Acadian Air Med are dispatchers and trained paramedics, so they have extensive medical knowledge.
  • Medically-configured aircraft: Acadian Air Med flies specially medically configured EC-135 helicopter ambulances, which are equipped to handle nearly any medical emergency.
  • Neonatal transfer unit: The company flies air ambulances that are equipped with special neonatal equipment, allowing it to help patients that are newborn or very young.
  • Aircraft option: Patients who need something different from the helicopter have the ability to take advantage of the company's Lear Jet 45, as well.
  • Inland and offshore services: The air ambulances at Acadian Air Medical Transport are equipped to handle emergencies on land as well as offshore in the Gulf of Mexico.
  • Best for Patients who need to reach medical care that is far away,, elderly patients and patients who need medical help in remote or hard-to-access terrain.

Compare Air Ambulance