Zinus, Inc
1.48/5

Need a good mattress?

Zinus, Inc

Founded in 1979, Zinus began as an outdoor products company that focused on comfort-oriented furniture, tents and more. Since 2003, Zinus has shifted their focus to indoor products with comfort being top of mind. Mattresses and mattress foundations are Zinus’ specialty. Zinus offers a large assortment of well-designed products for customers at affordable prices. Our goal is to deliver the worlds finest sleep products for everyone’s lifestyle. Are you ready to sleep better? Visit our website today!

Need a good mattress?

318 Zinus, Inc Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 16, 2019

I bought a Zinus mattress to go in my couch. The price was only like 99 dollars. It has great support and no springs and is cool and not hot. It also folds up into the couch nicely. I would recomend.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I really think I made a terrific choice in buying two of these mattresses. This mattress is comfortable and sturdy. I have had it three months and only in cold weather but it seems to be temperature pleasant!

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I ordered a bed frame and mattress thru Costco. It arrived on time but my room remodel wasn't done so it was stored in my garage. When I did finally get to installing the bed I was impressed by the clear instructions, ease of assembly, and quality of the product. All tools and fasteners required were included. There were no flaws in the materials. The mattress had a slight odor, which is mentioned in several other reviews, but it dissipated in a few hours, and it's winter here, windows closed. I'm a furniture engineer and appreciate well designed and manufactured product. I will recommend this to friends.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I ordered the King-sized cooling hybrid mattress (memory foam on a mini-spring base) and have been blown away by the comfort and quality of sleep I have been getting. Keep in mind I am coming from a lower quality spring mattress from one of the big American retailers, but either way I did shop around and try out a Tempur-Pedic and Sleep Number at a store in our local mall. My Zinus mattress is just as good (if not better) at a fraction of the price. I think I paid about $350 after a coupon which is unheard of for a king. I could not be happier. People complaining about the smell of the green-tea mattress need to air it out for a few days LIKE THE INSTRUCTIONS SAY. The cooling mattress I purchased did not have any unpleasant smell, only that it smelled like new shoes - not a bad thing to me.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I was anxious after reading comments about chemical odors, since my daughter has seizures triggered by almost anything. On opening there was new product odor not unlike other items I've encountered. I aired the mattresses for maybe three days in an enclosed room, with a fan on sometimes the first couple days. The odor was pretty faint by the time I enclosed them in waterproof covers we bought, which we use for hygiene reasons and against cat fleas. In the last four months I've opened my mattress covers to check if they were indeed waterproof on three or more occasions, and I noticed the mattresses themselves had no odor. They are great and I appreciate the courteous treatment we've received from Zinus!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zinus?

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

Purchased a mattress topper, something that's not very expensive but still supposed to be warranted through the company. Less than a day in I noticed the topper was defective with tears in the foam, so instantly I got the email address from the inside information. Needless to say they have done nothing but give me the runaround about replacing. I provided photos of the item and the online shipping and order info as they don't seem to ship receipts with online order. Finally after a week I get a response saying they would be glad to help but I needed to provide better info and more info, so again I sent the same information. They replied that they needed a receipt, so again I explained that my purchase order online was my receipt, and now it's been another week and to my dismay, they have yet to respond again.

I have now since filed a complaint against the company with the BBB, not that it will do much good I'm sure, but whomever I am dealing with, does not respond to emails, and when they do they seem to repeat the same info. I have asked for a phone number to the company and they have failed to provide even that. Seems to me that if I could give them zero stars I certainly would. I don't think I have ever had an experience that was this bad regarding a warranty item ever in my life. And all I asked was for a simple replacement of an item that was under fifty bucks and they can't even do that. I definitely will never purchase anything that has their company name on it... Absolutely horrible customer service...

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I've reached out to their support expecting that they'll help me. Did had an exchange of email, but it seems like their support doesn't really know what she's doing (Jonalyn). It's a waste of time and will not bother reaching out to them in the future.

Original review: July 25, 2019

Zinus mattresses in my experience are no good. I bought a full-size mattress that showed a defect within a year. Believing in the 10 years warranty, I contacted the company and the after-sales was very very bad. They kept asking for more pictures and responded late and finally wanted a lot of my time. I never got any replacement either. Even after sharing a video of the defect, the examiner could not find any manufacturing defect. Very bad experience. Would never recommend if you want good after-sales. I will not recommend it to anyone.

Original review: July 22, 2019

I ordered a King mattress frame, a week later I inquired about the order status being that tracking showed it had been ordered but not shipped. I tried numerous times to call the 1-800 number to no avail - nobody ever answered. I kept my phone on to see how long - it was over an hour, the same song playing over and over.

I tried using the online chat, asking to check the status of my order. I kept getting the response that they were passing it off to Operations Management and that somebody would email me "soon" with a response. It's been 24 hours and still no response. I went with Zinus' website instead of thru Amazon bc it was a little cheaper, but I wouldn't recommend it, at least Amazon has customer support... I will never buy something through this company again.

Original review: June 26, 2019

Zinus has really decent products for the prices. Their mattresses have plenty of options and are really good. The biggest problem with Zinus if you buy direct, is they will ship thousands of dollars of furniture on Fedex without a signature required as part of an inclusive price. Almost all companies worldwide that ship merchandise with value over $100 will require a signature. In this case we bought about $4000 worth of furniture and it was all stolen because it was left in the driveway because nobody was home. Fedex is not liable, because Zinus has chosen to save a few dollars on shipping and enable Fedex to do this.

Zinus also is assuming all risk that the customer will receive all goods. And legally they just didn’t understand that. There are no terms on their website or receipt when you checkout on their website. So essentially every time something like this happens, it is a failure to provide goods sold. And we spent weeks with their customer service and management explaining it. They continued to be stubborn and kept pointing at Fedex. In the end our credit card company just refunded the money and they have yet to change their policy. I’m sure all customers would pay an extra $20 for peace of mind. Please be careful if you are going to buy direct on their website. Hopefully you can find somewhere else to buy their product like Amazon.

Zinus expert review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Founded in 1979, Zinus originally produced comfort-oriented outdoor products, including tents, sleeping bags and portable furniture. The company turned to indoor comfort products in 2003, and their innovative mattresses are available as memory foam, coil spring or hybrid memory foam and coil spring. Find Zinus beds online.

• Mattress accessories: In addition to mattresses, Zinus also manufactures and sells headboards, boxsprings, bases and frames, so you can perfectly match your mattress to your bed.

• Budget-friendly: Zinus mattresses are available for as low as $100, making them ideal for anyone who doesn’t have a lot of money to spend on their new mattress.

• Warranty: Zinus’s mattresses include a 10-year limited warranty.

• Hybrid option: There’s no reason to choose between memory foam and coil spring mattresses when you can have both. Zinus’s hybrid option fuses the two together so you can have the best of both worlds.

• Bunk bed options: Zinus’s Memory Foam five inch mattress is ideal for bunk beds and trundles. These mattresses are available in fun colors like blue and hot pink, making them a perfect fit for a kid’s bedroom.

• Best for: Zinus mattresses are best for parents and budget-conscious consumers.

Profile picture of Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.
      Michael J. Breus, Ph.D. Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Zinus, Inc Company Information