Zinus, Inc
1.35/5

Need a good mattress?

Zinus, Inc

Founded in 1979, Zinus began as an outdoor products company that focused on comfort-oriented furniture, tents and more. Since 2003, Zinus has shifted their focus to indoor products with comfort being top of mind. Mattresses and mattress foundations are Zinus’ specialty. Zinus offers a large assortment of well-designed products for customers at affordable prices. Our goal is to deliver the worlds finest sleep products for everyone’s lifestyle. Are you ready to sleep better? Visit our website today!

Need a good mattress?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Zinus, Inc Reviews

Original review: April 16, 2019

I bought a Zinus mattress to go in my couch. The price was only like 99 dollars. It has great support and no springs and is cool and not hot. It also folds up into the couch nicely. I would recomend.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I really think I made a terrific choice in buying two of these mattresses. This mattress is comfortable and sturdy. I have had it three months and only in cold weather but it seems to be temperature pleasant!

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I ordered a bed frame and mattress thru Costco. It arrived on time but my room remodel wasn't done so it was stored in my garage. When I did finally get to installing the bed I was impressed by the clear instructions, ease of assembly, and quality of the product. All tools and fasteners required were included. There were no flaws in the materials. The mattress had a slight odor, which is mentioned in several other reviews, but it dissipated in a few hours, and it's winter here, windows closed. I'm a furniture engineer and appreciate well designed and manufactured product. I will recommend this to friends.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

I was really excited when the mattresses arrived. I waited 72 hours to open the two rolled up spring mattresses that I ordered per the instructions on the outer box. After pulling the rolled up mattresses out of the box, there were no instructions to be found. My sister and I started to cut it open. I then noticed a sticker on the bottom and bent down to read it. Just as I read the words “high pressure” the mattress exploded from roll to flat in less than 1.5 seconds. It happened so fast all I recall is fighting back to avoid hitting my head but I lost all control. I knocked me 4-5 feet across the room whilst trampling me.

I penetrated my neck with a knife and hit my head on the wall. It was very scary and to this day I’m very thankful our two toddlers did not coming running by from the other room. Zinus was contacted twice with no real resolution. I begged them to add warnings and instructions to their packaging to avoid a situation that could be worse similar or worse than mine. They didn’t seem to care and I was never contacted after making those calls.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

In August 2018, I purchased the Zinus Memory Foam 12 Inch/Premium/Cloud-like Mattress, Queen size; the product has a 10-year warranty (replacement or pro-rated refund), per terms of purchase with properly supported base and mattress protector. Due to the poor construction of materials, the mattress began breaking down, contributing to significant back pain and loss of sleep within the past 14-months, well under the product’s warranty, and was releasing fiberglass particles into my home.

On October 11, 2019, I purchased a new mattress to replace the faulty Zinus mattress, and began the claims process with Zinus, informing them in advance that their product was being removed from my home, along with screenshots of verification from my building management that the mattress would be removed (at my own expense), screenshots of my order (both the new mattress and of their product), pictures of the faulty mattress with the protector and tags, and information on the Zinus brand support system and separate mattress protector required to maintain warranty.

The support representative did not review my submitted documentation, and responded with a canned general response asking for all of the information again, to which I requested further review. The representative “Michael” claimed he had reviewed the information and was aware of my request. I sent the original invoice purchase order as requested after twelve additional additional exchanges. Well after the mattress was recycled and removed from my home at my own expense (the company was aware of this), they requested additional photos of the mattress on 10/23/2019, days after removal.

On they requested the same photos previously submitted for a third time, and I informed them I would be submitting a complaint due to the handling of their warranty and faulty product after their failure to acknowledge and address my prorated refund under warranty after several emails and (12) items of documentation submitted. After sixteen exchanges, the representative refused to submit my warranty claim because of the mattress removal from home—I believe they did this purposefully to avoid issuing the pro-rated refund. Hundreds of individuals have similar complaints with this product.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zinus?

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

I bought a Zinus twin mattress (Night Therapy 10" Supreme Pillow Top Spring Mattress - Twin) through Sam's Club online. It arrives rolled into a tight bundle, one unwraps the bundle and allows the mattress to "plump" into shape for 48-7s hours. One side of the mattress NEVER "plumped" and sags down about 2 inches. The mattress claims to be "very supportive." IT IS NOT SUPPORTIVE. I sank into the mattress right away. Aching back every morning.. I couldn't figure out how to file a return to Sam's Club, since I live about a hundred miles away with no way to transport a mattress. I left an unfavorable review on Sam's Club and Zinus contacted me, saying they would be happy to help me (they are not happy), since it was already past time to return it to Sam's Club.

This mattress is under 10-year warranty. I filed a complaint with Zinus on June 20, 2019. It is now October 15, 2019. I have made at least 3 complaint tickets and there are currently 29 pages of emails between Zinus and myself, with multiple requests for pictures -- including shots with rulers, even though the sagging can plainly be seen without rulers. Each time I take a picture I have to take the bedding apart and put it back together, which includes the mattress warmer which must be fastened over the bottom of the mattress, so mattress must be turned over. This results in my having sciatica for at least 2 days following that. They refused to reply to my complaint to the Better Business Bureau. I have told them if they asked for another picture, I will sue them for their obstruction and refusal to deal with my complaint. They DON'T need another picture to see the sagging. And, yet, today they asked for another picture. Worst customer support ever!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2019

I ordered this mattress on September 3. As of September 28, FedEx tracking shows it has not even left the facility, so I’m guessing it won’t be arriving anytime soon. The website says that delivery will be 5-17 business days. In this day and age I can’t even imagine why it would take a month to receive a delivery. It’s not like it’s a custom made item. I will never order from this company again and if possible will cancel my order.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2019

Haven't received the product yet, but it's been 2 weeks and my shipment of mattress cannot be tracked. Only response from support is wait 2 more days and this is happening for 3 times. Hopefully product would be good, but Shipping Experience is worst.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

Zinus fails on so many accounts - they did not deliver their product when they said they would (fine), but when asked for an update, their staff was anything but helpful. Asking me to do things I already did, making me wait 48 hours before a response. They raised their voice at me on the phone. My guests had to sleep on an air mattress because they missed their commitments, and their response was to give me a 10% discount and implied that's what I agreed to. They asked me to DM them on Instagram, which I did, to which they did not respond, and instead, they blocked me on Instagram.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

I don't think I've ever written a review before in my entire life. My experience with Zinus customer service, however, has been so frustrating and so disorganized that I feel the need to open this Pandora's Box. Before I begin, I want to say that I have not yet received my mattress so I can't comment on the actual product's quality. My good friend bought from Zinus and loves her mattress. It's also one of the cheapest options for a foam mattress out there, so overall probably a good deal. If I didn't think so I wouldn't be here writing this review, because I would have given up on the company a long time ago.

That aside, though, I have had a thoroughly nightmarish experience with their customer service team. Three days after my expected delivery date went by the FedEx tracking page stopped updating altogether. I waited a few additional days, in case it was a glitch, but still no updates and no mattress. At that point, I contacted FedEx to see when the package would be arriving. They said it would come "tomorrow" for three consecutive days until they finally admitted the package had been lost (I could write a whole other review ranting about FedEx, but I won't bore you with that here). Throughout that entire week, from Monday-Friday (the week following the Wednesday the mattress was supposed to be delivered and the Friday that the tracking stopped updating), Zinus had no information for me. They told me to stay in contact with FedEx, because they had no idea what was going on.

Finally, on that Friday, FedEx declared the package lost and I sent the FedEx Claim No. to Zinus. They said they would escalate the issue to their "Tier 2" team and get back to me within 2 days. They never did. I called again to check on the status. On the phone they once again told me to wait for a response from the Tier 2 team. This time I asked to talk to someone in charge of the case. They said no one was available but one of them would call me back in an hour. Spoiler alert: no one did. I called back 3 hours later and finally got a hold of someone handling my case, only to have them tell me, finally, that they thought the package was lost. They sent me an email telling me to "stand by" for the tracking information for a replacement mattress, which I thought was promising. Of course, it's been three days since then, and I've received nothing.

Further correspondence with them has gotten me responses like "Please wait until the end of the day tomorrow for your tracking information" for three days straight. Long story short, their customer service blows. Big time. And if you made it to the end of this review without hating me (or at all), I commend you. I would hate me too if I saw me like this. TLDR Zinus customer service is destroying me day by day and plunging me into madness.

Zinus expert review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Founded in 1979, Zinus originally produced comfort-oriented outdoor products, including tents, sleeping bags and portable furniture. The company turned to indoor comfort products in 2003, and their innovative mattresses are available as memory foam, coil spring or hybrid memory foam and coil spring. Find Zinus beds online.

• Mattress accessories: In addition to mattresses, Zinus also manufactures and sells headboards, boxsprings, bases and frames, so you can perfectly match your mattress to your bed.

• Budget-friendly: Zinus mattresses are available for as low as $100, making them ideal for anyone who doesn’t have a lot of money to spend on their new mattress.

• Warranty: Zinus’s mattresses include a 10-year limited warranty.

• Hybrid option: There’s no reason to choose between memory foam and coil spring mattresses when you can have both. Zinus’s hybrid option fuses the two together so you can have the best of both worlds.

• Bunk bed options: Zinus’s Memory Foam five inch mattress is ideal for bunk beds and trundles. These mattresses are available in fun colors like blue and hot pink, making them a perfect fit for a kid’s bedroom.

• Best for: Zinus mattresses are best for parents and budget-conscious consumers.

Profile picture of Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.
      Michael J. Breus, Ph.D. Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Zinus, Inc Company Information