Zinus, Inc
1.58/5

Need a good mattress?

Zinus, Inc

Founded in 1979, Zinus began as an outdoor products company that focused on comfort-oriented furniture, tents and more. Since 2003, Zinus has shifted their focus to indoor products with comfort being top of mind. Mattresses and mattress foundations are Zinus’ specialty. Zinus offers a large assortment of well-designed products for customers at affordable prices. Our goal is to deliver the worlds finest sleep products for everyone’s lifestyle. Are you ready to sleep better? Visit our website today!

Need a good mattress?

314 Zinus, Inc Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

Zinus is a great company to deal with. We got the Pressure Relief King Size Mattress which is a 14-inch king sized mattress and the base that it goes on. We’re extremely thrilled with it. We opened it up and it completely inflated or expanded, if you will, to the full 14 inches. I also like the memory foam, so everything was a great purchase. I bought another one for my teenage son and he loves it. It’s called the Theratouch, a full-size bed. We bought it through Walmart which was packaged as Spa Sensations but it's a Zinus product. Both of our experiences with Zinus were pleasant.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2017

It all went great with Zinus. I ordered two spring, full size mattresses for my two teenagers. They love it and it feels great. I ordered them online and ordered the two bed frames as well. It was a very simple process.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2017

I had an awesome experience purchasing a memory foam, the mattress cover and the frame from Zinus. I was referred by a prior customer and based on her referral to me, my brother bought one too on the opposite end side of the country. So, we both bought them in the same week. And I just love it. I find any excuse I can to take a nap or lie down 'cause I love it that much. It's really like a revolutionary change.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2017

We got Zinus beds and foam mattresses for a vacation home and I've never had a guest complain about them.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2017

I purchased five mattresses from Zinus, including one of their hybrid traditional mattresses. The twins and the fulls are immensely better than the four smaller ones we had before. Then our mattress that we got is pretty good itself. My wife really loves it. The only issue that I had was the shipping, but that fell more on FedEx than Zinus because I bought so many mattresses. FedEx couldn’t get them all on the truck, so it took them an extra day or two to get out here. So everything was delayed because of that. With larger orders like that, it would definitely be something to figure out.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zinus?

Original review: Feb. 18, 2017

The 14 inch memory foam mattress from Zinus has exceeded our expectations. Sleeping has been great and we spend a lot more time on the bed than we did before. However, we got sent two defective platforms. There was a missing support latch for the first platform that got sent with the mattress. We sent that back and they sent us a new one. But the new one looked like it might've been dropped. When we fold it out, it was uneven so it wasn't providing any type of support. It was a little frustrating. The reps handled it very well and they were very apologetic but we ended up returning them all and abandoning the whole purchase for the platform. Other than that, we love the mattress. It's completely different and it's much better than our old bed.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

I sleep better with Zinus' memory foam. They were a better cost than their competitors. Zinus is wonderful and I recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

I got a 14-inch thick king mattress from Zinus. It was ultra comfort memory foam and I added a memory foam topper to it, which extended the life of it. However, for whatever reason, my body wasn’t taken to it. I sleep on my back and after four hours, my whole back would be sore, almost like I was lying on the floor for several hours. It just felt hard to me. My wife seems to like it, but she weighs 130 pounds less than me.

Right now I'm in the process of returning the Zinus bed. We had someone to pick it up to get the refund back because I'm coming up on my 30 nights and it's just not working. They told me I had to have someone at The Salvation Army or some donation place pick it up, which is fine. I contacted a place but they can't do it for three weeks and they can't do it on the weekends. Also, the Salvation Army tells me they're gonna come between 8:00 and 3:00, so I had to take a day off of work to be home because my wife doesn’t wanna be home alone with strangers in the house picking up the bed.

Then Zinus gave me a note from them that the mattress needs to be picked up by a certain date too, and I was like, “What do you want me to do? You're telling me to use the Salvation Army. They're telling me they can't come ‘til the 21st.” The last email I got back from the rep was, “We'll give you ‘til the 25th.” I'm like, “What if there's inclement weather and they cancel the pickup? If I scheduled now for the 21st, I got to wait another three weeks.” So I was very disappointed in that. They shouldn’t put a timeline when it's not my fault. This has now become a hassle for me to return this bed.

When I put the memory foam mattress topper on my old mattress, it made it very comfortable. So in my mind, I was thinking, “On the Zinus bed, that’s a memory foam why wouldn't it be comfortable? Now I can't get a new bed until I return this one. If I do get a new mattress, the new mattress company would come in and they would take away the Zinus bed. Then they’ll just throw it out, but then I don’t get my money back from Zinus. It puts the consumer in a tough spot because now I got to sleep on this bed. I'm uncomfortable with this for three weeks.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

I bought a bed and mattress for my son and a mattress for myself. I'm very happy with everything. The packaging was great. I was able to move it myself which is awesome. I saw some reviews saying that it smelled like a factory, but it did not smell like that at all. I left it in the packaging longer than expected because I wasn't ready to move my mattress out at the time that it came. I have seen some reviews how sheets may be a problem. But it took sheets just fine and it's been excellent. My only issue is that my bed is on a box spring. It doesn't have a frame. The mattress tends to slide around on the box spring. So, it doesn't stay even. It would make things easy if you put some kind of slip proof thing at the bottom. I haven't really looked at a way to fix it myself yet. But other than that, it's been a really good experience. I've already recommended Zinus to my mother.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

Our old bed was a little bit hard so we were looking for something that was a little bit softer. We then purchased a foam mattress through Zinus. We love it. It fits all of our needs and wants, so it's a really great bed. In fact, we're getting ready to buy another one.

Factual basis uncertain
      Original review: Feb. 13, 2017

Zinus 7" High Profile Folding Box Frame purchased 2/1/17 and I still do not have it! I call but get voicemail over and over until it rolls over to leaving a message. I have left multiple messages with no response. I have called Amazon.com for help but they have no power over 3rd party shippers. I was promised this product within 2 days of purchase. The only information I receive is from Amazon.com who tells me the product will be arriving 2/15/17. Totally unacceptable and I resent being lured into a bait and switch scheme, ignored and disrespected. Not only will I never purchase Zinus, Inc. products I will never utilize Amazon.com either as they were not clear on the fact that this was a 3rd party seller. Rating? -10 (It doesn't help knowing now that this product comes from South Korea).

Original review: Feb. 12, 2017

The memory foam pressure relief mattress I purchased from Zinus was great. My husband and I both love it. I am pregnant at the moment, so the bed is a little too firm for me. But after this prenatal stage, I think it will be perfect. The whole experience with Zinus was very good and the purchasing process of the bed was perfect. The only thing was that when the bed came, its smell, which one gets from any new product, lasted for about a week or two.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

I got the memory foam mattress from Zinus after I found out about them from a friend who had bought one. The bed has helped me sleep better and it doesn't hurt as much. However, when I ordered my bed it was supposed to be a 14 inch bed and when I measure it it’s only a 12 inch bed. I am not sure if I'm missing something but other than that, I love the bed and so far, I'm very satisfied with it.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

Zinus has good beds and mattresses. But the one I got has broken parts in the headboard. I have already sent pictures to the customer support and I've contacted them. Their rep said that she will check with the supervisor but they still haven't gotten back to me and it's almost been a month. Also, their delivery partner was not appropriate and I have contacted the dealers too and they are helping me. Nevertheless, my sleeping experience is nice and I would recommend Zinus to friends.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2017

I purchased the King size Memory Foam 10 Inch Pressure Relief Mattress along with a King size 14 inch SmartBase Elite Platform Bed/Mattress Foundation. They were purchased on a Friday and arrived the following Tuesday, super fast delivery! After removing the mattress from the box, it took maybe 2-3 hours max for it to expand to its actual size. I opted for the 10 inch rather than 12-14, which is what I initially wanted, due to the price. However I really don't think those couple of inches make much difference. My boyfriend put together the platform with no issue, everything was pretty self-explanatory. I have never slept on a memory foam mattress prior to this one so the first night or so it kind of took some getting used to sleeping on something brand new but not in a bad way. By the 3rd night we had adjusted just fine.

This mattress is incredibly comfortable. It is definitely firm but also soft, if that makes sense. I read a review someone had posted describing the feeling of a cloud cradling her while she sleeps, which is a pretty accurate analogy! The foam conforms to your body. I'm a stomach, side, and back sleeper but need to fall asleep on my stomach. I'm comfortable in any position on this mattress, while my previous spring mattress gave me constant aches and pains. I'm plus size while my boyfriend is around 200 pounds and we have not had any issue with the platform foundation squeaking, buckling, etc. It is very sturdy and quiet.

The only recommendation I have is to put some type of tape or material on the platform itself if you have a cover on the mattress. We purchased a mattress protector and the mattress does slide around because it's not very heavy. But some type of traction should fix this. There is a lot of space underneath to store items. Now that we're on our second week of sleeping on this mattress, I can 100% percent without a doubt say I will never purchase a regular spring mattress again. The idea that people pay thousands of dollars for overpriced mattresses that don't hold up when they could spend a fraction of the cost on a mattress this amazing boggles my mind. Thank you Zinus!!!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2017

The purchasing experience with Zinus Inc was fine, some of the information we were looking for were online like the firmness. I got the 12 inch gel mattress, the memory foam with the cooling gel on top. In terms of cooling, it actually performs pretty well. But we find that it doesn't provide enough support, it's a little too soft and it's thinner. But my overall experience has been good because they've agreed for us to keep the bed that we purchased and give away the mattress and process the refund. We might buy another mattress, something that is firmer and more suitable for our needs. However, they don't have a showroom so it’s not possible to let me feel the mattress before I buy it. But if they could provide a rating of the firmness, I would really appreciate that.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

My Zinus memory foam is great so far. I used to have a spring mattress and this foam’s working better for me. The memory foam was slightly cheaper than a lot of the other ones I could find and also I could get it shipped to my new house, so that was good. Also, the frame was really easy to set up.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2017

Our old bed was starting to sag in the middle. My husband did the research, looked online, and picked Zinus because of the price, reviews, and chose the hybrid. He wanted something more firm, so this mattress fits him. The quality for the price is above average. The delivery was on time and it was easy to set up. I made a call to customer service to ask some questions, and they were responsive. I'd recommend it.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

I did a lot of online research and aside from the reviews, I found Zinus to have a very good price. The fact that it came delivered to the house was also great. I was very happy with the bed. I got the green tea memory foam and I also got frames for myself and my son. They were amazingly simple to transport and put together. We find it quite easy to use. I have 14 bedrooms in this house so I will need their services again. I have recommended them already.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

I am incredibly impressed with Zinus memory foam mattresses. It’s awesome and is probably the best money we spent all Christmas. It costed us just under $300 and that bed is fabulous. Also, it was very easy to order online and shipping was excellent. I could also track my shipping online and we were very satisfied.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

I’m a happy Zinus customer. My experience was spectacular, and I love it. I stayed at a friend’s house who had a mattress from Zinus, and I got to lie on it and it made my back feel good. I then purchased a foam mattress with the gel in it through Zinus. The delivery was quick and the setup was easy. Since using it, my back feels great. In fact, it exceeded my expectations. I get a better night’s sleep. I’m getting a little older, so I had an achy back in my old mattress, and in this mattress, I don’t have it anymore. After a week of sleeping on it, my back doesn’t hurt anymore. It was a pleasure doing business with Zinus.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

I had a Sleep Number before and it was getting old. I checked out several things and I had to have money to give Zinus a shot because of the pricing. When I did, I bought two memory foams. They're much more comfortable and I love it. Also, the company was great to work with.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

Zinus was highly recommended by a friend who had just also purchased a mattress, and the price as well as the door-to-door shipping were unbeatable. However, I ended up purchasing online over a weekend and no one was available at customer service. I was trying to take advantage of the 10% off that they offered during the Veterans Day sale. It was also unclear when I was looking at the various platforms what the actual dimensions were and if these would fit inside my existing bed frame.

Both my son and I had full bed frames, and I wanted to eliminate the box spring and get the platform instead but it was difficult for me to tell. Although the website gave certain dimensions, there was nothing there that definitively said, "This is your official footprint and if you are working within a confined space, this is what it's going to require." That would have been really helpful because I'm sure I'm not the only person in that situation, considering the elimination of a box spring but not wanting to get rid of the bed.

As for the shipping, I bought a mattress for myself and a mattress and a platform for my son, and his arrived at the same time. A couple of days had gone by and I still hadn't received mine. I tracked my order and Zinus had somehow left mine off the order and ended up having to send it separately. So, there was a little bit of a hiccup in the process, but it was ultimately resolved within a reasonable time frame. Ultimately, it was a relatively painless and easy experience. The product itself is good and definitely better in quality than my previous one. In the end, what really matters most is that the product does what they say it's supposed to do.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

We purchased the gel memory foam from Zinus. We went with them because we had some friends that got one and they had good feedback so we just followed their lead. It was seamless on delivery and we are liking our purchase. It has worked out to be what we hoped it would and it's better than what we had in the past. So far everything has been very good.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2017

I'm loving the memory foam I bought from Zinus. Since having the mattress, I could sleep better than in my old, expensive one. I like the bed that I don't even want to get up. Also, ordering was easy. It was indeed a good experience.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

My husband did some research and found Zinus website and we bought a memory foam mattress and box spring because they were reasonably priced for what they were. We like the mattress so far. It seems to be working out well and hopefully it continues to be a good mattress.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

We purchased a memory foam from Zinus. It is good and I certainly recommend it, however, I think it is not that foam.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

I recently purchased a memory foam through Zinus, and it has met my expectations. I ordered it on their website which was easy to navigate, but I got it through Walmart, which is one of their distributors. The delivery timeframe was good. I wasn’t here when it was delivered, and it had to be managed by the property managers here, but the delivery team got it into my front door. I used to have a very nice Stearns & Foster Golden Elegance, but it was just a standard spring mattress. It’s the first time I’ve owned a memory foam. I was a little reticent going into it. I was afraid I would sleep hot, but it’s fine. It’s comfortable and I’m happy with it. In fact, we may buy a queen once my wife flies out here and see if she likes the one that we’ll be sleeping on.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

Pros: comfortable mattress, good price. Cons: slow shipping time, pieces delivered on different days, poor customer service, purchased products removed from website. I purchased a mattress and bed frame through the Zinus Memorial Day sale - on a Monday. The website states 4-5 days shipping time for my location (FL) so I expected everything to come that Friday at best and the following Monday at worst. The mattress came the following Tuesday. The bed frame has yet to come (it is Wednesday). I opened the mattress to expand and sleep on it since I had been sleeping on the floor for a few nights, expecting I would have already had a bed by this time.

I called the customer service number twice. The first time was to inquire about the mattress and frame sizes to make enough space in my new bedroom. This is because the products I ordered were no longer listed on the website a week after I ordered them (not even a page with 'out of stock'). A girl answered the phone who sounded like she was at a slumber party. It was noisy in the background, and she was constantly saying "What?" and "Huh?" She never even said she was a rep for Zinus nor her name, and she gave me generic mattress and frame measurements since I assume she couldn't find the exact ones I had ordered.

The second time I called customer service was yesterday once my mattress arrived but not the frame. I understand a rep is merely a messenger, but the reasoning for the delay in delivery and separation of the order was that the boxes may have been too heavy and that there is a 1-2 day processing time in addition to the 4-5 day shipping time. Also, FedEx does not deliver on the weekends, so it could be almost 2 weeks for an order to arrive if there are any unexpected delays.

The website is very misleading in making customers think the order will actually arrive in 4-5 days. There is no clear mention of processing time, or the fact that they are basing the estimates on FedEx delivery days/non-delivery days. 3 days extra isn't life or death, but I would prefer to have an honest and accurate estimate of delivery rather than falsified information encouraging purchases.

I found Zinus through searching on Amazon for beds. The company name was featured so I visited their website directly. Maybe they rely on Amazon to handle customer service duties, but it is hard to find certain info on the company website. I used the mattress on the floor the first night and it was comfortable. Hopefully it feels the same once it is on the actual bed frame.

Zinus, Inc response

Dear customer:

Thank you for your recent purchase. I looked into the details of your order and was glad that your bed frame was delivered very next day! We apologize that your order took longer than expected to get delivered. Your item was not available in our South Carolina warehouse so it shipped out of our California warehouse. Once FedEx picks up our shipments, we have no control over transit times. We hope that you are enjoying our mattress and bed frame and please advise if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you!

Zinus

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

I purchased a mattress and a base through Zinus, and it’s far better and more comfortable compared to the bed I previously owned. I’m totally happy with the product. It's very good and delivered on time.

Zinus, Inc Company Information