2. Homeowners

Zinus, Inc

Zinus, Inc
Shop on Amazon
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.70/5

Founded in 1979, Zinus began as an outdoor products company that focused on comfort-oriented furniture, tents and more. Since 2003, Zinus has shifted their focus to indoor products with comfort being top of mind. Mattresses and mattress foundations are Zinus’ specialty. Zinus offers a large assortment of well-designed products for customers at affordable prices. Our goal is to deliver the worlds finest sleep products for everyone’s lifestyle. Are you ready to sleep better? Visit our website today!

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

Zinus, Inc Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zinus, Inc?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zinus?

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

Zinus fails on so many accounts - they did not deliver their product when they said they would (fine), but when asked for an update, their staff was anything but helpful. Asking me to do things I already did, making me wait 48 hours before a response. They raised their voice at me on the phone. My guests had to sleep on an air mattress because they missed their commitments, and their response was to give me a 10% discount and implied that's what I agreed to. They asked me to DM them on Instagram, which I did, to which they did not respond, and instead, they blocked me on Instagram.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

I don't think I've ever written a review before in my entire life. My experience with Zinus customer service, however, has been so frustrating and so disorganized that I feel the need to open this Pandora's Box. Before I begin, I want to say that I have not yet received my mattress so I can't comment on the actual product's quality. My good friend bought from Zinus and loves her mattress. It's also one of the cheapest options for a foam mattress out there, so overall probably a good deal. If I didn't think so I wouldn't be here writing this review, because I would have given up on the company a long time ago.

That aside, though, I have had a thoroughly nightmarish experience with their customer service team. Three days after my expected delivery date went by the FedEx tracking page stopped updating altogether. I waited a few additional days, in case it was a glitch, but still no updates and no mattress. At that point, I contacted FedEx to see when the package would be arriving. They said it would come "tomorrow" for three consecutive days until they finally admitted the package had been lost (I could write a whole other review ranting about FedEx, but I won't bore you with that here). Throughout that entire week, from Monday-Friday (the week following the Wednesday the mattress was supposed to be delivered and the Friday that the tracking stopped updating), Zinus had no information for me. They told me to stay in contact with FedEx, because they had no idea what was going on.

Finally, on that Friday, FedEx declared the package lost and I sent the FedEx Claim No. to Zinus. They said they would escalate the issue to their "Tier 2" team and get back to me within 2 days. They never did. I called again to check on the status. On the phone they once again told me to wait for a response from the Tier 2 team. This time I asked to talk to someone in charge of the case. They said no one was available but one of them would call me back in an hour. Spoiler alert: no one did. I called back 3 hours later and finally got a hold of someone handling my case, only to have them tell me, finally, that they thought the package was lost. They sent me an email telling me to "stand by" for the tracking information for a replacement mattress, which I thought was promising. Of course, it's been three days since then, and I've received nothing.

Further correspondence with them has gotten me responses like "Please wait until the end of the day tomorrow for your tracking information" for three days straight. Long story short, their customer service blows. Big time. And if you made it to the end of this review without hating me (or at all), I commend you. I would hate me too if I saw me like this. TLDR Zinus customer service is destroying me day by day and plunging me into madness.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

Updated on 05/21/2020: We purchased 14” Cal King Zinus gel foam mattress about 8-9 months ago. Finding fitted sheets that fit and stay on this mattress has so far been impossible. We had to get suspenders for the sheets. Changing sheets is a huge pain. Try lifting this mattress and hooking up the suspenders when changing sheets. I wrote Zinus and “Angel” from Zinus customer service wrote back to go to a tailor and have custom sheets made! I’m writing Sams Club as well.

This is the worst possible customer service response I could have imagined. We had 3-4 different fitted sheets from our old mattress we replaced as well as we’ve purchased a couple more sets from different places. The corners lift up when you’re sleeping in the mattress. The sheets clump up. The mattress is comfortable to sleep on but really heavy to move when changing sheets and having to lift mattress to get suspenders on sheet corners. Frustrated with Zinus lack of care with their product not being a market standard size and not being helpful with sheets not fitting!!!

Original: We purchased a Zinus Cal King 12" gel foam hybrid mattress 2 months ago. We have 5-6 Cal King fitted sheet sets and none will stay on the ZInus mattress corners. When I contacted ZInus. They say my sheets (the Cal King) are the wrong size. First they said I needed a new mattress cover which we had bought brand new when the mattress was delivered. A Cal King cover. I usually have to pull the sheet corners back to cover the corners of the mattress at twice a night IF I don't want to sleep on crumpled up, wadded sheets. We have sheets from our old Cal King we got rid of when we purchased the ZInus mattress. Some are older than others and they all are different brand sheets bought at different online or local stores.

The Zinus customer reps deflected any input from me on that maybe the Zinus mattresses need a "certain sheet" and I wrote to see if they'd recommend a manufacturer that fits their mattresses. But, got no help other than make sure I bought a 84" x 72" inch sheets which is silly. That's what all Cal King sheets are. So, we're still wondering how to solve this. We just ordered sheet corner suspenders to try...for both the sheets and the mattress cover. We never had this problem with our old mattress we just gave up. So far, not a big fan of Zinus customer service. The mattress sleeps pretty comfortable...although I find myself sweating more than I did with our older mattress. I picked out the mattress saying it had a cooling gel in it. But, hmmm. Not so much.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

I should have insisted on what I knew I really wanted. Like the mattress and frame, it is level firm just as I wanted, however, I wanted to order the taller frame and thicker mattress. Reason: All the blankets and coverlets that are made for the size mattress I have hang too low. Nothing fits without overhang flowing on the floor. I have to tuck it under or push the covers under the mattress, This has limited my options.. This happened because during ordering settings have a tendency to move from presets and or what you have chosen as I moved around the site making decisions. It was not till after the purchase did I realize the changes. I called immediately and they said it was already processed and could not be changed. Rather than go through the hassle Of returning I will keep this and purchase my next beds somewhere else.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

Purchased a mattress topper, something that's not very expensive but still supposed to be warranted through the company. Less than a day in I noticed the topper was defective with tears in the foam, so instantly I got the email address from the inside information. Needless to say they have done nothing but give me the runaround about replacing. I provided photos of the item and the online shipping and order info as they don't seem to ship receipts with online order. Finally after a week I get a response saying they would be glad to help but I needed to provide better info and more info, so again I sent the same information. They replied that they needed a receipt, so again I explained that my purchase order online was my receipt, and now it's been another week and to my dismay, they have yet to respond again.

I have now since filed a complaint against the company with the BBB, not that it will do much good I'm sure, but whomever I am dealing with, does not respond to emails, and when they do they seem to repeat the same info. I have asked for a phone number to the company and they have failed to provide even that. Seems to me that if I could give them zero stars I certainly would. I don't think I have ever had an experience that was this bad regarding a warranty item ever in my life. And all I asked was for a simple replacement of an item that was under fifty bucks and they can't even do that. I definitely will never purchase anything that has their company name on it... Absolutely horrible customer service...

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I've reached out to their support expecting that they'll help me. Did had an exchange of email, but it seems like their support doesn't really know what she's doing (Jonalyn). It's a waste of time and will not bother reaching out to them in the future.

Original review: July 25, 2019

Zinus mattresses in my experience are no good. I bought a full-size mattress that showed a defect within a year. Believing in the 10 years warranty, I contacted the company and the after-sales was very very bad. They kept asking for more pictures and responded late and finally wanted a lot of my time. I never got any replacement either. Even after sharing a video of the defect, the examiner could not find any manufacturing defect. Very bad experience. Would never recommend if you want good after-sales. I will not recommend it to anyone.

Original review: July 22, 2019

I ordered a King mattress frame, a week later I inquired about the order status being that tracking showed it had been ordered but not shipped. I tried numerous times to call the 1-800 number to no avail - nobody ever answered. I kept my phone on to see how long - it was over an hour, the same song playing over and over.

I tried using the online chat, asking to check the status of my order. I kept getting the response that they were passing it off to Operations Management and that somebody would email me "soon" with a response. It's been 24 hours and still no response. I went with Zinus' website instead of thru Amazon bc it was a little cheaper, but I wouldn't recommend it, at least Amazon has customer support... I will never buy something through this company again.

Original review: June 26, 2019

Zinus has really decent products for the prices. Their mattresses have plenty of options and are really good. The biggest problem with Zinus if you buy direct, is they will ship thousands of dollars of furniture on Fedex without a signature required as part of an inclusive price. Almost all companies worldwide that ship merchandise with value over $100 will require a signature. In this case we bought about $4000 worth of furniture and it was all stolen because it was left in the driveway because nobody was home. Fedex is not liable, because Zinus has chosen to save a few dollars on shipping and enable Fedex to do this.

Zinus also is assuming all risk that the customer will receive all goods. And legally they just didn’t understand that. There are no terms on their website or receipt when you checkout on their website. So essentially every time something like this happens, it is a failure to provide goods sold. And we spent weeks with their customer service and management explaining it. They continued to be stubborn and kept pointing at Fedex. In the end our credit card company just refunded the money and they have yet to change their policy. I’m sure all customers would pay an extra $20 for peace of mind. Please be careful if you are going to buy direct on their website. Hopefully you can find somewhere else to buy their product like Amazon.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I purchased the smart base, steel bed frame in the twin/full size from Walmart. The frame is a good frame. The problem lies with the company. The box promises two brackets for attaching a headboard. They are missing from the box. And were mistakenly not packed at the factory. When I called the company to ask these be mailed to me I was given the runaround and told that they couldn't verify that they were to be included. I provided pictures of the box showing that they were promised. I also provided pictures of the product number, the receipt of purchase and pictures of the instructions as requested and still I was refused the parts that are missing. The company is hard to deal with and won't honour their product warranty or promises.

Original review: June 10, 2019

Zinus may have a good product but their customer service let me down in a big way. When ordering a mattress at their website the site lead me to believe delivery would be less than one week. After the order was placed and my card was charged I discovered delivery is 7-15 days. I called customer service right away and requested expedited shipment. I was assured this would be handled but it was not. The order was shipped regular and even thought I had it shipped to a business address. They listed it as residential. I know they offer 100% return policy but that does not help as now I have to find a mattress locally as it’s needed before the schedule deliver date. Order # **.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I bought one Mattress and my name was actually chosen to receive a product of my choosing. I chose another mattress for my daughter and son in law. After a few weeks my son in law is in pain from it being too soft. The old bed is long gone. Zinus and their touted fabulous Warranty/Exchange is not available because I won the product. Even though the product is unacceptable. I wish I had read all these nightmare reviews prior to ever getting involved with this Company. DO NOT BUY FROM ZINUS.

Original review: April 19, 2019

Extremely disappointed. Bought the mattress, and in time, it is bent in the middle like no-one´s business. I went through the process, and it turns out that they say "they don´t want to provide me a shorter warranty period than the 10 years they offer." The label in the mattress states that it was made in November 2013. Therefore it is under warranty. But it is defective. But they "cannot" award the warranty. I have no way of finding the proof of purchase and the seller has even provided a statement that they cannot go back the 4 years that we need to process the replacement. I am not asking for money back. After a month of back and forths. So they don´t want to provide me "a shorter warranty than I deserve". They just refuse to provide any warranty at all. And they call this customer service?

Original review: April 16, 2019

I bought a Zinus mattress to go in my couch. The price was only like 99 dollars. It has great support and no springs and is cool and not hot. It also folds up into the couch nicely. I would recomend.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I really think I made a terrific choice in buying two of these mattresses. This mattress is comfortable and sturdy. I have had it three months and only in cold weather but it seems to be temperature pleasant!

Original review: March 12, 2019

Ordered a twin mattress from this company on 2/20/2018. By 3/14/2019 they still had not shipped my bed and were not responding to calls or emails. I finally received my bed on 3/28/2018, they never returned my calls or emails. Mattress that arrived was a queen, not a twin like I ordered. Between 3/29/2018 and 5/9/2019 I made multiple calls and send many emails before they finally replied and sent me a return form. Returned the bed and finally got a refund by 5/11/2019. 79 days. SEVENTY NINE DAYS I was waiting on this, still needing a bed the whole time. This company is TRASH.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Bought a mattress from Zinus two years ago, and it started to sag earlier this year. Contacted Zinus, and Zinus refused to honor the warranty. What a horrible company! Stay away from Zinus! They suck!!

Original review: March 2, 2019

Do yourselves a favor and don't order from Zinus website! You can get their products elsewhere, even cheaper and immediate delivery or pick up in Walmart for example. I made my order on Thursday Feb 21. Only after ordering I read in the email that shipment will take 7 to 10 days and had seen the same platform at Walmart.

So 2 days later seeing that the order status hadn't changed, I contacted customer service email. Then they magically provide a FedEx label, which only after contacting them appeared in my order account. Anyway, I couldn't cancel order because the label had been created, though there has never been any shipment history in 10 days!!! I have written to customer service a couple times about this issue and they keep redirecting me to this FedEx label number as if the order is indeed about to be shipped. They said it will take 1 to 3 business days for them to scan. Well it's now 10 days, 7 business days and nothing has changed.

This was the first time I ordered from zinus and it's my last for sure! I have no idea if I'll ever received this frame and customer service hasn't helped at all even though I contacted them early. Without any chance to cancel my order, but no platform to put my new mattress on, I have to now spend twice the money to buy a platform locally.

Original review: March 1, 2019

So four days ago bought a Slumber One mattress coil pressure relief. Ya right this is the worst mattress I have ever bought. I literally can not even sleep on it so I called them to try and get a return. "Oh you must take it back to where you purchased it." So I call and try to tell them what Zinus said and they will not return it even though it has not even been slept on. It has been out of the box. Yet their website states you can return within 100 days. Nope sorry. You must return to where you purchased. Well they won't accept it so now I am out 225 dollars because you are out here scamming people for the worst mattress ever. Kinda pissed off and I will never buy your product again and I will be telling as many people as I possibly can about this issue.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Beware this mattress! My 3 year granddaughter was playing on the bed and started complaining of hurting all over. Look initially looked like she was getting a rapidly spreading rash. On closer inspection I could see something shiny covering her whole body. Looked at the mattress and it was covering the whole bed! Looked at the label on the mattress and it says 64% glass fiber. I can't believe it's even legal to sell this product!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

The Zinus return policy states, on their website, that the mattress can be returned within 100 days for a full return as long as there are no smells, stains, etc. There is a bolded sentence that states you have to contact them about a mattress that has been decompressed. It turns out, once you take it out of the box, they will not take it back. You have to find a place to donate it to and then send the donation receipt. While this seems like a environmentally friendly idea, there are very few (I haven't found any in my area) places that accept mattresses as a donation. The other option is to throw it into a garbage bin and take a picture of it in the bin to prove that you no longer have it in your possession. I wanted to post a free ad on Craigslist or other website and take a picture of it being driven off by a community member but that was not an option. This is just poor service. Bottom line, if you want to return the mattress, don't take it out of the box.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I bought this Zinus mattress because of the warranty. I purchased in my local store. When I arrived home unpacked it. Let it rise for the full 72 hours. Didn't rise all the way has unleveling throughout the mattress & is killing my back! Walmart won't take it back because it was opened & used. Zinus has been a nightmare .I sent the pictures now including this morning. 4X my phone carrier even sent them and said they received them. I just want my money back which is one of the options. (01/14/19) date of purchase.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

The warranty is only a gimmick! I have been satisfied with my mattress for the last 10 months that I’ve owned it. However, recently I vacuumed the top pad with a light duty hand vac and it started to suck threads out of the mattress. Not just a few but long 4 foot strings. Looking closer I could see the thread surfacing all over the mattress in places I hadn’t touched with the vacuum. So I contacted Customer Support (which I have never done on any product before. The first response was to recommend a warranty claim. So I followed their lead and filed a support ticket, In it, I described in detail what I saw and gave my opinion that it was a manufacturing flaw that could just be batch related. I attached pictures of the issue. After a week this was my response;

“Thank you for contacting Zinus. For cleaning purposes, we recommend spot cleaning the cover with cold water and light detergent. Using a vacuum is not recommended as it can cause damage. For this reason unfortunately this is not covered by warranty." Honestly, I wasn’t fishing for a new mattress, I was just wanting an explanation about how a product 10 months old was literally falling apart when I lightly hand vacuumed it. I have a one bedroom apartment, exchanging that mattress would create more of a headache anyway. However, the response I got was a short, insensitive, and legal one regarding my dilemma and NOT one that should come from “customer service”.

I mean this is a clear issue. If the mattress is so fragile that running a hand vac over it destroys it speaks volumes about the quality. Granted washing it, I would use light soap as they instructed, but just getting the dust and dander off of it with a hand vacuum not a full-sized one, shouldn’t damage it... Certainly not the way I witnessed. It goes without saying, That I am very disappointed, since I chose to go with the underdog in buying this mattress in the first place. I personally would recommend going with some of the more reputable manufacturers as I hear they stand by their warranties... More than likely because their product doesn’t fail like Zinus’s did for me. Buyer be very very wary!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I purchased a bed from Zinus on Amazon in August. Two weeks after assembling the bed, I notice how poorly the materials have been machined. The three center support legs were poorly designed and could not properly hold the weight of two adults (less than 325 lbs) without loosening up due to a lack of support at the connection point. The bed dug into and permanently scarred my bamboo floors because the legs were angled during normal use. I rent my home, so now I will be out a security deposit, and a hefty one at that. Naturally, I went to get a refund and/ or replacement for the bed. Zinus answered me promptly at first, but when I provided proof of purchase they ghosted me. Two weeks pass, and at this point the legs at the foot of the bed literally snap, leaving the bed at 45 degree angle.

At this point, I'm sleeping on the couch and contacting Zinus daily with no response. I decide to reach out to Amazon for help. They send out a replacement and demand that I disassemble and box up the other bed to have sent back. This is incredibly inconvenient as the bed is 80 lbs and 10 feet long when boxed and I did not have the materials lying around to complete this task. So I go through with all of it. Source a box, take it apart. In the process my stereo was damaged beyond repair. Technically my fault, but 100% related to me having to take this cumbersome, heavy bed apart to return a frame that has snapped in half...felt unnecessary to have to send it in, but I wanted to play ball so I could get the customer service I expected.

Literally the day after I receive my replacement from Amazon, I hear back from Zinus and they say they're sending a replacement. I told them to cancel it, they said they couldn't, but that I could deny the package when it arrives. So I take a vacation day to intercept and deny the package. The package shows up a day late. I lost a vacation day based on their poor timing and problem solving. Meanwhile, Amazon sent UPS to pick up my return way earlier than they said they would and so I miss my window for the return pick up. So now I've got two massive boxes on my porch; one incoming, one outgoing. My house is so small that this was a big deal for my roommate and neighbors, not to mention myself.

Zinus asks me to send the outgoing package to them direct and they'll refund me for the bed. I do this and now they're stiffing me, refusing to refund me. This customer service team is the epitome of poor online buying experiences. No storefront to drive the bed to and just get it all over with. This process has taken over a month and a half and I have still not received my refund and I'm giving up. I can't put into words how frustrating this entire experience has been and how much stress it has introduced into my life.

I've spent hours on the phone, on customer service chats and dissembling and assembling this awful product. None of my qualms have been resolved in one or two correspondences. It is literally work to deal with this people. I highly recommend avoiding this company. They make poor to mediocre products and they do not have the infrastructure to take care of their customers when the inevitable happens and your product breaks or isn't what you expected. I'm giving the company's customer service a 1 star review, however, the product I purchased also gets 1 star due to the IKEA-like lack of quality. Poorly made, built to be replaced sooner rather than later.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

We purchased this and opened it to expand. We smelled the chemical smell, but thought it would clear up. 2 weeks later my daughter can't sleep on the mattress nor in the room that it is in. She has complained of headaches and this morning, had to go the E.R. for a breathing treatment which may have been triggered by the smell. I'm taking this back. I'm curious and very concerned about what that strange smell is.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

This memory foam mattress I purchased on Walmart.com for my new apartment immediately emitted an overwhelming chemical smell when released from its plastic packaging. The chemical release with odor ended up lasting for over SIX weeks even with windows open. I had sharp headaches, chest pain and my first ever bright red, peeling eye rashes with extreme swelling early mornings each time I tried to sleep on this mattress. I still had access to the studio I was moving out of, and had to sleep there for the entire month. Repackaging the product for Return is not possible, as it comes pressure sealed.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I've purchased 2 items from them in the past, a bed frame and mattress, and they're decent quality for the price. Happy with the purchase overall. Ordered a couch as well but decided to cancel the order. The issues come when it's time to talk to customer service. I cancelled the 3rd item I purchased from them 3 days before it was set to ship out. They decided to ship it out anyways. Told me to refuse the shipment when it arrived and I would be refunded as soon as they confirmed it was heading back their way. Instead of waiting days for it to arrive from the other side of the country, I called FedEx and was able to refuse delivery before it even arrived at their delivery center. FedEx immediately emailed Zinus about the item returning to them. Zinus took 2 days to 'confirm' (finally look at the email and call to confirm) that the item was indeed returning.

Don't give them too much credit, I called them and refused to let it go until they contacted FedEx directly. They now said a refund has been initiated, and funds will be back in my account in 2-3 business days. That was a full week ago. Thankfully I had email confirmation of that refund promise. Called once more to ask why I haven't seen the funds: "we'll have to submit your refund request to management for approval once we receive the item". Refused to acknowledge promised refund from previous discussion. Would not email me to give me a paper-trail of them submitting the (2nd) refund request or doing anything at all. Sent them one last strongly worded email describing everything, stating my intent to issue a charge-back in a week if they do nothing. Somehow I doubt I'll be able to get a dime from them without a charge-back.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

It's less than a year that my husband and I have been sleeping on this 12" foam mattress. Odor not bad upon opening and comfortable at first. Now 9 months later I'm waking up with backache and rolling into the middle of bed. The mattress has been turned around with no difference in sleep. My husband gets up during the night due to heat and sleeps on a 15 year old mattress in another room. Sorry we purchased this foam mattress.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Here my history. I bought this Zinus Memory Foam mattress 12" on December 8th and was delivered by FedEx on December 19. My first red flag: The package was sended by Amazon RETURN CENTER (Can I assume was a product returned by somebody else?). Second red flag: The package was in a terrible condition. Third red flag: After opened the box and decompressed the mattress, came out a terrible odor and it smells really bad. My entire apartment smells of mold and mildew because of this mattress. I have almost a month (01/02/2019) and after several calls to Amazon finally they gonna pick up the mattress tomorrow. The mattress never took the size that suppose to be (12") and the mildew odor still terrible at home. Finally I'm really surprised Amazon still selling this brand. I wished read all reviews on a different websites before entering to this nightmare. I think Zinus should be investigate under The Consumer Protection Act.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I ordered a bed frame and mattress thru Costco. It arrived on time but my room remodel wasn't done so it was stored in my garage. When I did finally get to installing the bed I was impressed by the clear instructions, ease of assembly, and quality of the product. All tools and fasteners required were included. There were no flaws in the materials. The mattress had a slight odor, which is mentioned in several other reviews, but it dissipated in a few hours, and it's winter here, windows closed. I'm a furniture engineer and appreciate well designed and manufactured product. I will recommend this to friends.

Zinus, Inc Company Information