Zinus, Inc
1.35/5

Need a good mattress?

Zinus, Inc

Founded in 1979, Zinus began as an outdoor products company that focused on comfort-oriented furniture, tents and more. Since 2003, Zinus has shifted their focus to indoor products with comfort being top of mind. Mattresses and mattress foundations are Zinus’ specialty. Zinus offers a large assortment of well-designed products for customers at affordable prices. Our goal is to deliver the worlds finest sleep products for everyone’s lifestyle. Are you ready to sleep better? Visit our website today!

Need a good mattress?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Zinus, Inc Reviews

Original review: April 19, 2019

Extremely disappointed. Bought the mattress, and in time, it is bent in the middle like no-one´s business. I went through the process, and it turns out that they say "they don´t want to provide me a shorter warranty period than the 10 years they offer." The label in the mattress states that it was made in November 2013. Therefore it is under warranty. But it is defective. But they "cannot" award the warranty. I have no way of finding the proof of purchase and the seller has even provided a statement that they cannot go back the 4 years that we need to process the replacement. I am not asking for money back. After a month of back and forths. So they don´t want to provide me "a shorter warranty than I deserve". They just refuse to provide any warranty at all. And they call this customer service?

Original review: March 12, 2019

Ordered a twin mattress from this company on 2/20/2018. By 3/14/2019 they still had not shipped my bed and were not responding to calls or emails. I finally received my bed on 3/28/2018, they never returned my calls or emails. Mattress that arrived was a queen, not a twin like I ordered. Between 3/29/2018 and 5/9/2019 I made multiple calls and send many emails before they finally replied and sent me a return form. Returned the bed and finally got a refund by 5/11/2019. 79 days. SEVENTY NINE DAYS I was waiting on this, still needing a bed the whole time. This company is TRASH.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: March 8, 2019

Bought a mattress from Zinus two years ago, and it started to sag earlier this year. Contacted Zinus, and Zinus refused to honor the warranty. What a horrible company! Stay away from Zinus! They suck!!

Original review: March 2, 2019

Do yourselves a favor and don't order from Zinus website! You can get their products elsewhere, even cheaper and immediate delivery or pick up in Walmart for example. I made my order on Thursday Feb 21. Only after ordering I read in the email that shipment will take 7 to 10 days and had seen the same platform at Walmart.

So 2 days later seeing that the order status hadn't changed, I contacted customer service email. Then they magically provide a FedEx label, which only after contacting them appeared in my order account. Anyway, I couldn't cancel order because the label had been created, though there has never been any shipment history in 10 days!!! I have written to customer service a couple times about this issue and they keep redirecting me to this FedEx label number as if the order is indeed about to be shipped. They said it will take 1 to 3 business days for them to scan. Well it's now 10 days, 7 business days and nothing has changed.

This was the first time I ordered from zinus and it's my last for sure! I have no idea if I'll ever received this frame and customer service hasn't helped at all even though I contacted them early. Without any chance to cancel my order, but no platform to put my new mattress on, I have to now spend twice the money to buy a platform locally.

Original review: March 1, 2019

So four days ago bought a Slumber One mattress coil pressure relief. Ya right this is the worst mattress I have ever bought. I literally can not even sleep on it so I called them to try and get a return. "Oh you must take it back to where you purchased it." So I call and try to tell them what Zinus said and they will not return it even though it has not even been slept on. It has been out of the box. Yet their website states you can return within 100 days. Nope sorry. You must return to where you purchased. Well they won't accept it so now I am out 225 dollars because you are out here scamming people for the worst mattress ever. Kinda pissed off and I will never buy your product again and I will be telling as many people as I possibly can about this issue.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zinus?

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Beware this mattress! My 3 year granddaughter was playing on the bed and started complaining of hurting all over. Look initially looked like she was getting a rapidly spreading rash. On closer inspection I could see something shiny covering her whole body. Looked at the mattress and it was covering the whole bed! Looked at the label on the mattress and it says 64% glass fiber. I can't believe it's even legal to sell this product!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

The Zinus return policy states, on their website, that the mattress can be returned within 100 days for a full return as long as there are no smells, stains, etc. There is a bolded sentence that states you have to contact them about a mattress that has been decompressed. It turns out, once you take it out of the box, they will not take it back. You have to find a place to donate it to and then send the donation receipt. While this seems like a environmentally friendly idea, there are very few (I haven't found any in my area) places that accept mattresses as a donation. The other option is to throw it into a garbage bin and take a picture of it in the bin to prove that you no longer have it in your possession. I wanted to post a free ad on Craigslist or other website and take a picture of it being driven off by a community member but that was not an option. This is just poor service. Bottom line, if you want to return the mattress, don't take it out of the box.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I bought this Zinus mattress because of the warranty. I purchased in my local store. When I arrived home unpacked it. Let it rise for the full 72 hours. Didn't rise all the way has unleveling throughout the mattress & is killing my back! Walmart won't take it back because it was opened & used. Zinus has been a nightmare .I sent the pictures now including this morning. 4X my phone carrier even sent them and said they received them. I just want my money back which is one of the options. (01/14/19) date of purchase.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

The warranty is only a gimmick! I have been satisfied with my mattress for the last 10 months that I’ve owned it. However, recently I vacuumed the top pad with a light duty hand vac and it started to suck threads out of the mattress. Not just a few but long 4 foot strings. Looking closer I could see the thread surfacing all over the mattress in places I hadn’t touched with the vacuum. So I contacted Customer Support (which I have never done on any product before. The first response was to recommend a warranty claim. So I followed their lead and filed a support ticket, In it, I described in detail what I saw and gave my opinion that it was a manufacturing flaw that could just be batch related. I attached pictures of the issue. After a week this was my response;

“Thank you for contacting Zinus. For cleaning purposes, we recommend spot cleaning the cover with cold water and light detergent. Using a vacuum is not recommended as it can cause damage. For this reason unfortunately this is not covered by warranty." Honestly, I wasn’t fishing for a new mattress, I was just wanting an explanation about how a product 10 months old was literally falling apart when I lightly hand vacuumed it. I have a one bedroom apartment, exchanging that mattress would create more of a headache anyway. However, the response I got was a short, insensitive, and legal one regarding my dilemma and NOT one that should come from “customer service”.

I mean this is a clear issue. If the mattress is so fragile that running a hand vac over it destroys it speaks volumes about the quality. Granted washing it, I would use light soap as they instructed, but just getting the dust and dander off of it with a hand vacuum not a full-sized one, shouldn’t damage it... Certainly not the way I witnessed. It goes without saying, That I am very disappointed, since I chose to go with the underdog in buying this mattress in the first place. I personally would recommend going with some of the more reputable manufacturers as I hear they stand by their warranties... More than likely because their product doesn’t fail like Zinus’s did for me. Buyer be very very wary!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I purchased a bed from Zinus on Amazon in August. Two weeks after assembling the bed, I notice how poorly the materials have been machined. The three center support legs were poorly designed and could not properly hold the weight of two adults (less than 325 lbs) without loosening up due to a lack of support at the connection point. The bed dug into and permanently scarred my bamboo floors because the legs were angled during normal use. I rent my home, so now I will be out a security deposit, and a hefty one at that. Naturally, I went to get a refund and/ or replacement for the bed. Zinus answered me promptly at first, but when I provided proof of purchase they ghosted me. Two weeks pass, and at this point the legs at the foot of the bed literally snap, leaving the bed at 45 degree angle.

At this point, I'm sleeping on the couch and contacting Zinus daily with no response. I decide to reach out to Amazon for help. They send out a replacement and demand that I disassemble and box up the other bed to have sent back. This is incredibly inconvenient as the bed is 80 lbs and 10 feet long when boxed and I did not have the materials lying around to complete this task. So I go through with all of it. Source a box, take it apart. In the process my stereo was damaged beyond repair. Technically my fault, but 100% related to me having to take this cumbersome, heavy bed apart to return a frame that has snapped in half...felt unnecessary to have to send it in, but I wanted to play ball so I could get the customer service I expected.

Literally the day after I receive my replacement from Amazon, I hear back from Zinus and they say they're sending a replacement. I told them to cancel it, they said they couldn't, but that I could deny the package when it arrives. So I take a vacation day to intercept and deny the package. The package shows up a day late. I lost a vacation day based on their poor timing and problem solving. Meanwhile, Amazon sent UPS to pick up my return way earlier than they said they would and so I miss my window for the return pick up. So now I've got two massive boxes on my porch; one incoming, one outgoing. My house is so small that this was a big deal for my roommate and neighbors, not to mention myself.

Zinus asks me to send the outgoing package to them direct and they'll refund me for the bed. I do this and now they're stiffing me, refusing to refund me. This customer service team is the epitome of poor online buying experiences. No storefront to drive the bed to and just get it all over with. This process has taken over a month and a half and I have still not received my refund and I'm giving up. I can't put into words how frustrating this entire experience has been and how much stress it has introduced into my life.

I've spent hours on the phone, on customer service chats and dissembling and assembling this awful product. None of my qualms have been resolved in one or two correspondences. It is literally work to deal with this people. I highly recommend avoiding this company. They make poor to mediocre products and they do not have the infrastructure to take care of their customers when the inevitable happens and your product breaks or isn't what you expected. I'm giving the company's customer service a 1 star review, however, the product I purchased also gets 1 star due to the IKEA-like lack of quality. Poorly made, built to be replaced sooner rather than later.

Zinus, Inc Company Information