Zinus, Inc
1.48/5

Need a good mattress?

Zinus, Inc

Founded in 1979, Zinus began as an outdoor products company that focused on comfort-oriented furniture, tents and more. Since 2003, Zinus has shifted their focus to indoor products with comfort being top of mind. Mattresses and mattress foundations are Zinus’ specialty. Zinus offers a large assortment of well-designed products for customers at affordable prices. Our goal is to deliver the worlds finest sleep products for everyone’s lifestyle. Are you ready to sleep better? Visit our website today!

Need a good mattress?

318 Zinus, Inc Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I bought this Zinus mattress because of the warranty. I purchased in my local store. When I arrived home unpacked it. Let it rise for the full 72 hours. Didn't rise all the way has unleveling throughout the mattress & is killing my back! Walmart won't take it back because it was opened & used. Zinus has been a nightmare .I sent the pictures now including this morning. 4X my phone carrier even sent them and said they received them. I just want my money back which is one of the options. (01/14/19) date of purchase.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

The warranty is only a gimmick! I have been satisfied with my mattress for the last 10 months that I’ve owned it. However, recently I vacuumed the top pad with a light duty hand vac and it started to suck threads out of the mattress. Not just a few but long 4 foot strings. Looking closer I could see the thread surfacing all over the mattress in places I hadn’t touched with the vacuum. So I contacted Customer Support (which I have never done on any product before. The first response was to recommend a warranty claim. So I followed their lead and filed a support ticket, In it, I described in detail what I saw and gave my opinion that it was a manufacturing flaw that could just be batch related. I attached pictures of the issue. After a week this was my response;

“Thank you for contacting Zinus. For cleaning purposes, we recommend spot cleaning the cover with cold water and light detergent. Using a vacuum is not recommended as it can cause damage. For this reason unfortunately this is not covered by warranty." Honestly, I wasn’t fishing for a new mattress, I was just wanting an explanation about how a product 10 months old was literally falling apart when I lightly hand vacuumed it. I have a one bedroom apartment, exchanging that mattress would create more of a headache anyway. However, the response I got was a short, insensitive, and legal one regarding my dilemma and NOT one that should come from “customer service”.

I mean this is a clear issue. If the mattress is so fragile that running a hand vac over it destroys it speaks volumes about the quality. Granted washing it, I would use light soap as they instructed, but just getting the dust and dander off of it with a hand vacuum not a full-sized one, shouldn’t damage it... Certainly not the way I witnessed. It goes without saying, That I am very disappointed, since I chose to go with the underdog in buying this mattress in the first place. I personally would recommend going with some of the more reputable manufacturers as I hear they stand by their warranties... More than likely because their product doesn’t fail like Zinus’s did for me. Buyer be very very wary!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I purchased a bed from Zinus on Amazon in August. Two weeks after assembling the bed, I notice how poorly the materials have been machined. The three center support legs were poorly designed and could not properly hold the weight of two adults (less than 325 lbs) without loosening up due to a lack of support at the connection point. The bed dug into and permanently scarred my bamboo floors because the legs were angled during normal use. I rent my home, so now I will be out a security deposit, and a hefty one at that. Naturally, I went to get a refund and/ or replacement for the bed. Zinus answered me promptly at first, but when I provided proof of purchase they ghosted me. Two weeks pass, and at this point the legs at the foot of the bed literally snap, leaving the bed at 45 degree angle.

At this point, I'm sleeping on the couch and contacting Zinus daily with no response. I decide to reach out to Amazon for help. They send out a replacement and demand that I disassemble and box up the other bed to have sent back. This is incredibly inconvenient as the bed is 80 lbs and 10 feet long when boxed and I did not have the materials lying around to complete this task. So I go through with all of it. Source a box, take it apart. In the process my stereo was damaged beyond repair. Technically my fault, but 100% related to me having to take this cumbersome, heavy bed apart to return a frame that has snapped in half...felt unnecessary to have to send it in, but I wanted to play ball so I could get the customer service I expected.

Literally the day after I receive my replacement from Amazon, I hear back from Zinus and they say they're sending a replacement. I told them to cancel it, they said they couldn't, but that I could deny the package when it arrives. So I take a vacation day to intercept and deny the package. The package shows up a day late. I lost a vacation day based on their poor timing and problem solving. Meanwhile, Amazon sent UPS to pick up my return way earlier than they said they would and so I miss my window for the return pick up. So now I've got two massive boxes on my porch; one incoming, one outgoing. My house is so small that this was a big deal for my roommate and neighbors, not to mention myself.

Zinus asks me to send the outgoing package to them direct and they'll refund me for the bed. I do this and now they're stiffing me, refusing to refund me. This customer service team is the epitome of poor online buying experiences. No storefront to drive the bed to and just get it all over with. This process has taken over a month and a half and I have still not received my refund and I'm giving up. I can't put into words how frustrating this entire experience has been and how much stress it has introduced into my life.

I've spent hours on the phone, on customer service chats and dissembling and assembling this awful product. None of my qualms have been resolved in one or two correspondences. It is literally work to deal with this people. I highly recommend avoiding this company. They make poor to mediocre products and they do not have the infrastructure to take care of their customers when the inevitable happens and your product breaks or isn't what you expected. I'm giving the company's customer service a 1 star review, however, the product I purchased also gets 1 star due to the IKEA-like lack of quality. Poorly made, built to be replaced sooner rather than later.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

We purchased this and opened it to expand. We smelled the chemical smell, but thought it would clear up. 2 weeks later my daughter can't sleep on the mattress nor in the room that it is in. She has complained of headaches and this morning, had to go the E.R. for a breathing treatment which may have been triggered by the smell. I'm taking this back. I'm curious and very concerned about what that strange smell is.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

This memory foam mattress I purchased on Walmart.com for my new apartment immediately emitted an overwhelming chemical smell when released from its plastic packaging. The chemical release with odor ended up lasting for over SIX weeks even with windows open. I had sharp headaches, chest pain and my first ever bright red, peeling eye rashes with extreme swelling early mornings each time I tried to sleep on this mattress. I still had access to the studio I was moving out of, and had to sleep there for the entire month. Repackaging the product for Return is not possible, as it comes pressure sealed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zinus?

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I've purchased 2 items from them in the past, a bed frame and mattress, and they're decent quality for the price. Happy with the purchase overall. Ordered a couch as well but decided to cancel the order. The issues come when it's time to talk to customer service. I cancelled the 3rd item I purchased from them 3 days before it was set to ship out. They decided to ship it out anyways. Told me to refuse the shipment when it arrived and I would be refunded as soon as they confirmed it was heading back their way. Instead of waiting days for it to arrive from the other side of the country, I called FedEx and was able to refuse delivery before it even arrived at their delivery center. FedEx immediately emailed Zinus about the item returning to them. Zinus took 2 days to 'confirm' (finally look at the email and call to confirm) that the item was indeed returning.

Don't give them too much credit, I called them and refused to let it go until they contacted FedEx directly. They now said a refund has been initiated, and funds will be back in my account in 2-3 business days. That was a full week ago. Thankfully I had email confirmation of that refund promise. Called once more to ask why I haven't seen the funds: "we'll have to submit your refund request to management for approval once we receive the item". Refused to acknowledge promised refund from previous discussion. Would not email me to give me a paper-trail of them submitting the (2nd) refund request or doing anything at all. Sent them one last strongly worded email describing everything, stating my intent to issue a charge-back in a week if they do nothing. Somehow I doubt I'll be able to get a dime from them without a charge-back.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

It's less than a year that my husband and I have been sleeping on this 12" foam mattress. Odor not bad upon opening and comfortable at first. Now 9 months later I'm waking up with backache and rolling into the middle of bed. The mattress has been turned around with no difference in sleep. My husband gets up during the night due to heat and sleeps on a 15 year old mattress in another room. Sorry we purchased this foam mattress.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Here my history. I bought this Zinus Memory Foam mattress 12" on December 8th and was delivered by FedEx on December 19. My first red flag: The package was sended by Amazon RETURN CENTER (Can I assume was a product returned by somebody else?). Second red flag: The package was in a terrible condition. Third red flag: After opened the box and decompressed the mattress, came out a terrible odor and it smells really bad. My entire apartment smells of mold and mildew because of this mattress. I have almost a month (01/02/2019) and after several calls to Amazon finally they gonna pick up the mattress tomorrow. The mattress never took the size that suppose to be (12") and the mildew odor still terrible at home. Finally I'm really surprised Amazon still selling this brand. I wished read all reviews on a different websites before entering to this nightmare. I think Zinus should be investigate under The Consumer Protection Act.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I ordered a mattress during Zinus's Black Friday sale. I understand they got a higher volume of orders than they expected and shipping is taking long. BUT FedEx lost my package. Dealing with FedEx and Zinus has been a nightmare. In mid December I emailed Zinus after my order was a week past the delivery date with no tracking updates. That first customer service representative told me a new order would be sent to me and a new tracking number would be sent. After not getting a tracking number after 3 business days all my emails went unanswered.

The following week I left voicemails after calling. None were returned. One call when I actually got through. That customer service rep told me there'd be nothing she could do until December 28th because that was 15 business days after my package stopped tracking. WTF. Who counts shipping days from when a problem occurs and not from when the package left the warehouse?

I sent another email the following week and that customer service rep told me FedEx lost my package and they'd be sending out a new one and that I'd get the new tracking number sent to me in 3 business days tops. Now it's past three business days and again I have no tracking number. No one is returning my calls, picking up the phone, or returning my emails. Their customer service is a nightmare, there's a reason other mattresses of the same type cost more. It's probably because they pay and staff a competent customer service team.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I ordered a king size bed from the company on November 29th. I have yet to receive it and today is December 20th. My credit card was charged. Every time I ask about my bed I'm told someone will email me. Now I think they've changed the settings so that whenever I call, their system requests that I leave a message. I did email their customer service department twice, as instructed on their website and during my 20 and 30 minute hold times, but I have yet to receive an email back. Please do not order from this company.

Zinus, Inc Company Information