Zinus, Inc
1.48/5

Need a good mattress?

Zinus, Inc

Founded in 1979, Zinus began as an outdoor products company that focused on comfort-oriented furniture, tents and more. Since 2003, Zinus has shifted their focus to indoor products with comfort being top of mind. Mattresses and mattress foundations are Zinus’ specialty. Zinus offers a large assortment of well-designed products for customers at affordable prices. Our goal is to deliver the worlds finest sleep products for everyone’s lifestyle. Are you ready to sleep better? Visit our website today!

Need a good mattress?

318 Zinus, Inc Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 10, 2019

I purchased the smart base, steel bed frame in the twin/full size from Walmart. The frame is a good frame. The problem lies with the company. The box promises two brackets for attaching a headboard. They are missing from the box. And were mistakenly not packed at the factory. When I called the company to ask these be mailed to me I was given the runaround and told that they couldn't verify that they were to be included. I provided pictures of the box showing that they were promised. I also provided pictures of the product number, the receipt of purchase and pictures of the instructions as requested and still I was refused the parts that are missing. The company is hard to deal with and won't honour their product warranty or promises.

Original review: June 10, 2019

Zinus may have a good product but their customer service let me down in a big way. When ordering a mattress at their website the site lead me to believe delivery would be less than one week. After the order was placed and my card was charged I discovered delivery is 7-15 days. I called customer service right away and requested expedited shipment. I was assured this would be handled but it was not. The order was shipped regular and even thought I had it shipped to a business address. They listed it as residential. I know they offer 100% return policy but that does not help as now I have to find a mattress locally as it’s needed before the schedule deliver date. Order # **.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I bought one Mattress and my name was actually chosen to receive a product of my choosing. I chose another mattress for my daughter and son in law. After a few weeks my son in law is in pain from it being too soft. The old bed is long gone. Zinus and their touted fabulous Warranty/Exchange is not available because I won the product. Even though the product is unacceptable. I wish I had read all these nightmare reviews prior to ever getting involved with this Company. DO NOT BUY FROM ZINUS.

Original review: April 19, 2019

Extremely disappointed. Bought the mattress, and in time, it is bent in the middle like no-one´s business. I went through the process, and it turns out that they say "they don´t want to provide me a shorter warranty period than the 10 years they offer." The label in the mattress states that it was made in November 2013. Therefore it is under warranty. But it is defective. But they "cannot" award the warranty. I have no way of finding the proof of purchase and the seller has even provided a statement that they cannot go back the 4 years that we need to process the replacement. I am not asking for money back. After a month of back and forths. So they don´t want to provide me "a shorter warranty than I deserve". They just refuse to provide any warranty at all. And they call this customer service?

Original review: March 12, 2019

Ordered a twin mattress from this company on 2/20/2018. By 3/14/2019 they still had not shipped my bed and were not responding to calls or emails. I finally received my bed on 3/28/2018, they never returned my calls or emails. Mattress that arrived was a queen, not a twin like I ordered. Between 3/29/2018 and 5/9/2019 I made multiple calls and send many emails before they finally replied and sent me a return form. Returned the bed and finally got a refund by 5/11/2019. 79 days. SEVENTY NINE DAYS I was waiting on this, still needing a bed the whole time. This company is TRASH.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zinus?

Original review: March 8, 2019

Bought a mattress from Zinus two years ago, and it started to sag earlier this year. Contacted Zinus, and Zinus refused to honor the warranty. What a horrible company! Stay away from Zinus! They suck!!

Original review: March 2, 2019

Do yourselves a favor and don't order from Zinus website! You can get their products elsewhere, even cheaper and immediate delivery or pick up in Walmart for example. I made my order on Thursday Feb 21. Only after ordering I read in the email that shipment will take 7 to 10 days and had seen the same platform at Walmart.

So 2 days later seeing that the order status hadn't changed, I contacted customer service email. Then they magically provide a FedEx label, which only after contacting them appeared in my order account. Anyway, I couldn't cancel order because the label had been created, though there has never been any shipment history in 10 days!!! I have written to customer service a couple times about this issue and they keep redirecting me to this FedEx label number as if the order is indeed about to be shipped. They said it will take 1 to 3 business days for them to scan. Well it's now 10 days, 7 business days and nothing has changed.

This was the first time I ordered from zinus and it's my last for sure! I have no idea if I'll ever received this frame and customer service hasn't helped at all even though I contacted them early. Without any chance to cancel my order, but no platform to put my new mattress on, I have to now spend twice the money to buy a platform locally.

Original review: March 1, 2019

So four days ago bought a Slumber One mattress coil pressure relief. Ya right this is the worst mattress I have ever bought. I literally can not even sleep on it so I called them to try and get a return. "Oh you must take it back to where you purchased it." So I call and try to tell them what Zinus said and they will not return it even though it has not even been slept on. It has been out of the box. Yet their website states you can return within 100 days. Nope sorry. You must return to where you purchased. Well they won't accept it so now I am out 225 dollars because you are out here scamming people for the worst mattress ever. Kinda pissed off and I will never buy your product again and I will be telling as many people as I possibly can about this issue.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Beware this mattress! My 3 year granddaughter was playing on the bed and started complaining of hurting all over. Look initially looked like she was getting a rapidly spreading rash. On closer inspection I could see something shiny covering her whole body. Looked at the mattress and it was covering the whole bed! Looked at the label on the mattress and it says 64% glass fiber. I can't believe it's even legal to sell this product!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

The Zinus return policy states, on their website, that the mattress can be returned within 100 days for a full return as long as there are no smells, stains, etc. There is a bolded sentence that states you have to contact them about a mattress that has been decompressed. It turns out, once you take it out of the box, they will not take it back. You have to find a place to donate it to and then send the donation receipt. While this seems like a environmentally friendly idea, there are very few (I haven't found any in my area) places that accept mattresses as a donation. The other option is to throw it into a garbage bin and take a picture of it in the bin to prove that you no longer have it in your possession. I wanted to post a free ad on Craigslist or other website and take a picture of it being driven off by a community member but that was not an option. This is just poor service. Bottom line, if you want to return the mattress, don't take it out of the box.

Zinus, Inc Company Information