Zinus, Inc
1.35/5

Need a good mattress?

Zinus, Inc

Founded in 1979, Zinus began as an outdoor products company that focused on comfort-oriented furniture, tents and more. Since 2003, Zinus has shifted their focus to indoor products with comfort being top of mind. Mattresses and mattress foundations are Zinus’ specialty. Zinus offers a large assortment of well-designed products for customers at affordable prices. Our goal is to deliver the worlds finest sleep products for everyone’s lifestyle. Are you ready to sleep better? Visit our website today!

Need a good mattress?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Zinus, Inc Reviews

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

We purchased a Zinus Cal King 12" gel foam hybrid mattress 2 months ago. We have 5-6 Cal King fitted sheet sets and none will stay on the ZInus mattress corners. When I contacted ZInus. They say my sheets (the Cal King) are the wrong size. First they said I needed a new mattress cover which we had bought brand new when the mattress was delivered. A Cal King cover. I usually have to pull the sheet corners back to cover the corners of the mattress at twice a night IF I don't want to sleep on crumpled up, wadded sheets. We have sheets from our old Cal King we got rid of when we purchased the ZInus mattress. Some are older than others and they all are different brand sheets bought at different online or local stores.

The Zinus customer reps deflected any input from me on that maybe the Zinus mattresses need a "certain sheet" and I wrote to see if they'd recommend a manufacturer that fits their mattresses. But, got no help other than make sure I bought a 84" x 72" inch sheets which is silly. That's what all Cal King sheets are. So, we're still wondering how to solve this. We just ordered sheet corner suspenders to try...for both the sheets and the mattress cover. We never had this problem with our old mattress we just gave up. So far, not a big fan of Zinus customer service. The mattress sleeps pretty comfortable...although I find myself sweating more than I did with our older mattress. I picked out the mattress saying it had a cooling gel in it. But, hmmm. Not so much.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

I should have insisted on what I knew I really wanted. Like the mattress and frame, it is level firm just as I wanted, however, I wanted to order the taller frame and thicker mattress. Reason: All the blankets and coverlets that are made for the size mattress I have hang too low. Nothing fits without overhang flowing on the floor. I have to tuck it under or push the covers under the mattress, This has limited my options.. This happened because during ordering settings have a tendency to move from presets and or what you have chosen as I moved around the site making decisions. It was not till after the purchase did I realize the changes. I called immediately and they said it was already processed and could not be changed. Rather than go through the hassle Of returning I will keep this and purchase my next beds somewhere else.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

Purchased a mattress topper, something that's not very expensive but still supposed to be warranted through the company. Less than a day in I noticed the topper was defective with tears in the foam, so instantly I got the email address from the inside information. Needless to say they have done nothing but give me the runaround about replacing. I provided photos of the item and the online shipping and order info as they don't seem to ship receipts with online order. Finally after a week I get a response saying they would be glad to help but I needed to provide better info and more info, so again I sent the same information. They replied that they needed a receipt, so again I explained that my purchase order online was my receipt, and now it's been another week and to my dismay, they have yet to respond again.

I have now since filed a complaint against the company with the BBB, not that it will do much good I'm sure, but whomever I am dealing with, does not respond to emails, and when they do they seem to repeat the same info. I have asked for a phone number to the company and they have failed to provide even that. Seems to me that if I could give them zero stars I certainly would. I don't think I have ever had an experience that was this bad regarding a warranty item ever in my life. And all I asked was for a simple replacement of an item that was under fifty bucks and they can't even do that. I definitely will never purchase anything that has their company name on it... Absolutely horrible customer service...

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I've reached out to their support expecting that they'll help me. Did had an exchange of email, but it seems like their support doesn't really know what she's doing (Jonalyn). It's a waste of time and will not bother reaching out to them in the future.

Original review: July 25, 2019

Zinus mattresses in my experience are no good. I bought a full-size mattress that showed a defect within a year. Believing in the 10 years warranty, I contacted the company and the after-sales was very very bad. They kept asking for more pictures and responded late and finally wanted a lot of my time. I never got any replacement either. Even after sharing a video of the defect, the examiner could not find any manufacturing defect. Very bad experience. Would never recommend if you want good after-sales. I will not recommend it to anyone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zinus?

Original review: July 22, 2019

I ordered a King mattress frame, a week later I inquired about the order status being that tracking showed it had been ordered but not shipped. I tried numerous times to call the 1-800 number to no avail - nobody ever answered. I kept my phone on to see how long - it was over an hour, the same song playing over and over.

I tried using the online chat, asking to check the status of my order. I kept getting the response that they were passing it off to Operations Management and that somebody would email me "soon" with a response. It's been 24 hours and still no response. I went with Zinus' website instead of thru Amazon bc it was a little cheaper, but I wouldn't recommend it, at least Amazon has customer support... I will never buy something through this company again.

Original review: June 26, 2019

Zinus has really decent products for the prices. Their mattresses have plenty of options and are really good. The biggest problem with Zinus if you buy direct, is they will ship thousands of dollars of furniture on Fedex without a signature required as part of an inclusive price. Almost all companies worldwide that ship merchandise with value over $100 will require a signature. In this case we bought about $4000 worth of furniture and it was all stolen because it was left in the driveway because nobody was home. Fedex is not liable, because Zinus has chosen to save a few dollars on shipping and enable Fedex to do this.

Zinus also is assuming all risk that the customer will receive all goods. And legally they just didn’t understand that. There are no terms on their website or receipt when you checkout on their website. So essentially every time something like this happens, it is a failure to provide goods sold. And we spent weeks with their customer service and management explaining it. They continued to be stubborn and kept pointing at Fedex. In the end our credit card company just refunded the money and they have yet to change their policy. I’m sure all customers would pay an extra $20 for peace of mind. Please be careful if you are going to buy direct on their website. Hopefully you can find somewhere else to buy their product like Amazon.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I purchased the smart base, steel bed frame in the twin/full size from Walmart. The frame is a good frame. The problem lies with the company. The box promises two brackets for attaching a headboard. They are missing from the box. And were mistakenly not packed at the factory. When I called the company to ask these be mailed to me I was given the runaround and told that they couldn't verify that they were to be included. I provided pictures of the box showing that they were promised. I also provided pictures of the product number, the receipt of purchase and pictures of the instructions as requested and still I was refused the parts that are missing. The company is hard to deal with and won't honour their product warranty or promises.

Original review: June 10, 2019

Zinus may have a good product but their customer service let me down in a big way. When ordering a mattress at their website the site lead me to believe delivery would be less than one week. After the order was placed and my card was charged I discovered delivery is 7-15 days. I called customer service right away and requested expedited shipment. I was assured this would be handled but it was not. The order was shipped regular and even thought I had it shipped to a business address. They listed it as residential. I know they offer 100% return policy but that does not help as now I have to find a mattress locally as it’s needed before the schedule deliver date. Order # **.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I bought one Mattress and my name was actually chosen to receive a product of my choosing. I chose another mattress for my daughter and son in law. After a few weeks my son in law is in pain from it being too soft. The old bed is long gone. Zinus and their touted fabulous Warranty/Exchange is not available because I won the product. Even though the product is unacceptable. I wish I had read all these nightmare reviews prior to ever getting involved with this Company. DO NOT BUY FROM ZINUS.

Zinus, Inc Company Information