2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

3.8/5 (186 ratings)

About Thomasville Furniture

Thomasville Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thomasville Furniture?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thomasville Furniture?

Original review: Jan. 26, 2014

After two years, our sofa cushions have flattened. When the furniture store voluntarily fixed the plastic clips on then sofa and oversized matching chair, I told the repairman about the flattened cushions. We spent thousands on the furniture and sofa and chair are horrible. My fifteen year old sofa sat better than this new one. I wish I had other options. I know they will just replace the foam and the same thing will happen again. Any suggestions?

Original review: Oct. 9, 2013

The sofa I purchased from Thomasville is absolutely the most uncomfortable sofa ever! I have purchased other sofas that were less expensive and had no problems. There is not enough stuffing in the cushions. The cushions do not fit snugly on the sofa frame. The cushions are not even with each other. I wanted a sofa I could enjoy and also one I could occasionally sleep on. The only way to sit on this sofa is to perch precariously on the very edge! When I first complained at the Thomasville store the saleslady said there was nothing they could do. More recently I was told to take pictures and take them to the store. Thomasville used to stand for quality, but I will never purchase another item from them. Wonder how long it will take before they are in bankruptcy court! Losing business one customer at a time!!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2013

I was given a lower verbal quote for a furniture purchase I made on 7/21/13. However, I signed for the contact for a higher cost which is my fault. However, Thomasville had a responsibility to tell me before I signed that the verbal quote was incorrect which they did not. The way I discovered that the prices were lower at the time I made the purchase, was from the Spring/Summer 2013 catalog they gave me after I had made my purchase. Approximately 2 weeks after my purchase, I decided to look at the furniture in the catalog, only to discover that all three pieces were listed at a lower price. I called the salesperson and was told that those prices expired on 6/21/13. I sent her an email the next day and she called me to let me know that she would talk to her manager and that the catalog prices expired on 6/26/13?

The manager replied and would not credit my account for the difference between the price I paid and those listed in the catalog and, he said that the catalog prices expired on 6/28/13, so I was given three different expiration dates for their Spring/Summer 2013 catalog. Also, the catalog has a sticker on it stating "New Prices". Thomasville HQ and the store that I made the purchase at said that the sticker was to let me know that the prices in the catalog had expired which does not make any sense whatsoever. I refused to accept delivery and a 20% restocking fee was deducted from my down payment which they calculated incorrectly and, when I called the store to inquire about the restocking overcharge, a very hostile employee stated, "Oh, I just found another credit," which they would not have issued if I had not called. Shame on them. In sum, if I had changed my mind about the purchase I would not have a problem paying the fee; however that is not what happened. This is a buyers beware complaint. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2013

In early February 2013 we were looking to replace our Tempur-Pedic mattress and went to Thomasville Furniture to look at mattresses. Decided on a Thomasville Intuition I foam mattress. The salesperson told us that it would be delivered within 3 weeks. It did not arrive until the end of March. Within 2 months of delivery the mattress started sagging and a hump started developing in the center of the bed. I took photos and sent them to Thomasville. I got no response so I called our salesperson. We finally were told that someone would contact us to take a look at the mattress.

A couple weeks later someone from Integrated Bedding Group showed up and assessed the mattress issues. After a couple more weeks we received a letter from Integrated stating that the sagging and hump were "within normal limits". The letter had no contact info, no phone number to call, no address. Stuck with a mattress we have to rotate every other week... waking up with back aches and very disappointed in a company we thought was reputable! Avoid Thomasville!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2013

Paid extra for firmer cushions and highest grade sofa material. Within 6 months material had balled up showing wear and tear worse than our previous other brand sofa did in 10 years! Cushions were compressed leaving large gaps between them. Called company, they would not do anything except put new inserts in cushions which looked just as bad within a couple of months. Paid over $2000.00 for the worst sofa we've ever had! Will never buy another Thomasville piece of furniture. Now it's only 2 yrs later and I have to buy something else. My mother had a Thomasville sofa yrs ago that lasted for years. Shame on you Thomasville for such a poor product.

Original review: July 14, 2013

I purchased a sofa and chair from Thomasville, Sterling, VA, Oct 2011. The quality is terrible and sub-standard. The sofa springs and pillows were replaced in 2012 by a Thomasville third party vendor. At that time Thomasville explained they had a problem when they changed to a new contractor for the springs. The sofa and chair cost $2837 so one would think and believe you were purchasing quality goods. I have the same problem this year with sagging springs and flatten pillows. The sofa is terrible and very uncomfortable. I would like it replaced. I have tried calling the 1-866-436-4649 service number but have yet to speak to anyone in regard. If there is another number, would someone please provide.

Original review: June 10, 2013

I ordered my sofa on 1/18/13 and was told at that time that it would be 8 weeks before delivery. After 8 weeks, I had not heard from anyone about my sofa. I contacted my salesperson and it was 1-2 days before he called me back. He left a message on the machine that the material for the sofa should be in at the end of the week. I called customer services that same day and she stated the next arrival date of the material would be 3/19/13. I then called the Thomasville store in Raleigh, NC and asked to speak with a manager. I spoke with the manager on 3/11/13 and after explaining my situation, she said she was sorry. She did not seem eager to do anything until I told her I had cancelled my order.

At that time, she said she would take $220 off my amount due and send a loaner sofa out until I receive the sofa I ordered (we had sold our old sofa). She gave me a ship date of 4/8/13. It took a couple weeks to receive the loaner and it was not the one we were supposed to receive. I got a call from the manager in May to inform me now that there was a delay in the construction of the sofa. I asked if they ever sold loaners, told her I was interested in the recliner and asked what could I buy it for. She said I needed to check with my manager and call back. She called back and said $1,200 (I was shocked because I could buy a new recliner for that).

I finally received the call that my sofa was in. I asked the manager if she could come down on the price of the recliner. She gave me a price of $829. I have been very dissatisfied with the customer service I received or the lack thereof! I feel I have been more than patient seeming I have waited 5 months to receive my sofa. I have done business with Thomasville twice - my first time and my last.

Original review: June 10, 2013

I spent close to $6k on new bedroom furniture. I must say that the furniture is very nice, and seems to be of superior quality. On that aspect, it's fine. We had a problem with our third piece of furniture that was set back a day before the delivery date. After that, 6 weeks went by, and I never heard from anyone regarding the delivery of the missing piece of furniture. I had contacted the salesperson, Janet, who initially told me she'd look into it and get back to me. After 6 weeks of not hearing back from her, I reached out to her again. She told me she'd look into it and get back to me. By the end of the week, she did not get back to me, so I called the store, and after she answered and placed me on hold for over 2 minutes, I hung up and called back requesting to speak to a manager. I spoke to a manager who just made excuse after excuse for Janet. This leads me to think that it is standard for them to neglect their customers after the sale is made. It's such a shame because they do have nice furniture, but the price premium that you pay is not conducive with the service you receive. I would never buy furniture here again, nor would I recommend them to anyone.

Original review: May 18, 2013

We are extremely dissatisfied with our recent purchases from Thomasville of Agoura Hills, CA; both with the quality of the products and the post-sales customer service. It is appalling to me that after having spent over $11,000 on products, they only seem to be of good quality in the showroom but are of inferior quality with poor craftsmanship when delivered to your home. When you call the store salesperson, who has now made her commission on the sale, you get told in the most unfriendly and unprofessional way that it is customer service who has to deal with the issue.

Customer Service’s solution to all the problems is to have a sub-contractor come to your house to take pictures or quick fix your brand new custom made furniture. Of the 6 pieces of furniture, I have had issues with three of them. Our Ernest Hemingway accent table is not similar to the one that we saw in store and is imperfect on the table top. Thomasville’s solution is to send the contractor to take pictures of the table, tell me nothing can be done, or else exchange my brand new table with the floor model that has been, as per the customer service person, on the shop floor for 4-5 years!

Our $1,400 per chair leather recliner came with a manufacturing defect that made the leather rub against a bolt and scar the leather. Once again, the same contractor comes to rip out the leather from a new chair, tighten it further so that it does not rub and use a leather polish to hide the scar. The final and most recent issue is our dining table and chairs. They arrived on April 26, 2013, almost 5 months after the order was placed. I refused accepting the delivery as the top of the pedestal of the dining table was cracked all around the rim with a chip around where they tried to put a screw in. Again, it’s poor craftsmanship. What reflects poor customer service and lack in any quality control is them sending the table to me, the customer, in that condition!

An email to the President prompted a swift response and a call from CS who, at another customer’s expense, was to send me a replacement table. Eighteen days later, there were no calls and there was no table. A follow up email to the President states that I purchased the furniture from an independent store and need to deal with them. If the top management of this company has a complete lack of ownership and accountability, then you cannot expect much from the customer facing employees/representatives of Thomasville. In today's competitive business environment, this is a recipe for failure. If I had read reviews online before I spent so much money with them, I would have never bought furniture from them. Beware before you spend your money on extremely expensive, non US made, poor quality furniture from Thomasville; a place where the customers come last!

Original review: May 18, 2013

I purchased two sofas from Thomasville; one for my living room and one for my den. The sofas were delivered the same day. After inspecting the den sofa, it was extremely uncomfortable and only gave me approximately 18 inches of seating space; which is unusually short for a sofa. I immediately contacted the store. The sales person who came to my home and indicated it was the correct one for my den, came out and measured the sofa. She agreed that it appeared to be short, took photos and submitted a complaint. I asked if I could exchange the sofa for another, or if they could swap it for the floor model that I sat on and found more comfortable. They said no. Rather, they would exchange the cushions that they thought were overstuffed.

Three times, I received cushions and had to wait weeks between each exchange. The sofa was causing my back to hurt (I have two bulging disc). I continually called their customer support and sent emails to see if they would be willing to work with me since I purchased two sofas that day. The consumer support representative was polite, and she truly wanted to help, but said it was escalated to upper management. She gave me her manager's information and recommended that I contact him. I sent an email to her manager, and he never responded. They only told her that they would not exchange the sofa since it is a special order and one of their number one sellers.

All Thomasville sofas are special orders since you are required to choose a fabric when you make a purchase. I could understand that if I ordered a color that was unusual; however, it is a grey/beige chenille that would easily fit a color scheme in most decors, which I know the store could sell since they stated it was one of their number one sellers. The amount of time and money it took to remake cushions, which are not correct, with their reputation, Thomasville should have exchanged it. Well, the sofa still has the original tags since I rarely sit on it, and I have since listed it on an online sales site with the hope to sell it to someone who is in the market for a 78" apartment-sized sofa. Thomasville has lost a customer.

Original review: May 15, 2013

We purchased furniture at the Las Vegas store end of January 2013. The service started out very well. Then as time went on, furniture was delayed or damaged! Erin, one of the employees, never calls us to tell us if the furniture is in. The pieces just sit in the warehouse. As of now, we are still waiting for the furniture. It is delayed another month! They never return phone calls. We are just sick of dealing with them. Never again!

Original review: April 24, 2013

Last July, I ordered bedroom furniture from Thomasville. It arrived months late; the order was incorrect. I re-ordered. Customer service is subcontracted to idiots mainly in Texas who call at 6:30am. I went through getting a case number, etc., from Thomasville. Pointless. Furniture arrived and several drawers did not work. The first of November I was scheduled for a customer service call in January! On April 24, I received a call from Andrea at 1-888-678-2323 to check on my service call. One drawer opens only 3 inches. I returned the call today. No one answered, no machine answered. I think it is a bogus number typical of Thomasville's customer service. How do they stay in business? Awful, terrible, crappy product! No customer service. They are just short of a scam!

Original review: April 19, 2013

Worse, overpriced furniture we've ever bought! 2013 Guardsman protection policy Thomasville offers (which we paid for) is worthless. Thomasville, please tell your customers the real time your delivery will take. We assumed extreme delay on your delivery is due to the company's outsourcing. We also assume the very poor quality of the furniture is again due to Thomasville outsourcing and if that's the case, Thomasville prices should be a lot lower to represent the current Thomasville product quality. This is the first time we have ever purchased anything from Thomasville and it will be the last. Very simple. We purchased two chairs (in excess of $3,000) from Thomasville in Dadeland, (Miami) Florida. Delivery took double the time and both chairs broke within the first six months of arrival. Guardsman and Thomasville have done absolutely nothing and my husband and I currently sit on 3K sinkholes! We will post this consumer review everywhere we can to warn other consumers.

Original review: April 18, 2013

On July 17, 2012, two sofas and a chair were delivered. After the delivery men left and we checked over the furniture, we found soiled fabric, staple pulls, puckers in the arms and cushions, patterns not lined up properly, etc. Customer service is terrible. I have numerous emails back and forth with them with no satisfaction. Finally, they sent a rep who agreed with our complaints but said the furniture is factory acceptable. I have repeatedly told them it is not homeowner acceptable but to no avail. I am ready to put this furniture at the curb with a 'Please Take' sign on it.

Original review: April 3, 2013

My furniture took 2 additional months to arrive than what I was promised. On top of that, it is not the fabric I had chosen. All I received were lies about the status of my furniture and they are trying to turn the mistake around on me. They take no responsibility for their actions and treat customers poorly. Our corporation, which is very large in the Illinois area, will never purchase from them again. I'm going back to Ashley Furniture. I always get great service from them.

Original review: March 21, 2013

The store offers only 'made to order' furniture showing multiple fabric and wood choices. Almost every fabric choice you select is on back order. We placed an order based on the fabric with the shortest date. Then when the delivery date approaches, they tell you it is not available and you start the order process over, further extending delivery dates. When you try to get updates, you only get vague answers. This is clearly a mismanaged company that does not want to carry inventory and misrepresents product delivery timelines to get the sale. Customer service is a far second to their financial / inventory management practices. Ethan Allen provided us the opposite experience with superior products, beating delivery dates and providing more choices for comparable prices.

Original review: March 12, 2013

We ordered sofas from Thomasville Furniture about 3 months ago. At the time, they told us it should take 4-5 weeks to deliver. Weeks upon weeks passed with no word from the company. We had to keep calling and arguing with them just to find out that the fabric was still on backorder 3 months later. We tried to cancel our order. The lady on the phone literally snickered and said it was too late to cancel and get our deposit back even though they haven't started making the furniture yet! I would never ever recommend ordering from this company!

Original review: March 6, 2013

I had the worst experience ever with Thomasville and Drexel Heritage because of their lousy shipping process. They promise you to deliver the items within two to three weeks but that is the biggest lie you will ever hear in your life. It will take them months to do it, minimum two to three months. It's just like robbing your money because they don't order till you pay them to the last penny but they will keep you suffering for their cheap service of shipping and delivery. I recommend whoever had the same bad experience like me to claim them with the Better Business Bureau so they can stop them from laughing at the people and treat them in this lousy way.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2013

I normally do not like to write reviews that are so negative because I believe everyone (and every company) can have a bad day! Furthermore, I do not agree with completely bashing anyone or any company; it's just not good Karma. Maybe, (and just maybe), the powers that be at Thomasville will read these reviews and maybe use them to better their business practices. Last year, I ordered a couch, two ottomans and a chair and ottoman set (probably spent around $5,000). I was told about 8 weeks for delivery. The couch and two ottomans were delivered on time as promised. After several phone calls back and forth, the chair and ottoman set was delivered almost 4 months later.

Thinking this was a one time occurrence, I went back and ordered 2 more chairs and one ottoman in September 2012 and was told I would have them by Thanksgiving. After about 10 phone calls and in-store visits, my chairs and ottoman were delivered to me February 15th, 2013 (almost 6 months later). When the delivery man brought them in, there was a huge gash in one of the chairs. I refused delivery and sent them on their way. The next day, I called Thomasville to let them know that the chair was damaged and not wanting to wait another 6 months for chairs, would like to be fully refunded; they agreed.

A few days ago, I looked under the couch that I purchased last year and to my amazement, every single plastic holder (that keeps the springs attached) was broken off and the springs were just hanging off. I did not call Thomasville to let them know, as I am so disappointed in their service and product. I feel that it will be better for my sanity to get it fixed by some other company. I am sure that there are others out there that are very happy with their Thomasville purchase, but sadly, I am not one of them!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2013

I bought a cream modern rug with white circle patterns (first priced at $1,200). When I took it to be professionally cleaned, it started bleeding pink dye all over. I called and emailed Thomasville and was told to deal with the store. The store said that neither them nor Thomasville would do anything about it. So if you buy a Thomasville product, prepare yourself to be stuck with a piece of no good product. There is no warranty or customer protection. You are on your own. Buyer beware! Do not walk, but run from their products! They are not of the quality they so much advertise.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2013

Round cinnamon hill table - After owning my table for a few months, the top of the table began warping in several places. I asked for someone from Thomasville to come and look at the table assuming they would back up their product. They came, but they blamed me for the deterioration. I was appalled because I hadn't even owned the table for a year. Now, the top of the table is coming loose and the structural support system of the table has totally failed. I am completely disappointed and will never purchase any Thomasville furniture in the future.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2013

In 2003, I bought a Thomasville desk chair (model 38041-907-01) for $1,000. In 2008, the "mechanism" cracked (the metal split) and was replaced at the Dallas Thomasville Warehouse for $81.19. In 2012, the same piece broke in the same manner, and the replacement part was originally estimated at about triple the '08 cost, with me doing the installation. The model is officially discontinued, but somehow a replacement part was identified. Today, the chair is useless. It is identical to current models (1) Fredericksburg collection 43441-902 retailing for $1,600 and (2) Kensington, HS244 023, at $1,800. The undercarriage of each appears identical to the chair I purchased in 2003, and that broke twice in 10 years. Buy the current models at your own risk. The images of broken part, on both occasions, are attached.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2013

We would highly urge anyone shopping for furniture to avoid Thomasville Furniture. At first, we were pleased. The sales lady took the time to come to the house to measure and make sure that the sofa we chose would work with the dimensions. So despite the negative reviews, we took a chance and paid for it, literally. We ordered a sectional sofa and were told it would be ready in 8 weeks or maybe less. After 10 weeks, we were told that there was a problem with the model that was made, and they'd have to redo it.

After another 10 weeks, it was delivered. The color was significantly brighter than the swatch we ordered from. The sectional was not sized as it was designed by their sales person to fit our room, and the split between the sofa and loveseat was on the wrong side. Despite all of this, they would not return the item. We simply wanted to have the sectional picked up and credit on account. We have a dining room table, bedroom dresser, ottoman table, and now sofa to buy, so we would have easily spent the money again and then some. We will never buy another piece of furniture from this company.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2012

Buyer Beware! Several things about this company, Thomasville Furniture, Phillip Hwy Jacksonville, FL, you feel safe thinking you're shopping at a reputable name store such as Thomasville. Well, the sign says Thomasville Furniture but they aka Classic Home Brands. If there are any kind of issues with delivery or the furniture itself, Thomasville Furniture will tell you that this location is an independent store and has nothing to do with Thomasville Furniture. They are not backed by Thomasville Furniture. I was not told this at the time of purchase. I learned this when I had a problem.

Why will you feel as though you have to go to Thomasville Furniture to complain or for assistance in resolution? You will get nowhere dealing with the Jacksonville store, at all.

On Labor Day weekend 2012, I ordered a table and six chairs. We asked all the right questions. We were told turn around was about 6-8 weeks. During a phone chat with salesperson Kaye, she told me furniture would be in the end of Oct. I never heard from Thomasville Furniture again.

Dealing with store manager, Diana, will get you nowhere as well. 12 weeks after purchase, all she could say was "I am sorry" & "the good news is furniture is in warehouse ready to be shipped out, delivery to you in three weeks." Over three weeks later, my calls were not returned. I spoke with an employee, Lisa; manager was too busy to talk with me. I guess too busy to return my calls as well (nothing new here). Manager told employee "Lisa" to tell me the very same thing she said three weeks prior, "Good news, furniture is in warehouse, ready to be shipped". They must be trained to tell customers that for I have read this in other complaints on the internet. I have requested a full refund twice. Both times this has been ignored.

I have gone to the BBB, and guess what? This company did not respond. I have also gone to my credit card company. Next step is General Attorney of FL. Then if the company still refuses refund, a lawyer. The only way at this point to resolve this matter is a full refund from Thomasvile Furniture aka Classic Home Brands located on Phillips Hwy Jax, FL. So, they are indeed the Grinch who stole Christmas, took my hard-earned money and I have an empty dinning room, not the way companies should be allowed to do business!

Oh, one last interesting fact about this company, when I asked for the manager's supervisor's name and number, the employee, Lisa, refused to give it to me. That about says it all about this company. Buyer beware!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2012

I purchased furniture from Thomasville about 7.5 weeks ago, and I have yet to receive my fully paid for merchandise. The pillows were delivered about 3 weeks ago, and I was told that the furniture should be there within 1 week. I called the store numerous times, and they said that I should be receiving a call from the delivery department, but I never did. I called the delivery department, and we scheduled my delivery for the following Tuesday, and I should be receiving a call the day before with my 4-hour window. I never received the call on Monday and left several voice mails with no call back. I then received a call on Tuesday stating that my delivery was rescheduled for the following day and not all of my furniture will be part of the delivery.

I was beyond disappointed, as I have already waited about 2 months for my furniture, taken the day off of work, and still no furniture. Needless to say, I will never purchase another item from Thomasville. Their customer service is despicable, and their lack of communication between the store and delivery department is quite frustrating for the customer. Side note: I ordered my living room furniture from Bassett after ordering my Thomasville furniture, and I received my Bassett furniture on time, as promised. Bassett's customer service is outstanding, and they have the same exact selection of furniture as Thomasville, but with outstanding customer service, delivery on-time guarantee, and no headaches. Take it from me, never shop at Thomasville. Go to Bassett.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2012

Last summer, I purchased a new Thomasville couch from Drury’s Furniture in Fountain, MN. There were two problems that I was told would correct with time. There were folds in the back on one side and a fold line the whole length of the front skirt. After months of waiting for it to work itself out, I called Drury’s Furniture and they sent a local upholster to fix the folds and told me to steam the line in the skirt. The upholster did remove the back of the couch and did pull the fabric to straighten. This only lasted temporarily and now the glaring folds are back.

I steamed the skirt multiple times and the line is still very noticeable. While the personnel at Drury’s do acknowledge the problems and have been sympathetic, they say there is nothing more they can do and that Thomasville Furniture also will not do anything more. In the past, I have purchased many pieces of Thomasville furniture (7) and have had no problems. This couch looks terrible and it is hard to believe my only recourse is to purchase another new couch. I think it is very unfortunate that you do not stand behind your workmanship and will certainly relay this information to any friends.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2012

The sectional they sent in Oct 2011 was crooked. Each piece measured differently. Thomasville agreed and they made a second couch. It was delivered Feb. 1, 2012 and is also crooked in a different way from the first couch. The back does not line up. The front is crooked and does not measure correctly. I am requesting a refund. I am documenting and I will write a letter.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2011

Purchased glass top table with base and 4 chairs. I paid $4,094. Sofa I paid $$2,848. Ottoman I paid $799. Plus delivery. Expected quality and received all damaged furniture. Placed order in May, 2011. Received end of October. Called sales person day after delivery re: all the damages. Contacted sales office with written damages and pictures. Had their repairman come. Then he told me what he would have to do in order to repair the furniture. However, I would have to wait until he reported to Thomasville. They would have to contact me with results.

I still haven't heard anything from Thomasville and am not willing to keep this furniture. I want you to have them take the furniture back. I have pictures and can give you the damages if you'd like the list. Please let me know what I should do next. I am writting to the CEO, President, my credit card companies and the store in Coram which is the store I purchased my furniture from. Please help.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2011

We have had a nightmare with Thomasville. People need to understand that the Thomasville that was our parents' and grandparents', is not the same as Thomasville being made in China and Mexico today. Go to the Thomasville Facebook page, and post your complaints. Also join me on Facebook at Boycott Thomasville to post your stories and complaints, and to read about my Thomasville Nightmare. Post your stories on **. They are a very well visited site. We are still fighting with Thomasville to get our money back for defective furniture. Some of which we did not even accept. We all need to contact our legislators to get strong Furniture Lemon Laws, like New Jersey's, enacted to protect consumers.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2011

Thomasville is having the worst Thanksgiving contest on Facebook. I would suggest that anyone and everyone that has a problem with Thomasville post their story as an entry on how Thomasville ruined their Thanksgiving. Ours is the ultimate Thanksgiving disaster, thanks to Thomasville. We have lost close to $13,000 to Thomasville because of defective furniture and no refund. All of this happened in October of this year so our Thanksgiving is completely ruined and no family dinners at our house this year. A total disaster.

The sofa, as can be seen from the photos, was a piece of Chinese junk after paying $4,669.00 for it. The Dinezen chairs that we did accept have a problem with the upgraded fabric stretching out so they look like an unmade bed. The ottoman to match the sofa has such cheap leather it is already showing signs of wear. Plus when we canceled the bedroom furniture, we were told we would lose 25% of what we paid for restocking fees.

This was not a special order bedroom set and can be resold to the next foolish consumer. Stanley Furniture stopped having their furniture made in China because they had too many problems and wanted to keep their reputation. Clearly, Thomasville is not the furniture of our parents and grandparents. Thomasville knows it, that is why they use every possible loophole to avoid standing behind their product.

I wish we could bring a class action lawsuit against them. Or at the very least, change the law so there are some lemon furniture protection rights for consumers. The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act contains many loopholes that allow furniture manufacturers and retailers to sell defective products with very little recourse for consumers. For example Thomasville Furniture will not warrant their furniture if it is purchased from a store they do not own, they call it a limited warranty.

After homes and automobiles, furniture is one of the largest investments many people make. But if they receive defective furniture, there are few recourses to the buyer. Refunds are next to impossible, repairs are difficult to obtain, and even with repairs, the consumer is often left with defective furniture that requires repeated service calls.

Thomasville Furniture's contracts specifically state that they are only subject to Kentucky laws in a specific county, yet they sell nationwide. This leaves consumers in other states very little choice for resolution of product problems. Other furniture manufacturers and retailers use the same loopholes to avoid refunds and repairs on defective furniture. We need tougher Federal laws to protect consumers nationwide against lemon furniture manufacturers and retailers.

Thomasville Furniture Company Information