2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.53/5

Tempur-Pedic is the original developer of memory foam mattresses. When you purchase from Tempur-Pedic or an authorized dealer, the warranty covers the mattress for 10 years, which is as long as traditional mattresses are typically expected to last. The Arthritis Foundation recommends Tempur-Pedic products based on evaluations by users, which makes the company a strong choice for those with joint pain.

Tempur-Pedic Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tempur-Pedic?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tempur-Pedic?

Original review: July 21, 2018

I purchased top of the range Tempur-Pedic Rhapsody Breeze just over two years ago with their base for over $5500. In the last few months it has developed a noticeable sagging on each side so it feels like I am lying in a crater. I have to roll upwards on the mattress to get into the middle. Please note I weigh just 160lbs. The mattress has never been abused, stood on, jumped on it has had usual sleep use. I submitted a warranty with photos which clearly show the mattress sagging. Under instructions I placed a quarter under a straight pole along the straight edge. There is a gap of more than 1 inch above the mattress to the pole. This clearly is part of their warranty and yet after less than one day they DECLINED my warranty request.

This sagging has resulted in severe back ache for me to the point I have a hard time standing up when I get out of bed. It is unacceptable that a two year old $5000 mattress should sag in this way. I would have had better experience with a normal box spring! The warranty is useless! I will be complaining to their CEO and will keep you updated on my progress. However at this point they are refusing my claim saying some softness is normal! I challenge them to come and sleep in my bed and see if they don’t have to roll up to the middle or climb out of my crater! So far DISGUSTED with customer service and their warranty and I would advise anyone considering buying a Tempur-Pedic bed NOT TO BUT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. It is shameful business practice of theirs. Defects should be replaced. This is standard business practice! If I do not get a favorable response I will be seeking legal advice.

Original review: July 8, 2018

We have had this mattress less than three years. It is a Hybrid - combination of springs and foam. Clearly the springs have weakened, because every time we get in the bed it sags and provides no support. We are both in AGONY every morning with neck, shoulder, back and hip pain. We have taken to sleeping on the sofa. Tempur-Pedic won't honor the warranty because we can't provide a photo of a quarter standing upright in a 1 inch rut! Any mattress in that condition would even be rejected by the Salvation Army. Do not be duped into buying this mattress under any circumstances. There is NO WARRANTY. It's all just a ruse. When it comes time to file a claim, it will be denied without anyone even looking or examining your mattress.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I had a Tempur Choice mattress, which had adjustable air chambers to change the firmness. The mattress was only 3 years old when one of the air chambers burst and wouldn't hold air. In fairness to Tempur Pedic, when I contacted them initially, they approved my warranty claim with no questions. However, I then learned that the Choice mattress had been discontinued and that they offer no similar mattress or any spare parts.

I am told I am will be given a credit for the original purchase price. I tried a new mattress in store, and upon contacting them to order replace, I'm told they won't offer 90 trial period on my replacement mattress, even though they offer the trial period to all new customers. I would understand if my mattress was replaced in kind but since I have to get an entirely new mattress, I find it unacceptable that the trial period is not an option on my replacement. They also won't give me a refund for my original purchase price.

After arguing with multiple agents and a supervisor, they still won't provide 90 day trial option so I elect to simply order new mattress and be done with this. I'm then told that although the price for my new mattress on their website is showing $4,000 (for 4th of July sale), I have to pay the original $4,500 price because "warranty replacements aren't eligible for sale prices". What a joke! I become increasingly angry and after more arguing, Tempur finally agrees to honor the website price but how pathetic that they try to gouge you for more money after their product failure caused the issue in the first place. This will be my last dealing with Tempur-Pedic and I'd recommend others purchase from a different company.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I bought the Cloud Supreme Tempur-Pedic mattress 4 years ago for $4000. One side of the mattress has broken down even though we rotated it every couple months. I filed a claim with Tempur-Pedic and they denied my claim within 2 hours of submitting it claiming that "A normal increase in softness of the TEMPUR pressure-relieving material does not affect the pressure-relieving qualities of the mattress" and therefore not covered by warranty. What a joke! I can feel the wood board under the mattress when I lay down!

Original review: June 27, 2018

This mattress was purchased in Feb 2008. I know it is out of warranty. It has gone soft on one side. The mattress has been used at most 10 times per year, as it is used as a spare bedroom mattress. I don’t think this is normal. Maybe I just got one that had a defect. Just a word for everyone who is about to purchase a Tempur-Pedic! Think twice. I purchased this from Raymour & Flanigan in Reading PA. Since it is out of warranty, I have no recourse. Used only 10 times a year, surely it should last longer.

Original review: June 18, 2018

Don't buy any Tempur-Pedic products. Very upset on purchase Rhapsody Luxe mattress. All these products are just well advertised for those who think it is the best because it cost so much. It was my first and last purchase from this website. Very disappointed. Worst customer service ever.

Original review: June 13, 2018

On May 7th I placed my order to receive my electric Bed frame from Tempur-Pedic website, I paid $1,966.40 that I purchased for my Mother's day as a gift. Right now I writing this on June 12th while I'm on the phone with Tempur-Pedic asking me where is the bed, it was supposed to be shipped by now, and after being on the phone for 45 minutes, they're telling me, "Oh we have to investigate because your order is closed and delivered", and I'm like I don't see a bed in our house. Anyways poor customer care, I have again paid about $1,966.40 and still don't have a bed frame for my mom. Disappointed is an understatement. I have bought another mattress from a much better competitor company and got it delivered a week after, never ever I will buy anything from Tempur-Pedic or anywhere that sells Tempur-Pedic.

Original review: June 8, 2018

When we bought this mattress it was great but over time as the memory foam started molding to our body you're pretty much stuck in that position now because it's now molded to that position. Also you can't flip it over so once it's broken down (which only took 2 years) it's done, and for the cost of this mattress is ridiculous.

Original review: June 8, 2018

The mattress we wanted and tried in the store was a "Firm". But the one we got was like sleeping on a marshmallow with a hump in the middle. The store replaced it once and it was the same as the first one. Contacted Tempur-Pedic and got nowhere. Extreme waste of money!

Original review: June 7, 2018

After I broke my back, conventional coil-spring mattresses just did not fill the bill. I tried 'Pillow-Top Mattresses' and they did not provide the support, yet comfort that I needed. I tried the Tempur-Pedic mattress and found that it was comfortable, yet fully supported my body and injured back. The memory foam mattress molded itself to my body shape and cradled the injured lower back to allow me to gain a full-night's sleep with very little if any discomfort. I have owned this mattress now for 10-years and it still does what it is supposed to do. A great mattress, just very pricey!

Original review: June 6, 2018

Very dissatisfied with Tempur-Pedic Cloud Breeze, we have owned for 2 1/2 Years. It’s overpriced, unable to remove stains, cooling component stay cool, doesn’t last. Not worth extra money. I like my sheets to fit tight, however regular king sheets don’t. Suppose support 350 pounds, my husband weighs 270 and his side is sagging.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I bought our Contour Elite Breeze King mattress in April 2017. It’s now June 4, 2018. I’ve been stressed the last couple of weeks but wasn’t thinking it was our bed that is killing my back until now! It feels like we have a hump in the middle and I’m so sore I can barely move the last few days. I don’t know what’s going on! We were on vacation last month and I slept great in the hotel bed! I haven’t even begun the process of trying to warranty the bed, makes me think now it is just an awful bed! It’s really upsetting to spend this much on a mattress and I have to keep going into the spare room to sleep on the old guest room mattress!

Original review: June 5, 2018

The best mattress I have ever owned. I recommend this to all my friends, and will never settle for less. It was pricier than other mattresses, but fully worth the money.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I bought this mattress to replace a Select Comfort, after a month it was replaced because the mattress developed a large depression at the hips that made the mattress uncomfortable, after 6 months with a new mattress the same depression developed. For the money you pay for a Tempur-Pedic the mattress should hold up for years not months. Not the best night sleep you will ever have, but not the worst, I do not think the mattress is worth the money, premium prices for an average mattress.

Original review: June 3, 2018

Have been very pleased with our Tempur-Pedic mattress. Have had it about 6 years. The comfort is extremely good. The firmness is excellent. The only downside is the overall weight of the mattress; it is difficult to change the bedding.

Original review: June 2, 2018

We have had this mattress for about 15 years and it is the most comfortable and durable mattress we have had in our 44 years of marriage. It is though too hot in the summer months.

Original review: June 2, 2018

This is my second mattress that I received when my previous one didn’t last through warranty period. It’s ok, but for the cost, won’t buy another one.

Original review: June 1, 2018

Had the Tempur-Pedic mattress 6 months and already the mattress has sagged and has huge divots in it. We owned an original one which took 4 -5 years to wear as much.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Tempur-Pedic is hard and hot, hard on your back and on your hips. Thought this mattress would be great but it is the opposite of what we thought it would be. Kept thinking it would soften up with time but it seems to be getting harder!

Original review: May 31, 2018

I've slept on this mattress for over 12 years and it's held up wonderfully and I've always been satisfied. And that's coming from someone with a bad back!

Original review: May 30, 2018

I've had back problems for years. My back ached on any mattress we ever had until we bought the Tempur-Pedic. I don't ache in bed and I don't ache getting out of bed. I am so grateful. We bought one for our camper also.

Original review: May 29, 2018

We purchased our Tempur-Pedic almost 2 years ago, 6 months before I had to have hip replacement. It was a Godsend. Sleep comes easily and it looks and feels like new. We loved and still love it.

Original review: May 28, 2018

Product has a great quality, but price still too high. I will be using their warranty now for a new claim I have. Hopefully everything will be fine.

Original review: May 27, 2018

4 back surgeries later, I finally have the mattress of my dreams. I sleep solid. There are no pressure points. It is a rarity for me to wake up during the sleep cycle. I don't want to leave home without it.

Original review: May 26, 2018

Every night is like a dream, cool, comfortable, no rock and roll from my partner (unless we want it), easy to clean cover. 15 years into the 20 year warranty, we liked it so much we bought our son 1.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I have a king Tempur-Pedic, it lets me fall asleep easily. The best and easy on my back, side or stomach. Comfortable when it's hot or cold, cool and good buy.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I have had this mattress for over four years without any sign of wear. When I laid on this bed for the first time, I felt wonderful sensations down my legs.

Original review: May 24, 2018

It is sagging on the side I sleep on, I sleep alone. I would not buy it again, it is nothing special. I thought I was splurging to get the best, wrong. They got the best, I paid a lot more than it is worth. Adjustable frame nothing special either.

Original review: May 24, 2018

My Tempur-Pedic classic is very comfortable, my large cat no longer bounced me almost off the bed when jumping from high surfaces onto bed. Bed is sometimes a bit warm, sometimes change positions to a cooler spot.

Original review: May 22, 2018

Bought our bed a few years ago. Oh my gosh... Where were these reviews before? I'm in constant pain! Don't have receipt to get new mattress, but I'd never, EVER buy a Tempurpedic again! It has ruined my back and my neck. I don't sleep but for a couple hours a night unless I'm exhausted due to lack of sleep. If you're thinking about Tempurpedic... Run! It doesn't not hold its form or return to its form. There's a divot where your body has been... And it stays there! Then, as somebody else has mentioned, you have to try to literally crawl out of that divot (hole) to get to another place on the mattress or get out of bed for that matter. I'm going to have to spend more money for a new mattress... I think gonna go back to Sleep Number. At least my back held up with that mattress.

Tempur-Pedic Company Information