2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.53/5

Tempur-Pedic is the original developer of memory foam mattresses. When you purchase from Tempur-Pedic or an authorized dealer, the warranty covers the mattress for 10 years, which is as long as traditional mattresses are typically expected to last. The Arthritis Foundation recommends Tempur-Pedic products based on evaluations by users, which makes the company a strong choice for those with joint pain.

Tempur-Pedic Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tempur-Pedic?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tempur-Pedic?

Original review: March 4, 2017

I bought this Tempur-Pedic queen size adjustable bed @ 8 years ago from a Sleepy's Mattress store for @ $4000.00. It has been sagging for a while now to the point where it is uncomfortable and painful. I recently went to a local Mattress Firm (whom bought out Sleepy's) store to inquire about the warranty process. The woman had explained to me the online process. Me being impatient continued to shop in the store and purchased a new king size Tempur-Pedic adjustable for $8,200.00. Talking with the saleswoman about the warranty for the original I'll do when I get home. After @ 1 week after putting a claim with photos in I finally decided to call Tempur-Pedic. They asked about an original purchase receipt that I do not have from 8 years ago. I told them I called the original Sleepy's from where I purchased the bed and was told they cannot look it up that far back.

When I spoke with a representative over the phone from Tempur-Pedic they said nothing they can do. Meanwhile I asked can they prove this if this bed is older than 10 years old and they said no then how come the burden is on the consumer to prove that is less than 10 years old... No answer. Clearly their name is on the bed. Why not stamp a ID metal/plastic serial number onto bed. Why not try to assist a previous or existing customer? They are about to lose a customer. The new bed that was delivered for $8,200.00 3 days ago I am returning under trail period and will purchase a new bed from another manufacture. I should have read these reviews and done my homework before buying Tempur-Pedic product again. Thank you customer service.

Original review: March 1, 2017

Bought my cloud luxe breeze twin XL 3 years ago, it is much softer in the middle so I am sleeping in a trough, I wake up with back pain. Unfortunately to save a few hundred dollars I bought a floor model, well the warranty department wants me to pay the difference between what I paid ($2834) and what a new one retails at today ($4199), so I'm to pay a difference of $1365 in order to have the privilege of applying $2834 to another Tempur-Pedic model, they won't let me buy a different mattress which is really what I want to get. For $1365 I can get a nice, regular mattress which is what I will do. The warranty is lousy, and from the other reviews I read about 3-5 years is really how much these overpriced mattresses will last before the foam wears out and you too will have back/neck pain, learn from us who learned the hard way, DON'T BUY IT.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2017

We purchased a Tempur-Pedic Comfort Flex mattress 10 days ago. I have been tortured every night since. Lower back pain worsens with each night, I can't turn without waking because you can't turn easily in this bed. I'm told it will "break in" within a month or so. I can't WAIT to return this horror in 20 days. I will never purchase this brand again.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2017

I purchased a Tempur-Pedic cloud for 4000 dollars about 5 years ago from Raymour and Flanigan. The mattress eventually started to sink on both sides where my husband and I slept and the middle developed a ridge that made it uncomfortable and also caused back and neck pain. The store refused to help us. After writing a bad review on the store and another on Tempur-Pedic, I received an e-mail from a rep at Tempur-Pedic who said she will exchange the mattress. It was a little bit of work, completing some forms and sending pictures, even though the sinking was not visible until you lay in it. The rep was very attentive and we got an exchange to the same mattress but an updated model. It is a little harder than the other one we had but that is a good thing. The customer service was excellent. And so far, the mattress is great. I will keep you posted if it lasts. Thank you Lene for working with us.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2017

Horrible product, no integrity within this company. My husband and I purchased a Grand from Tempur in 2009 for about $11000 (Canadian) with the bases. My husband was in the military and was medically released with back injuries after 27 years service. The Tempur bed was recommended to us by a "bed specialist" as per the release department at the end of my husband's career. It was a glorious bed for about four years. At the end of the fourth year however, we contacted Tempur because the bed was so soft and saggy and was offering no support. We submitted pictures and our invoices as well as the registration information that they already had on file and it took them about six weeks to replace the mattress.

We immediately noticed that the new mattress had problems as the men who arrived with their "white glove" service, had snapped all the threading on the top of the mattress by folding it in half to get it up the stairs into our home. That one was replaced immediately. Move forward to today. I will preface this point by saying that I am meticulous in caring for this mattress because of the cost of them and also because I really wanted it to last for the lifetime of the warranty. It is covered by a full protective Tempur cover at all times, is not exposed to light or heat etc.

For the last three months or so, I have been washing and washing our bedding and deodorizing our house and our room in particular as there was a lingering, musty, old oil type smell. When I removed the protective pad from our bed to see if I could find a source for the odor, I found a strange yellowish color leaching through the mattress everywhere that the layers were sewn or glued together. That was where the fun just began. When I phoned Tempur I was informed that the company I had to go through was Tempur Canada since the company was now two branches.

I was then also informed that the Canada side of the company had changed over their data system in 2014 and they had no warranty or registration information anymore therefore, if I didn't have my original receipt, I was on my own. They then admitted that because I had a claim in with them in the past, they DID have my information but that it was not readily accessible. Further to that, they informed me that Tempur Canada was not carrying the "Grand" anymore as it was not selling well in Canada and they had made the decision to discontinue it. I questioned how it was possible for a company to sell a bed with a 25 year warranty and then basically tell a consumer to get stuffed because the bed was not available in Canada anymore but was still being sold by Tempur US as that is the origin of all Tempur mattresses.

Here we are six weeks of pictures, emails and phone calls later and on February 1st, I received an email saying that Tempur US had decided to replace my mattress and protector. When I didn't hear anything further from the company, I phoned yet again. I have now received an email and a phone call saying that they are reneging on the replacement and they want an inspector to come to my house. That was accompanied by a "We're sorry about this, we don't know what's going on in our own company."

I am sooo done withTempur!!! I sleep in a bed that stinks, is changing color and is completely destroying our backs, from a company that offered to replace the mattress and then reneged on the offer two weeks later. They now want me to wait for them to find someone to come out and inspect the bed, create a report, get that report back to Tempur Canada followed by Tempur US and they will make a determination... If you are purchasing a mattress, WALK AWAY from TEMPUR!!! Do yourself a favor and read these reviews and look into all the complaints about off gassing, odor and mold!!! Not worth the time dealing with them, the sleepless, hot nights or the hoops that you have to jump through trying to get this company to honor their warranties.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

Have always owned a standard old style Tempur-Pedic bed - queen sized, 8" I think it was. Always pleased with comfort and feelings of being well rested and without pain upon arising. Never had any warranty issues... Until we "upgraded" to a king bed. Purchased the Alura set in 2019... 3 years later, ruts, sinking, unable to move out of them, huge hump in the middle. Filed a warranty and was pleased with quick response and exchange.

Once again, now 2017, we are having the exact same problems. The style with extra topper of Tempur material has failed us again. We have a warranty claim in once again. HATE this model and need to get rid of it so we don't keep having the same problem every three years. I give them 5 stars or the ease of replacement the first time. I'm awaiting a response from them at this time. I'm hoping to give them another 5-star rating if they come through for us, but for some reason I have a SINKING (no pun intended) feeling that I'm going to have a problem this time. I hope they prove me wrong! I don't see the pillow top on their website anymore, so I'm thinking that there were numerous issues with it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed before I tempur-bash them all over cyberspace.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2017

Love the bed...or did. When it came time to replace air chamber due to leaks the first time was ok... I paid shipping. Second time they charged me for the air chamber and shipping. I bought 2 this time. After 12 of the 20 year warranty they sent me a green air chamber system telling me it was a new UPGRADE... "You don't want this chamber... it's higher on one side and rolls you to the middle." The lady won't entertain returns...and won't sell me the air chambers I grew to love. When I told her I'd take them to court her response was "don't you think you have gotten your money's worth?" I would take them to court...but to miss work would not be worth the effort.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

I was pleased overall with the comfort of my mattress. As a back sleeper I found that it had good support and I slept soundly. The only downside is that I get hot easily while sleeping. I found it difficult to stay cool at times compared to my old mattress (traditional spring.)

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

We purchased a Tempur-Pedic King Bed in 2010, we were hoping this bed would last us for a good while, we were in our mid 40's at the time. 6 years later it has become soft and no longer firm and a hole has formed in the middle. My wife now aches from sleeping on it and has ventured to the guest room. Mattress Warehouse is no longer in town and Tempur-Pedic requires numerous things, which I'm sure are impossible to equate to warranty procedures for credits. Anyway, just think twice before you purchase something that you are told will last a long... time!!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

During 2012, I purchased 3 Tempur-Pedic Simplicity medium Twin XL mattresses. In 2017, 5 years later, 2 of the mattresses have a lot of black mold growing under them. (Note: The top of the mattresses are nice and white, no stains, but the underside has mold) So, it is not an isolated incident. (All people sleeping on the mattresses were over the age of 15) I contacted the distributor who sold me the mattresses. I told them that these mattresses are extremely expensive and are totally worthless within 5 years. As a child, I got my 1st mattress at the age of 4, I urinated in it, spilled chicken soup and cereal all over it. For 10 years, this old cheap mattress never had mold. It seems these expensive fancy-dancy mattresses are not worth it. And, black mold is not covered under their warranty. Note: If you go to Tempur-Pedic's website to write a review, you can't if your mattress is over a certain age. You can only write a review on their newer models.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

In 2009 I spent almost $7500 for a split king (2 twin longs) Rhapsody Tempur-Pedic mattresses. I have some bad back, neck and shoulder problems and have undergone several surgeries. Of course with a cost like that I did a pretty exhaustive Due Diligence and research. I also spent some hours at a local Mattress Firm to try different beds. I am usually a high end buyer but only after checking out all the options but undoubtedly biased towards higher end products, sometimes to my detriment. At any rate, after two years one of the mattresses had some indentations and I felt that was probably the reason for the problem.

They felt comfortable but I hurt every morning. I did contact Tempur-Pedic explained my problem and filed a complaint with them along with a series of pictures. The customer service was very good and agreed to let me replace the bed or upgrade. So I went back to the dealer and went for one of the highest models for another $2000 and again it felt comfortable in the retailer with the limited time I could do this. I do not have a problem with the company and these mattresses may be fine for some people but my back is worse than ever.

We do travel a lot and again usually stay in higher end hotels and just came back from a California trip where we stayed at a Hilton and Marriott and they had just wonderful beds. While my back problems obviously didn't stop in just two weeks there was no doubt that those expensive conventional beds were a lot better on my back. These two mattresses I have now are in perfect shape and I have made up my mind that regardless of the money I have invested, I will have to change again. My wife seemingly has no problem with these beds at all but she doesn't have back problems like I do. She rarely complains on any beds we have been on anywhere in the world even when I was crippled. So again this bed might be fine for some people but people with back problems, I would look elsewhere.

Now to be specific, I upgraded a Rhapsody TXL to the Pure Opulence! I am not sure what to do with these two perfectly clean and two year old Pure Opulence mattresses. I am going to replace them with a conventional bed but I am just not sure which one yet. What a shame and in the end a waste of a lot of money. Buying a mattress is one of the most difficult important buys in one's life. This industry is full of gimmicks though and false advertising. What a shame when all you want is a bed that you can get a good night sleep!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

I ordered accessories as a Christmas gift through the customer service support staff. When they arrived they were incorrect and I was told a mistake had been made and they could not fill the order. A credit was to be issued. 20 days later and 3 follow ups with customer service I was still no closer to receiving my refund and was forced to pay the tab or pay finance fees on the credit card. As promised, I filed a complaint with Attorney General. Perhaps that will get their attention.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2016

We currently are in our Tempur mattress for 8 months now and we are miserable. Our backs hurt more now than it did before. Filed a warranty and the customer service dept is a joke and is no help. Buyer Beware when shopping for a Tempur-Pedic. NO help once you're already sleeping on their expensive mattress!!! PLEASE look at other mattress besides throwing your money into this company!!!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

I hope those who are enjoying their Tempur-Pedic continue to do so but I don't think that is likely. Six years into mine, the real nightmare began. I started with horrific neck, shoulder, hip and back pain. Then one Saturday at 2:30 am, I awoke believing I was paralyzed. I had to swing my legs to the edge of the bed, and slide my feet to the floor. I quickly realized that my right hip was not going to support me, and Sat on the edge of the bed. The only thing I could do, was start holding onto furniture to get to the living room. I settled into my computer chair. While there, I researched "pain from Tempur-Pedic mattresses."

There were hundreds with the very same complaints. One woman's husband had to actually hold her up to stand. As with me, she had no problems before the Tempur- Pedic bed. In my researching, I found that within several years, the foam breaks down. If you are a couple, it can cause a ridge in the middle of the mattress. With Tempur-Pedic you don't move. NOT GOOD. You need to change position while sleeping. To make a long story short, I am unable to sleep on a conventional mattress of any kind, pressure is too much to bear. I now sleep on a very expensive inflatable mattress. Even 3 years later I have lingering effects from the Tempur-Pedic. I bragged about the bed at first but now discourage people from getting one.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2016

I had to contact customer service shortly after I received the mattress and they're not really friendly. Overall I like the mattress. I didn't like dealing with the customer service department. I felt they were unfriendly and not geared to helping you.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2016

I bought this mattress when my husband had to have his hip replaced. It is the best mattress we have ever had. I have never had a better night's sleep. My husband is a release sleeper. He tosses and turns all night. With this mattress I never feel him move.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

I can sleep much better. A lot of my aches and pains have subsided. I think I have either a 20 year or lifetime warranty also. Best mattress I have ever slept. Great mattress, sleep much better than any other mattress. Well worth the money paid for it.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

I find that I sleep longer and sounder on this bed than I have on any previous one. It is just as comfortable whether sleeping on my back or on my side. Never wake up with a sore back. Seems to stay cooler than my previous mattress.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

I have had back problems for years. After the purchase of the Tempur-Pedic mattress my back is so much better when I wake up. I will not buy another brand of mattress. It has helped my back. I used to get out of bed and have difficulty walking. Now I get out of bed and I have very little pain in my back. I have had Tempur-Pedic for over 10 years and still going strong.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2016

We bought a Rhapsody split Cal King in 2008. The two sides are not lining up anymore and there is some indentation. I called and got the warranty papers, filled them in and sent pictures. They are replacing the mattresses with the current comparable model. They are totally standing by their warranty and the people on the phone were a pleasure to work with. Totally happy with the company!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2016

I just spend $6,900 yes that much! Ordering a 2nd king bed plus sheets, etc. for this new bed [plus ones for my existing bed]. To be told "now" with no notice when I placed the online order that I can't return one sheet set that the color is horrid on for this new bed on this same order "that hasn't been delivered yet." Really??? I just don't appreciate a policy that is unheard of these days and not stated clearly prior to my hitting the buy button. I highly suggest using another vendor. BTW Tempur-Pedic does not email a receipt nor have one available to print so I copied the image from my account for this attachment.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

I am satisfied with my purchase. After making several trips to the store, testing several mattresses, I fell in love with the mattress that I purchase. The Customer Service was wonderful. They explained everything in detail about the bed. No stress.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

My husband and I invested in the Rhapsody, California King bed in 2009. This was the best sleep investment we have ever made. Our back and neck pain disappeared within the 1-month break-in time of owning the mattress. I use the special Tempur-Pedic pillow and my husband does not, still the sleep is great. I write this review only because of the horrible reviews I have read and can honestly say, none of those things have happened to us in the time we've owned this mattress. We recommend this mattress to anyone in the market. If/when this mattress gives out, we will buy another one.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2016

My husband and I bought a tempur-pedic king size cloud supreme bed 6 years ago. The first 6 months were not very bad and then came the back and neck pain. I have severe arthritis and was hoping the bed would help. Soon both my husband and myself started sinking lower and lower into the bed which left a ridge in the middle. I called the company and was naive enough to think the company would stand behind their 20 year warranty. Boy, I was wrong. When you have a CLOUD SUPREME the straight edge and quarter trick they tell you to do won't worked. You don't sink in until you put weight on it. We wake up every few hours and can hardly move. Back, neck, shoulders. Both of us are in severe pain every morning. I dread going to sleep at night. We paid over $3,000 for it. Do not buy a Tempur-Pedic bed. You are wasting your money.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2016

First of all I bought two of these mattresses twin king xl. Got the Tempur-Pedic Flex Prima. Cost me 3000.00 dollars. I felt like I was sleeping on a rock. I called the store and switched them for the Tempur-Pedic flex supreme. Went upon the cost 4000.00. I hated these also. The store refused to do anything else. I called the company and spoke to a lady at the company and one thing I can say is she was very nice. She let me switch to the Tempur-Pedic cloud supreme for the same price. This mattress is better but it is still too hard. These mattress is not worth the money. I am so sorry I bought these pieces of junk. It makes me sick that I have to pay all this money. I wish I had kept my 400.00 DOLLAR MATTRESSES. Also wake up sweating every night. Hot mattresses. Just sick over this. BE AWARE.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2016

We live in Columbia SC, our queen size TEMPUR-Rhapsody Breeze is simply amazing. We opted for the low profile box spring, please note the pillow choice is equally important. Our non-tempurpedic pillows fall between soft/firm, medium size. We like in particular the Holiday Inn style pillows, but also recommend the Marriott style.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2016

I bought a California King Tempur-Pedic bed 4 years ago. I have warrantied it 3 times and the same thing happens every time. It sags in the middle and then countless visits to the chiro. I'm telling you, it is the worst experience I have ever gone through. They are very particular about their warranty (qualifications) they quarter with a measuring stick. What do you all think about lemon law? Absolutely ridiculous. After just 12-18 mo three different times? I don't even want their warranty replacement! Pure torture for as long as you own your expensive sponge with no support.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2016

We bought a Tempurpedic mattress and a year later it turned out as smooth as a sponge. Considering that we had wanted a firm mattress because of our back problems this turned out to be one of our worst purchase ever. Bed lost its firmness in 12 months. We reached out to Tempurpedic and send our case but they rejected our claim. We are now sleeping in the guest bedroom while saving money for another king size mattress. WE WILL NEVER BUY A TEMPURPEDIC BRAND.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2016

I paid $8000 three years ago for a Tempur-Pedic grand. Today, I find the mattress extremely uncomfortable and wake up with severe back and side pain. The mattress is sagging in the middle, it does not recover to its original shape. In pursuing the warranty, I have only gotten the runaround from tempur-pedic. They are not good for their word. Their warranties are useless. I would never buy another mattress from them.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2016

We bought the top of the line Tempur-Pedic breeze and two years later am I sorry... I couldn't figure out why I was having so much back problems... chiropractor every week. My husband got a cold and I slept in the other bedroom for two nights, then back to the breeze, and I was miserable to whole night. Like the other folks, the quarter trick doesn't show on our mattress. My last time with Tempur-Pedic. Luckily, we bought two twin beds and my husband isn't complaining yet with his as he bought a twin that was a little firmer.

Tempur-Pedic Company Information