2. Adjustable Beds

Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.09/5

Tempur-Pedic Adjustable Beds Shop Now

Tempur-Pedic Adjustable Beds Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tempur-Pedic Adjustable Beds?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tempur-Pedic Adjustable Beds?

Original review: July 20, 2020

My husband and I bought a Tempur-Pedic Split King bed (2) mattresses (pro adapt) that cost almost $ 10,000.00 yes TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS.. AND THEY PROMISED US A 30 NIGHT SLEEP GUARANTEE.... Well I hate my mattress. It's wayyy too hard and I've called repeatedly for a replacement but NOTHING!!! NO CALL BACKS. NOTHING.... Will never EVER buy from this company again.

Original review: April 30, 2020

Couple of years ago, in 2017, I purchased two of these mattresses from Ashley Home Furniture store in Louisville KY. Although the mattresses have both held up, the pain it has caused myself, my mother, and my husband has been horrible. We all have back pain, along with hip joint pain. I personally never had that before sleeping on this mattress beforehand. My husband and mother only got worse. I spent well over 11,000 on both mattresses. Very Very disappointed!! I opted to buy Tempur-Pedic because I wanted to help my mother and husband with their joint pain. NOW I AM SUFFERING from it. I never write negative reviews, but if I could help someone else from spending this kind of money, and preventing them from having joint pain, I am willing to do so.

Get buying tips about Adjustable Beds delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

Base is non refundable and bed does not conform to it. Because I received the bed on a warranty claim the bed is final also. If I may attach a photo it’s self explanatory. Basically the bed lays on the base flat when the base headboard and footboard is lifted.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

We bought a king split adjustable bed and base to try because I have multiple sclerosis and we thought it would be a wise investment for years to come. After sleeping on this mattress and base for 2 weeks we are very uncomfortable and they are telling us we cannot exchange or return the base AT ALL!! The bed separates during the night, sheet slip offs, you can feel every move your partner makes, the bed is hot and causes you to sweat! MS and heat sensitivity are a problem, continuously wake trying to adjust to a comfortable level, I even fell off the bed in the night. Now that I want to exchange the mattress and base for a regular they are telling me I have to keep the base. There is no return! How are you suppose to try a split king adjustable bed without a base? RIP OFFS!! Save yourself the trouble and high expense. I will never buy Tempur Pedic in my life ever again!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

Went to the TempurPedic store and looked at the ease adjustable base. Representative told us we had 90 days to trial all products. We have had the base for close to 3 months and strongly dislike it. It is low quality and shakes a ton when there is any shifting in the bed- keeping both me and my husband up at night. When we called to return the base customer service said no returns. We explained how we were misinformed in the store and we were told not their problem. No return policy stands. I would never purchase or recommend another TempurPedic product in my life based on this experience alone.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

We recently purchased a split king Tempur-Pedic ProBreeze Medium Hybrid mattresses with adjustable foundation (also split) $8,900 from Ashley Homestore. Salesman led us to believe that we had to try it for 30 days minimum with up to 90 days to return it. ABSOLUTELY NOT TRUE. First the foundation is non returnable under any circumstances - you own it. The mattresses (twins to make the split king) can ONLY BE EXCHANGED one time within the 90 day period. They accept no returns under any circumstances.

We are very uncomfortable on the mattresses, don't use the foundation controls or adjustments, don't need or use the massage function of the foundation. It's all a waste. My wife and I are retired and on fixed income. However, we now own the mattresses and foundations and must make payments on the Ashley Synchrony Bank credit card to the tune of $8,900. A reputable company would take returns within a reasonable time frame and make it right. My feeling is that Tempur-Pedic and Ashley Homestore's are both out to scam the customer. Watch out and BUYER BEWARE.

Original review: June 23, 2019

Like many other reviews I have read here, I began waking up with low back/hip pain every morning with my one year old high end Tempur-Pedic mattress. I just spent a week on a mediocre hotel bed and I was pain free every morning. Although the discomfort goes away as the day progresses, I am concerned about long term effects. Will complain now to tempur-pedic but don't expect anything to happen. I'm out nearly $4K... I hope people read this--I wish I had seen these reviews before I bought this overpriced garbage.

Original review: May 16, 2019

I am beyond thrilled with my split king Tempur-Pedic adjustable bed. We have 4 memory settings to adjust the bed to favorite positions or infinite adjustments with the up and down buttons. We have owned it for 8 years. I am baffled when reading other reviews about Tempur-Pedic power and adjustable beds on this website. Tempur-Pedic has a 90 day sleep guarantee on the mattress so if someone didn’t like it after a month or caused them physical problems after 2 1/2 months, they just call the store or the manufacturer if purchased online and either trade for a different model or return the mattress less a $300 charge for the mattress to be destroyed. (Maybe I just had a much better salesperson or I asked more questions before my purchase).

And if your power base gives you problems, email or call the manufacturer. The store is supposed to help with a manufacturer's warranty but if they don’t do their job, call Tempur-Pedic! If my Denali wouldn’t run and was still under warranty and the dealer didn’t know how to fix it, I wouldn’t say, "Oh well, it can’t be fixed." I would call General Motors.

I did have a couple issues, one created by my forgetfulness - you can put batteries in the black box under the bed in event of power outage... The bed will operate to lift or go flat once or twice. So I forgot about the batteries for about 5 years. Then one side of the bed quit operating because the batteries corroded. I tried cleaning with a q-tip and alcohol, then a pencil eraser, and finally I used super glue to glue a tiny piece of 300 grit sandpaper to a pencil eraser to clean the corrosion off the contacts deep inside the black box. Resynched the power and it worked fine.

The other issue was choosing the split king. We loved it initially and debated long and hard before choosing to buy what is truly 2 beds sitting side by side. We mostly enjoyed it that way for a couple years but when my husband's acid reflux erosions had finally healed, we knew we wanted to feel like we were in one bed again. So, I purchased a full encasement mattress protector for a king and zipped the two mattresses together - then did the process to make the two power deals to work together - like a one piece king does and we were fixed up. The mattress protector squished the line of where the two mattresses meet together so now we don’t feel it and it keeps the mattresses from shifting separately. When it’s time to buy our next mattress - for sure a Tempur-Pedic, we will just buy a king mattress for our power bases.

I was also baffled by people who wrote about a defect that they took so long to come out and look at... I had a friend with a defect. Tempur-Pedic doesn’t send someone. They dealt with her by email and had her send pictures. And they replaced a mattress that she thinks had been ruined because her husband insisted on a heated mattress protector turned on hours before bedtime. So again, if I had any problems with my bed, I would do what my warranty papers say to do, and contact Tempur-Pedic directly. I hope this info helps someone else so they don’t end up frustrated instead of contacting the right person to fix it.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I had a Tempur-Pedic bed from 2005 that failed in 2015. The bed had a 20 year warranty. They replaced the bed but I upgraded to a Tempur-Contour $3,399 + $1,899 from my other defective bed. The bed is a automatic which is fine. The bed is dangerous if only one person sleeps in the bed as I do. The weight on the pillow top goes to that side eventually causing you to fall out of the bed and in my case break 2 ribs. The mattress pillow top on the bed is not fixed and the mattress pillow top over time moves to the side of the bed that is used. The other side of the bed if not used has a separation of the pillow top mattress from the mattress in excess of 4". The bed is a queen but sleeps smaller due to the mattress pillow top moving to one side or the other and has a rough feel to the edge of the bed giving you a false sense of security in my case I believed it all contributed to my injuries.

Looking for a attorney to represent this Viet Nam Vet and punish this terrible company. Over time I found myself sleeping closer to the edge where it felt secure not realizing that the firmness I feel is the edge. The mattress pillow top finally moved past the edge over 4" causing me to fall out of bed and break two ribs. I am actively looking for legal representation to put this company out of business for selling a dangerous adjustable bed with a defective mattress pillow top and God knows what else I hear about off gassing.

Original review: May 21, 2018

Bought a TP, an Ergo Premier Twin Adj base on 03/02/18. Used two days and left town for month. Came back and slept one night before being gone for 3 weeks. Used three nights. On 05/19 my side of the bed quit working completely. Technician just left and said he didn't have a clue why it didn't work as all is right on setup. Now I have to wait for TP review and decision about replacement or whatever. Don't buy Tempur-Pedic Adjustable based on less than three weeks use and broken and the wait.

Tempur-Pedic Adjustable Beds author review by Whitney Roban, Ph.D.

Tempur-Pedic has been innovating the science of sleep for years. The company developed its signature TEMPUR memory foam using NASA designs, and currently manufactures mattresses, bed bases and bedding accessories. Tempur-Pedic products are ergonomic and adapt to an individual's body and sleeping posture, delivering a comfortable sleep.

• Comfort: Tempur-Pedic mattresses come in a range of firmness settings and conform to the body, while remaining plush and preventing mattress sagging. Their adaptive material cradles joints like the shoulder and elbow, ensuring a comfortable slumber regardless of sleeping position.

• Variety: Tempur-Pedic mattresses are available in every size and for every budget. From the TEMPUR-Contour to the TEMPUR-Cloud and TEMPUR-Flex mattresses, Tempur-Pedic has a sleeping solution for every body type and personal preference.

• Massage: For those who go to bed with a little muscle ache, Tempur-Pedic manufactures bed frames that include a massage feature. The massage feature is available with four settings such as wave and pulse, and can be controlled using a mobile device.

• Adjustable Frame: Tempur-Pedic bed bases can be quickly and easily adjusted for an almost unlimited number of sleeping and seating positions.

• Warranty: Every Tempur-Pedic product, from the mattresses to the linens, comes with a comprehensive warranty. Mattresses are usually under warranty for 10 years.

Dr. Whitney Roban is the author of the Devin & Evan Book Series and the founder of SLEEP-EEZ KIDZ, SLEEP WELL/LEARN WELL and SLEEP WELL/WORK WELL. She sits on the advisory board panel of the American Sleep Association and has written for and worked with national publications and organizations such as Working Mother Magazine, MSN, Business Insider, NBC News, LinkedIn, The Broad Institute of Harvard & MIT and others.

Tempur-Pedic Adjustable Beds Company Information