Find a Mattress Brands partner

Stearns & Foster Bedding

Stearns & Foster Bedding

3.9/5 (281 ratings)
Find a Mattress Brands partner

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

About Stearns & Foster Bedding

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

Stearns & Foster Bedding Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stearns & Foster Bedding?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stearns and Foster?

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

Spent a fortune a year ago on this firm mattress - since purchasing it - horrible low back pain and my husband is having neuropathy in his arms. It says in the middle and we aren’t large people - worst mattress I have ever owned and it’s only a year old. I will file complaints with government agencies as well as file a lawsuit if they try to tell me there is nothing wrong with this mattress - one would think for almost 2,000 dollars that this would not happen- whoever engineered this mattress - bad design - it’s super heavy - maybe it collapses under its own weight - I will not let this go because it’s affecting our health and we are seniors.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

Our experience is nearly identical to other folks who, like us, made the terrible mistake of purchasing a Stearns and Foster Lux Estate “pillow top” hybrid California king mattress. We bought it Mattress Firm. We discovered how bad our first one was and had them deliver a replacement. The 2nd one was just as bad so we “traded up”. It is a lengthy story so to “speed it up a bit” we ended up spending $5600.00 on their best mattress within this category of mattress. Like the previous others the mattress sagged downwards on the side that my wife sleeps on. It created so much back and hip pain that she couldn’t sleep more than 4 hours a night. We had the store manager and well as “Stearns” technician examine it and they couldn’t, they said, find anything wrong. The tech from Stearns suggested we get a blanket and fold it over until we had raised the mattress about 2 inches higher the length of the bed to compensate for the slant.

Now my wife weighs a whopping 107 lbs at 5’ 3” tall so her weight wasn’t a factor. My side of the bed was actually worse. The edge of the bed was so broken down that I couldn’t sit on it. I actually fell out of bed several times hitting my nightstand and damaging my lamp and various other pieces not to mention the bruises I sustained. Every time I visited the Stearns warranty website or viewed comments from other people with the same issues I became so disheartened that I didn’t follow through and file a claim. It isn’t the $80.00 fee they charge to send one of their warranty people out to look at it but I’ve never had to pay a company to check a defective product before. That, and the experiences of people who did and rarely, if any, received the “defective” product judgment and a replacement mattress made me feel like “what’s the use!” Even if we got a replacement I think we’d only be getting the same “piece of junk” like we did on the previous two occasions.

I never did my due diligence before buying because we has owned a Stearns and Foster mattress many years before and it was a quality product. Of course that was before the company sold out and merged and began cranking out the inferior products g they call mattresses. Times are tough for most folks today and as seniors on fixed incomes we are no exception. Together, with all the health issues we have to deal with and a mattress that has made our spines feel horrible, it would seem that the only option we have left is to go mattress shopping again. One thing is certain, it will not be at Mattress Firm and may our eyes never gaze upon another Stearns and Foster product again. Take our advice and stay clear unless you’re willing to spend tons of money on a really terrible product with a warranty that isn’t worth the paper it’s written on.

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 13, 2021

Purchased a Stearns and Foster mattress because of the salesman’s recommendation at our local furniture store. Mattress felt incredible on show room floor and had a 10 year warranty. After 5 years the top layers started to break down and after 7 it was unusable (sank down additional 6-7 inches when laying on.). They use a laughable test to determine if mattress should be replaced, which protects them from standing behind their warranty. We will never purchases from them again, $2,600 wasted on a mattress.

Original review: June 24, 2021

I bought king mattress in June 2020. After 4 months they got saggy big deep. The mattress is Rockwell. They didn’t want to work with me after submitting all pictures and info. Mattress Firm sent me email of denial. Don’t buy from Mattress Firm or Stearns & Foster. Both worst company to validate your warranty. I spent $ 3,000.00 And they compare to 400 dollars mattress.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2020

My experience is horrible!! I bought the Hurston Luxury queen size mattress. It looked like it was sank down in the middle as soon as it delivered!! The first night

I slept on it, My back was killing me!!!! The only place I can lay on the bed is on the edges. They claim "Stearns in the top of the line" That is not true!!!! I paid 2,000.00 and I am very disappointed!!!! They should refund my money and give me a free mattress!!!!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2020

This company provides Stearns and Foster, Sealy, and Tempur-Pedic mattresses. This company is the most unethical, dishonest business that I have encountered. I purchased a Stearns and Foster (S&F) mattress. The mattress was defective and literally fell apart. The springs ripped through the material and were sticking out of the mattress. After much time and much back and forth with S&F S&F finally agreed to replace my defective mattress which was still under warranty. S&F told me they would replace my mattress which was no longer available with the then current model that was equivalent to my defective mattress. However, as a precondition of giving me that to which I was legally entitled (replacement of my defective under warranty), S&F blackmailed me into signing a general release.

This release signed away all rights I would have had against S&F, including the damage to my back resulting from having to sleep on exposed mattress springs. S&F refused to replace my defective mattress unless I signed the general release. S&F told me that the replacement mattress was the then current model that was equivalent to my defective mattress. This was outright fraud. My defective mattress was a high end mattress. I learned later that the replacement mattress was a cheap model and was absolutely NOT the then current model that was equivalent to my defective mattress. I have emails from S&F confirming that the cheap replacement mattress was not the equivalent model to my defective mattress and that a higher end mattress was the the then current model that was equivalent to my defective mattress.

When I contacted S&F about their fraud, S&F replied that there was nothing I could do because I had signed the general release, regardless of the fact that I had signed it under duress and based upon S&F's fraudulent representations. I highly recommend that you stay as far away as you can from Stearns and Foster, Sealy, and Tempur-Pedic mattresses. As far as I am concerned, the company ripped me off and committed fraud.

It is my individual, personal, subjective belief that I was ripped off by this company and that this company committed fraud. Therefore, it is my individual, personal, subjective opinion and belief, that the company is incompetent, dishonest, and/or unethical. The foregoing review solely provides my individual, personal, subjective opinions, beliefs, and interpretations. Any individuals who may view this review, or any part thereof, should examine the facts and issues for themselves and form their own individual, personal opinions, beliefs, and interpretations.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

We bought our Stearns & Foster pillow top about 2 years ago. The sagging is horrible and so are the back aches. Bought it through Raymour and Flanigan furniture store. They sent a Stearns and Foster inspector to our home. Said the indentation was only 1 inch and we needed another 1/2 inch to qualify for a new mattress.

3500 for this piece of junk! So now until it gets worse, we are sleeping in separate rooms so ONE of us can sleep on the "better" half. Imagine that? Also the mattress weighs prob 300 lbs (estimate). Heavier than you can even imagine. Had a very hard time getting it up into our room and turning it is not easy. They had to use huge ties and fold the mattress totally in half (the 2nd crew the 2nd day) to get it up the stairs. A bad choice from day one. We do not want to EAT 3500! So we are hoping the indentation will get worse sooner than later and have the inspector come back. Hope this helps ONE person! Do not buy this mattress! We are open for suggestions, possibly a Casper mattress next.?

Original review: Oct. 25, 2020

Unfortunately, my experience is terrible. I paid good money for faulty product and the WORST thing about it is that they won’t do anything to rectify the situation. The mattress has either broken springs and/or faulty foam top application but it has been bad since two weeks after I bought it. I sleep alone on it and cannot sleep as you can feel the lumps!!! No other way to say it!!! I have called, emailed and no response. Why can I pay full price and they not stand behind their product? That is poor service to say the least. I want this fixed!! Who will help me?

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

It's hard to believe that the first expensive mattress that we now CAN afford is the worst one we've ever owned! This seemingly well built, plush mattress is nothing but a fake. It sags in each area with my husband and I, we are not heavy. And the sag stays. What's worse is the aching in our backs that never goes away throughout the day. We dreaded going to bed!! It's as if every pressure point that is supposed to be supported does exactly the opposite. THAT is how bad this bed is.

It also looks like after less than 2 years, we lost our money. The warranty program seems hopeless based on others' reviews. I'm so frustrated because this thing weighs a ton, and my husband is very strong. It's impossible to move around. I tried to flip it hoping we could get relief. Mistake.. I looked up how to remove the pillow top but what a pain in the **. $2700 down the drain... It's not like mattresses sell great secondhand to recover some of our investment. My husband got this at Macy's. Save your money and go elsewhere!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

I wish I had returned this to Macy's within the short window after my purchase. I bought the Lux Estate queen size mattress and after 6 months it's so uncomfortable, it's sagging terribly, in the middle and the edges. I'm around 115 lbs. It's been 9 months now, I hate it and I hate sleeping on it. I'm considering trashing it and buying a TempurPedic. I would rather just take the $2,000 loss in exchange for one good night's sleep. And by the way, the warranty only works if the sag is one and a half inches and not from the tuft... Disappointed in Naples.

Stearns and Foster author review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Stearns & Foster specializes in luxury beds made by certified craftsmen with the highest-quality materials. All mattresses are CPSIA-compliant and made in the United States. Customers can visit one of the many retail stores around the country to test the mattresses before purchasing.

• Mattress pricing: Queen-size mattress pricing starts at around $1,500.

• Types of mattresses: Select from HD Memory Foam, IntelliCoil HD and Precision Edge. It also offers a king-size bed made of two twin mattresses, allowing you to share your bed without compromising individual sleeping preferences.

• Trial period: Stearns & Foster does not provide a trial period.

• Warranty: Most, but not all, mattresses include a 10-year limited warranty.

• Additional products: Stearns & Foster specializes exclusively in mattresses. No additional products are available.

by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D. Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Stearns & Foster Bedding Company Information