Stearns & Foster Bedding

Need a good mattress?

Stearns & Foster Bedding Reviews

Need a good mattress?

Stearns & Foster Bedding Reviews

Original review: April 16, 2019

This mattress is about 15 years old, used for one person, and is still in great condition. I vacuum it maybe once a month. Has kept its shape with very little change. The worst thing is that it is way too heavy for me to turn or flip on my own. Moderately firm with pillow top.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I have a firm mattress with a pillowtop. It gives me great support and I can sink into it... It's a very heavy mattress and needs to be rotated every three months. I have zero back pain and love, love, love to sleep in it.

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

When I tried the mattress in the store, I felt immediate relief from back pain. I researched mattresses before shopping and Stearns & Foster is the highest rated mattress with the longest warranty. It felt like the mattress was custom made just for me!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

How is it that these frauds are still in business? How? Can anyone explain it??? Since they delete and block any non favorable reviews on their social media and their website they can't do it here! Thieves not allowing negative reviews! My mattress sank like the Titanic within 3 weeks and it was a luxury firm and I am a small person! Absolutely disgusting. Takes a real special kind of character to deceive and rip off the public..I mean what kind of industry has inspectors for their products? They obviously know how bad their products are! They are cheap foam. Just absolute garbage! Thousands amongst thousands of similar complaints! Where is the class action lawsuit!?!? It's a win win. Someone please get on it!

All these companies should be shut down!! They've become used car salesmen! Ripping people off, selling defective products and doing everything under the sun to avoid warranty complaints! Everyone please fight the warranties. They make it difficult on purpose so you don't bother and they win and continue to line their pockets with your money! Keep at it and don't let them get away with the deception! You don't see ALL the negative reviews for a reason! They are all deleted and hidden!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2019

Purchased in 2013 with high expectations based on reputation, research and the high-end feel of this mattress. We were very disappointed to see it developed channels in the sleeping positions within 2 years. We are not huge people, 210 and 135 pounds each! Flipping it does little good, simply runs the trench more evenly across the length of the bed. It dips at least 1.5 inches from center to lowest point, but very hard to tell because of tufting pillow top. We didn't have the energy to try and fight a warranty battle. Definitely not buying another from S&F.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stearns and Foster?

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

I bought a Stearns & Foster mattress at the Bay on sale in 2016, thinking I was getting a quality mattress at a good price. The mattress edge almost immediately started to sag, and when I contact the Bay I was told to add supports to my bed frame. I did what I was advised to do, and put up with the saggy mattress for three years before deciding that it was not acceptable. I contacted their customer service department and was then told that I had voided my warranty by not putting MORE supports under the box spring. I checked and in small print the warranty described the need for additional support for queen and king sized mattresses, but the website also claimed that their mattresses would work with any quality bed frame.

Canada's competition board has fined the Bay for false advertising concerning mattresses. I feel I was duped by them, but I also feel duped by Stearns & Foster. In my opinion it goes without saying that a good quality mattress and box springs should work with a good quality bed frame without my having to rebuild the base with slats and solid surfaces. I just checked the warranty information on Naturepedic and if the consumer uses their foundation, then the mattress is considered to be adequately supported. What is wrong with the Stearns & Foster foundation that the consumer has to add a custom built foundation to the foundation?

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

Purchased this mattress in 2011 and about 6 months after use it developed "dips" where each of us sleep. We are not overweight people. Contacted Sleepys where we purchased. They said, "Get in touch with Stearns and Foster." I haven't pursued this but just turned the mattress again and it looks awful. Considering a memory foam topper but not sure it will do any good. Also I do not know how to submit a claim or if it would do any good.

Original review: June 19, 2019

Bought a Stearns and Foster in around 2000 and after 2 years developed dip in middle. Warranty people came out and replaced bed with brand new bed. New bed lasted about another 2 years before another dip developed. I am 6 foot, 175 pound man. No abnormal wear and tear. Flash forward, 2018, I foolishly buy another Stearns and Foster, thinking worse that happens they replace. 9 months, NINE months, bed develops horrible dip. But this time they deliberately engineered it to have a way out of honoring warranty. They put hard plastic buttons on the surface of the bed and created divots. The divots make it hard to measure a "dip", and hard to define what a "dip" is... convenient.

Bad designed bed. But worse, company must know by now their product is defective and yet they keep selling to us sheep. I wish the entire management staff of Stearns and Foster to sleep on their products!!! Horrible bed. I will NEVER buy another Stearns and Foster. Some class action lawyer or Attorney General really ought to go after them. False advertising, false product. Total rip-off.

Original review: June 1, 2019

Stearns & Foster Cal King Lux Estate model. I am a fit 185 lbs man. I am also an airline employee and travel most of the month. That said, I sleep on the mattress about 10-12 days a month. Cumulatively, I have slept on it less than a year. I am using the recommended S&F foundations as well. I have a terrible time sleeping because when I lay down, my body is in a head-low orientation. This is unnatural and uncomfortable. There is about a 2" depression where I sleep. Expensive horrible mattress. I filed a warranty claim with S&F and they have not responded.

Original review: May 25, 2019

I was convinced by salesman in a higher end store that Stearns & Foster mattress is top quality and we won't be disappointed. I also was happy to hear it was made in the U.S.A. and the quality check person who built the bed even signed it. Don't buy into this and don't waste your hard earned money. We have a big hump in middle of bed and I never had lower back pain until I bought this mattress. We have a king size bed and we are both in a hole and if you lie on side or stomach and lie with a knee bent facing middle of bed your leg is higher than rest of body. I'm just so unhappy and want other people to know this and not make the same mistake as us.

Stearns and Foster expert review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Stearns & Foster specializes in luxury beds made by certified craftsmen with the highest-quality materials. The mattresses can be more expensive than other brands but are very well crafted.

• High quality: Stearns & Foster is known for its very high-quality mattresses and the excellent materials used to make them.

• Retail stores: Customers can visit one of the many retail stores around the country to test the mattresses before purchasing.

• Support: It has customer support available during the weekdays and excellent in-person support at the retail stores.

• Preferences: Customers can choose from a wide range of models, including memory foam, innerspring and hybrid mattresses of varying firmness.

• Warranty: It offers a high-level warranty ensuring the mattress will last for years to come. The company will replace it if it proves defective in any way.

• Best for: Sterns & Foster mattresses are best for professionals.

Profile picture of Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.
      Michael J. Breus, Ph.D. Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Stearns & Foster Bedding Company Information