Stainsafe

Compare Furniture Stores

Research top Furniture Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I purchased this warranty with my purchase of a sectional sofa from a online retailer. My sofa was torn at a seam. I called Uniters who offered me 285.00 for a replacement. The sofa was $3,000.00. I requested a replacement in lieu of the refund and without surprise they cannot replace it, so I am stuck with 285.00. This company is a TOTAL scam. I am writing to the better business bureau and writing a complaint everywhere I can so this will not happen to other people.

Total runaround when trying to get my couch fixed. Every time we talk with these clowns it's a different story: 1st it was "We don't cover bonded leather claims after March 1st, 2016." Then it was "We don't cover bonded leather." Value City never disclosed that this was bonded leather. There was no disclosure on the warranty info that specifically excluded bonded leather. Total scam.

This is a scam. Please don't waste your money. Shame on Macy's who sold me this garbage with my sofa. They will not clean your furniture. They will make sure to ask you 100 questions on the phone, and sent you a pig with a cheap camera to take some pictures. And by the end you will receive an email "No stain, too old or too many stains..." To make the long story short it's a SCAM!

I bought a beautiful wood dining room set and I bought the 7 year wood limited warranty. I was given a furniture care kit. I applied the wood protector seal and it turned out glossy on a flat finish. My furniture was ruined from day one. The protectant is very streaky and now peeling here and there. I do not know how to remove this application without ruining the table further.

The Uniters furniture warranty is a scam. I had called in about spilled milk on one piece of my sectional and pet urine on another piece. The technician came to my house with his phone to take pictures and then used my phone to call the report in to the company. I did not see a solution or single cleaning item on him. They put me on hold for a bit... enough time for him to leave, and stated the stains were old and dried so they could not work on them. After taking 7 days to get to my house, no kidding! One piece I put in the garage because after one cat peed on it another one did. They also stated they could not work on it due to "cumulative" stains.

I told them that two cats peed on the piece and they stated if they worked on one stain they would be liable for the couch. I told the person on the phone, so basically you are telling me this warranty is bogus and asked her what I should have done differently to get the piece cleaned and she was speechless and just apologized. Isn't that the point of the warranty to have them be accountable for coming to fix the stains? BIGGEST WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY... DON’T BUY THE WARRANTY!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stainsafe?

Not worth a penny! I'm not happy with their service at all! Not a good experience!

They claim that when you purchase the warranty, it will cover everything. Be warned! When you make a claim, you have to know what the stain is exactly - see what's covered and give them something from the list and make sure the stain was discovered within the last 5 days or it will be denied. Oh, and if you have one denied claim because you say you didn't discover the stain within the last 7 days and one denial is on record, forget it; they will continue to deny all claims. How could this company still be in business?

My son purchased the above from American Signature Furniture in 2005, with the 7 year warranty, which is up this August. The furniture is literally destroyed from August of 2011 to now. The leather is peeling over the whole sectional and ottomans. He bought the condo for investment, and spends only 20 days a year in it. 10 days in the Spring, and 10 days in August. The furniture is in a dark room with air, over 11 months out of the year. It has to be defective. We registered the complaint with the store and insurance company, and they displayed little interest, and denied any claim, noting it wasn't reported right away. I own a condo below my son's, and he asked me to check it out when I come down in January. It had to happen almost overnight. You would think the store would have shown interest in what they are selling.

My husband and I purchased furniture and Stainsafe warranties on everything totaling over $10,000 from the Room Place. Stainsafe warranties our items for 5 years. One of our leather sofa sets was delivered used with animal hair in between the seating areas. Stainsafe said there was nothing they could do until having the sofa a year after the manufacturer's warranty runs out.

The Room Place would not do anything for us because we did not report the issue within the 3 days of delivery. About a few months ago, I started to notice the seating area on the sofa was cracking and I've only had the set for almost 3 years. I tried to call Stainsafe, but the number was not working. I sent a few emails to them and they were all kicked back to my inbox. I called the Room Place to find out how I can reach Stainsafe, and I was told Stainsafe filed for Bankruptcy in 2009. The Room Place said they are going to handle the warranty.

I was a little upset because I was never notified of this happening. I sent in 4 pictures of the damaged area with explanation to the email the rep gave me. I was told I would hear back in 5 business days. Well, I've been getting the runaround from day one with the Room Place. I made several attempts with emails to touch base on my claim and finally after the 4th attempt of threatening with a lawyer, I finally received an email. Needless to say, a tech was sent out. The gentleman told me he couldn't fix the problem and he would tell the Room Place they needed to order 3 new seating areas for my sofa.

The tech sprayed something on my sofa and said it would help prevent the leather from further cracking until the sofa is fixed. He told me I would hear back from the Room Place in 5 business days. This was a month ago. I called the woman I spoke with that was handling my claim. She said she was sorry, that they were very busy with claims and backed up. She told me after reviewing my claim, that the tech noted he fixed the problem and the case was closed. I was enraged. I told her this was not the first time that the Room Place stuck me. I told her the tech said he needed to order 3 new seating areas.

The woman then began to tell me that the manufacturer discontinued my set and there was nothing they could do. So I told her basically I paid all this money to warranty my furniture from you and I can not have it fixed. She said she was sorry but there was nothing she could do. My questions are why was I not notified of Stainsafe's filing? And can I get my money back for the warranty from the Room Place?

We have a discolor issue with a leather love seat. When I contacted Stainsafe to have a tech come out to inspect the problem after about one minute on the phone, they determined it was not a warranty issue. Immediately I started to research this online and found several complaints similar to mine. Has anyone filed a complaint with the Attorney General’s office?

I purchased a $1,600 furniture from American Signature Furniture with seven-year warranty from Stainsafe, Uniters North America LLC Riviera Beach, FL. We have experienced a tear on the inside piece of recliner sectional causing worn places, and a tear on the leather. We filed a claim so they sent technician to fix per the warranty contract.

The tech could not fix it and reported it to service representative. He sent pictures of the damaged leather and the location of the damage on the furniture. He agreed that the damaged piece should be replaced. He was no more than five minutes out the door when I received a text message stating that the claim is denied due to normal wear and tear not covered under the terms of our agreement.

Our agreement specifically says that "it is covered during normal residential use." I filed the "Letter of Dispute" certified mail, (sent a copy to American Signature Furniture in Sunrise, Fla). I included all the items, sales receipt, copy of warranty, pictures they requested and waited for a reply. I called after three weeks to be told that it would take 30 days to review our claim.

Upon the 30th day, I called again and was told that it would be a few more days and to call back in 48 hours. I called back two days later and was then told that it would be a few more days. That evening, I received a text message saying that our claim had been denied. I have been trying to reach someone to return my call to discuss the claim further.

The service reps only read verbatim what I have already been told and they are ignoring my requests to speak to their supervisor or the person who researched my claim. I have attempted to send yet another letter to the claim dispute department. Any help or advice that you can suggest would be appreciated. We feel like they are ignoring our claim and expecting us to give up trying to recoup our $199 or the Warranty Service as quoted in our contract. Thank you.

I purchased a $1800 worth of furniture and $500 total in extended warranties. I was told no matter what happened, it would be covered, especially since I had kids and animals. The kids let the puppy on the couch and it peed. I have been trying to reach Stain Safe or someone for months and no number works and no response to email or fax. Now I have a ruined couch and I am out the additional $500 as well. The couch, which was a Stratford Sectional is ruined. I have no idea how to clean it and cannot get it replaced because Wickes is out of business, too. I am out a total of about $1500 just for the warranty and couch, not to mention I now have a mismatched chair and no couch to go with it.

I can't contact the company for a warranty claim.

I found numerous complaints about Stainsafe on your site. We also have a warranty purchased for them through Harlem Furniture. It looks like Stainsafe is gone but I think Harlem is honoring their warranties. I called Harlem Furniture customer service at ** and chose the Stainsafe option. They are sending me a cleaning kit for my issue.

On Sept. 9, 2010, I filed a claim with Stainsafe. They requested I fax or send them a copy of my invoice #, my claim # and everything else they requested via mail, since I do not have a fax. I just called them today to find out what was going on with my claim. They said they did not receive anything from me and waited 30 days and then closed the claim. Nowhere on the warranty does it state they need to receive it within 60 days. I asked to speak to a supervisor and waited a good five minutes until a recording came on and said someone would call me back. I have not heard from them yet!

I protected my living room furniture with Stainsafe protection at the time of purchase. I called 2 different contact numbers to report a claim. One is disconnected, and one rings forever with no answer.

I had purchased my living room set from Harlem furniture and a warranty of 5 years covered by Stainsafe for the fabric. The other day I accidentally stained my sofa. When I tried emailing the claims department the email did not go through, then I tried calling them and the 800 number had been disconnected.

We purchased our furniture, couch and 2 chairs in Naugahyde in 2007; I just made several attempts to call them and even sent an email that came back undeliverable for some repairs. No answer on the 1-800 number. I will be going back to where I purchased my furniture to advise that this company is out of business and we have lost our $500.00.

I purchased a sofa and love seat from Bay Furniture in 9-23-2003. Since then, Stainsafe has had to service my springs in furniture at least 3 times. Today 5-3-2010, I called because the clamps holding the springs have broke again. I paid $1612.49 for the furniture and I paid $192.59 for the 7 year warranty. The furniture wasn't delivered until 11-15-2003, so I still have a few months on my warranty and of course cannot contact them. They were here last year to service 6-2009 for the same problem. Whatever happened to the lemon law!

Apparently, I wasted my money too. I purchased the 7-year warranty when I purchased new furniture from Wickes. When they went out of business, I was also told it would be no problem because the warranty would still be valid. However, when I tried to call today but the phone number is disconnected and the website is gone. I lost $225 of my money.

I was sold a warranty. No one answers phone anymore. Is the company closed?

I went to file a claim and found out they are no longer in business. I never was notified or returned my money for something I paid for with a company I thought I could trust. When I found out Wickes was going out of business in my town I called them and they told me not to worry. Any claim I might have through out my contract would be taken care of (no problem). Now, they don't respond to phone calls (no such number) or claims online. I don't know what to do now. If they would just give me back the $160 I spent for this plan I would be happy. I will never buy a warranty again. I've learned my lesson, the hard way.

every time I call for a claim they find a way to deny it, wear and tear not included they explained when I brought it, tears, staining, etc all covered for 7 years, I am in my 6th year of purchase, I asked to cover a fading stain, they said it was normal wear and tear...without seeing it,

also you have to use the product provided by them...can't buy another bottle. if you run out, and if not used, can void warranty, if you can't get another bottle, how can they void u, what a scam.

I paid over $200 for nothing,they repair nothing at all, I called again, about fading and discoloration , and a tear.they came out once 3 yrs ago with a paint substance, I still have it, it was so bad the color and oil seperated within 24 hrs, I am glad I didnot apply it, then, I called about a stain, discoloration, they said because I said it could have been wear and tear, discoloration it was not covered, so what is? what do they fix?

We purchased a 5 piece bedroom set from JC Penney in March 2006. In July 2008 the drawers on my wife's dresser began to break (the glide had broken). In August 2008 Stainsafe issused a full item replacement authorization. Less than a year later the drawers on the night stands and other dresser began to brake as well. Stainsafe sent a tech out who said that he could not fix the problem and the problem would just keep reoccuring.

After the tech contacted Stainsafe, they now said they will not cover the problem at hand and will not replace the nightstands or other dresser. How can they approve a full item replacement for one item and not the others? If I have just the one dresser replaced I will have a mismatched bedroom set wih actually only one piece that works. Our drawers continually fall out of the dressers on to our feet. I never thought I would buy a beautiful bedroom set from a reputable company only to wind up with defective furniture and a warranty company that will not hold up to their warranty.

I signed up for fabric protection to my couch and love seat when I purchased it from Wickes Furniture in 2007. Now I need services for my couch, and guess what? Of course, I cannot get in touch with Stainsafe. I try to call and the phone just disconnects. I try to email but cannot enter any information on the complaint form. Just another consumer rip-off. Usually I don't purchase this kind of stuff and this is the reason why. Never again.

Consequences: Does not matter. I have a stain on my couch. I needed the service I paid for and cannot get in touch with the company that I signed a "7 year Diamond Supreme Limited Warranty for Fabric" with. Just so, so disappointed.

I have read so many online complaints about this company. I wish I had known this before I bought my 5-year warranty on my couch. I spilled red wine on my light green couch, filed a complaint that very evening and after 2 months, a service technician showed up at my house to "treat" the stain. He bleached out my couch. It is ruined and after another few months of phoning Stainsafe/Global Care Solutions like a wild woman, they have informed me that they cannot replace the slipcover because the store where I bought it went out of business. They cannot order directly from a manufacturer. Convenient, isn't it? So I can go into a store and order a new one, but my warranty company (who ruined my slipcover) cannot.

They are refunding me the $159 I paid for the warranty, which will not pay for a new slipcover. I have a bleached out couch courtesy of Stainsafe and they could care less. I am writing letters to the president and COO, I have contacted my local news agency, the Consumer Protection agency and next is small claims court. I am not going to settle for anything less than what is owed to me. Never buy a Stainsafe Green Gard warranty!

My four-year-old threw up on our couch yesterday morning. My wife and I cleaned the sofa two times. We cannot get the smell out of the sofa. I called Stain Safe and was told that my claim is denied because we do not have a stain - we have an odor! We bought the warranty because of the children. They are saying that no odors are covered. I wish Harlem Furniture would have told us that.

There is no refund for the remaining years of the Stain Safe warranty. The sofa is useless to us, a $1300 leather couch that has to be thrown away. I spoke to a manager named Adrian who stated that they do not do any type of refunds at all. I spent 3600 dollars in furniture and purchased Stain Safe for all of it. I only wanted my prorated money back on the remainder of the warranty.

I called to report that the fabric was coming off of the piping on my couch cushions. She left me on hold for a while and came back to inform me that it is not covered under this warranty plan. It states on my warranty that all rips, tears, burns, punctures and most pet bodily fluids stains. She said that because it wasn't an accident that it wasn't covered. This plan is a rip off. DO NOT EVER BUY THIS PLAN. IT IS A WASTE OF YOUR MONEY! This is the second set of cushions that I have had on this couch in 6 years.

I purchased a new chaise lounge microfiber sectional with ottoman from a local furniture store, back in March or April 2008. On Thursday, October 2, 2008, my cat, who wasn't feeling well had an accident on one of the cushions of the couch... a small seat cushion. I called Stainsafe the very next day to report the issue. They wanted the receipt and other information, that the store sent in to them for me. They said they'd send a tech, then they didn't get his report, so he resent it, then they couldn't do anything, the spot had to be cleaned again... ect.

It is now March 6. I just called again today and was told that the replacement cushion was requested January 21, 2009 and can take 8-14 weeks to arrive. When I receive it I have to call Stainsafe again to schedule a tech, which can take another 4-6 weeks. This has been going on since October and I am so frustrated. If you try to complain to the customer serivce people, they get annoyed and put you on hold forever and just repeat the same line like a robot, which is more frustrating. If it were their furniture, I hope they could only be as patient!!!

Cat urine on a cushion, which has been sitting in the fabric for months, soaked through the cushion, I'm sure.

Reading some of these articles makes me feel like Stainsafe was and is a shaddy business, i too had gone through hoops, various messages, waiting and waiting over 7 months to finally get our couch recliner repaired. Now our loveseat recliner is hooped and I have a warranty claim in Dec./08 and was told ONCE AGAIN a technician would call in 5-7 days, it's now 2 months, the number does not go through the the US contact # Global Care is not affliated with Stainsafe but they can bring up my warranty #?

Seems [wrong] to me with them not honouring their claims. It seems I will have to be out of pocket to repair our loveseat, thank goodness our sofa got repaired but I'm scared to use it. And the company I bought it from seems to be going out of business. I would love to sue them somehow, class action suit, if there was somehow to contact them to send the papers to?

Stainsafe Company Profile