2.35/5
Are you this business? Claim your page

Need a good mattress?

454 Serta Mattress Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 12, 2015

The cushions will not stand the test of time. In 2 months the cushions have lost their shape and collapsed. I had no idea these couches were sold in the stores they are. I thought with a name like Serta I was buying a quality piece of furniture. Was I in for a surprise. I failed to do my homework. If I had I would have passed on this couch -- low cost, high profit couch -- using the material they use in building this couch, not to mention the volume. I am very upset I bought this. Should have spent more for a a quality couch.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2015

My husband and I bought a pillow top in July of 2012. After 6 months it developed a hump in the middle. I turn my mattress every 3 months. When I contacted the store they said it was normal and nothing they could do. $1,100 Later we still have to suffer with it. We cannot afford another bed, lots of chiropractor appts. Never a Serta again.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2015

We bought a Serta iComfort mattress from Sears two years ago. My wife and I can no longer sleep on the mattress without experiencing back pain. We contacted Sears and they gave us the warranty process. After taking several photos with a complicated system of showing the necessary indentation of the mattress, we were denied any action. My wife started to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and the BBB said that Sears requests the opportunity to resolve complaints before filing with them. We went through that process and were denied again. Reading the complaints about this mattress tells me that Sears is obviously selling an inferior product and is not interested in resolving issues with this product. I am kicking myself for not looking at these reviews before spending two thousand dollars for a mattress that lasted two years.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2015

I decided to replace an old mattress with a Serta iseries in June 2014. It cost about $1200 but I thought it would be a good investment. The first 2 months were awesome-so comfortable. Then the foam must have compressed(?). It was causing a sore hip and shoulder pain. I rotated the mattress and it was fine for a few months, now same problem. My shoulder hurts within 10-15 min and I can't sleep (side sleeper). I called Serta and they said if there is a visible mattress sag (greater than a certain amount) it can be replaced by the store, but the sag did not meet that requirement. So, they told me to purchase a mattress topper. I just spent $1200 7 months ago, I'm only 95 lbs, really? My shoulder hurts all day and I haven't slept well in over 2 weeks, thanks Serta!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2015

Defective iSerta Series Mattress - My husband and I purchased a mattress from USMattress 6 months ago (July 2014). Unfortunately, we are extremely disappointed in the quality of the mattress that we purchased. After only 3 months, Our mattress has developed a "hump" in the middle and is so uncomfortable that we are unable to sleep on it. Needless to say, we invested a substantial amount of money on this mattress and are very disappointed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Serta Mattress?

Original review: Jan. 11, 2015

I purchased a Queen Vera Wang Serta for my adjustable bed frame 3 years ago and at first I LOVED it. I started to notice a sag in the middle of the bed when I would have company. While trying to sleep, we were forcibly collided together. Shortly afterwards my lower back would FREEZE up every single morning and I felt 90 years old. Only after 2 hours of warm up each morning could I move I was a robot. I thought my body was getting old as I'm 50. I spent the night at a friends over the holidays in their 10 year old bed and felt FABULOUS and perfect each morning! I was SHOCKED SHOCKED SHOCKED to realize my very expensive bed was causing me this much pain in my body! I had a Tempurpedic before this and it was very supportive. Not going to try these other mattresses anymore. This Serta mattress sucks.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2015

This is a review for the Serta Perfect Sleeper Bayfield queen mattress. We purchased the mattress 4 months ago. At first my wife and I slept soundly through the night and woke up feeling refreshed. Unfortunately that comfort didn't last. Approximately 3 weeks ago I noticed impressions left on the mattress upon getting up in the morning. At first I didn't think much of it until I started waking up with severe lower back pain. It was so bad, I had difficulty getting out of bed in the morning. The pain would follow me throughout the day, making it difficult to move or sit for long periods. For context, I'm a fit 34-year old male with no history of back trouble. I can only imagine how this mattress would affect an older individual or someone with pre-existing back pain. The sagging has become so bad that I had to fill the hole with towels, then place a foam sleeping pad and inflatable Thermarest pad over top in order to sleep without excruciating pain. All this from a mattress that costs over $2000 (in Canada) and is only 4.5 months old.

To make matters worse, the warranty specifies the impressions must be 1.5" or greater to be valid. Our impressions aren't that depth yet (probably closer to 1") but I can assure you back pain can and will develop with impressions much shallower than that. I'm astounded that Serta willingly produces mattresses of such poor quality. To sell a mattress for thousands of dollars that has a shelf life of 3 months is beyond comprehension. As you can see from other reviews, mine is not an isolated incident. I strongly advise anyone considering a Serta product to look elsewhere.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2015

We purchased an iComfort Prodigy King July 2011 from The Mattress Store. Within 6 months it was sagging (both sides). The Mattress Store went out of business, so we worked directly with Serta. Their inspector came to our home, took pictures & measurements. He faxed his report to Serta, and we were approved for a replacement. They said it was being manufactured, so it would take about 4-6 weeks for delivery. We were required to pay for shipping & handling. The mattress was one year old when it was picked up.

The replacement iComfort Prodigy was very comfortable for about 4 months, then began to sag, just like the first one, only in a shorter amount of time! We have now gone through the entire replacement process a second time and have been approved for a replacement. The iComfort Prodigy has been discontinued. We are being offered the iComfort Prodigy EF. We are expected to pay another $149 shipping & handling charge.

Buy your mattress from a well known store. We went to JC Penney yesterday, they offer free shipping and if a replacement is necessary, they replace yours immediately and deal with the manufacturer directly. Confirm return policy before purchase anywhere.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2015

Several years ago I broke my neck and back. Last month I purchased a Serta Memory Foam Topper. I've had it for about a month but am having a very difficult time with it. Since breaking my back and neck I have difficulty in turning. When I do it causes the Topper to shift and move, which has caused me to fall off the bed 6 times in a month, which is unacceptable when I never fell off a bed before. I can't afford to break it again. Having paid close to $90.99 the feel is wonderful but the mattress doesn't stay in place. What can be done about this? I purchased it at Kohl’s but am unable to put it in the box to return nor lift it.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2015

I purchased a king memory foam mattress a year ago from Rooms to Go. Within 6 months the mattress was sinking and was horrible to sleep on. Rooms to go in fact replaced that mattress with the same mattress. I was told by the sales person at Rooms to Go - this was the most returned mattress they have, this was before they quit carrying the product. I am disappointed that such a reputable company as Serta has been selling such a low quality product to consumers. I will never buy Serta ever again.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2015

Bought a Serta iSeries mattress from Sears that was delivered on June 7 of this year, paying $2,499. By October, body impressions had developed on both sides of the mattress requiring my wife to move to the couch due to back problems when sleeping on the mattress. Currently, I am seeing a chiropractor due to problems with my back from sleeping on the mattress. Basic problem is that something below the pillow top either compresses or migrates and the mattress develops "body impressions" on both sides of the mattress. The pillow top with no weight on it maintains the original shape of the mattress, and Serta has cleverly designed its warrant to require measurements to be made calibrating the loss of shape in the pillow top with no weight on the mattress. Once any weight is placed on the mattress, the weight sinks to the bottom of where the gel foam has migrated away from or something else has compressed. Serta seems to be uninterested in researching or resolving this problem and continues to manufacture very expensive mattresses which after several months of use become unusable.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2015

Serta iComfort Genius 821038-350 bought April 2012 from Bernie and Phyl - had to replace 1/2/15 due to sagging and no support on both left and right sleep sides. Caused chronic backaches of both sleepers. Also did not keep cool as sales pitch said.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2014

We purchased our mattress and slim box spring set in 2011 paying over $2,000 dollars. Within weeks we had deep depressions where each of us sleep. And neither of us is overweight. Serta came and did their "measurements" and since the depressions were over 1-1/2 inches, they replaced the mattress. Alas, within two months, the same thing happened again, and they replaced the second mattress. The third mattress has done the same thing, and I had given up until my sales person encouraged me to call again. They did the measurement this time, and the mattress is less than four years old (and we only use it six months out of the year--you do the math!), and the depressions are 3" and 4" in the two areas. We received their determination today: it doesn't meet their criteria for replacement. They will, however, replace the box spring. DO NOT buy a Serta mattress. We will never make this mistake again!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2014

One of the sides has split along the side going towards corner. I have had beds that last longer with no broken stitching. I would be curious to know what the warranty is on your "Perfect Sleepers?" I strolled down to submit my email. It had add receipt my Serta Perfect Sleeper was a gift. Does that leave out in the cold? No pun intended. I am gonna attempt to add an image.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2014

Two years ago, my wife and I decided to replace our bedroom furniture. Included, was a Serta i-comfort Savant king sized mattress. At first, I thought it was wonderful. But over time, it started getting "soft spots" where my wife and I lay. So when we try to roll over, it's like trying to roll out of a valley. We have rotated it 180' a few times, but it really doesn't make much difference. I truly regret purchasing this mattress.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2014

I bought a Serta mattress June 2014 and a few months later I had a huge hump in middle of bed. Can't get over it if I try. I bought at Conns furn. Called company and they said the dimensions wasn't enough to fix. HELLO. What do they expect out of a bed? It is terrible. They told me to contact Serta for replacement. Help please. We need sleep!!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2014

Neither Serta or Sleepy's The Mattress Professional would stand by the warranty, even though the box spring was clearly broken because of poor construction. The way they get around warranty costs is to demand that the tags that were attached at the end of the box spring and mattress MUST STILL BE ATTACHED! Most of these tags are attached along with the manufacturers warranty info and other safety warning cards using only a single plastic shoot-in tagging barb from a tagging gun... Now I ask you, how long do you think those tags and papers will stay on the side of your pieces of bedding. Not to mention that you may want to remove them to get the warranty papers to keep with your receipt. The whole idea is ridiculous. It's virtually impossible to keep the tags intact and attached, therefore Serta and in turn Sleepy's get out of honoring their warranties. I will NOT PURCHASE SERTA OR BUY FROM SLEEPY'S IN THE FUTURE! BEWARE!!!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2014

I purchased a brand new Serta mattress that cost $1,200. It arrived stained and did not feel very comfortable. I called and waited on hold for 30 min then spoke to a CSR only to find out there was nothing I could do nor would they do to help me. The first three years were tolerable but I'm at year 11 and it's the worst bed I ever owned from start till now. I am broke and cannot afford a new bed. I am pretty sure I am not the only person that this has happened to and that's tragic.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2014

We bought a king size iComfort Firm about two years ago. The product's deficiencies began to show in less than one year. Basically the mattress creates permanent body impressions on both sides of the bed. It doesn't matter how many times you rotate the bed, the impressions stay. You can only sleep somewhat comfortably on your back. Not on either side or stomach. Both my wife and I are relatively slender. The mattress is flawed. The creative technology does bounce back, but still remains non-supportive. We purchased at Macy's. It has been inspected twice. Each time it passed with 1/2" depression. 3/4" is required for replacement or credit. I'll make one last ditch effort with warranty assistance. I'd strongly suggest you do not purchase this bed or this style of bed.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2014

I purchased a Serta mattress through QVC. Where my bottom is there is a deep indentation. This should not happen, in my opinion. I purchased the mattress in the spring and immediately, this dent occurred. I can't recommend this mattress to anyone. I did not keep a purchase order. I assumed a large purchase like this would not have such a problem.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2014

Not even a year after purchasing a Serta, ours started breaking down. We had an awesome warranty, but it did us no good. They came out when we complained and tested it. They just did some measuring and put this stupid string across each end. And told us there was nothing wrong with it. We just wanted a replacement that was in our warranty and they refused. Because they seen nothing wrong with it. NEVER, NEVER AGAIN will we purchase a Serta. We are getting ready to buy a Simmons Beautyrest.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2014

We purchased a Serta Florence mattress less than 2 years ago. It now has body impressions in it and a ridge in the center that makes this $1200.00 mattress very uncomfortable to say the least. We went back to the dealer and complained and they gave us a ream of paperwork and were told to take pictures in color of every possible angle and also lay mattress on hardwood floor and take pictures and measurements. This is totally ridiculous to ask a consumer to jump through these kind of hoops to validate a so called 10 year warranty. I have a $70000.00 vehicle that I only need to present to the dealer for warranty work. Serta seems that they want to discourage any claims on their warranty by making it extremely difficult to do. I will never buy a Serta product again and will discourage others from doing so. I am even considering parking my truck with the mattress in the back so all their prospective customers will see what they are about to get!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2014

We purchased the Vera Wang Serta Mattress in 2006 and we've been so disappointed with this purchase for many years. Within a very short time the mattress developed a hump in the middle of the bed and the sag while in the bed feels like sleeping in hammock. We sink more than 3-4 inches into the bed and it has been a very long time since we've had a good night sleep. I only weigh 180 lbs and my wife is less than 120. When the inspection was done several weeks ago, the report stated it was 1 1/8....which I feel the results are invalid due to pillow top raising up the measuring tool. I've talked to Serta corporate about our case with no solution in sight. They will not admit this is poor product and the lady I talked to doesn't even sleep on Serta herself. They claim the bed has to be more than 1 1/2 sag to be replaced. This bed has a 10 year warranty but it is not worth the money. Before you buy a Serta, do your research and you will find this is not the bed to purchase. While we were shopping recently at Havertys they wanted to show a Serta and told us they have improved their mattresses, but I will never again make this mistake. BE CAUTIOUS, this product and their Customer Service is poor in quality and you will also be very disappointed!!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2014

We purchased a king size Serta Perfect Day mattress set a few yrs ago. Immediately we noticed some "body impressions", but it was ok. Within about a year, those "body impressions" became much worse and my back began to hurt upon waking each morning. We put up with it for another year until it was so bad that we were becoming miserable. Contacted Serta- they would not help me because I told them there were a few stains on the mattress by now. They should have at least offered to come assess the defect I was complaining about, and attempt to make this right. We paid $1700 for this set, and expected to have a nice quality sleep set for many yrs to come.

So...here I am stuck with a terribly aching back, neck and shoulders each and EVERY day! Those "impressions" are now DITCHES with a hump in between us! It is miserable! (And my husband and I are not big people - he weighs 180 and I weigh 140). There is absolutely no excuse for the condition of this mattress, and I'm appalled at the lack of even any attempt from Serta to solve our problem with their product! Will definitely not ever buy a Serta again.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2014

We purchased the iComfort series about 3+ years ago and were thrilled with how nice and comfortable the mattress was. However, at just under 1 year, we noticed the bed began sagging on both sides where my husband and I slept. My husband is a firefighter and does not even sleep on his side of the bed half of the week, yet his side was measuring at 1 inch sag when the mattress warranty rep came out to check it. My side was sagging at 1.5 inches at the time. The mattress store we purchased the bed from went ahead and exchanged the mattress for the same iComfort at no additional cost to us. Happy to have received a new bed, however now the bed we received just over a year ago is sagging again.

Called the mattress store again and was told I needed to pay the $59 cash, no credit card, to have someone come out again to look at it. The salesman told me to do the string test and see how bad it was. Once again, the mattress is at about .75 inch sag on both sides. However, I do not want to spend the money and the mattress not be "saggy" enough (must have a sag of at least .75 inches for the warranty to be covered). I am so disappointed at how both of these mattresses have worn, even with one side not being slept on for half of the time. We have rotated this mattress to try and even out the sag, but for a 1+ year old mattress, this is horrible. I have had Stearns & Foster and other beds easily last 10 years without showing sagging, these haven't made it past a year.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2014

On Sept. 1, 2014, I purchased a Serta Perfect Sleeper Wincroft Luxury Super Pillowtop California King Mattress from SamsClub.com. Total cost: $900 for just the mattress as I have a platform bed with a good Stearns and Foster 7" foundation. In less than 2 months of sleeping on it, I started experiencing terrible hip pain that kept me up all night. My mattress is sagging so badly that I regret getting rid of my Stearns and Foster that I have had for about 10 years. The reason that I got rid of that is that the foam in that mattress held my body heat and I sweated all night long and woke up drenched. That was a problem from the beginning but I learned to live with it, but since it was 10 years old, decided to replace it. Well, this Serta Mattress is HORRIBLE! I am in so much hip pain and I haven't gotten more than 2 hours at a time of sleep for the past month.

So, just this morning, I finally got in touch with SamsClub.com. They took my info and promptly credited my MC, and are sending someone to pick up the mattress. I am really glad that I dealt with Sams club after reading all of these other complaints about other mattress dealers and Serta giving customer the run-around.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2014

My mom bought a Serta century collection king size mattress set from Badcock in Prattville Alabama about 6 months ago. She said from the start when she would lay down on it, it would dip real deep and about a month after she called Badcock and they came out and measured it but said there was no defect, told her to flip the king size mattress. She is 78 years old. How in the hell is she suppose to flip it? She got my brother and nephew to flip it and it didn't help at all. She has tried talking with Badcock and Serta with no conclusion to this problem. They said they couldn't do anything cause it was out of warranty. I think this is awful and that Serta should replace it.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2014

Right now, trying to get Mattress Firm dealership to come out and take this rotten Mattress away and get something that is worth the money! Sags, hard to get out of, makes a deep pocket where you lay making it a nightmare for a bad back!! Cheap version of Tempurpedic. Would have got a good conventional mattress, and put Walmarts 4" or 6" foam on top, and We know it would have been better! These mattresses by Serta are nothing but a rip-off and a nightmare to sleep on, especially for people with bad backs! Way overpriced too for a really unsatisfied customer! Never get this type of Serta memory foam type mattress.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2014

Bought mattress from QVC, mattress sinks and top is wrinkled, one year old. They will not stand behind product. Bought for disabled son, the mattress is awful to sleep on, you sink in and the top is very noticeable that it is wrinkled. So I guess that I am out of 600.00 dollars. What warranty, they have no warranty. Someone needs to stand up and take notice. This is not honest.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2014

There should be something that can be done about this.. Please advise... So everybody is stuck with these horrible mattresses and nothing can be done about it? Like everybody else... I bought the Icomfort mattress from City Furniture, got the extra warranty for replacement that should cover a defective mattress.... The mattress is sag after 6 months.. It is like sleeping on a hammock, very uneven and we started to get back and neck pain after a horrible night of no sleep... After 3 months calling City Furniture they finally sent their technician today... Guess what? A sag of 1 to 1.5 inches is normal, and that is with nobody laying down on the mattress. You can visually see the mountain in the middle and the 2 sags on the sides but that is normal? So for real, there is nothing that we can do to get this mattress replaced? Please advise. There should be a place to contact and complain about the two companies for not supporting the products they sell... Please advise.

Serta Mattress Company Information