Shop Now

2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

3.8/5 (318 ratings)

About Serta Mattress

Serta mattresses are available in a variety of models, features and types, including innerspring, memory foam and hybrid. The company offers financing options, long warranties and free standard shipping, but installation is not included with standard shipping.

Pros

• Financing plans
  • Free standard shipping
  • Long warranties

Cons

• Charges extra for white-glove delivery
  • Less durability

Bottom Line

Serta mattresses come in a range of models and comfort levels. Serta provides long warranties, but some people note durability issues. Standard shipping is free when you order online but doesn't include installation.

Serta Mattress Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Serta Mattress?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Serta Mattress?

Original review: June 18, 2021

The mattress is not the worst, but not the greatest. I feel that it sinks too much as you sleep. I called them about this when it was first purchased. They did come out and measure how much it sinks. It apparently passed the test of sinking TOO much and brought me out a different mattress (same as I had). It really and truly isn’t any different. I just kept it and I sleep on it every night. Would I buy the mattress again, no. I am researching mattresses now to get some thoughts on what I might want next time.

Original review: June 12, 2021

When we purchased our new home 2 years ago, we decided to move towards better quality mattresses and an adjustable frame. We have been nothing but happy with our choices to move in this direction. Our quality of rest greatly increased due to these choices. The mattress is not overly firm nor soft. It just assumes the body and allows you to relax and fall into a deep sleep. We would highly recommend Serta to anyone looking to improve their quality of sleep.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

I have no problem with the Serta Perfect Sleeper company. They have been helpful in every way. At the time I could not afford the kind I wanted and settled for the coil mattress. If you ever sit on the side of your bed then you will feel the wire along side of the mattress. It is very uncomfortable. I suggest getting something other than the coils.

Original review: July 26, 2020

I bought my Serta Perfect Sleeper mattress close to 20 yrs. ago and it's still like new and extremely comfortable as it was when bought. The "Pillow Top" makes it so comfortable and it's not too firm but firm enough for good support and no aching backs. I have kept it in great shape by rotating it every couple of months and flipping it over. I love my Serta Perfect Sleeper Pillow Top Mattress and if this one ever wears out I'd definitely get another Serta brand mattress. I believe it has a limited life time warranty but it's been so long I'm not sure, 20 yrs is a long enough time for me to know that it's a great mattress that's held its shape. I didn't finance it. I paid for it when I bought it and the cost was well worth every dollar I paid.

Original review: July 25, 2020

I have Serta pillow top mattresses and box springs on all of my beds. I've tried other mattresses (Sleep Number, foam, etc) and I have back pain when I wake up in the mornings, even with the "adjustable" mattresses. My sleeper sofa also has a Serta mattress. I didn't have financing options through Serta, but did through the retailer. Serta provides me with a good night's sleep every single night.

Original review: June 21, 2021

Overall the mattress didn’t wear well. We had to contact Mattress Firm for a warranty claim. They have been very helpful. I would recommend mattress firm. Still waiting to hear from Mattress Firm if they are going to replace the mattress.

Original review: June 20, 2021

Great warranty. Had a bad quality expensive mattress and they processed and inspected and confirmed. They replaced it with same value of new mattress. Key is to get extra firm but soft mattress and buy and put 2-3" memory foam on it before putting the sheet on them. You can replace memory foam every 4-5 years but leave expensive extra firm mattress alone.

Original review: June 19, 2021

I had the same mattress for 10 years. It was the Eurotop - it had a 10 year warranty, and I lost it in a tragic flood. So naturally, I bought another Serta brand mattress. This one is not near the quality. It is memory foam, and I hate it.

Original review: June 17, 2021

I HAVEN'T SLEPT THIS GOOD IN YEARS!! My back doesn't hurt in the mornings anymore. I wake up rested after falling into deep sleeps. I can turn over without any more hip pain. I purchased the FIRM QUEEN and it is the best purchase I have made in a very long time. Well worth the money. Purchased from Big Lots. Very very pleased.

Original review: June 16, 2021

It's a hybrid mattress and it is fine. I needed both a box spring and mattress for my bed. I explained all details to the sales guy on how I sleep and my current issues related to sleep: warm at night, kick off covers then get cool and pull them up again. I still am warm at night. But I don't believe the hybrid mattress provides the cooling I need.

Original review: June 15, 2021

We bought the bed only 2 years ago and it's already too soft. I don't feel like the life of the mattress is as good as other brands. Luckily we got it on a good deal so it hurts less having to go buy another new bed so soon.

Original review: June 14, 2021

Really like the time the sales associate spent with us finding an appropriate mattress and answering all of our questions. The whole experience from demonstration through delivery and first night's sleep was great.

Original review: June 13, 2021

The mattress is bed comfortable. It definitely helps with my back pains. I’m able to get a good night's rest and be energized when I wake up. I would definitely recommend this bed to anyone who loves being comfortable.

Original review: June 11, 2021

Serta really needs better quality control. I received two mattresses that had the same issues. The mattresses are comfortable until they're not which is happens in about five to six weeks after your first night.

Original review: March 9, 2021

I purchased a Serta Pinedale Firm mattress on December 4, 2020. When the mattress was delivered I noticed that it didn't lie flat on the bed frame, it looked wopsided! I called the store and I was told that it was like that because it was turned on the side during transport. This has got to be the most horrible mattress that I have ever seen! I have woken up two different mornings in so much pain in my back that I can't hardly walk. The mattress has an indention where my hips were lying. I am so disappointed in this mattress. I bought it because I always thought that a Serta was a good brand. This mattress is horrible!! I will never buy another Serta!

Serta Mattress Company Information