Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Sleep Number

3.9/5 (198 ratings)
Find a Mattress Brands partner

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2022

Shop Now

About Sleep Number

At Sleep Number, our mission is to improve lives by individualizing sleep experiences. We are here to help you sleep better with a collection of adjustable beds, mattresses, comforters, bedding sets, pillows and more. We invite you to discover what millions have already experienced - a truly individualized sleep experience for your coziest, most personalized sleep ever. Come talk to our sleep specialists in one of more than 425 mattress stores near you and find the best sleep solution with our Sleep Number beds, comfortable pillows and more. For more information & to make purchases online or over the phone, visit www.sleepnumber.com or give us a call! Know better sleep with Sleep Number.

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2022

Shop Now

Select Comfort - Sleep Number Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Comfort - Sleep Number?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Comfort?

Original review: Nov. 25, 2022

For anyone who has ever wondered what a amazing night's sleep can be like, needs to go into a Sleep Number store and try out one of their many amazing sleep number beds. You will be amazing how this experience will end up. They do not pressure you with ANY one of the many fantastic beds you will lay on. This bed and customer service sells itself! I have my first bed I purchased like 27 years ago, which I still own and have never encountered an issue with, and my second bed is the i7 360 sleep number bed which I will have and is warranted that will take my husband and myself well into our 90's.

This company and customer service is unlike any company I have ever encountered! They are friendly, professional and simply amazing! I highly recommend anyone to try out a sleep number bed store and will quarantee you will walk out of their store owning one of these amazing beds! A very happy customer and owner of 2 king size sleep number beds in South Lyon, Michigan!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

We had an incident with our mattress and total protect mattress cover. I called the 800-4720-7185 number and was placed on hold, then transferred, then placed on hold, and then after over 15 minutes was disconnected. I decided to do an online chat (November 15th), and was able to chat with William who did a great job and he ordered our replacement parts. Once they arrived (November 18th). I did another chat to schedule delivery since the calling last time wasn't ideal. I was connected and then disconnected again!

Let me say, at this point was extremely frustrated with the whole process, not to mention the frustration that I have with the fact I had to file this claim in the first place. Regardless, I was then connected to Maryan at 10:32, Nov18. Wow! She was great. She checked up on my account, listened, responded, and took care of the remaining issues. This replacement order process has not been 5 stars at all... but her response was definitely worth a 5 star+. Thank you Maryan.

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2022

I love my new Sleep Number Bed! I have used a sleep number bed for many years and love it. The ordering experience was the best! I received several emails and texts confirming the delivery before the delivery date with a 3-hour delivery window. The driver called me that morning with a closer delivery time. When they had a truck issue they called again, very apologetic, to explain they might be a little later, but still got here in the 3-hour delivery time.

The delivery techs Mathew and Gabriel were GREAT! They were very friendly, kind, knowledgeable, presentable, and professional. They put the bed together, set it up and explained how it worked clearly and slowly. You could tell it was something they had rehearsed many times. They acted like they really enjoyed their jobs, and each other's friendship. I cannot say enough good things about this delivery team! It is absolutely the best delivery experience I have ever had!! (And no, I do not know them or have ever met them before the delivery). My first night sleeping on the bed was great and I am looking forward to many, many good years sleeping on my Sleep Number Bed!

Original review: March 4, 2022

At the request of a family member, I recently began researching a Sleep Number bed for her Mom because they were SO impressed with my Sleep Number 5000 bed that I purchased in 2008. Due to some logistics challenges, ensuring we purchased the most suitable bed, and then coordinating delivery dates, it made for a rather lengthy sales process. But our Sleep Professional at the Owings Mills, Maryland location was extremely patient throughout; all while not neglecting other customers. Just like my outstanding experience when I purchased my bed in 2008 in Norfolk, Virginia, I was very pleased that 14 years later my family was able to have this same professional experience and will be enjoying an AMAZINGLY restful sleep on a new C2 360 Smart Bed!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2022

In store was a great experience but The cancellation process was an absolute nightmare and I understand your company doesn’t want people to cancel when you want to talk them into things but to purposely make it a slow and painful process is actually going to drive someone further away from your company. There should be a direct line that someone at the store can call or a direct line a customer after waiting on hold for hours after already talking to someone in queue for 20 minutes should be able to call. I have dealt with many companies in my years of business in this ranks is some of the worst along with AOL and Comcast for canceling anything. I called the new customer sign up and got through within seconds but then was told there is no direct line for canceling so it’s obviously planned that way. 2 days in a row over one hour waiting periods to cancel. I get a callback which was fine but then I was put on hold again for almost 2 hours.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We glad our store team was able to assist you, and we apologize for your customer experience during the return process as it's not what we want you to expect. We've made sure to pass your valuable feedback on to our phone team for training and review purposes.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

We loved the bed and all of its bells and whistles. We bought it! We were so impressed that we bought the bed, the mattress pad, the sheets and 2 pillows. The associate that helped us was very knowledgeable and explained everything to us and was very patient to answer all of our questions! We were most impressed with her.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

This review is regarding the Sleep Number C4 bed and not the install experience. TL;DR - we got a sleep number C4 mattress. It cost a small fortune, but doesn't offer great features or build quality for the price. That plus the obscene fees sleep number charges its customers makes this purchase feel like a GIGANTIC MISTAKE. A lot of folks call SN a glorified air mattress and you know what? They're not wrong. We paid $1,600 for this bed + $250 in delivery fees + CA state taxes. That's a LOT of money! What we got in exchange for this price is a product that feels flimsy and barebones. The quality seems fine and it's more comfortable than the Leesa Legend we're replacing (more on that below)--the issue is that this is the price of a luxury bed and what we got in exchange is something that feels cheap and low quality.

There is a good chance I will return this bed, but SN charges a $250 return fee during their so called "100 night trial" (!!!), which is obscene--the bed is so light I could lift it up over my head with one hand if it weren't, an unwieldy queen size mattress. A trial period should not involve delivery and return fees. This is a standard practice at other mattress companies, just not SN. Anyway you slice it, it's greedy and insane.

Why do I feel this way? This bed is a replacement for the Leesa Legend mattress we got from Costco for $1,250. Great quality product, high quality materials, well made, owned by a B Corp, offers free returns during their 100 night trial period--the issue is that it is too soft--every morning, I would wake up feeling like I got in a fight with the mattress and the mattress won, so I bought SN, hoping that would resolve the issues I was having.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We can certainly take a closer look at your concerns and we want our owners to know we offer a 100 Night In Home Trial, rather than a risk-free trial, as there are fees associated with the initial delivery, as well as the return should our owners decide their beds aren't a fit for them. Also there are some items that are unable to be returned or exchanged. For more info just follow the link below.

sleepnumber.com/contact-us

sleepnumber.com/legal-notices/terms-conditions

Original review: Nov. 17, 2022

We bought a $6000+ bed in January 2022. Our bed has never seen more action! The air inflates and deflates all on its own, all night long. Then the base stopped working properly. When you try to call you get put on hold for hours or are asked to allow them to call you back in 1-3 hours. That's for the mattress. Oh, when they finally take you off of hold, you hear a baby screaming in the background, you say "hello, hello, hello" and then you get cut off. The base - you are on your own to try to coordinate service through a company called Legget & Plapp who made your base. Sleep Number doesn't deal with problems on the base because they contract with Legget & Plapp to make all of their bases. Again, you need to take your bed apart to find the serial number or they won't even take the call.

We bought this bed from Sleep Number not Legget & Plapp!!!!! It has been two weeks since the technicians came and told us we needed a new pump and that they would order it. There is nothing in our records indicating that they have done that. We have heard nothing since they left. The base was not addressed, BECAUSE THEY DON'T SERVICE THE BASE!!!! My husband has been sleeping sitting up for two weeks because the base is stuck in the sit position and the bed goes up and down all night long - not for the reasons one would hope. Salesman Chris in Duluth has gone above and beyond to try to get customer service to help us but even he has no pull. Our first Sleep Number lasted 30 years, this one about 9 months. If you want to consider buying a new bed - GO ELSEWHERE. Sleep Number is not worth your frustration.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We sorry this hasn't been the experience you hoped for and we apologize for the frustration it's caused. While Sleep Number holds and the limited warranty for the mattress and services it, Legget and Platt, manufactures the adjustable base and as such they hold the limited warranty for the adjustable base. We've included a phone number you can use to reach out to their phone team.

1-800-888-3078, Monday — Friday

8:00 am to 8:00 pm Eastern time

Saturday

10:00 am to 3:00 pm Eastern time

Original review: Nov. 17, 2022

Received my i8 mattress yesterday. 11-15-2022 first night sleep in 18 plus years I didn't wake up with back pain, shoulder pain or combination of both. Never going back to a traditional mattress. I've tried different styles, brands only to have the same results - unmitigated pain. Sleep Number Is My New Normal.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2022

This young man went out of his way to make us feel welcome and answered all our questions I can't say enough how much we appreciate him. I will recommend Sleep Number to all my friends and family and already have.

Select Comfort author review by Sandy Baker

Sleep Number adjustable mattresses adjust the mattress support for each sleeper. Get home delivery and setup when you shop online. Special financing is available.

• Mattress pricing: Queen-size Sleep Number mattresses start at $999 and come with free UPS shipping.

• Types of mattresses: Select from the Classic, Performance, Memory Foam and Innovation series. Available features include dual adjustability, Responsive Air technology, smart adjustability and Sleep IQ. PartnerSnore technology is available with Split King and FlexTop King mattresses.

• Trial period: Customers enjoy a 100-night sleep trial period.

• Warranty: Sleep Number guarantees its mattresses with a 25-year limited warranty.

• Additional products: Bedding, pillows, beds for kids and RV mattresses are also available.

by Sandy Baker Contributing Writer

Sandy Baker has written for ConsumerAffairs since 2021. Along with the advice and information her articles provide to consumers, she’s written several books that focus on topics such as retirement planning, bankruptcy, business finance, estate planning and personal credit health.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number Company Information