2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

Select Comfort - Sleep Number
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.22/5

At Sleep Number, our mission is to improve lives by individualizing sleep experiences. We are here to help you sleep better with a collection of adjustable beds, mattresses, comforters, bedding sets, pillows and more. We invite you to discover what millions have already experienced - a truly individualized sleep experience for your coziest, most personalized sleep ever. Come talk to our sleep specialists in one of more than 425 mattress stores near you and find the best sleep solution with our Sleep Number beds, comfortable pillows and more. For more information & to make purchases online or over the phone, visit www.sleepnumber.com or give us a call! Know better sleep with Sleep Number.

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

Select Comfort - Sleep Number Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Comfort - Sleep Number?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Comfort?

Original review: March 12, 2021

The primary reason for the 10 can be summed up in two words: Elishia (in the Spokane store) and Cheryl, (who called from customer service). Elishia responded to my email within 10 min of it being sent and has been a solid gold asset to Sleep Number for her helping with an issue with a bed and a breakdown in the chat line contact. Her customer service is beyond reproach and well above what I expected or deserved. She has gone the "Extra mile" for me and deserves recognition for her efforts. There have been numerous emails back and forth and her professionalism abounds. She is a real credit to sleep number and represents the company in most positive way.

Cheryl also deserves recognition for the way she dealt with my disability during our phone conversation. I am profoundly hearing impaired. She understood that and made a wonderful effort to speak slowly and very clearly so I had no problem understanding her. I don't know where you found these folks, but if you were smart, you would go back there and find a dozen more just like them. Employees like them are a priceless asset to any company. Thank you for your time.

Bill **

Original review: Jan. 31, 2021

I would have loved to give the delivery team a five star rating. I thought that they were professional, knowledgeable and treated my home with care. The thing that bothers me the most was that the delivery team didn’t have on shoe booties that would’ve protected my floors and carpet in my master bathroom. In the days of Covid it would have been assuring that the delivery was not tracking in dirt and germs, in to my house from every house they delivered to that day. If this is not a company policy, it should be. You’re bringing something into the most private room in their house.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Really appreciate you bringing this to our attention, Douglas. We strive to provide a great experience every step of the way, and it's clear we fell short of that goal for you. We've shared your review with our Leadership, so they can follow up with our Delivery Team.

If there's anything we can help with, please let us know.

sleepnumber.com/contact-us

Sincerely,

Online Customer Care

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

Our visit at the Sleep Number store in St Petersburg, Fl. was amazing. The sales lady helped us decide which mattress would seemingly best suit us. The delivery was perfect too. On delivery day, the team called and said they would arrive in 20 minutes. They were one minute early! They worked together so well, treated us and our home with the highest respect. The foot warmer was delivered defective. They noticed and made a phone call for a replacement. It will be delivered within two weeks and a team will be here to install it. We had to do nothing to make it happen! All taken care of it for us.

Note: we have a manufactured wood floor and it was scratched during set-up. That scratch is under the bed and cannot be seen until the time the bed is moved. We did not file a complaint. The steel frame sits directly on the floor and is strongly supported by metal pillars. Our new Sleep Number 360 Smart Bed is so comfortable. It is a wonderful upgrade. Each of us has a remote and it is very user friendly.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response
      We really appreciate you sharing your experience with us, Jean. While we're glad to hear about how well you're sleeping, and how great your interactions with our teams have been, we're sorry to hear about your floor & the defective foot warmer. If there's anything we can help with, please send us a private reply, or give us a call.

sleepnumber.com/contact-us

Sincerely,

Online Customer Care

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

I made an online purchase on 12/23 of 2020. Never even sat on a Sleep Number bed. My wife actually had questions about the bed and I called the closest store to me which is in Columbus, Ohio. I called the store and asked the female that answered the phone that if my wife and I would come down if she would explain more about the bed that we have already ordered one but have so many questions. She advised yes, come to the store and she could explain more and would be happy to answer any questions. We so traveled to store 11036 store in Columbus, Ohio and met Rachel M. As we entered she was already working with a customer, I had paperwork in my hand which had the sleep number logo on it and she must have seen that because she greeted us as "I will be right with you, thank you for be a returning customer."

Visit started great from there. As she finished up with her existing customer. She asked how she could help us. I advised her that I have called and that we were the ones that purchased a bed online and had questions. She advised, "Not a problem, let's get started over here." Put us on the p5 and showed us how the bed worked and the results we can get from the bed by finding your level. She found my wife and I level and she answered all other questions from there. Was so happy with the service and product returned to next day with my parents which also purchased a bed. Rachel M. Is a 5 star sales person in my opinion.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2020

Last night was our very first night sleeping on our sleep number mattress. My husband and I have six children all under the age of eight. Needless to say, we are rather exhausted most of the time. My husband has been having some back problems lately so we decided it was time to get a new mattress. Once we set everything up and found our individual numbers, which right now just so happens to be the same number, we got ready to settle in for the night. My husband said that he slept pretty good overall. I, on the other hand, slept pretty decent myself except for the fact that I have a four-month-old and that makes it difficult to sleep. But I would say that so far night one was a success! I very much look forward to nights two and beyond. Both my husband and I currently are at 65 and that may end up changing as time goes on.

I very much like the fact that you can adjust to your own preferences on your own side of the mattress. This is very helpful considering that we are a couple that has different sleep needs at any given time. We also purchased some sheets and a pillow/pillow protector those have not come in yet. I very much look forward to when those come in so that I can sleep even better.

Original review: April 10, 2021

The delivery was exactly on time. I received two calls before they arrived advising me of their ETA. Both people were extremely professional, courteous, respectful, and knowledgeable. The set up took no time and they answered all my questions. Everything was cleaned up and they were gone. Would definitely recommend.

Original review: April 10, 2021

Sales person (Adam) was very knowledgeable. He misrepresented the sale. He said that delivery would be free (over the phone) even with our distance from any warehouse (store). He said that he would issue a $50 coupon for the surcharge of delivery. I have NOT YET received the credit. He also indicated on the sales document that I had gotten the mattress pad at the store. NOT TRUE. Had I not called in advance to check on the mattress pad, I would never have gotten it, I had to play games with three phone numbers to settle the issue. The delivery and set up team were super!!! Professional, courteous, and efficient. ALSO was promised that Adam would contact me Friday am (4/9/21) as soon as he got into the showroom. I STILL HAVEN'T HEARD FROM HIM. I EXPECT AT LEAST AN APOLOGY FROM HIM.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We apologize for your experience and we'd like to look into this with you further to see what we can do to help. Just send us a Private Response with your order information.

Sincerely

Sleep Number Customer Care

Original review: April 10, 2021

I'm very disappointed with your customer service and delivery departments. We ordered a bed Jan. 30th. It was to be delivered in March. Didn't get it. Was rescheduled for Apr. 9th. Didn't get it. They tried to reschedule it for May. How many days do I have to take off to get my order? Was my bed ever on a delivery truck? When you mess up on your end, why do I have to pay with waiting another month for delivery?

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We apologize for your experience, and for the frustration, it's caused. We'd like to look into this with you further and see what we can do to help. Please send us a Private Response with your order information and additional details.

Sincerely

Sleep Number Customer Care

Original review: April 9, 2021

We just purchase a Sleep Number bed. We have not received it yet but can't wait. Our salesman "Bob" was extremely knowledgeable and helpful. We have already recommended this product and many of our friends have said they already have a sleep number bed and love it! There was a bit of a sticker shock, but it is an investment in our health and well being. The 0% financing definitely helped seal the deal!

Original review: April 7, 2021

If I could give a zero star review I would. Sales person failed to tell us that the size bed we wanted wouldn't be able to be delivered to our walk-up apartment (which took over a month to come BTW). Customer service? Trash. They delete reviews on their website, and block people on facebook when people give their honest review of their experience. I can't wait to see them go out of business. They overcharge for their beds and then they don't stand by their warranty. PLEASE PLEASE do yourself a favor and DO NOT BUY FROM THEM. I never write bad reviews unless a company really deserves it, and this is the case for this company. I will be reporting them to the BBB. They should not be able to do what they do to people. Please save yourself the time, money, and headache from making a purchase with them. You will thank me later!

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We're sorry you haven't had the experience, you hoped for and we've made sure to pass your feedback on to help us improve our internal delivery processes. If you ever need to reach out to us down the road just give us a call at 1-888-411-2270 (8AM-8PM CST M-F, 8:30AM-5PM CST Saturday).

Select Comfort author review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Sleep Number adjustable mattresses adjust the mattress support for each sleeper. Get home delivery and setup when you shop online. Special financing is available.

• Mattress pricing: Queen-size Sleep Number mattresses start at $999 and come with free UPS shipping.

• Types of mattresses: Select from the Classic, Performance, Memory Foam and Innovation series. Available features include dual adjustability, Responsive Air technology, smart adjustability and Sleep IQ. PartnerSnore technology is available with Split King and FlexTop King mattresses.

• Trial period: Customers enjoy a 100-night sleep trial period.

• Warranty: Sleep Number guarantees its mattresses with a 25-year limited warranty.

• Additional products: Bedding, pillows, beds for kids and RV mattresses are also available.

by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D. Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number Company Information