Sleep Number Reviews

Find a Best Mattress Brands partner
2.8(9,980)

Suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2023

Shop Now

About Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Sleep Number offers adjustable beds, smart beds, mattresses, comforters, bedding sets, pillows and more. It employs sleep specialists in more than 425 mattress stores across the country who can help you select the right sleep products for you.

Suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2023

• 1%
  • 6%
  • 49%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Comfort?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Comfort?
    Profile pic of the author.
    Customer ServiceCoverageStaff

Reviewed June 24, 2024

I bought the climate360 king split top bed. $15,000 bed. Here's a quick list of the issues since purchased and have not used this bed yet since purchase. One side of the bed would deflate and the other side of the bed would inflate overnight and so the pump was replaced due to diagnostic test failure. After replacing the pump, I'm still having deflating issues so opening ANOTHER ticket.

After replacing the pump, the thermo unit on the right side no longer passes diagnostics consistently. This might have been broken by the 2nd group of installers (repair people). Original installers said there was a defect with the cover so that got replaced. The original installers also refused to wear booties into the house or gloves so they got black handprints all over the first cover and tracked dirt throughout the home. I'm told that sleepnumber requires people to ask if they want to use booties and it's standard practice to do so with gloves.

The 2nd group of installers(repair people) said the first contractors didn't install a bunch of the wires or the cover correctly so this was redone. During the diagnostics the bed would even disconnect during that so it would halt during the diagnostics (possible control board issue) that nobody wrote down. The original installers left one of the legs at a higher height than the rest of the legs...but it was still screwed into the frame so the leg was sitting there bending the frame up for 2 weeks.

The original installers didn't install the frame correctly around the base so the 2nd group had to reinstall this. It's the bottom gray trim piece going around the base. After calling customer service for the 4th time and being escalated to some manager... She was HORRENDOUS to work with from a customer service perspective. Very dismissive and abrasive. I mentioned that customer service is not just replacing the broken parts that should have worked in the beginning, but going above and beyond by offering other financial incentive to prove that sleep number stands behind their products...either a free smaller bed in the guest room or a HUGE rebate $5000+ off of this $15k bed.

What did they offer me? Free sheets or pillows. Who buys a $15k bed and doesn't have sheets/pillows sorted out? They could have given me a $100 gift card to McDonald's and it would have been more useful. I was actually offended. My bed was such a lemon that they're replacing the entire bed. The entire experience has been awful. I still might return this bed due to this experience and get a full refund but I haven't even got to use the bed one night yet.

Pinned

We'd like to take a closer look into your bed concerns and see how we're able to help. When you have a chance just reach out to us at the link below, and our support team can look into this with you further.

Resolution In Progress
    Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed June 11, 2024

Like so many others here, our Sleep Number 360 stopped functioning correctly after about 5 months. Specifically the responsive air system. Spoke to customer service many times who did various troubleshooting techniques but nothing worked. Finally had replacement parts sent, including the box which is the brains, and also new hoses. Neither one of them solved the problem. Baselined the bed a few times and that did not work either and then I was told that it’s not good for the bed to baseline. Apparently every time you do so it loses memory because it tracks your movements and patterns. Perhaps if the bed worked as advertised, nobody would have to baseline. Crappy.

They refused to send someone out without charging me, even after all of the unsuccessful attempts on their part to solve the problem. $9000 for a bed that turned faulty after five months. Customer service is absolutely horrible. Just read their responses here and you’ll see that they are uncaring and refuse to step up and do the right thing and take responsibility. Please avoid this company.

Pinned

We're sorry this hasn't been the experience you hoped for, and we've made sure to pass your feedback on the cost of a tech fee and the limited warranty on for further review. If you have questions about the limited warranty or what is covered just follow the l inks below.

sleepnumber.com/warranty

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Verified purchase

Reviewed May 3, 2024

We paid for our Sleep Number bed April 26, 2024. We requested delivery for April 29. My wife and I took off work in anticipation of getting the bed. We received a text from them on April 27th that it would be delivered between 11 and 2 PM. We were being bombarded with messages telling us how wonderful the bed would be, hawking their reward program etc. 11AM came and went as well as 12, 1 AND 2 PM, No sleep number activity. We called our salesmen who apologized and drafted a memo "through management".

The delivery team finally made it to our new house at 5:30 PM! We normally get home from work at 4:30 so our day was wasted. It was finally delivered by contractors who had to drive 2 hours to get here. They began working, got it set up but still could not get my wife's sleep number app to work. Mine was working, we felt bad that these guys were a victim of working for sleep number so we sent them home. After cooling off, we called the wonderful sleep number customer helpless desk. They reviewed our order and apologized for the substandard service. They stated that sleep number used to give sheets and pillowcases as apology for substandard service but "probably not anymore".

We asked to be transferred to management. I work in management, and I want satisfied customers. The manager stated that sleep number does not do "appeasement" any longer. I was very disappointed to hear this. It is not appeasement but good customer relations. So that was their attitude.

1. We paid sleep number.
      2. The text regarding delivery said sleep number.
      3. The delivery team were contractors. They were 3 1/2 hours late.

4. Use this as a cautionary tale regarding sleep number delivery.

erin

So tired that time is considered free by companies and it's not.

Reviewed April 26, 2024

Sleep Number 360 bed pump quit working after 2 years. Bed deflated and is no longer operational. Spent thousands on it new from the store. "15 Year Warranty" is prorated and is worthless. Still want over $300 to replace a pump that should still be working. Company does not stand behind their products and are poor quality. Would never consider buying another one nor recommending this company to anyone. Customer service and supervisor were of NO help.

Pinned

While defects in our beds are rare, they may occur at the beginning of ownership and is why we fully cover any replacements due to defects during this period. After this is the prorated portion of our limited warranty, where we're sharing the cost of replacements, as coverage is no longer the full 100%. Our limited warranty is online and in-store for visibility. If you'd like to learn more just follow the link below.

sleepnumber.com/warranty

Reviewed April 15, 2024

I financed a bed on sale with a waived delivery fee, then decided to return because the bed was terrible. However, they didn't seem to reflect the waived fee on my Synchrony account and won't give me the money back. Now, Synchrony is refusing to give me back any of the money I paid because Sleep Number messed up the billing. Both companies are sketchy and are literally stealing money from me. Had I known this would be the case, I would've stayed far away from Sleep Number.

Pinned

For help looking into your financing concerns further we'd recommend reaching out to our financing partners, Synchrony Financial to see how they're able to help.

1-800-250-5411 8AM-10PM EST Monday - Saturday, 11AM-7:30PM on Sundays

Reviewed March 8, 2024

After 1 week, I still am unable to sleep on the bed due to very very very strong chemical smell/odor. I am told by the company the "bed forms gases for up to two weeks or longer." No idea how the gases could affect me but I'm tired of sleeping on the couch. They will do nothing for me until two weeks and mattress is thousands of dollars.

Pinned

We're sorry this hasn't been the experience you hoped for and we can certainly take a closer look into your concerns and see how we're able to help. Just reach out to us with the link below and we can see how we're able to help.

Customer ServiceCoveragePriceStaff

Reviewed Feb. 16, 2024

Purchased a California king I10 flexTop smart bed, FlexFit 2 smart base, California king upholstered headboard, 2 sets of sheets, 2 pillow protectors, mattress pad, comforter and bed skirt for a total of $13,000. The sales told us we had 100 days to try the bed and if we were not satisfied, they would refund us 100%. I asked about restocking fees and was told there are none. I was told shipping was free and our old mattress could be picked up for $45. I rejected mattress pick up. They handed us an ipad to sign as they explained things.

Upon delivery of the bed, once it was all set up, the delivery person asked if I had the brackets for the headboard. I didn't understand why I would have those, but quickly found out that the brackets to connect the headboard to the base is an additional cost and not available in the store. They have to be shipped. When I went to order said brackets, I learned the purchase I made was $1530 less. I checked my receipt and also learned I paid $249 for shipping and then saw their website also says free shipping.

I spoke to an agent at the store who said to call customer service, they do price matching. I spoke to customer service 4 times within 3 hours of receiving the bed and nothing is resolved. I haven't slept in the bed yet and I want to return it. They won't price match because it was "purchased" over 30 days ago, yet they don't charge until it's delivered. That is their policy and they won't budge.

While waiting for upper management to call, I decided to to do some extra research and found they are blocking people who leave bad reviews from leaving them, they don't honor the return policy they tell you about because the blank screen you sign on the IPad is your acknowledgment that furniture (even incomplete furniture) and adjustable bases can't be returned. I'm absolutely dissatisfied and honestly terrified this will be the most expensive bad purchase I've ever made. I'm not alone in that. Others can be found here. Please read this page before purchasing. I wish I'd found it before I bought into this nightmare. **

Pinned

We're sorry this hasn't been the experience you hoped for Heather, and we'd recommend reaching out to our customer support team to see how they're able to help.

1-888-411-2270 (8AM-4:30PM CST M-F, 10AM-2PM CST Saturday)

Customer ServiceClaims HandlingCoverageSales & Marketing

Reviewed Feb. 16, 2024

Where to begin... Well, we bought a new house and decided it was time for a new bed. Went into a Sleep Number store (Brentwood, MO) and spent the better part of an hour or more really checking out the beds, hearing all the details, trying different comfort levels, talking about price/options/etc. All the while the salesman was regularly telling us that we had "100 days risk free to try the bed, if you don't like it, we'll come take it back." We went away, with our information on file, until the closing was complete.

We then paid for half of the bed and financed the second half... Around $3000 worth. What we were NOT told is that their financing option is not financing... It's a credit card, one with an $8,000 credit limit which was taken out on our behalf, impacting our credit without our informed consent. Under Missouri Consumer Projection guidelines, this would be an "omission of material fact".

After a few weeks with it, we just really do not like the application required to adjust it, the way the entire base works really... And also we don't love the split king aspect which we were told by the salesman was unnoticeable... But was not. The mattress we received is also of a noticeably different quality than the one we tested in the store... Suggesting misrepresentation of their merchandise. We decided it wasn't for us... And to return it under the assured "100 nights risk free. It turns out, this was a blatant lie/half truth. It's important to note that the salesmen said "bed" and "whole thing" repeatedly, as well as "no risk"... Not just one slip up, but this was his actual sales pitch.

After 3 phone calls, we finally got them to at LEAST make an exception on their "you have to keep it 30 days" policy... Which, I get wanting people to give it a fair chance, but most of our issues weren't related to the comfort of the bed, but the operation of the flex fit base itself. This policy was not disclosed to us at the time of purchase, in the context of those 100 days risk free claim and would be a "risk". Under Missouri Consumer Projection guidelines, this would be an "omission of material fact". They then proceeded to inform me there would be a $249 pickup fee taken out of our refund. This fee was not disclosed to us at the time of purchase, in the context of those 100 days risk free claim and would be a "risk". Under Missouri Consumer Projection guidelines, this would be an "omission of material fact".

However, and here is the real rub out of all of it... The 100 night return only covers the mattress. It does not cover the $3,000 BASE for the mattress, which is according to their customer support a final purchase and cannot BE returned. This was not disclosed to us at the time of purchase, in the context of those 100 days risk free claim and would be a "risk". Under Missouri Consumer Projection guidelines, this would be a GLARING "omission of material fact". Using the word bed, when speaking of a purchase consisting of 2 parts (mattress and base) but only ACTUALLY meaning 1 of those parts is 100% a deception, and I would argue an intentional one, because no one "on the fence" would commit to having a $3,000 potential liability if they ended up regretting their purchase.

They will be picking up the mattress on the 28th of this month, deducting aforementioned fee, at which time we (and our attorney) will be filing a complaint with the consumer protection office of the Missouri Attorney General as well as in the civil courts for damages and legal fees. Avoid this company, save yourself the hassle we're about to have to go through, and choose whatever other mattress is down the street.

Pinned

We want all of our owners to know that we offer a 100 Night In Home Trial, rather than a risk-free trial, as there are fees associated with the initial delivery, as well as the return should our owners decide their beds aren't a fit for them, and there are some items that are unable to be returned or exchanged. You can find the details of our 100 Night In Home Trial by clicking the link below.

sleepnumber.com/legal-notices/terms-conditions

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingPrice

Reviewed Nov. 27, 2023

My husband and I purchased a Sleep Number bed frame and mattress in September 2023. After a few weeks of trying the new mattress, we were dissatisfied and didn’t experience a comfortable sleep despite reaching out to Customer Service for assistance. We decided to return the mattress within the 100 night risk free period, although we learned the $1500 base itself was non-returnable. I was advised different reasons on two occasions: one because it is too heavy to move; the second time because it’s made by a third party. My complaint is regarding the deceptive language of the use “risk free.” There is, in fact, a risk the consumer takes on when purchasing a mattress and base. The return of the mattress involved a pickup fee, and the base allegedly isn’t returnable at all.

I have issues with this because several social media posts state Sleep Number made an exception to return the base. Why is this not being offered to me? That seems discriminatory. Furthermore, when purchasing something of this cost in a store, it is difficult to know if it will be a suitable purchase; regardless of what is in writing, this is a deceptive practice and now I’m stuck with an overpriced bed frame I don’t need. I feel Sleep Number should allow me to return the base and/or offer a refund of some sort. This is seemingly a bait and switch company and the reviews I have read support my concerns. I except resolution of my issue in compensation or the ability to return the base. “Risk free” is a misleading term.

sleepnumber.com/legal-notices/terms-conditions

Verified purchase
      Customer ServicePriceStaffProcess

Reviewed Nov. 16, 2023

The base of my Sleep Number just stopped working (it won't adjust). The Sleep Number app instructed me to reset, which didn't work so it then instructed me to contact customer support... the process ended up being a 3-hour ordeal that was a total waste of time because it went nowhere.

I called Sleep Number support first and they ran remote diagnostics on the base. They said, "I'm getting an error message on the actuator on the right side of the bed." They said I needed to be transferred to their "adjustable base team" which turned out to be just a separate manufacturer. They said they'd pass on the info need by the base team and they'd take care of the issue from there. When I was connected with the manufacturer of the adjustable base, no info was passed nor was I informed of what I needed to tell them for my case; there are two actuators on the side of the bed having issues. This was not disclosed to me, so I had to start the process over of contacting Sleep Number support.

After another attempt filled with really long hold times on the phone, I finally got the info I needed and connecting again to the manufacturer of the base. As they were processing my bed issue, I was appalled to find out that I'd have to pay $90 for the replacement actuator, order a remote control for the bed (because a reset could only be done with the remote, which would be needed to complete the actuator replacement), and do the install myself.

When we purchased this bed for over $7k from Sleep Number in October. 2021, I was assured that this significant investment was backed by a 15-year warranty in case we ever had any problems. Considering the high cost, this was very important in our buying decision. The base is what really drove up the cost of this purchase and never imagined I'd have to shell out $100 to fix it after just two years of ownership.

I was so frustrated when I was told by the Sleep Number team that they only paid a pro-rated portion for the replacement part which decreased to 65% of the cost after the first year! And then 5% every year thereafter. These terms were NEVER mentioned when we purchased. Sleep Number customer support recommended that I speak with a Customer Support supervisor so they connected me. Waited on hold for 20 minutes and the call dropped. Called back again to get connected, which again was another long hold time.

When I spoke to the customer service supervisor, it was the worst part of this lengthy process. I went through the process again of explaining the issues I experiencing; he sounded like he couldn't care less and was totally disconnected. So in the end, I'm stuck with a broken bed unless I just bit the bullet and pay for the replacement part. For something we invested over $7k into, I can't believe how bad this experience has been. This is my most regrettable purchase ever.

Tip for people shopping for an adjustable bed: DON'T buy a Sleep Number! This is the WORST customer service experience I've ever had. Considering the price Sleep Number beds and all the other alternatives available, I recommend going with another brand. A bed is supposed to last for years! Quality and customer service, especially for such high-cost product, are so critical! The bed was great when it worked, but considering the experience I've just had, this has turned out to be one of my most regrettable purchases.

Pinned

We're sorry this hasn't been the experience you hoped for, Allan, and we've made sure to pass your feedback on for training and review purposes. While we offer a limited warranty, it's not a fully guaranteed warranty. If you have questions about the limited warranty and how the coverage works, we've included a link below for more information.

Select Comfort author review by Sandy Baker

Sleep Number adjustable mattresses adjust the mattress support for each sleeper. Get home delivery and setup when you shop online. Special financing is available.

• Mattress pricing: Queen-size Sleep Number mattresses start at $999 and come with free UPS shipping.

• Types of mattresses: Select from the Classic, Performance, Memory Foam and Innovation series. Available features include dual adjustability, Responsive Air technology, smart adjustability and Sleep IQ. PartnerSnore technology is available with Split King and FlexTop King mattresses.

• Trial period: Customers enjoy a 100-night sleep trial period.

• Warranty: Sleep Number guarantees its mattresses with a 25-year limited warranty.

• Additional products: Bedding, pillows, beds for kids and RV mattresses are also available.

by Sandy Baker Contributing Writer

Sandy Baker has written for ConsumerAffairs since 2021. Along with the advice and information her articles provide to consumers, she’s written several books that focus on topics such as retirement planning, bankruptcy, business finance, estate planning and personal credit health.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number Company Information