Seigerman's Furniture

Farmingdale, NY

Compare Furniture Stores

Research top Furniture Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

To me it's unreal how "friendly" the salespeople are. Make their sale, then they could care less about you when something goes wrong - "Speak to customer service", they say. I'm a very patient person and give many chances, but the customer service for Siegerman's is pathetic! I've been waiting for a replacement piece for 8 weeks, going on 9, which was promised to me three weeks ago! I continue to get in touch with the customer "care" person (I'll withhold her name), only to be ignored. I've had enough! How do these people keep their jobs?! I'd be fired on the spot if I ignored my clients. Please stay away from this store. Buy your furniture elsewhere and maybe pay a few extra dollars. The trouble is just not worth it. Pathetic!

Purchased very expensive bedroom set. Was told worst case scenario 6 weeks for delivery. It is now going on 11 weeks and we've been told 2 more weeks. Not one courtesy call from them. Every time I call for an update, I get double-speak about manufacturers, central shipping sites, etc and my "salesman" being with a customer and can't come to the phone. When I finally get him to pick up the phone he's incredulous as to why I'm angry! Then I get asked the question that baffles me, "Sir, what would you like me to do?" How about some honesty!

We purchased a 3 piece living room set back in the beginning of June 2010. It came about 4 weeks later. When we got in the house, the set looked and felt different from the one we saw in the showroom. When we sat on it, the couch in one area sunk to the back, like you were sitting in a hole and the chair tilted to the right side.

After calling customer service and a service man was sent out, he decided it was just the pillows and he would order us new ones. It took 6 weeks to receive these pillows and as far as the chair, it was taken back and fixed. Well the pillows didn't help so we are now sitting on the couch with a board under the pillows that were replaced. We are very disappointed in our purchase and will never buy from Seigermans again and will never recommend your company to anyone.

Very disgusted customers. John and Joan.

I purchased a sofa and loveseat from Seigerman's after sitting on the floor model. The seat cushions and back cushions were filled with a blend of down surrounding foam. When the sofa and loveseat were delivered 9 weeks later, the seat cushions and back cushions were filled with a very hard foam - no down at all. I cannot sit for any length of time on the sofa and loveseat. They are extremely hard. I paid $3,383.28 for both pieces and cannot use them for more than a few minutes. The products I ordered were not the products I received.

Purchases a love seat and a couch in March of 2002, recieved in July of 2002 (waited for almost 9 weeks, promised it would arrive in 6). When they arrived the corners were rubbed off and there was stuffing coming out of the seams. We never really used the couch, because it was just the two of us, so we only sat on the love seat and used the couch maybe a total of 10 times for the past year, then we moved and had to get rid of the love seat and keep the couch due to space and the need of seating. It is now November of 2003 (a little over a year since getting the furniture) and the recliner has broken on the left side. The whole support just snapped underneath. The whole couch slopes forward. Severely disappointed, not even used for 4 months and its broken. We payed 2400 for both pieces and wanted to make it a long term purchase. This purchase has been just bad.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Seigerman's Furniture?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

In September of 2000 my mom purchased a living room & dining room set. Aside from coming 3 months late (after numerous unreturned phone calls) not all the pieces were delivered. Once finally receiving the final piece (nearly 2 months past the date it was promised) another piece of furniture was discovered to be damaged! It is now Sept 2001 & after 2 useless service calls to the house & 5 months of phone tag and empty promises we still do not have the repaired piece of furniture! On a weekly basis I call to get a new date of delivery and like clockwork I am given one...but needless to say they never follow through.

Seigerman's Furniture Company Profile