1.12/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

New York, NY

Looking for a good furniture store?

546 Raymour & Flanigan Furniture Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

Very disappointed in this company. Actually I am shocked. Purchased a leather sectional. Total amount paid $3805.94. Ok on the day of delivery which was 7/15/2019 the delivery guy broke the rim to entrance of my glass sliding door then they delivered 2 damaged pieces. One had a big gash all the way down to the grain of the leather. The other part of the sofa had 2 indents on it. After countless amount of phone calls they said they would send out a contractor to fix the door. As of date my door is still broken. The damaged pieces they finally delivered it. Guess what? The part they gave me was also damaged and looked worn and had a rip in the leather.

Today I get a call telling me that the part is no longer in stock and I can keep this one for 150.00 off for pick out a new sectional. Really. Well I think I'll see you in court. This is ridiculous. 4000 spent and all I got was a broken glass sliding door and damaged pieces of sofa. I am going to take Raymour & Flanigan to small claim court. You have a hell of a nerve. The worse 4000.000 ever spent ruined my life.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

I will just mention one episode in a series of miserable interactions with this seemingly upscale firm. I bought an expensive mattress which did not fit my needs. When I tried to exchange it I was told, correctly as it turned out, that I had waived my right to a waiver by initialing a statement after the purchase. No one had warned me. My recommendation is that if you must shop there you should bring your lawyer. Daniel Kahneman, author of "Thinking Fast and Slow"

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

We purchased outside furniture from Raymour & Flanigan over 4000 dollars. When we unwrapped the cocktail table there were 3 white water spots. We contacted them right away and because we didn’t purchase the protection plan they wanted nothing to do with us. They stated it was from placing something hot on it. We never even used it. They have all the answers once they find out u didn’t purchase the plan. It wouldn’t have helped anyway since they said it wasn’t a defect. The delivery guys also shook us down for another 20 on their tip. Terrible customer and nasty people. No worries bad news travels fast.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

On 7/24/19 I ordered a bedroom set at the store that was delivered on 7/30/19. I also ordered a queen size mattress with Freestyle Adjustable Base. When this was assembled the bed is almost 3 ft. from the ground. I am 69 years old and am not capable of climbing in and out of this bed. On Raymour and Flanigan's own site there is a question asking "Can this product be used with a storage bed and if so, will it adjust to fit any queen size bed? Carole ** on Nov 29, 2016 BEST ANSWER: "The Freestyle Queen Adjustable Base would not work with a storage bed. It will accommodate most queen size beds. For assistance on specific choices, please contact Online Sales at 866-383-4484, option 3." The above quotation was copied from Raymour and Flanigan's site which is proof that the salesman and store should have known not to sell this bed with this adjustable frame. I would have changed the bed and headboard so I could use the bed.

I called the 800 number that they gave and was told they could not do anything but to call the store and see if they can. Also told once I sign on the dotted line there is nothing they can do. The store refused to exchange the bed or offer any acceptable solution. This bed should not have been sold with this adjustable base. STAY AWAY FROM THIS STORE!!!!

Original review: July 30, 2019

I received a new dresser with a chunk of wood chipped out of the front. The dresser is black so the chipped off wood is extremely visible. I contacted Katie at Raymour and Flanigan and was told a technician would contact me with a window of time that they would arrive to come fix it. All 3 times I had the appointment scheduled no one contacted me, they just showed up at the house unexpected. Katie claims I was called but I was not. I asked if they could simply discount the item since I have had no resolution. She said she would not discount it and that it was my fault I didn't reach out to her to find out when the technician would be coming. So disappointed with the awful customer service!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Raymour & Flanigan Furniture?

Original review: July 24, 2019

My husband and I went to Raymour and Flanigan Latham NY on Memorial Day weekend 2019 to shop for patio and sunroom furniture as we were building a deck and sunroom. We picked out sunroom furniture, patio dining and chat set with fire pit. We also purchased the premium protection plan. Total order $7,200. Salesman stated a deposit would hold the furniture until our construction was completed. We would just need to call and set up delivery.

A couple of weeks later we received a call that we needed to come in and pay for the sunroom furniture as it was discontinued. We went down and paid $1,700 paying it in full. The following week we were notified that the furniture was damaged. We left the payment on our account to be applied to the deck furniture. Our deck was completed and we called to set up delivery of our dining and chat set as we were having a bbq at our home for 40 people. We were then told that they had less than half of our order in stock!!! We were left without any furniture at all and it was very difficult to find replacement furnishings as by July a lot of places are sold out. Never received a phone call from Tim ** our salesman, no apology nothing!! To make matters worse we were told we had to wait 5-7 business days for our refund!! Will never do business with this store ever again. They never held the furniture.

Original review: June 20, 2019

My name is Vinay **. On Friends & Family day April 26th 2019 sale I purchased 4 Bedroom set and sofa worth over $10,000 from Raymour & Flanigan Furniture along with platinum protection plan from 1471 US Route 1 South, North Brunswick Township, NJ 08902. Customer Code: **. Ticket Number: **. Around May 7th I received all of my furniture. While looking, I notice below issues and also notify delivery man that two of my bedroom furniture have following issues:

1) Somerset Furniture night stand bottom drawer wood is swallow (SKU – 515007195).
      2) Queen Book case SKU-500422150 – Over heads light never turnoff (Part number TD101 – E493940).

3) Nightstand – SKU-515422157 – Missing Phone charging station.

Deliveryman notify his supervisor and he told me someone from Raymour and fix all this issue and he left. Since it was not promising, I called store and they said same thing that, "Someone will call you and schedule an appointment." Finally, after 10 days a guy came. He took pictures of Somerset Furniture night stand, bottom drawer wood is swallow and looked at other two issues. He made a report and said, "Someone will call you for replacement."

Since then no one has even bother to call. In fact I am calling every week too and I am hearing same story that "parts are here" and it is under inspection. Once of the customer service representative told me some time it takes over six months to get the parts from supplier. So, I told them, "Do you even realized that I got this furniture like this? It’s not my fault. Why can’t you replace? Why do I have to suffer?" She said, "We don’t offer replacement." After several attempt finally I called store two days ago 06/16 and lady who spoke to me said, "Someone will call you for sure and your issues will be resolved soon." It’s been over two days and I am still waiting for the call. I must say I have seen bad customer service but this is worst. It feels like once furniture is at customer’s home that’s it. They don’t care and I feel being cheated. This is not acceptable to me and I am also reporting these issues with BBB and NJ Consumer Affairs Division.

Original review: June 6, 2019

After 2 years, my $500 recliner's left arm/side just collapsed. I immediately called support as I bought the extended warranty. This what I was forced to write to them after the apology tour began...all apologies - ZERO ACTION. "It has been 48 hrs since your tech was here... 48 hrs since your last promise that your Management was reviewing a resolution. How many more 48 hours do you need??!! Don't bother with anymore useless apologies. Resolution is all I need." Update: So you try to call 2x today? No message? Why, because there's no action plan, no resolution?

Original review: June 6, 2019

In 2015, we purchased a dining room table and six chairs. During our visit, we were told that the Platinum Plan was superior. My husband and I were skeptical and the salesperson explained that if anything happens, water damage, spilled paint, even scratches were covered. Going as far as to say that there’s nothing they can’t and won’t repair or replace. So, we bought the coverage.

After only a month or so, my young daughter spilled some water and either didn’t realize it or failed to tell us and over the course of maybe an hour...it was discovered and I used paper towels to wipe it up. I felt a huge bubbled up spot. I was devastated and surprised because a well made table should not have bubbled like that. I called RF and was told that because I was late on my payment that I couldn’t file a claim. I certainly agree with that and the rep told me that I had until February of 2020 to make the claim.

Let me just say, my husband suffered a broken ankle on the job and suffered a loss at work for 8 weeks, so I fell behind a bit in my bills. It also didn’t help that he suffered a heart attack in the same year and so, I remained late on many of our obligations. I chatted a couple times with a Platinum Plan Rep on the RF website and each time, they’d tell me the same thing, that as soon as I got caught up I could make a claim and reiterated my February of 2020 deadline. I finally paid the furniture off. Made a claim. First, they did not call the correct cell number to set up appointment so the tech showed up today, unannounced. Spent maybe 2 minutes, and took a pic or two and said someone would call me with my options.

Not long after, I received a call (this time on the correct phone number) and message from Shawna who said that they will not cover the table due to it being what the tech says is accumulated overtime water damage. I called back to disagree and spoke with Linda. She said that when the tech gives them the pics, they’ll call me back. So, they haven’t even seen the pics and made a determination of coverage? This table was waaaay too expensive to have incurred such terrible damage in a short period of an hour. Also, the veneer is peeling at the edges of where the leaf is and we don’t take the leaf in and out, at all.

So, yes, the description was pretty when the plan was being pushed on us. Now that they have our money, the plan is pretty ugly. If you read the layout of what their plan covers, it covers my issue. I intend to take my voice to social media and forewarn the potential RF customers to think twice before purchasing the Platinum Plan. I will also be contacting an attorney.

Original review: June 1, 2019

I have been a customer for R&F for over 7 years and spent thousands of dollars there. We got a sectional for 2000$, and got Platinum protection plan, which of course promised “everything covered no matter what with one time replacement”. Well of course it’s not the case. I scheduled a service for stains and they refused to come to clean or replace the item as stains were too many to clean. Well it’s not mentioned anywhere in the policies and the manager told me customers have to fulfill their responsibility to protect furniture for policy to stay active. What a crook they are?? They just lost a customer for sure.... Besides that the sectional is extremely poor quality. Manager did not have any answers to my questions, canceled the appointment without letting us know till the day of the appointment when I called to find out everything above. Shame, shame, shame....

Raymour & Flanigan Furniture expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Selections for dining rooms, home offices, and kids’ bedrooms, plus mattresses, home décor and rugs. Family owned and operated for more than 60 years.

• Delivery: Guaranteed 3-day delivery.

• Warranty: Mattress, furniture and Platinum coverage plans available.

• Returns: Items that are available only online are eligible for returns for no charge.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs