2. Homeowners

New York, NY

3.5/5 (245 ratings)

About Raymour & Flanigan Furniture

Raymour & Flanigan Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Raymour & Flanigan Furniture?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Raymour & Flanigan Furniture?

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

Thank you, Kelly **, from Raymour & Flanigan for hooking us up with our new adjustable bed! Split queen, dual controls. Woohoo! We'll need to get used to the settings, but this morning I had perfect lounging until 10:30! Excellent service, amazing price, next day delivery. The delivery team was awesome, too! I took this photo in the store (as nobody wants to see the Baumgardens laying in bed! Haha!). Kelly's email is **. Kelly will not push you into anything you don't want. A refreshing shopping experience! See what she can do for you!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

I had the worst time with ordering online. Waited over four months and they delivered only half my order, never told me anything. Found out I’d half to wait another month and a half for the rest of my order. I went to the store in West Springfield MA and Omar and Mike were very kind and understanding and gave me an even nicer sectional and are talking the other half order out free of charge. They went above and beyond to help me. They turned an awful situation into a happy one!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

Price is good and the salespersons are not forcing you to buy anything you don’t want. The information is clear. The quality is good. We purchased bed sets and dining table set. They are good value. Note that we purchased from their outlet not the normal store. The delivery is professional and quick. They put the bed set together quickly.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2020

I love the merchandise in Raymour and Flanigan. Nicely pricely. I bought several things from Raymour and Flanigan. I bought 2 beautiful Crystal Mount Ceiling Lights and they are so pretty. I also bought 2 nightstands that are very nice, and the prices are good. They have a great selection for your home needs. The people that work in the store are very very nice, which is a good experience. I would definitely recommend this store. I received this email today 11/11 and now it says the contest was over 10/31?

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

I got a sofa and accent chair. The quality is great. I got a great deal. From 1,150 I got them on sale for 850. I was able to get a insurance for the fabric and they deliver for free (before Covid-19) in two days. The delivery was a success (they deliver like it was their own house). Customer service at the store was great. Very helpful to get what we need it, but not suffocating. They gave us space to look everything and decide, but close enough for our questions. We recommend it to our families and friends now.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

We had a balance on a promotional zero balance furniture payment of about $1,000 when we made a second purchase with a new zero balance promotional plan. We were told at the store that it would all be combined into the same account. We signed up for mail-free statements and automatic payments (unfortunately meaning we were not seeing statement in the mail every month). What they didn't tell us was that the two purchases were combined under one account but they remained as separate line items with different financing terms.

My monthly payments were then divided up by them with a disproportionate amount of the payment going to the purchase with three year terms and the smaller or minimum amount being applied to the one year term. Suddenly, an additional $600 in interest posted to the account and when I called it was revealed that the expiration of the promotional terms for the smaller load had expired and there was nothing they could do about it. WHATEVER YOU DO - DO NOT FINANCE THROUGH RAYMOUR & FLANIGAN AND TD BANK. I found their practices to be unethical, misleading and deceitful.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

We bought a $3000 couch 4 years ago. It was delivered broken, then the motor stopped working and couch leg would not go down. Leather pells. They replaced motor but now the leg is not going down again and they will not fix it because they say the motor is no longer made. So I have a 4 year old couch that does not connect, the leg stays up and can't make it go down and leather is peeling everywhere. I complained to the company and no offer to repair, replace or refund. They do not stand by their product. Never buy Bellanest or shop at Raymour & Flanigan.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

I am not sure what is worse, the quality of the furniture or the platinum plan. I have spent over 40k on furniture from this company. Almost all of the furniture I have purchased have had problems from the day of delivery. The dresser in my son's room was defective upon delivery, the soft close drawers were slamming shut & off track. I took off of work five times to have the drawer fixed. The first four times the technician came he looked at the drawer before finally fixing it. My bedroom set was Assembled wrong Which caused screws to split the wood and pop out of my headboard. A service technician applied some type of putty (that didn’t match at all) on top of the screws that the screws. Eventually the screws came right through.

The Couch I purchased has sunk in & the coating is peeling off. Once again a technician has come & did nothing. Last week I went to R&F to schedule a repair once again. While I was there I put a deposit on furniture for my summer home. In the meantime a technician once again came & they said they were unable to do anything nor fix or replace my bedroom set and couch. Needless to say I requested my deposit back & will never purchase anything from this company.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

BED BUGS BEWARE. Several weeks ago, I reached out to Raymour & Flanigan Secaucus store and was connected to Director of communications regarding new furniture living room/bedroom purchase issue. I spoke with the director about what I experienced every time I sat on my new sofa. My skin would get itchy raised skin and welts in a matter of seconds. I thought it was the fabric of my new couch, however, I recently realized it was something more sinister.

This morning when I woke up I noticed 3 raised itchy irritated marks on my outer thigh. I remember reading about Bedbugs bites years ago and it suddenly dawned on me that I might have a bedbug infestation. I believe for sure it came from the new furniture I purchased from Raymour & Flanigan from the Secaucus store because I did not have this problem the 4 years I have been residing at my present address.

I immediately called a professional Bed bug exterminator today on Labor day. The owner of the company picked up the phone and asked me to send him a pic. The owner did in fact verified I had bed bugs bites on my leg. The owner then immediately sent out a licensed technician and treated my furniture/bedding essentially whole apartment. I am so distraught. Imagine giving away your old furniture from Raymour & Flanigan a company I trusted and then purchasing new furniture totaling $10,000, only to find out this furniture came with bedbugs which in turn caused me health issues along with another thousand dollars in exterminating fee. I am not rich.

As I went on Raymour & Flanigan Facebook and realized I am not the only customer who had this issue. Apparently, whatever warehouse they are using have bedbugs and need to be rectified. I am heavily considering taking this to social media and other outlets. Please be very careful if you buy from them. Btw, I am a very honest person. I would never write a review like this not unless I believed that bedbugs were in the recliners they brought to me.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

We went to the store on the advice of a relative. We met with Raymond. He took his time and I am very pleased with his professionalism. He showed us various mattresses and frames. He introduced us to the temperature regulating mattress protector, best thing ever! I don’t wake up drenched anymore. Purchased a queen Sealy mattress, and motorized frame, bed. They took the bed back because it was missing parts, and gave me a gift card for my inconvenience. The workers scratched my wall, they compensated me for that as well. My new bed will be arriving today. I am very pleased with the service overall.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

The salesman persuaded us to purchase an adjustable bed that we unsure of and led us to believe that we would have 45 days to return it. Well, the bed is terrible. We are still taking turns in our guest bedroom because the mattress is so much better (given to us). Then, we found out after about a month, that the adjustable frame is NEVER returnable, just the mattress. Turns out the mattress is defective. We demanded someone come to look at it because, for 2k, no one should get out of bed in pain. They came and after just a month, the bed is already sagging - only just by one inch, not an inch and a half which is what it needs to be for them to exchange it!

THEN when we thought it could not get worse, we got our first bill from TD bank (who knew that is who they did financing through, not us) - only, it was the 2nd bill, so it had a late fee. After many calls, they eventually took this off. They never sent the first bill. Now, that we have access to the TD Bank RF online site- there is no option to increase an auto pay. Of course, many people finance because they offer deferred interest. If you pay only the minimum, you will not get this. I will never buy anything from them again and I will certainly avoid TD Bank like the plague.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

My wife and I bought a mattress ($3000) and they gave us a hard time with returning it. After a 15 minute conversation and with a nasty attitude they let us exchange it. Now we have a similar problem and now it's HELL. Will not take it back plus if you want them to take it you have to pay a 20% restocking fee ($600) NEVER PURCHASE A MATTRESS FROM HERE!!! Go to Mattress Firm (you can return mattress as many times within 120 days) or your other neighborhood retailer. This is 100% the truth. We bought this at the Poughkeepsie NY store.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

Brought a rocket recliner from Raymour & Flanigan 4 years ago. Every year had to call them to fix broken parts on recliner, after 4 time trying to repair told me the chair was unable to be fix and I would get a new chair. They first told me chair was a special order and would take a few weeks to receive chair. After 5 weeks of waiting for chair it comes today but when they deliver chair they told me they had to take back old chair. I threw chair out weeks ago because they told me chair was not able to be fixed. No one told me that I had to keep chair. Talked to supervisor on phone and he told me no one told me to throw out chair and they couldn’t deliver the new SPECIAL ORDER CHAIR without the old chair. The chair wasn’t delivered and is now back on truck to store.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

We purchased a couch, oversized chair and Ottoman. And we spend a lot of money. We also waited over 5 weeks for the furniture to be delivered - do not believe what they tell you in terms of delivery. When the furniture was delivered we noticed that the three of the back cushions were misshaped. I was told by one of the delivery guys that this was normal and they would "fall" into place. My first mistake was believing them! Of course they never did! Fast forward to less than 6 months and we have ripped, old looking furniture with back cushions that were never right from day 1! Why is this store still in business ripping people off with such low quality furniture?

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I recently purchase a brand new bed from Raymour & Flanigan and it was infested with bed bugs. I have never had bed bugs in my home my entire life and seeing them on that new bed was the first time I had ever even seen one. I have made several calls and spoken to several people at Corporate Headquarters and have been given the runaround and they are taking no responsibility and will make no attempt to resolve the situation. I am out of $$$ and now have to purchase a new bed. Needless to say, I will never buy furniture from Raymour & Flanigan again and I have told all of my family, friends and co-workers about them. They are dishonest crooks and very unprofessional!! Please do not purchase any furniture from them! I never will again!!! I am a very unhappy and dissatisfied customer!!!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I had these couches for almost two years. We paid for a warranty but then we moved in November of 2017! The couch charger port is broken as well as the recline! They refunded us our warranty of 300 bucks but the couches are useless!! Because they don’t have this company on the West Coast and to repair it costs more than 300 and no one mentioned this to us because we asked like every question possible. I feel like the people are sneaky there and money hungry and was trying to be as subtle and not straightforward. The couches are useless even if we try and sell it.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

My husband and I purchased the Danfield Dining room table. The table arrived on time. Delivery was seamless. However, less than 6 months of having the table the table has bubbled and cracked. They tell you they have trained and skilled workman come to your house and inspect the table. More or less they pay someone to come to your house and take a cell phone picture of the damage. Without further inspection they determine the flaws are your fault. You either deal with a dining room table that can't get wet or use your ONE TIME ONLY Platinum Insurance plan. After you use it once- the plan is null and void. Raymour lost themselves some customers. No wonder they have a less than 2 rating on BBB.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

We purchased dining room set at Raymour & Flanigan. Never ever will go to this store again. Quality is a big problem. Service is even worse. After reading reviews we decided to buy warranty. It was a waste of money. Service techs try to fix furniture with last century's techniques and technology. Please be careful when you make decisions to buy furniture. Avoid Raymour & Flanigan at all costs.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

We purchased furniture with Raymour and Flanigan in December. When we received the furniture the items were damaged and so were our hardwood floors. When it came to resolving the issues with the furniture it took R&F five out of the 6 months of the promotion to settle the issue. Getting in touch with customer service representatives and actually getting them to call me back was a full time job for 5 months. At the Suffern office I was told people would call me back by the end of day or on specific dates. Ultimately, they never called and I felt like I was on a goose chase to settle the issue. I informed TD bank early on regarding the issue we were having and they encouraged me to pay the minimum so I wouldn't incur late fees.

Now I have an interest fee charged to my account which R&F has not been any help with because the promotion ended in June. R&F has not been helpful in settling the issue and to expect us to pay 6 months' worth of fees in one month when it took them 5 months to get back to us is awful customer service. TD Bank said they just needed a call from R&F to try and resolve the issue, but no one from R&F can apparently help us. Also, there's apparently only one district customer care manager who can help us but they are not available to get back to us for another 1-2 business days. After being a loyal customer to R&F for the past few years, the customer care we received has really been disappointing, nonexistent and unsatisfactory. I can't imagine purchasing another piece of furniture from R&F again.

Original review: July 20, 2018

I bought a picture from these guys 3 weeks. ago. It fell apart falling off the wall damaging my house and fireplace. They wouldn't even entertain looking it at or at least refunding me for the picture. I now have over $1000 worth of damage to my house caused by the inferior quality of this product. I will never shop there again. Terrible customer service.

Original review: July 6, 2018

Purchased 2 recliners in 8/16, with platinum protection for 1 chair. Coating began peeling on 1, so called for service. Tech took a few photos and left, told me I’d get a call. Rec’d call today from service dept. saying nothing could be done, that the peeling was considered normal, mfg. warranty only good for 1year, and nothing service could do about the peeling. When I purchased the recliners at $1300.00 each, I was told they (Bernhardt Leather recliner) were the R & F top of the line leather. So disappointed and it looks like there’s no recourse. Apparently the complaints don’t have a negative effect on their business.

Original review: July 3, 2018

Please be careful when dealing with R&F. I am someone who financed my furniture purchase, pay above what my monthly payment is and pay on time every month. I decided to make an early payment and now have incurred a late fee and also am required to make another payment as well. Their customer service personnel didn't seem to care that I pay on time every month or care that I tried to pay them early, in fact one person went as far as hanging up the phone. This company treats their customers in a way that is just simply unacceptable. If I could I'd return everything I bought and go somewhere that would cost me 2x the amount. Not to mention the quality isn't great either. Guess their customer service falls right in line with their products.

Original review: June 23, 2018

Before you go to buy at Raymour & Flanigan you should be aware of getting bedbugs in your furniture, I bought a bed and box last year 10/3/17 and now it's infested with bedbugs. I called the store and the manager is telling me that I had someone came to my house and leave the bugs and they're not going to replace even though I have a warranty. I won't be shopping with them in the future. The manager was very rude.

Original review: June 3, 2018

Before I continue, let me say that the products from Raymour & Flanigan are amazing and great quality. BUT. I must say the customer service is not. The salesperson who came to "help" us out was rude and condescending and used "his honesty" as an excuse to cover up his discourteous behavior. He went as far to say that even if we didn't make a purchase, they're too big of a company for it to matter. Which is probably true, but not something you want to say to a customer. Moving on. Then they had the furniture delivered, and they were missing a few pieces from our furniture.

When I called back to have them deliver these pieces, they spoke as though they were the ones inconvenienced with my phone call. What was supposed to be delivered on Saturday, changed to Sunday, then to Wednesday. Anyways, like I said, the products themselves are great. But if you want five stars, I suggest you pull yourselves together, and treat your customers with respect. Thanks.

Original review: May 30, 2018

My experience with Raymour & Flanigan was horrible. I ordered furniture, they unloaded it off the truck and the cushions were ripped before they were even unwrapped. The dresser had to be replaced because nails were sticking out and the coffee table was dented in. I called to explain the issue. I never heard from them so I called back but they said there was no record of me ever calling. I did call and even reported the furniture with the guys here. How convenient. They told me they will not replace it. If they were as good as they say they should stand by their furniture. Especially when purchasing quite a few pieces. Bad for business. I can see why they only have 1 star. There are many furniture places that would stand by their furniture that I will be shopping at next time!

Original review: May 30, 2018

Bought bedroom set in December 2017. In February I noticed one side of the mattress was discolor. I called Raymour & Flanigan to informed them. I was told to sent pictures by the sales associate and they would have someone contact me. Time and time I called I was told someone would get back to me and no one ever did. Returned to the store on Route 10 where I made the purchase. The Customer Service manager tried his best to assist me in this matter. But like always I was given the runaround. Finally in April I received a call to set up an appointment with a technician. The technician did not why he was sent to my home and the appointment went downhill from there. He called Raymour & Flanigan and had the associates in the phone who made light of the situation.

Her remarks were "well am I not sleeping on the mattress." I informed her that she was on speakerphone and she was out of line. After that it was someone would you and they never did. Had to returned to Route 10 again and each and every time more excuses. I have a mattress protection plan and finally about two weeks ago I received a call from Raymour & Flanigan informing me that I should have bought a mattress pad from them and because I didn't purchase a mattress pad they are not going to anything about the mattress. Despite the fact the mattress is still covered under the manufacturer warranty. Please do not make purchases from Raymour & Flanigan. They do not stand by their products and all they care about is getting your money.

Original review: May 27, 2018

Purchased one R&F iSeries Aficionado Firm mattress in April 2014, which caused backaches. I'm a backsleeper with lumbar spine issues. Returned it for a Sealy Woolhope Queen mattress. I also purchased the Platinum Protection Plan. I returned that mattress and discussed with Showroom Mgr my previous back surgeries and that I am a backsleeper. He recommended a Serta Black Calista Queen Mattress, which caused back pain in the morning upon waking. The Platinum Protection Plan sent out a technician who said there was nothing wrong with the bed. I just ordered a new SAATVA mattress and paid for it myself. Don't deal with Raymour & Flanigan. Their mattresses are terrible and their Platinum Protection Plan is a sham.

Original review: May 25, 2018

First mattress was delivered and boxspring wood was cracked. Complete bed was sinking down on one side for three months. Didnt know it was damaged until service man came. My bed was replaced. Second bed worst than the first one. Both left and right side sink down so bad I have to sleep with pillows on the side of the bed so I don't roll out of it! Have a constant back issue because there is no support. The middle has one huge lump in it. I spent most of my night waking up and eventually sleeping in my living room and leaving my husband to fend for himself.

Serviceman denied me a new bed because it only sank 3/4 of the way!! Are you kidding me. That was with no one sleeping in it!! A bed should not sink in at all!! I called again a month later to have someone else come evaluate my bed. Waiting for them as I write this review!! Will update you if they will replace this bed for the second time. WORST MATTRESSES EVER!! Don't waste your time or your money you will regret it!! Will never shop there again... Sincerely, My back aches...

Original review: May 23, 2018

Purchased over $5000 worth of furniture- sofa, recliner, chaise, 2 end tables, 4 ft long side table, pub style kitchen table with 6 chairs. Purchased in November but asked for mid December delivery because we were painting the rooms where this furniture was being placed. No problems with delivery but within months the chairs were falling apart. I called the following December when the fabric on the sofa and recliner started to fray and split.

Customer service told me the one year warranty was up because I purchased it in November and it was one year and one month later. I told her yes I purchased in November but didn’t take delivery until December 22 which is within the one year warranty. "Oh no," she said. "Your warranty begins the day you purchased it." No amount of phone calls to management, letters etc did any good. They refused.to take any responsibility for the junk they sold us. We ended up bringing $5000 worth of furniture to the dump and purchased new furniture from a locally owned store. Would not even buy a bottle opener from this store.

Original review: May 22, 2018

Do not trust their promise to deliver on time. Do not put a full deposit until they have delivered. The change happened 3 weeks in advance. I got a call from sales person that they can deliver when I have already took a day off and reschedule things around to take delivery (Preston Queens Sleeper Sofa).

Original review: May 17, 2018

They came to deliver a new mattress to my home. The delivery men never covered their feet and they stained my new rug in two different spots. After letting them know of this a week or so later I get a call from Stanley Steamer saying they have been asked to come out and clean the carpet. We set a date and they came out. The area of where they cleaned my carpet the machine they used pulled and cut several carpet fibers that now stick straight up in the air. After countless hours and many phone calls to the service side of Raymour & Flanigan they are unwilling to replace the carpet. This carpet was less than a month old when they damaged it. Do not ever shop at this store. Horrible customer service.

Original review: May 12, 2018

I purchased a bunk bed five years ago from this store and add their protection plan. The bed was in great condition, but one of the steps from the stairs had broken off. I called Raymour and they quickly sent a technician out to assess the situation. The report that he called in, was that I needed a new ladder for this bed. Unfortunately, the bed was no longer made. The GREAT news was that they were going to have to give me a credit for the whole NEW bed!! I mean, one ladder step and I get a new bed!!!??? So, I got the credit amount of around $469 or so. Basically, the amount of the bed that I had originally purchased. Bad thing was that the new beds cost way more and I was going to have to pay the difference.

So I decided to go to the outlet in Philadelphia on Roosevelt Blvd and see if I could make my money stretch. There with a manager, I selected not another bunk bed, but two twin size beds that were within my amount to spend. Ordered the beds and they were at my house in no time to pick up my old bunk bed and replace them with the new. The protection plan was awesome and I recommend it to everyone. Great service from the manager, Robin the sales lady that I used later for addition purchases and the delivery men went over and above their job to make sure the furniture was exactly how I wanted it. Funny thing was that my screen door would not stay open for them to bring the beds in, sooo the delivery guy fixed it!!! LOL.

Original review: May 12, 2018

They claim 3 day delivery or less. I ordered in stock items on 5/9/18. Picked available dates they gave me for delivery 5/10/18 and 5/11/18. They accepted the dates and took my money. 5/10 comes and goes. No contact from them. 5/11 comes and nothing. I had to call them. I was placed on hold for 10 minutes as they tried to figure out how they screwed up. I was eventually told they could not get it to me until 5/15/18. Thanks for dropping the ball and doing nothing to correct the problem. Any 3rd party hauler could pick these items up 5/12/18 or 5/13/18 and delivery them, but I was told they did not know how to accomplish setting that up.

Original review: April 25, 2018

I placed a 1600 dollar order 4/17/18, I didn't have my wallet so my girlfriend used her debit card. We typed all her information for the billing part of it and then my address for shipping. We get a confirmation call the next day and I personally spoke to the rep who confirmed the purchase and the delivery date. A couple days later I had called back to confirm the delivery and everything was on schedule so I take the day off of work and I sit here all day for no delivery to show, no email, no phone call, nothing at all.

So I call them, mind you this is a week later from When I placed the order and the guy says to me, "Oh we put that into fraud prevention the day you ordered it." I went through the roof had I been standing in front of the little weasel. It would have been ugly, anyway. He then says, "Your going to have to verify where you say you live via fax" either send a bill that comes in my name or copy of my license etc. "No.I’m not sending you anything pee wee." So Raymour took my $1600 bucks though but we’re so concerned it was fraudulent hmmm. This company is fraudulent, for a whole week they never bothered to call, email, anything at all to inform us so we could straighten it out so my delivery would be here on time instead their lazy ** did nothing but take my cash.

So after my girlfriend verifying she authorized the charge they call me, all so apologetic and nice which had no effect on my thoughts about everyone affiliated with this unprofessional fraudulent company, to set up delivery. Now being my nonfraudulent purchase was supposed to be here yesterday you’d think they’d go out of their way to get it to me ASAP. Seems how they dropped the ball and messed everything up so bad NOPE! I now have to wait a whole mother week. They offered nothing! So STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS HORRIBLE COMPANY! I should have went to big lots where their customer service is kick ass. I’d a got what I was looking for at a much cheaper price and same quality stuff if not better. Lesson learned!

Original review: April 16, 2018

Purchased floor lamp online. Said it would be ready for pick up on Wednesday. One minute after I received email stating wouldn’t receive it until Friday which I ordered 8:30 am. When I called customer service said 3 days or less only apply if you are paying for delivery charge so I replied, "It’s all about spending the money." She replied 'yes'. They don’t care about a pick up. They only care about money. I’ve purchased many things from you guys. I’m truly disappointed. Don’t want to shop elsewhere but now I may have too...

Raymour & Flanigan Furniture Company Information