2. Homeowners

New York, NY

3.4/5 (248 ratings)

About Raymour & Flanigan Furniture

Raymour & Flanigan Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Raymour & Flanigan Furniture?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Raymour & Flanigan Furniture?

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

During a Raymour & Flanigan bedding sale, we went to look at a new mattress & box spring. The sale looked quite good. We tried out a few mattresses and wonder about bed frames. The salesman (saying salesman because it was a sales man) was very nice and easy going, no pressure sales which we really appreciated. We chose a mattress and decided to look at bed frames. We found a few, they do have a great selection, and decided on one. The salesman walked us to the counter to complete the sale and on the way he asked about our interests in the 45 day return guarantee. We said yes and he told us he would throw in the mattress pad that was required purchasing the mattress exchange program. He also told us we could get 2 years interests free account and we could pay it off monthly until it was paid in full, interests free.

In addition, with the three days free delivery advertised in their TV commercials, we thought that meant free delivery. First was the 1-year interest free, not 2 years. On the day of delivery, they require a 4 hour window and they would call to more accurately pinpoint the time, but should be around 2:30 PM. Well we work during the day so I scheduled a half-day vacation and they agreed to call and give better details on their delivery time. I did receive a call about 10ish asking if they could deliver earlier, around 11:30 AM. I agreed and left work earlier. It was delivered around 2:30 PM, a bit frustrating, but trying to be understanding as things can happen. Next, we discovered a $149 + tax delivery fee. We called and were told that was because we purchased a bed frame. So much for the TV commercial saying three days and free delivery.

Next, after about 2 weeks, we decided we wanted to exchange the box spring. The bed frame is significantly lower with higher sides that now we hit our knuckles on the bed frame every time we make the bed. When I called the first time, the manager said that the time period is 45 days and we only had it a couple of weeks, he suggested waiting until later to ensure we like the mattress and make 1 exchange if needed. Makes senses, so we waited another week and a half and we have decided the mattress is comfortable and we will keep the mattress. My wife calls and is transfer to a manager and he says, "No, it is too early to make the exchange. Give it a couple of more weeks and if you still feel the same we’ll exchange it."

Roughly, day 36 of the 45 days we called again, get a manager right away. She informs us that there is a $90 exchange delivery fee. Here it is, the TV commercial says free delivery in 3 days or less, the salesman tells us to buy the mattress exchange and he kindly throws in the mattress pad. Plus, we talked to two other managers and no one had mentioned the $90 exchange delivery fee. My last straw, really feels like we were swindled and will never go back to Raymour & Flanigan, there is no plan talk. Talk about overpromising and underdelivering, really! Now I am taking another half-day vacation, renting a U-Haul cargo van and making the delivery myself for about $38.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I purchased a mattress 2 years ago and the fabric is separating on the top of it. They won't warranty it because it is not sagging, they say it is not defective, if the fabric separating is not defective I don't know what is. I even offered for them to prorate it and they wouldn't do it. I guess after the sale they could care less about their customers. I will never do business with them again!!!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I purchased a leather sectional not even 2 weeks ago from here. The leather is already peeling off and it is getting worse. I almost spent $4000 on this couch so this is absolutely ridiculous!!!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

We purchased a sectional couch, coffee table, recliner and 5 year platinum coverage from this company 1.5 years ago. The couch and coffee table were scratched upon delivery and we used the platinum coverage to fix it. Recently the veneer on the coffee table has come off along with 2 tuft buttons on the couch. When speaking to customer service to schedule a fix, we were told that the coffee table was no longer in stock and most probably they'd have to replace it completely. We were informed that if they replace the coffee table we'd lose my platinum coverage because they needed to replace the item. We purchased 3 items from this company and spent a good amount of money. Upon purchase we believed it would last at least 5 years. What's the point of having the coverage and why spend $$$$ on furniture that is built to fall apart in a year and a half? A question we are asking ourselves. NEVER AGAIN.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

Purchased the above less than a year ago and me and my partner have noticed it sagging/sinking in the center of the mattress and we've been getting terrible back/joint pain every morning when we wake up. I contacted customer service, they sent a tech out to measure the mattress with tools. They said the mattress was fine. Meanwhile, you can see the bumps and sagging in the mattress. It wasn't like this when we first bought it. It's a defective mattress/box spring and Raymour refused to compensate us or help us. I've filed a complaint with the BBB as well. I don't trust their policy and their measurement tools, it's unbelievable. I'm having surgery next week, and I can't bear the thought of more joint pain with this mattress. We are not happy, I've spent thousands of dollars at R&F and this is ridiculous!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

SCAM!!!! I paid for the “platinum protection“. A tech has been to my home 6 times to repair a broken sofa recliner. How they repair it??? They stick a little plastic wedge under the arm of it and say “that should work”. 6 times!!!! Finally today I called once again. Spoke to Shannon and explained I paid a lot of $$ for the couch ($3300) also paid for the Platinum protection. I want the piece replaced. Shannon explains that platinum protection “was designed to save customers money on service calls. Not to replace items”. Do yourself a favor. Stay away from here!!!! It’s all a bunch of crap.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

Purchased a new table and chairs for $1,673.10 on 11/11/17 and just going to pay cash. Sales Rep said if I opened the Credit Card with 0% first year he would credit $50.00 off. Not so at 29%... WTF... Called and just received the runaround, CC company says it's the store, called the store, "It's what you signed". Account closed! You got me! My Bad... It's a shame because I like the table, quick delivery, had an issue with a chair and promptly fixed the stripped bolt. Make sure you get in writing!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

Horrible Customer Service, they do not stand by their Lifetime Service Pledge that they give you when you buy their product. They also do not stand by the Platinum Protection Plan that I purchased, and when you file a BBB complaint they lie about how they tried to rectify the issue. They also refuse to let you speak with upper management who wrote the lies in response to the BBB Complaint. Never shop here.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

We purchased a Couch and Love Seat, we took a 5 year warranty on both, after 4 years both pieces had abnormal discoloration. A technician came out and said it couldn't be repaired and agreed it didn't appear to be Normal Wear and Tear, I was then told by customer care, "Sorry!" I will Never purchase from them again!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I was scheduled to have my knee replaced on January 17, 2018. On December 26, 2017, my wife and I went to the Raymour and Flanigan store in Whitehall, PA to purchase a couch and more importantly, a power recliner that I would use during my recovery and in the future when I have the other knee replaced. (I have many steps in my house so this power recliner would also serve as my bed for at least two weeks.) We found just what we wanted but we were told that the recliner was not in stock and would be available in 3 weeks. I arranged for delivery of both the couch and the recliner on Thursday January 18, 2018. This way it would be here when I came home from the hospital on the 19th.

Thank God my surgery was postponed until 2/21. On January 17, I contacted Raymour and Flanigan to find out what time the furniture would be delivered. They did not have me scheduled for any delivery! The recliner still hasn't arrived and they have no clue when it will be there. Since I had already donated our old recliner and couch to charity, I asked if they could deliver just the couch. No, not until the 21st. So now I have a family room with no furniture for five days and have no idea when the recliner I was promised will arrive. Of course, they were happy to take my money that day and promise whatever they had to get it.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I bought a couch and loveseat set in 2014. I noticed an odd piece of wood under the center of the loveseat recently. Feeling underneath it turned out that the entire center support pulled apart from the frame. They sent a serviceman who pulled the fabric off the bottom and determined he was unable to fix it at my home. I received a call from the service supervisor who told me it could be fixed in their shop for $225! Why should I have to pay for shoddy construction after only owning the furniture for 3 years? When the fabric was removed I saw how poorly the frame and support was made in the first place. Next time I buy furniture I won't buy unless I can see some proof of how it was built, even if I have to pay more!!! I'm still trying to contact a manager and receive free repair, but I will let everyone know never to buy from this store!!!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

This review is entirely with the company. Our salesman was wonderful & most professional. So my "never going back there again" is based on the service. Our goal was to find a bed set with an adjustable frame (where the head or head/feet can rise), and we found just what we liked. Someone was to call that evening with a delivery time-frame, never did, but I called the next morning & got my own information.

The delivery went fine. Two days later, one of the adjustable frames craps out. So here goes my blood pressure when I call. When I explained to the receptionist my problem, she gives me an incorrect number the first time. When I called back I was given another number which I called where the answering machine of a 20 minute wait. This turned out to be a 70 minute wait. Yes we kept calling on other phones but that did not hurry anything.

When someone finally answers, she tells me I have to call the maker of the adjustable frame. Do you think the receptionists could have told me that? So there is no immediate fix since this is MLK weekend. So maybe the maker of product will have a better date than the one at the store which was 11 days later. (Incidentally they know I just returned my rental hospital bed) but not their problem. So I suggested to the Manager, with one day delivery, just bring a new one. ABSOLUTELY NOT! A tech has to look at the broken one first & confirm or fix. So if you have any issues that demand attention & accuracy, I'd suggest going to Bob's. This is my last trip to R&F.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

Went to Raymour and Flanigan in Jersey City, NJ. Salesperson Gisele waited on me. I was looking for a leather sectional. Found one that I like and purchased it. Gisele assured me it would come in a certain day. Next thing I know, she calls me saying it’s ready for delivery and the delivery guys are at my house. I wasn’t home, so I rush home only to find they left. She calls me back and told me they were on their way back and would arrive in 5 minutes. I call my brother and have my son and brother remove my old furniture. They put it outside for garbage night.

Time passes and I receive another call stating they are sorry to inform me that they cannot have the delivery men back out. Supervisor assured me he will take $65 dollars off and give me a $100 gift card. Neither received anything promised. Finally they come out on date they were originally supposed to, only to see they passed me off used furniture! I will never do business with them again! Please go elsewhere for your furniture!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

They had to return to fix everything we bought from. A reclining couch, a dining room table twice, a computer desk, and counter stools. They sold us a lamp that was broken on the showroom floor. Would never buy from them again. We spent over 6000 dollars on their junk.The service people came 2-3 weeks after delivery and half the time did not bring the right parts. Go to a real furniture store. Stay away from Raymour & Flanigan!!!!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

12/17/2017 Purchased at 1645 Broadhollow Rd, Farmingdale store 2 pieces of furniture total: $1833.16 12/19/2017. They delivery two pieces, one of the pieces Natuzzi lounge is completely different to the display, no label on it, darker color and poor quality, I didn't accept it. Called the store the manager said the money will be refund in 1 day, but they never refunded after 3 days passed. Checked online they give me Greccio lounge instead, not Natuzzi. 12/22/2017 called their company again, ** answered the phone every single time, she will said the manager has day off, or today told me he is on holiday and back next Tuesday. Where is my money? My refund. Can’t reach anyone. I filed with Suffolk Consumer Affair. They should investigate their products. I thought I can have a nice piece of lounge in my office for Christmas, emotionally distressed.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I purchased a sectional couch, recliner and kitchen table a few years ago from Warwick Raymour and Flanigan, and was extremely satisfied. This year I needed a couch and love seat for another room. I walked in store at 12:30 and was out at 1:00 after purchasing what I needed. The staff Bruce ** and manager, Jon ** could not have been more helpful. I highly recommend anyone looking for furniture to check out this store before they make their purchase. The best part is, we will receive our furniture in time for Christmas! Thank you Hilary **!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

Raymour & Flanigan sold us as leather living room set (sofa, love chair, ottoman, and arm chair) and we also added their 5-Year Platinum Protection Plan. We wanted something nice and it did look very nice at first. We hardly sat in it, it was more or less to be kept nice and clean. Now it looks like crap. The material is cheap, bonded leather, also called reconstituted leather or blended leather. The living room set cost over $4,500. This so called "leather" is made as a layered structure of a fiber pulp material that's made from shredded leather bits and fibers and a polyurethane coating over the top, which is embossed with a leather-like texture. Very, very thin, with a vinyl gloss to make it appear nice, but rather, it is a cheap process.

They themselves would NOT sell this to their customers, because it will deteriorate after about 5 years, guaranteed. Thing is, we didn't know and no one said anything about this not being real leather. We went to Raymour & Flanigan because we thought that they sell quality furniture and stand behind their products. Their extra 5-year-insurance plan was WORTHLESS and not honored. After several complaints, submitting photos and a negative Yelp rating the store called us and said the BEST they can do is to offer us a $100 dollar in-store coupon toward another purchase. NO THANKS!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

To friends!! Please do not waste your money at Raymour and Flanigan! I bought a couch two months ago and damaged three of our basement walls. The movers never told the company about it and no one knew till we went back to complain. Then we were told they would fix it after the new couch was delivered and a month later they told us our paperwork was “misplaced”. Now two months after this happened, tons of phone calls and emails they are finally saying they will fix the walls. THIS IS A HORRIBLE COMPANY TO WORK WITH!!! THEY DONT KEEP THEIR WORD AND HOPE THAT YOU GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY AND GO AWAY!!!

Resolution response: Dec. 2, 2017

Today I received a call from Hakem who identified himself as a manager of Raymour and Flanagan regarding my complaint. We discussed my complaint and he apologize totally for the rude behavior of the staff. Hakem expressed concern for any inconveinience that I indured, and informed me that he was ordering seats for my three chairs and also giving me a $100 gift card to. use in one of their stores. I appreciate the speedy response, and the excellent customer service that this gentleman exhibited in resolving this issue. Thank you Consumer Affairs and thank you Hakem of Raymour and Flanagan.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I purchased a Northfield 5-pc counter dining set along with the platinum protection plan in 2011. The chairs seat covers began to peel or tear. I attempted to use my protection plan to repair them, but the store gave me the run around and the end result I was told the plan did not cover the seats. I recently purchase another chair same identical style. Unfortunately it has began to peel and tear. Yesterday the repair person came out but he took pictures of all the chairs and then told me someone would get back to me regarding the protection plan.

I received a call from some woman whom identified herself as Erica. This woman blatantly argued that all my chairs were purchased in 2011 and that none of them were from the purchase this year. Implying I was lying. She is the person that is not being truthful, and in my opinion that protection plan is a total rip off. I am stuck with another protection plan that Raymour & Flanigan refuse to honor. This Erica person exhibited very poor customer service by being extremely rude until she hung the phone up in my face. I will never purchase anything else from them and nor will my family and friends.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I bought a set of three living room table. They didn't have in store so they said, "We're going to be ready for pick up in a week or so." I called them when supposed to be ready and they said to call after a week again. After another week the same story. Very unsatisfacted not professional.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

We purchased a new memory foam mattress and box for our child. In the showroom it felt very soft and comfortable. When it arrived my child couldn’t sleep on it. She cried that it was too hard. My child has ASD which means she is affected by hard surfaces, fabrics, seating, etc. So this soft mattress seemed very soft upon trial to all of us in store. But the one that arrived had no manufacturer tags or brand label on it. There was no way to tell if it was the same one we chose. The company sent out a tech to see if there was something defective with the mattress or box. He said both were as they should be, but concluded the mattress in store was probably much softer due to wear.

The service people say they called my home after that to discuss this but that there was no answer and it didn’t go into voicemail. Hard to believe because other callers had no problems with my voicemail. So they decided NOT to try our cell phones and just dropped the ball completely. I called yesterday to complain about the wait with no contact. They said they will do nothing about the mattress since I didn’t purchase a protection plan. They drop the ball and it becomes my fault. Ridiculous! Their commercials about community caring are obviously untrue. They don’t care about our community of children with ASD. I WILL NEVER SHOP THERE AGAIN.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I recently purchase 2 items from Raymour and Flannigan and I have their store credit card opened. They sent me an incorrect bill and when I called the customer service to ask about the bill, the customer service in their credit card department were so rude and unprofessional. The guy on the customer service call, his name was "ERIC", he kept on calling me by wrong name and was very very rude. He did not resolve my query and I had to go to the store to have my bill resolved. DO NOT GO THROUGH THIS STORE. They have very bad customer service and even though they promise that the customer service will help you with your inquiry after your purchase, once you have purchased their item, THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU. All they care is how much sale they can make and once you buy furniture from them, even if you have genuine issues they do not help you with anything.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

My husband and I purchased a sofa bed, loveseat and 2 recliners today. When we walked into the store we were met by a very friendly, professional and knowledgeable sales consultant, Tony **. We knew exactly what we wanted prior to going there, so the purchase was an easy one and Tony didn't try to dissuade us from looking at anything else. We asked to see what other mattresses fit into the sofa bed, and Tony took the time to show them to us. Once we discussed the items we wanted to purchase, Tony and his manager worked with us to give us reasonable discounts on the furniture and a delivery date convenient for us. We were very happy with our experience at Raymour & Flanigan and would recommend this furniture store to anyone wishing to purchase beautiful furniture and reasonable prices.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Don't buy the Platinum Protection. It is a completely rip off. More than half my furniture is from Raymour which I purchased the protection plan on most. I tried to use it for two rips on my couch and they refused to fix it because I have two dogs and a cat and said that it was pet damage when it wasn't. This couch that I purchased is the second one since the last one I purchased lit on fire. The couch has electric recline and the electrical box that supplies power to the couch lit on fire. It was not an electrical problem on our end which I had check out and Raymour had to replace couch. Now the couch has two rips and they refuse to fix it. I will never buy another piece of furniture from them.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I purchased a sofa, loveseat, chair and a mattress from Raymour & Flanigan in mid-October. Everything was in-stock and "ready for delivery" except for the chair. The chair was scheduled to come in at the end of October. Everything was paid for in full. Delivery scheduled for November 6. I called to ask if we could bump that to Nov 10 because my old furniture was being picked up Tues morning and my new rug would be arriving on Wed. On Tues I get a call about delivering my chair and mattress. I asked about the sofa and loveseat?? Response: "Oh, they have not come in yet". It seems they sold my furniture to someone else anticipating they could get them in again before my delivery date. Not only did they not arrive, but they were not sure when they would arrive. They offered to go through orders and look for orders waiting for full payment and then they would pull those pieces and give them to me!!

I told them I think it is illegal to sell what I had paid for to someone else... I could understand if they had told me they were ordering my furniture... but they said it was in stock!! The manager was unavailable, my salesman was unavailable because they were "busy with customers". I drove over and I demanded a refund and received it. I should note, there was not one customer in the store at the time. I have now heard from so many people about the questionable quality of the furniture, it is prob a far better thing -- although I now have no furniture in my living room. But I do plan to put up a BIG sign for the holidays: "Furnishings by Raymour and Flanigan".

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I entered the Raymour & Flanigan in Iselin, NJ with the intent on purchasing a sofa. After selecting a sofa, my wife & I met with the sales rep, who followed us throughout the entire store. After having to complete a buyer profile I finally received pricing. To my amazement, the best pricing is only offered to those who apply for store credit, through TD Bank. What? My cash is no longer an acceptable form of payment. When did waiting for payment become the best business model?

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I am writing this review in hopes of helping another customer. I have purchased two products from Raymour & Flanigan (bedroom and living room furniture) with multiple pieces. My complaint so far is only involving one piece the living room set! Let me say this first. I did not set out to bash and tarnish this companies reputation. As I stated my problem is with my living room furniture. I made several attempts to try and resolve the situation with the company itself, I believe every situation can be made right.

Given the price tag on their products, I felt that I would be getting good quality furniture! In addition, I purchased the 5 year protection plan for added security and thought I would be really protected now! I have called about my furniture before a year! I couldn't believe I was complaining so soon and still complaining to date. I haven't had this furniture two years! I had repairs 4 different occasions the 5th time nothing was done except photographs taken. I was informed that someone would contact me about replacing the furniture. The call was never placed so I initiated it.

I was fed what I believe to be garbage. Getting new furniture will void my protection plan even though I still have 3years and a couple months left on it. If I decide to replace it my new furniture I will only have a 1 year manufacturers warranty with it! We went back and forth about how they don't stand by their products and some are of poor quality with a stiff price tag! I was told no repairs were made to my furniture and the guys who came out deemed it normal wear and tear. Let me say this I take very good care of my stuff because I don't want to replace it so often. To place a call for repair within a couple months cannot be deemed normal wear and tear, this is poor craftsmanship! Beer furniture with a champagne price tag! I informed them that I will reach out to the Better Business Bureau and attorney general as well as here.

I was told a manager will contact me. The manager essentially regurgitated that I will lose my platinum plan, it's my only option to replace my furniture. Despite her going into the computer to see how many times and when I called in regards to the furniture. Why because it was put in that they followed up with the customer and I was satisfied even though we had no contact. Also, despite the repairs made it was put in as dissatisfied customer with normal wear and tear! So am I satisfied or dissatisfied? Dissatisfied! The end result is I should consider reselecting a piece with 1 year manufacturer warranty. There would be no partial refund on my 5 year protection plan! In other words I the consumer LOSE big! So this is how they conduct their business.

I am extremely dissatisfied at this point! Thinking back I should of never purchased this product! I can't say it's all bad. I have no complaints about my bedroom set thus far. However, I had someone who knows materials very well go through the showroom with me to help me select those pieces. In other words not all their products are good quality. My living room set was not selected the same way. Poor judgment on my part.

When I purchased their products, I went into the bank and an employee seen my recent purchase and expressed her dissatisfaction with the company as a consumer herself. I knew someone else who frowned when I told them who I was using for furniture. I have since heard other dissatisfaction. At this point I am completely dissatisfied with doing business with this company! I think a manager should of reached out to me at least after my third complaint! It baffles me how they chalk everything up to normal wear and tear. Regulations need to be set!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

Bought a brand new sofa, our first NEW one ever. Big mistake buying from R&F. 2 weeks in and creaking crunching sounds, we purchased Platinum Protection. They send guy to rebuild frame that was not built right. Now 1 year later crunching, wobbly, and ripping all apart, sagging you name it. Guy coming once again. We will see upon reading warranty. Seems it is a lot of BS to actually do nothing for customer. I wish we had known better than to shop here. Would rather have money back at this point. Couch is defective junk.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

It's over 2 weeks when my couch was picked up for repair. They promised it will only take 3 to 4 days to fix, till now my family has nothing to sit on. It really a terrible experience without a couch for over 2 weeks, especially for my children. I cant invite my friend over for my birthday. It really a worst experience with Raymour & Flanigan.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I spent $4000 on 2 large reclining sofas with platinum protection. 2nd most expensive sofa in showroom. Salesman said sagging covered. Not even 1 yr went by and the headrests and footrests were sagging. They fixed headrests but informed me they could not fix footrests. The footrests got saggier and 6 months later I called and was told platinum extended coverage would not cover saggy footrests, 4 in all. The sofas are overpriced, the cheapest quality material, don't buy from Raymour and Flanigan. They're overpriced and blotchy. Platinum does say sagging not covered. They're not for the people.They say anything to make a sale.

Raymour & Flanigan Furniture Company Information