3.54/5
Based on 1,950 ratings submitted in the last year

Looking for a good furniture store?

Pottery Barn

Looking for a good furniture store?

Pottery Barn Reviews

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

Always a great experience, even if browsing for ideas of DIY in great home décor. I've shopped in several locations and the stores are always incredibly neat, comfortable, the merchandise is presented in easy-access so, seldom is it necessary to call for assistance. Merchandise is clean, which, to me, is extremely important. The sales people always appear to be happy about their work, and are knowledgeable about just about every item in the store.

When I've asked about particular items, if the sales person isn't familiar with it, they've always been quick to apologize for any wait I might have and they're quick to find somebody who can fill me in on details. And they don't just disappear, as is frequently the case in too many other establishments these days. One thing that I appreciate most is that, thus far, I've rarely heard "Oh, you can get than on-line." They'll try to find the item in another store and have even offered to have it shipped to the store I'm shopping in! THAT's an amazing luxury and one that I appreciate tremendously!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

My mother purchased the CUTEST kids chairs for my two tots on Pottery Barn Kids. They are these cute little chairs that are just perfect for kids ages 1-6 that have a custom color cover and their names embroidered into them. Both Dakota and Trenton love theirs. My mom always shops there so I guess they must be really great LOL. I have gone online and shopped at Pottery Barn and it's a good customer experience. Yes things are pricier there than what you would pay elsewhere but you're getting quality items that stand up here, people.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

I chose these high quality, burnished leather dining chairs to pair with my new live edge table. I ordered online, was sent an arrival date, followed by a notice to schedule delivery. All went smoothly throughout the process, chairs arrived on time, were very well packaged and were set up by two very competent and courteous men. The chairs are beautiful, sturdy and comfortable. They are shown here in my dining room. The result is as good as I could have hoped for.

Original review: April 29, 2019

I ordered the Tallulah sofa in a custom upholstery. The website said it would take 10-12 weeks. I received a confirmation email directly after my purchase with a date range for when my product would arrive (April 23- May 2). 10 weeks later my credit card was billed so I knew I must be getting close. 11 weeks later I received a phone call from their delivery service to set up a coordinating date for delivery. 12 weeks later (April 27th) I received my sofa. I had no problems but I also did not have to deal with customer service at any point in the process.

The sofa itself I have had for a day so it is too soon to review. I will say that it is a performance fabric velvet and my fuzzy blanket likes to leave little fuzz balls all over it. The fabric indeed collects these fuzzy remnants and that's a bit annoying. However, I plan to buy a lint roller and obsessively roll the sofa. I would not recommend their custom velvet if you have a pet that sheds. That would be a recipe for a fur covered sofa. Hope this was helpful.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I purchased two sofas and two chairs in November 2018 from Pottery Barn in Pasadena. Mary was great! She went out of her way to accommodate me, in that she personally viewed the carpet I was intending to buy (by leaving the store) to make sure I picked the right color. She even got the the 40% discount after the sale. I knew that the furniture takes about 3 months to get delivered, so I planned accordingly. The furniture was about 1 week overdue, but the furniture was perfect and the delivery men professional. I went back and ordered two lamps that arrived 2 days later and then I placed an online order for pillows that came within a week! I plan on buying an Ottoman next!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pottery Barn?

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

I purchased a sectional sofa on Nov 13 the day before a 30% sale event was closing. Mind you I won’t receive it until mid January. It was a custom piece so no changes no returns. Leslie a store designer at the Lynnwood, WA store assisted me. The next day I called to change the color, same fabric different color, no price change. I left a message for Leslie (who made a commission) to request the change to another color. She had another person return the call with a “no, it can’t be changed”. Not even the courtesy to call me back herself. I called corporate and was told the same thing. The sofa has not even started production. I’m very upset but because of a recent stroke I’m trying to stay calm. All I can say is I will try to like the color I ordered. I will never set foot in a Pottery Barn again!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

I purchased 2 custom built leather recliners, and one had defective leather on the footrest. I advised and sent pics. After PB made an initial contact and accepted the claim they disappeared. When the leather failed as expected, they denied saying they closed the claim. Convenient for them.. I never agreed to close the claim! Avoid the frustration of this company with ZERO customer concern. The good news is that I’ve saved money because I no longer shop with PB or their affiliate stores (same Customer Care folks). The furniture we received was substandard and not worth the high prices they charge. Both the chairs are aging much faster than expected and I regret the purchase.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

Missing and damaged items in online orders followed by unfulfilled promises to remedy are constant issues. Poorly spoken and disinterested "customer service" reps that will just hang up mid-conversation; long waits on hold to try and resolve issues.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

I am so grateful this was a small purchase. I was originally sent 2 different knobs! I called and they did not send the replacement knob ($9 item) until I made it to UPS to return the wrong one that was sent! Once returned the new item was shipped out, in the meantime, I was without a knob to open the cabinet! The new knob arrives and it is also not a match! I call and ask if they could just send me a new knob before I send the other because at this point I will take any two that match! Well they agree but I wait 10 days and follow up no knob. The order was cancelled....why? I have not idea! Since it's only $9, I order another one and I am still waiting on this order. They just keep sending me survey on how their customer service was.... well terrible!!! This really makes me hesitate to order anything expensive from here as I cannot imagine what a nightmare it would be if you had any issues!!!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

I ordered furniture in Aug. Couldn't believe the delivery time was 3 months. Within less then 24 hours later the price went down. I called customer service and was told they have a no price adjustment policy. I asked to cancel my order and I'll reorder because it's not coming for 3 months anyway. They said they can do a 1 time courtesy. Ya right...whatever. They made notes to charge the correct price upon receipt.

Nov 8th is tomorrow and I haven't heard anything about my order for months so I got online to check it and the deliver date changed without any notice to Dec-Jan. I called and asked customer service and they said the furniture was loaded onto a ship and suggested this date may even get pushed out further. The customer service rep ended the call by hanging up in me so I called again to cancel my order the new rep didnt ask a single question shd said, "ok! I cancelled it". 3 months wasted. Terrible communication, policies and the customer service is by far the worst I have ever experienced anywhere.

Pottery Barn Company Information