2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.21/5
Based on 1,545 ratings submitted in the last year

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Pottery Barn Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pottery Barn?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pottery Barn?

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

I have always enjoyed shopping with Pottery Barn! Many times I have used their ideas for decorating my own home! Each item I have purchased has always been a quality item. I enjoy watching for their sales as their styles are timeless! I would recommend this store to all my family and friends!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

I love Pottery Barn's style, but it is not cheap. I got my flameless candles at Pottery Barn, but four different sizes cost more than $100. However, they are the most realistic ones on the market. I also was able to find a large French memory board (part of a wall system) that I couldn't find elsewhere.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

Always a great experience, even if browsing for ideas of DIY in great home décor. I've shopped in several locations and the stores are always incredibly neat, comfortable, the merchandise is presented in easy-access so, seldom is it necessary to call for assistance. Merchandise is clean, which, to me, is extremely important. The sales people always appear to be happy about their work, and are knowledgeable about just about every item in the store.

When I've asked about particular items, if the sales person isn't familiar with it, they've always been quick to apologize for any wait I might have and they're quick to find somebody who can fill me in on details. And they don't just disappear, as is frequently the case in too many other establishments these days. One thing that I appreciate most is that, thus far, I've rarely heard "Oh, you can get than on-line." They'll try to find the item in another store and have even offered to have it shipped to the store I'm shopping in! THAT's an amazing luxury and one that I appreciate tremendously!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

My mother purchased the CUTEST kids chairs for my two tots on Pottery Barn Kids. They are these cute little chairs that are just perfect for kids ages 1-6 that have a custom color cover and their names embroidered into them. Both Dakota and Trenton love theirs. My mom always shops there so I guess they must be really great LOL. I have gone online and shopped at Pottery Barn and it's a good customer experience. Yes things are pricier there than what you would pay elsewhere but you're getting quality items that stand up here, people.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

I chose these high quality, burnished leather dining chairs to pair with my new live edge table. I ordered online, was sent an arrival date, followed by a notice to schedule delivery. All went smoothly throughout the process, chairs arrived on time, were very well packaged and were set up by two very competent and courteous men. The chairs are beautiful, sturdy and comfortable. They are shown here in my dining room. The result is as good as I could have hoped for.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: June 30, 2020

I bought a sofa on October 12, 2019 and still waiting to hear back from customer service and or have a complete sofa. The sofa was delivered in December, the right hand sectional part was not completely sown together and the arm of the sofa was incomplete. The corner piece bottom cushion was sewn incorrectly and is pleated which it should not be. The back cushions are also not sewn correctly and have no shape and are pleated. Considering we went with the sunbrella fabric and top quality I would have expected the sofa to be at least sown correctly or at least completed.

After several wasted hours waiting on hold and the service rep trying to figure out what to do, they replaced the right hand section which we received several months later. I was told we would get 20% off and no delivery fee, neither which has been reflected in my bill to this date. The corner section is still not completed after I was told twice it was being shipped. The last person I spoke to said they can not even see anything in the notes about the corner piece. A serious lack of communication. I have spoken to several managers who have never gotten back to me. I have their extensions however there is never an answer, along with several emails with many of them.

Back in March I was told they would just send me a whole new sofa because there are so many issues with this one and it would be completed in June. I understand there is a pandemic however the lack of customer service continues as we have not heard anything from them. Not one of the four managers that I have extensions to will return calls or emails. Extremely disappointing from such a reputable company and with the price we are paying I could have gotten better service and quality from a discount store. I was told I need to continue to pay my bill and until the matter is completed I will not receive the discounts promised which are also barely anything considering all that I have had to deal with and the time lost dealing with this. This whole experience is unprofessional and poor customer service.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: June 23, 2020

My wife and I went to order a new bed for our daughter. One of the main reasons we ordered it online was because it would've been to our house in the next few weeks (between June 30 and July 2) on their own website and on the email confirmation after the order was processed. More than a week before estimated arrival, we went to go check the status. Once we clicked "track this delivery" it proceeded to tell us it wouldn't arrive until mid September... Yes that's 3 1/2 months later. I called and she proceeded to tell me it must've been sold out or not in the warehouse, yet she doesn't have an exact answer.

So I have a few questions. Where was the communication back to us when they knew it wasn't going to be here on time? We never received an email on it being backtracked. Why was there false advertising on your own website and email confirmation saying it's estimated delivery is then and it is still in stock? Is getting a few dollars in your company's pocket more important that trying to maintain a communicative relationship with your guests? If getting what you need in a timely manner for your family is important to you... I highly recommend taking your business away from Pottery Barn.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
      Original review: June 22, 2020

I spent a LOT of money on a sectional, armchair and ottoman. I had been looking forward to new LR furniture for 15 years, and I am so disappointed.

1. The “performance fabric” is actually a magnet for hairs and dirt, and looks terrible
      2. The sectional pieces don’t fit together evenly. They are 1-2” askew.
      3. The ottoman top cushion started sagging off to the side within 2 months. I asked for a replacement, which arrived a month later. Now 3 months later, this one is also starting to sag off the sides.
      4. The down wrapped cushion is noisy — it crinkles every time I sit down. And it’s not soft. Waste of money.
      5. For unfathomable reasons, the PB comfort armchair and PB comfort sectional have totally different styles of the 3” legs underneath. It just drives me nuts to look at. I called to have it fixed, and was told that’s just the way they come. Why don’t they match???

6. 2 out of 8 of the back cushions are already looking tired and beat up, and it’s only 6 months old.

I am so upset. This set was thousands of dollars, even on 30% off sale at Christmas. No one has ever walked into my living room and said, “Wow, what great new furniture!” Never. And I certainly don’t think it when I walk in either. Really, really distressing. WILL NEVER BUY POTTERY BARN FURNITURE AGAIN.

Original review: June 18, 2020

I have purchased many things from Pottery Barn and have always been satisfied. We recently purchased a bunk bed and it came damaged and not just slightly damaged. The footboard has a crack that goes all the way through it. 3 weeks later, 7 hours on hold, and multiple phone calls and still no resolution. I have filled out the forms, sent pictures of the damage and done everything they have asked. I have been bounced around on their customer service lines continually through all of my calls and most end up with the call being disconnected before I get to the "right person" to talk to. I am extremely dissatisfied with their customer service and will not be shopping here again.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: June 15, 2020

Pottery Barn outdoor furniture may look great in the showroom, but they should just stay in the showroom! We purchased an Indio Extending Dining Table in 2018. It has been lightly used, and well protected by weatherproof cover 365 days a year. However, in less than two years, surprised to see cracks appearing in legs, and getting worse by the day. https://www.potterybarn.com/products/indio-dining-table/

There are several concerning issues:
      • Our purchase decision was based on the product description claiming “Kiln-dried hardwood and mortise-and-tenon joinery provide superb strength and durability”. Compared with our previous table which was less expensive and lasted many years in the same climate and care, our experience with this product indicates defective material or craftmanship, or the product description is inaccurate.
      • There is no warranty information, disclosed at time of purchase, and can be found anyway after the purchase.

• The rapid deteriorating state will soon make the product unsafe to use, especially with small children. Since we may be forced to dispose the product soon, it is a terrible waste of natural material at the expense of consumers.

Pottery Barn initially responded by suggesting repair at “Furniture Medic”, which turns out to be unavailable in Washington state. Upon receiving my written complaint, Pottery Barn then apologized with an offer of “15% off your next order”. I found the response unsatisfactory as it does not address the issues of false advertisement, nor the damage this defective product causes consumers financially and environmentally.

Pottery Barn Company Information