3.54/5
Based on 1,961 ratings submitted in the last year

Looking for a good furniture store?

Pottery Barn

Looking for a good furniture store?

Pottery Barn Reviews

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

I beg each and every one of you who are thinking about buying a sofa from Pottery Barn that you DON'T do it. I have been waiting 6 weeks already and I have gotten three emails delaying it now out to January 6th. They have no idea why when you call and the CEO of this company is a moron. This company is a mess. I say fire the CEO and replace him. How can a furniture place not be able deliver a sofa in a decent timeframe? This is a disgrace. I have been talking to people that have cancelled their order because the furniture never came. This is a case of a horrible CEO running a great company to the ground. I would never never ever order or buy another item from Potterybarn. There are so many other options and guess what? They own Williams Sonoma which is closing all their stores one by one and they own West Elm so don't buy there either. Take my warning please... You will thank me on.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

We initially purchased a rocking chair with white glove assembly and delivery. Chair didn’t rock well, due to a assembly defect in the rocker leg where the bolt is screwed in misaligned to the bottom frame. Husband called and asked for refund. It’s already passed 30 days so we got a gift certificate instead. Painfully rearranged the pick up and 3 wks later they finally came. We had to hold baby to sleep everyday and night till replacement came. Then we bought baby crib, and again a disaster. One of the holes on the frame was 1 in off causing mattress to be tilted in the one corner. Called again and asked for same day replacement. Spent an hour on the phone only to wait for supervisor to call back. What a disaster. Never buy furniture from Pottery Barn again!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

I have always enjoyed shopping with Pottery Barn! Many times I have used their ideas for decorating my own home! Each item I have purchased has always been a quality item. I enjoy watching for their sales as their styles are timeless! I would recommend this store to all my family and friends!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

I love Pottery Barn's style, but it is not cheap. I got my flameless candles at Pottery Barn, but four different sizes cost more than $100. However, they are the most realistic ones on the market. I also was able to find a large French memory board (part of a wall system) that I couldn't find elsewhere.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I ordered some quilts online and they were wonderful. They were very soft and made very well. They arrived in about 2 days. They have held up very well in the washer and dryer. Pottery Barn carries very nice items. The website was very easy to use.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pottery Barn?

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

I have shopped at the Pottery Barn for several years. The store has quality items for sale. The Pottery Barn is innovative and can be trendy.. but also has a lot of traditional items as well. I really enjoy going and browsing at the Pottery Barn.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2019

We live busy lives and once in a while we forget to make payments, especially when you last late payment was 10 months ago. I called today and spoke with a representative named Miguel. From the start I knew things were not going to work out well for me as I didn’t hear the friendly tone of voice from the beginning that most customer representatives have. I explained to him I forgot to make this months payment and wanted to know if he can waive the late fee.

Right away he said no. I asked him the last time I made a late payment, and he said December of last year, I asked him how long does take for them to waive a late payment. He said he doesn’t know. Then I said most companies waive late fees after 6 months. He told me, this is a different company. I said I understand and told him there’s also reviews I can make out of this experience, he answered go ahead. It is unfortunate to know Pottery barn representatives act this way for a company that could be excellent.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

Order placed 4/28/2019. 2 pieces ordered. Hadn't heard anything all summer, so in September I started calling weekly on my way home from work to find out what is going on. No one gave me a straight answer - it was always - "we are waiting for both items to arrive to delivery center". I'm not sure how it takes 5 months for that to happen. On one of my routine weekly calls, I was told that both pieces were ready to go. If I hadn't called, I don't think anyone would have let me know. No communication from their end.

Then delivery day arrives. Only one piece is delivered. No one seems to know what happened to the coffee table. I call twice more. I am told that the next delivery day is a week from today, but that is too long since I had gone through such a long wait - so someone would definitely call me back with a sooner date. No one calls. 3 days later I call back. They are not sure why I was told I would get a call back, but there is nothing in the system. Now the next delivery date is a week from today.

This is outrageous. No one is talking to anyone. Certainly not talking to the customer. Now my delivery date is next week, for the coffee table I ordered in April. If I hadn't wasted hours of my busy life, I would still be waiting. NEVER again will I order from Pottery Barn/Williams Sonoma. Such a terrible experience that puts the onus on the customer to fight for delivery. A waste of my time. I'm even annoyed I have to waste time writing this review. How crazy is it that I am charged $299 for managing my own delivery.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

The only reason I signed up for Pottery Barn credit card was for the differed payment plan. As a result, I purchased a sofa earlier than previously planned since I was told I had 6 months with no financing charges to pay off the balance. To find out to my absolute shock and dismay that was not the case and I have been charged almost 30% interest charges every month which is absolutely ridiculous. This false advertisement is absolutely wrong in every way. I feel taken advantage of and I don't want anyone else to fall into this trap. There is no way Pottery Barn or its creditor should be allowed to falsely advertise in this manner. I'm absolutely livid and disappointed in our current system of checks and balances.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

I had never ordered anything from Pottery Barn so I didn't know what to expect. My husband and I purchased a chair, couch, end tables, coffee table and lamp. We spent a lot of money at PB! We received a broken lamp, a coffee table that had only 3 legs , a re-order on the coffee table that had a chip on top and the delivery service for our couch and chair was terrible!! When we were finally able to reach the delivery service for our couch and chair (they don't return calls) they arrived and carried the couch to our front door and one of the guys said "it's not going to fit."

We will not be responsible for any damage done. I asked him to measure, but he refused. He got his boss on the line and his boss said "he would know if it's going to fit." "He's been doing this a long time." I told him we should at least measure - he agreed. My husband came out with a measuring tape and the same delivery guy once again said, "we're not going to measure, it's not going to fit." My husband commented that he was measuring the length of the couch, not the width. The delivery guy asked me if I wanted the chair since the couch wasn't going to fit. I told him it was a set - so if the couch doesn't fit I didn't want the chair either.

They finally tried (took the cushions off which they didn't think of) and finally did get in in the house. The chair has flaws on the side. I sent pictures to my designer - she forwarded them to Customer Service. They contacted me and offered me either a new chair or a credit. I didn't want to go through the hassle of delivery again, so I opted for the credit. I waited and waited - no credit. I called and left messages - no call back. I called back again and reached the person I originally spoke to. She had no history of our conversation (only the pictures). She stated it was a cliche in the computer. Because of the delay, she increased the credit amount. I didn't hear anything again, so I finally sent a message to my designer once again, and I finally got the credit.

My designer told me she was going to see if she could get a credit for the terrible delivery service. Now they are telling me that the credit I received on the chair included the credit for the chair and the delivery! Terrible customer service!! The gal I spoke to knew nothing about my experience with the delivery. With the high prices of Pottery Barn products, you would think their customer service would be better!

Pottery Barn Company Information