2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Omaha, NB

1.3/5 (33 ratings)

About Nebraska Furniture Mart

Founded by Russian immigrant Rose Blumkin or "Mrs. B" as she was affectionately known, Nebraska Furniture Mart is a home furnishings super store with Locations in Omaha, NE, Kansas City, KS, The Colony, TX and Des Moines, IA. They carry everything for the home from Furniture and Flooring to Appliances and Electronics.

Nebraska Furniture Mart Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nebraska Furniture Mart?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nebraska Furniture Mart?

Original review: Nov. 27, 2020

While I like other millennials prefer live chat customer support over phone-based customer service (who doesn’t love hitting ###0000#### a bunch of times just to get through to a live agent, right?), John O. may have changed my mind. Let me rewind for a moment and say that I’ve had nothing but trouble with the furniture I’ve purchased from Nebraska Furniture Mart (NFM) over the past six years. Even though it wasn’t always NFM’s fault and the furniture was eventually replaced, it was always a serious hassle. Needless to say, I was ready to leave NFM and never look back. That was until John O. stepped in to help with my most recent problem: a leather rocking loveseat that made an annoying whooshing sound due to leather-on-leather contact; however, I was more concerned about the friction damaging the material than about the sound.

Before calling NFM this time, I made some adjustments to the loveseat and even removed most of the stuffing from the center cushion, but to no avail. NFM ended up sending two technicians (at different times) who both said the same thing, “Just rub some talcum powder on it. There’s not much more we can do for you. It’s just a defective design.” Mind you, I spent close to $1,000 (including the furniture protection plan) on this loveseat and the best you’ve got is “Rub some talcum powder on it?” Really?? So I called John O. with NFM customer service. He was fantastic from the start and was in constant communication over the next several weeks as we tried to figure out a solution (and finally did). He was always courteous, patient, and empathetic, and is the SINGLE reason that I’m still a NFM customer. In other words, the guy is excellent customer service personified. THANK YOU, JOHN!!!

Nebraska Furniture Mart response

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review, Joshua. I am sorry to hear of the issues you have experienced with us in the past with the product you have received, and thank you for your positive review for John O. I have forwarded your review to his manager for proper recognition and praise. We appreciate you choosing Nebraska Furniture Mart and look forward to helping you again.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2020

Can’t tell how helpful Pinkie ** is; she is best at her job. She was very helpful, passionate at her job, very kind person. The best experience we had at nfm. I recommend her and she is the best lady.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

Their selection is amazing. So many different pieces of furniture on the floor for you to see and try. I find their prices to be very good and with a broad range to suit everyone. We have purchased everything from a computer to a TV console to a microwave there. The purchase is ready within half an hour and we can pick it up at their loading docks. The service members are friendly and helpful and can always steer you in the right direction for what you need. I have never had a problem with them trying to upsell us and we have always been pleased with our purchases.

Nebraska Furniture Mart response

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your rating and feedback, Marilyn. Glad to hear you Like our Large Store, Hugh product Selections, Outstanding Customer Service and even better Prices! We appreciate you choosing Nebraska Furniture Mart and look forward to helping you again.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

NFM has a huge showroom and allow me to use their financial without any interest for 24 or 30 months are plus for us to do incentive to use their products. Downside is that I could not use comparison to others and not effective communication about product delivery status.

Nebraska Furniture Mart response

Thank you for the 4 Star Review, Matthew. Glad to hear you appreciated our Large Selections, Great Prices and Financing options. We are sorry there were limited communication about product delays. We appreciate you choosing Nebraska Furniture Mart and look forward to helping you again.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

We always go to Ne. Furniture Mart. The employees are friendly, they know their merchandise too. They try and give you the best prices. When you go there, make sure you know the sizes, colors and research a little before you go there. Like model number, brands, etc. Otherwise you will be confused about which brand or type of material, etc. Take a picture of your room (measurements) of where or what you are planning to do. Good luck.

Nebraska Furniture Mart response

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your rating and feedback, Marvin. Glad to hear you Like our Outstanding Customer Service and even better Prices! We appreciate you choosing Nebraska Furniture Mart and look forward to helping you again.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

I was let go at work. I fell behind, but started making payments again catching up. I logged in today to make a payment and my account was no longer in the NFM system. They sent me to collections. They said they tried to contact me (which they didn't) and the took my payments for the last few months w/o any issues. They told me there was nothing they could do to fix it as it went to a 3rd party.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

I recently purchased flooring from NFM, and when their contracted crew showed up to install my flooring and move my appliances they damaged them and then claimed they did not. When I filed a claim with NFM they sided with the crew and left me with damage. Beware when you work with them as they will not stand with their customers when the crews they contract with do damage to your home - Beware.

Nebraska Furniture Mart response

Hi Richard, I apologize your appliances were damaged, I understand that's frustrating. If you would like to dispute the results of the claim, feel free to contact our Flooring Customer Service team at 1(800)359-1200 EXT: 69979.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

If you want to experience buying a low quality bed and horrible customer service, shop at NFM in Texas. Bought a bed at Nebraska Furniture Mart here in TX. It has been a complete nightmare. The bed broke within weeks. I called NFM numerous times to get a replacement, but they stopped selling the bed. I was then told to find a similar bed in the same price range. I was not able to due to so many beds being out of stock or requiring a box spring which I didn't need for the first bed. The sales people said this was a quality bed...lol.

I have called and been given the runaround. I finally talked to Alex extension ** rep# ** or **. She said she was the customer service manager, she told me to pick some stuff numbers of in-stock beds and they would work on pricing. I did what she said and left a voicemail and never heard from her again after leaving multiple voicemail. I then asked to speak to her manager Trey, who did absolutely nothing but set up a date to pick up the bed. I told him that I don't want it picked up unless a bed is delivered the same day to replace it.

I again gave him the SKU numbers and everything was out of stock. I asked him to reach out to the manager of the area, because I bought a couch that was "out of stock" and the manager suddenly made it available for me to buy. Trey didn't want to do that. He acted very lazy. You have to tie a string around his finger and lift it for him to do anything. I then asked for his manager, he said hold on, and hung up on me. Trey knew my phone number as he pulled it up to see what was going on. I have nailed two pieces of lumber to the middle of the bed to keep it propped up in the middle. DON'T EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM NFM.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

My wife and I have been customers at NFM for just over 20 years. In that time we have purchased many household items and have always had great service. That is until we purchased an LG refrigerator from them in December of 2016. In the very first month the seals around the doors started to freeze up. We called NFM and they said we needed to call LG for warranty repair. We did and they sent a technician to replace them...then a couple months later the same thing happened, again they fixed it..didn't have any more problems with that.

A few months later....still within the first year of purchase...the refrigerator stopped cooling...we called LG again...there was technology that allowed them to do a diagnostic test by holding the phone next to it...the results were inconclusive so they were going to schedule a tech to look at it but because we lived in Nebraska City...a rural area..they couldn't find an authorized repair service...so in 3-5 business days they locate someone for repair...I was contacted by A & E Service from Omaha 4 days later to schedule an appointment..another 2 or 3 days later...by the time the technician arrived the fridge had started working again, so he couldn't find anything wrong. This happened again a few months later with the same results.

When it happened again within 2 years of purchase I contacted LG to see if I could get a technician to work on it...after finding one that would agree to do warranty work for LG they then had to be approved by LG. Once all the boxes were checked the tech determined it was the linear compressor that needed replaced. LG sent it to him and he installed it..that was in October 2018. Then over the next year or so it stopped working and restarted before the tech arrived 2 more times.

Then Jan. 28, 2020 it stopped again..it was looked at on February 4, 2020...again it was working and the tech said if it does it again just unplug the fridgefor at least 30 min to see if it restarts..the final straw was when it stopped again on Friday, February 15, 2020...I unplugged it...waited and plugged it back in, nothing so I called on Monday the 18th. I also called A & E Service directly as by now I know that's who they send for repairs...I was told they wouldn't do anything until they received an order for repair from LG...I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told it wouldn't do any good because he would tell the same thing and he hung up.

To shorten the story a bit I'll just say that from May 18 to July 8, 2020 I made multiple calls to both NFM and LG customer service departments trying to get my refrigerator repaired. On 7/8/2020 I called NFM again and spoke to Cosima and explained the entire circumstances up to that point. She said she would make some calls...about an hour later I received a call from a Joe at LG he said he was looking into it...20 minutes later he calls back and tells me they are refunding the full purchase amount and that NFM would be calling to confirm receipt of the credit. Which they did in the amount of $ 3,038.79.

Now we just need to find a new fridge. After an extensive search and my wife reading product reviews and customer reviews we are ready to purchase so on September 9, 2020 we go to NFM and purchase a $4,000 GE Cafe, with our credit it will only be about $1000. We get to the register and find out that we can't use the credit right then and because it's a special order we need to pay $900 upfront...we do and delivery is set for October 10, 2020...

Now let's go back a bit to the refrigerator that stopped working....we still have it at this point...fortunately we have a fridge in the basement and an adult beverage fridge in the garage which we were able utilize and manage without our main fridge in the kitchen. Then just prior to our original delivery date for the new fridge of October 10, I make arrangements to have the old one removed...then we are contacted by NFM stating that due to Covid our delivery will be delayed and will be notified with a new delivery date.

On October 10th...we were out of town.. and I received a call from NFM saying that drivers were in our driveway for the fridge...I asked if they had our new fridge because I had been told it was delayed...he said no..they were there to get the old one...I said that I had already gotten rid of it to make room for the new one as there had not been anything said about NFM or LG picking up the old one...he just said ok he'd tell the drivers. Our new fridge arrived January 9th, 2021..one of the plastic shelves had a piece broke and wouldn't stay in place...but I fixed it...3 days later my wife got on our NFM account to check about the credit being applied. It hadn't been...she called NFM to find out why and was told that LG pulled the credit because we didn't return the fridge. I called LG and they said it was a NFM issue. I made many phone calls to both LG and NFM over the next several months trying to get this resolved.

Finally I called and left a message for Scott **, the store Director in the Omaha store...I also called and left a message for Elizabeth ** the Director of Customer Services trying to get some resolution on this issue. They, or at least I was told he was calling on their behalf, had Andy, a manager in the Call Center, call me. He said that the warranty time frame for the LG refrigerator had expired and the credit was no longer valid. As a courtesy because we have been customers of NFM for over 20 years he was authorized to offer us $300 to cover the cost of the extended warranty protection we purchased for the new GE and $500 towards the old fridge...a total of $800 after over a year of dealing with both LG and NFM customer service departments ...I declined their offer. We are now thinking of getting a new stove, But it WON'T be at NFM.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

I had a credit card through NFM and during Covid, I lost my job. Nebraska unemployment didn't pay me for quite a while so I wasn't able to make the payments. Nebraska Furniture Mart would not help me even though I was in severe hardship and still am. They sent me a regular bill in the mail that was due on 4/18 and at the same time sent the file to an attorney's office. I explained the bill I got and all the attorney kept saying was, "Are you wanting to set up payments" very rudely? NFM didn't even give me a chance to try and pay it and sent it anyway. No one would help me at all and it's not right!

Nebraska Furniture Mart Company Information