2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Omaha, NB

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.51/5

Founded by Russian immigrant Rose Blumkin or "Mrs. B" as she was affectionately known, Nebraska Furniture Mart is a home furnishings super store with Locations in Omaha, NE, Kansas City, KS, The Colony, TX and Des Moines, IA. They carry everything for the home from Furniture and Flooring to Appliances and Electronics.

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Nebraska Furniture Mart Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nebraska Furniture Mart?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nebraska Furniture Mart?

Original review: April 27, 2020

Furniture is great. Customer service is great, HOWEVER, don't bother to buy the warranties they offer at NFM. Ours was through a company named Guardian. We had a claim that the paperwork said would be covered and they are not covering it. Their statement was that they won't cover manufacturer defects. I took the complaint to NFM and they said they would look into it. I sent them pics, all the paperwork from Guardian and NFM and not one person is responding back to actually look into it. I have reached out at least five times. DON'T BUY the WARRANTIES. NOT WORTH the PAPER THEY ARE WRITTEN ON. SAVE your MONEY.

Original review: April 14, 2020

I purchased a chaise sofa from Nebraska Furniture in The Colony, TX. Six months later the frame broke in two separate places. I called it in and it took a month to get a furniture technician out to look at it. The tech came out looked at the couch and said the frame is broke in two places and it is unlikely Nebraska will want to pay his bill to make the repairs as it would take the better part of a day to “rework it”! So I waited and waited and finally received a call back from Nebraska furniture stating they would be sending him back out to repair the frame.

I advised I have never heard of a company not warranting the replacement of a piece of furniture when the frame is broken. She advised she was sorry but they would be repairing both breaks in the frame. So now if they ever call back to make said repairs I guess I will have paid for a broken couch! Awesome. Just what I wanted, a new broken but repaired couch! I will never shop here again! I advise against buying from this place!

Original review: March 20, 2020

Updated on 04/23/2020: I finally spoke to an honest manager. Her name is "L". She actually called Guardsman while I was on the phone. Thank you for being one of the honest and sincerely helpful ones! I have to wait 7-10 days per Guardsman for next steps.

Updated on 04/23/2020: This is a follow up to my March post. Nebraska delivered a botched bed. They used pieces from the old bed and the "refurbished" bed. Apparently, the bed is discontinued. Nebraska is saying it is Guardsman responsibility for other options. Guardsman is saying, We approved the replacement and it is Nebraska's responsibility."

The latest customer service rep on 4/23/2020 says that don't see any record of all of my past calls. Someone is lying. I have names, dates, and a few extensions. This place needs to be shut down along with all the dishonest lying employees that support this mess. I would relocate the honest hard working ones. On April 14th I was told someone would call back in 1 hour. It is April 23rd and I am still waiting on a callback, so I called back myself. Now I am on an extended hold... I'm sure the call will disconnect unintentionally right! UGH!!

Original Review: First, I have been a loyal Nebraska customer for years with no problems. Apparently they care less about the loyal customers. The storage bed collapsed in the middle of the night. The bed was only 14 months old. No young kids, no grand kids. I purchased the Guardsman Gold protection plan. I filed the claim in December 2019, after horrible customer service, it was approved late January 2020!

NFM said it would take about 3 weeks to deliver. They called the night before and said.. OOOps it arrived damaged, we need to reorder. It will take another 3 weeks! Now it is March 20, 2020, and they called today at 6:30am CST, and said Oops it's damaged again..we need to reorder...It will be another 3 weeks. I was so upset and was told that someone from customer service would call me at 8am. Guess what...NO ONE CALLED... I called them at 9am and got the run around...had to call back 2 times before I was able to talk to a customer service Manager. She said she submit a request to expedite but no guarantees...so you know what that means...another 3 weeks without a bed!

All I get was, "I'm sorry..It's the vendor's fault not ours." If your vendor is known for these type of issues, then you need to get a new vendor and/or get a process in place to prevent these type of issues. The manager said she will communicate and update within a week. So we will see ! I will be filing a Fraud report with the FTC and a complaint with the NE Attorney General. This makes no sense! Poooooor service. I am done with NFM...they lost a good customer.. We spent a lot of money with them.. It is obvious they DO NO CARE!!!

Nebraska Furniture Mart response

Hello Christine! Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We appreciate your continued loyalty and are very disheartened to hear about the multiple attempts to get a non-damaged replacement bed. We can certainly understand the long delay could be incredibly frustrating. If we can assist any further, don't hesitate to contact us at 1-800-359-1200, email at contact.us@nfm.com or live chat at NFM.com. I hope you have a wonderful day!

Resolution response: March 26, 2020

Whirlpool contacted me and helped me set up a service date, The way it worked was, the local service company contacted me and set up a day for service. Two days prior, the service company contacted me and gave me a two hour window to be at home to have the range repaired. That worked. I thank Whirlpool for its help. The oven works now.

Original review: March 11, 2020

I usually write positive about the places and companies I review because I think people are more likely to write a review when unhappy, rather than happy. Unfortunately, this one is not positive. I'm having a bad experience with Nebraska Furniture Mart and Whirlpool and I feel that I should let others know about it. I bought a Whirlpool range at Nebraska Furniture Mart. It was quick and easy. Nebraska Furniture Mart is great about that. But I'm having a problem with the range. The oven doesn't hold an even temperature. If I set the temperature for 350 degrees, it takes about 30 minutes to get to temperature on the display. But the biggest problem is that it isn't always at the temperature displayed. I bought an oven thermometer. Sometimes when the display says 350 degrees, the oven thermometer shows 225 or 250. Crazy, right?

So I called Whirlpool and they are certainly willing to send a service person out to fix it. For that, I applaud them. The problem is that I will have to be here from 8 am to 5 pm on a work day (Monday through Friday). Unfortunately, I live alone and there isn't anyone I feel comfortable asking to waste a day sitting at my house. I asked for a four hour window. I was told no. So I called Nebraska Furniture Mart and they won't help at all. Not nice at all. The prices there are low. But now I have to add the cost of a missed day at work to the cost of the range. I could have purchased a nicer range elsewhere for that combined amount of money, and I would get better help with solving this problem.

When you're looking at the prices of an appliance at Nebraska Furniture Mart, add the price of a missed day of work and then decide if the price is really that good. I have to give Nebraska Furniture Mart a thumbs down. I have to give Whirlpool a thumbs down. Buy there if you must, but be prepared for an experience like mine. Thank you for reading my review.

Nebraska Furniture Mart response

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback, Dan. We are sorry that the Oven is not working properly. Please reach out to us either by live chat at NFM.com, by email at contact.us@nfm.com or by phone at 1-800-359-1200 ext. 22435 so we can investigate this issue and come to a suitable resolution. We appreciate you choosing Nebraska Furniture Mart and look forward to helping you again.

Original review: March 9, 2020

Buyer beware. I have been a customer with NFM for years. I have never missed a payment. I had my account set up on a recurring payment every month. This morning I got a notification from my credit reporting agency that I had a new derogatory item on my report. Turns out my minimum payment was raised and so my recurring payment did not meet the minimum anymore. This has been going on for 5 months and I have never been contacted! When I spoke with a representative today she said it was my responsibility to read my monthly statements and adjust my payment as necessary.

While I recognize the ownership I have in this, I have never had a credit card company that doesn't take out at least the minimum payment when you have a recurring payment going out. At the very least, almost every other credit card company will notify you if you miss a payment or have not met the minimum payment. This is the first time I have ever encountered a company allowing a consumer to continue to rack up late payment after late payment without sending out a letter or email or ANYTHING. I'm just so disappointed that a company would take advantage of customers like this.

Original review: March 7, 2020

It will take forever to actually get the promised NO INTEREST. It can take MONTHS to get a response to any question. Time to file a complaint with NE AG for deceptive practices, among other complaints.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

I opened this account in 2018 and as with every other credit card I placed this on auto pay. I never look at the statements as I trust NFM to just draft whatever I owe. Today, Feb 4, 2020 I received a text message on my cell phone that stated I was past due. I initially thought it was a mistake considering I'm on auto pay and the payments appear to be drafting just fine. I called into customer service where I was treated like I did something wrong. I was told that my balance changed in April of 2019 and it has only been drafting based on my original balance.

This is shocking news to me! I go on to explain that it was my understanding that it drafts for whatever the bill is due for, I was told if you make a purchase you have to go in and somehow change the auto pay. I have SEVERAL credit cards as well as bank loans and I have never heard of this! I was told I should have looked at my bill that "we provided" ok...I admittedly do not and THAT'S WHY I'm on auto pay to begin with. So that I do not have to comb through the bills and so regardless of the amount it gets paid. I was then told well you've been past due since last June of 2019, I then asked about the 15.00 late fees and was told they would only remove $5.00. I asked for a manager and another CSR (Crystal) who clearly is not a manager gets on the line and I explain this very logical point to her and she says the same, I will remove 5.00...I have the ability to remove them all however it's been past due since June.

PLEASE BE REMINDED that I have not missed a payment, that it is still drafting but apparently not the extra $5.00 (I was behind 27.00 by the way). I was sure to ask Crystal again just to be sure that this company was going to not reverse 15.00 based on a clear and unorthodox issue, she advised me again. I got off the phone, went online and paid the 27.00 and contacted NFM AGAIN (by chat this time...where I encountered Crystal the CSR) and asked how I cancel my account and also for the corporate address to write to about such a terrible experience.

I will never patronize NFM again and just so happens that I am apart of a huge

social group who will also be hearing about this terrible experience. I asked repeatedly "does this make sense", apparently when you set up auto pay and YOU PAY...8 months later you will be informed that you're past due ON auto pay when I had no clue about this. Shame on you! Now I have also received an email from my email to the company from "Crystal" again. This is a joke!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

We have been a loyal customer of Nebraska Furniture Mart and most of our household furniture and appliances are from Nebraska. Bought a beautiful cocktail table which started cracking in multiple places. The technician came and wrote off the table and provided a full credit. Last time I called Nebraska customer service, they informed me that the credit was in my account and they will pick the table when my next delivery comes. Since the credit was in my account and I had no hurry to buy any other product I let the credit sit in my account.

Called up today to place an order and I was told that the credit has been wiped off as it's over the warranty period. There was no communication from Nebraska in any form or shape about the policies and/or time periods. How can be consumers responsible to return bulky items back to Nebraska which were written off due to terrible quality? How are consumers supposed to know about the time periods if there are no communications from NFM?

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

I came in for a mattress and and a bedroom suite. I was told the mattress was 60 months no interest and the bedroom suite was 30 months no interest. I agreed and had my furniture delivered. The product was great and delivery on time. Everything there was great. I received my first bill in the mail and found that I have to pay a minimum payment of 4% of the balance. This is not what was discussed. We even talked to the salesperson about how much we would have to pay to get it paid off before the promotional period was over. Now we get hit with over $140 dollars higher than it would have been to spread it out of the 30 months and the 60 months. Very misleading. This would have changed my decision to purchase what I did. I am sure it was in the fine print on the contract but it was not discussed. I just came back and purchased $800 worth of rugs this last weekend. I don't think after this I will be back.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

I would not buy warranty from NFM anymore or any product. On December 9 2019 I realized that my fridge is going out, I made claims with assurance nfm to come look at it. I explained to them that my wife is pregnant and have 3 years old son. I really need my fridge to be fix. It took them 2 days to find someone to send out which was December 11 2019. The service provider told me will take 2 to 5 days for the part to be received, I asked them how can be faster. They said the only way to contact assurance tell them to approve the part and they will get expedite the work order. They did not even care when I called them and also look like they do not care about customer. I had to call them on the December 13 to see what happened.

They told me they ordered the part will take couple days. Had to call back on the December 16 2019. Same person answered with unprofessional attitude and start raising her voice on me and tell me there is no way that they can help me. I have to wait for the part which they ordered. I called on December 24 2019. They told me will receive the part on December 26 2019. Called that day telling me part got cancelled and had to reorder the part which will be delivered on the December 30 2019. Call back on that they telling they can not help me. I have to call service provider.

I call service provider. They told me they do not know when would receive the part. I have to call assurance. After calling several times and talking with so many unhelpful people on assurance nfm. I called back service provider primer. They told me the part was received on January 2 2020 which they made schedule service on January 3 2020 to come and fix it. 25 days for nfm assurance to fix my fridge. With rude people from assurance company. This is how they take your money and not give you service.

Nebraska Furniture Mart Company Information