Mattress Giant

• Mattress Giant is now owned and operated by Mattress Firm. Please click on this link to visit the Mattress Firm page for further assistance.

My husband and I purchased the Pinnacle Memory foam mattress in February of 2010, paying $1500 dollars. By June, we were both starting to have back problems but were just outside the 90 day return policy stated on my invoice. Now, less than 4 years later, the mattress is sagging on both sides, you feel like you are going to roll out of bed. Terrible sleep every night, we decided to call on our 20 year non prorated warranty, only to find Mattress Giant is not there anymore! Looking online, this seems to be the best help I can find. I am going to email csable@mattress.com and see if I get anywhere. I just want what I purchased. I'll let you know how that goes.

Five years ago we special ordered a dual split Beautyrest bed. I like soft, he likes firm. We paid $2700..... Outrageous, BUT we expected to use it for the 20 years warranty. After a few months the bed began to sag. We contacted Mattress Giant and was told it had to sag 1 1/2 inches before they would consider replacing the mattress. It sagged 1 1/2 inches and more in the morning when I arose, but as the day wore on the memory foam puffed up about an inch. The memory foam has Alzheimer's!!! My husband's firm side also has sagged. I have been to the doctor several times for back problems (from the "sleeping in a hammock"). I was told to sleep on a firm bed. The biggest problem with this bed is that we cannot flip it OR turn it... because the back side is not finished off and each side was made differently. SO...... we just purchased a cheap, flippable, turnable firm bed (NOT from Mattress Giant) which is being delivered tomorrow. We got scammed, paid full price and then Mattress Giant moved out of our town a couple years ago... so no recourse.... Do not buy from Mattress Giant!!!

We purchased a great bed, Kingsdown Indulgence, worth $2,709.98 on 2/2/2008 from Mattress Giant thinking this was the one. After about two years later, it began to sag. The store personnel advised us that it was normal so we didn't do anything about it. We did what we were supposed to, turn it as necessary and keep getting bad night sleeps. It is now drooping on one side to the point that if you sleep too close to the edge, you roll off. Now what? It's very sad that we get a better night’s rest in hotels than in our own very expensive bed. I am fearful to yet again go back to Mattress Giant after reading all these bad reviews. What will they do? String me along until it's out of warranty?

Back problems with my mattress - I have never been angrier in my life with a company than Mattress Giant. It is a really bad deal to buy a mattress there. Take my case for example, I bought a queen set and had to change after 1 month only to pay $500 more and to get a horrible bed instead. I have been trying to contact the customer service line but they can't help me with the matter. Instead, they said to go to the store, where the personnel there send you to customer service website. It’s a scam cycle.

I filed the complaint regarding the bait and switch that I believed Mattress Giant did to me. I am happy to say that after filing my complaint with you, the district manager contacted me and we are sleeping on a new mattress. Mattress Giant gave us full credit for our purchase - and with an additional $400.00, we are sleeping on a new mattress. It is a shame it had to come to filing a complaint but in the end, they stepped up to the plate and did what they should have done at the start.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mattress Giant?

Mattress Giant

Sleepy's number one goal is customer satisfaction. Please reach out to me at csable@mattress.com and include your invoice number and/or customer code and a telephone number with the best date and time to reach you. We look forward to working with you and resolving your complaint. We thank you in advance.

Original review: April 11, 2012

Mattress less than one year old sinking in middle - Bought a mattress in May of last year, filed a warranty claim online on 3/19/12. It is still in pending status. I have been calling the store and sending in inquiries on their website. A store employee gave me the direct number because they were tired of hearing from me and no one answers the phone. The district manager was contacted and he (David) tried to "text" the warranty desk. No one has called and we are struck with a mattress that isn't fit to sleep on. Do not do business with these crooks!

Dear Ms. Wons ,

Original review: March 27, 2012

I am still waiting for results. The queen size bed mattress's right and left side sank in 3".

Mattress Giant

Thank you for sharing your concern(s). We welcome the opportunity to speak with you. Please reach out to me at csable@mattress.com and include your invoice number and/or customer code and a telephone number with the best date and time to reach you. We appreciate your post.

Original review: March 18, 2012

I believe Mattress Giant did a bait and switch. I purchased a Stearns and Foster set in October and it is not as firm as the one I tried in the store. The sides are caving in and there is no support like the one I tried. I called the store and was told there was nothing they could do.

The mattress was never perfect. It was harder in the middle, and sagged on the right and left. Now, the sagging is a lot worse and visible. I have been referred back and forth, from Simmons to Mattress Giant. I need to resolve this matter.

I bought a mattress from Mattress Giant on 12/29/11 from your company in Belmont, NH. I like the mattress. When they delivered the mattress, they also brought a box spring which I did not want. They took the box spring back. When I went to the store to get the $100.00 back/credit my charge card, Patty said we are going out of business and I can't help you. I am 86 years old and of keen mind; you are a big business, please take care of this. On my bill of sale is a hand written note that says:

“Spoke to Patty; re: $100.00 rebate for foundation.”

I have been to the store times 3 and have not gotten anywhere. I would appreciate your time and effort in clearing up this error. I would like my money.

I bought an Orthomatic Chiro Rememberance mattress from Mattress Giant in 2001. I was told that the mattress had a 20-year non prorated warranty. Because the warranty details came with the mattress, I had the regional vice-president, who was in the store at the time, sign my receipt and indicate the details of the warranty. My mattress didn't come with the warranty paperwork, but I was so happy with the memory foam mattress. I didn't worry about it. I specifically purchased a memory foam mattress because I could no longer sleep on a standard mattress due to my lupus and rheumatoid arthritis. After six years, the mattress began to sink in the area where I slept. I moved to the other side of the bed, and after four years that side began to sink. If I tried to sleep in the middle of the bed, I leaned to one side.

I finally decided to use my warranty so I could get a replacement. I contacted the store and was told I needed to begin the warranty process on Mattress Giant's website. I put in the necessary information, but no one contacted me. I called the warranty number, but I never could reach a person, only a message box. I left a message, but the message was never returned. I could no longer sleep on my mattress, so I had to use an air mattress on my floor, which tells you how bad my mattress had become if sleeping on an air mattress was more comfortable.

Over the next three months I tried multiple times to leave my information online, but it would not enter. I left message after message and none were returned. I called the number I had for the regional vice president, only to discover that Mattress Giant eliminated the regional level positions. I tried to contact the corporate office, but I couldn't get responses. I spoke to a salesman at the store and told him all that had happened. He tried contacting someone higher up in Mattress Giant, but the salesman was told that he needed to stay out of the issue. Mattress Giant is an utterly dishonest business that sells mattresses and then takes no responsibility afterwards. I discourage anyone from purchasing anything from Mattress Giant, unless you want to be cheated!

I have bought 4 mattress sets in the last 1 1/2 and have no problem with any of them concerning wear, but I swear we got bed bug from one of their mattresses. My son who is 5 and my husband were getting bit by something every night. You could see the tell tale signs of bed bugs at least the signs I found on the internet. We encased all of our mattresses in bug proof cover that said to keep closed for 18 months and sprayed the heck out of the house.

I am thinking we were sold a used mattresses (returned) or our mattress was placed next to a discarded mattress in their delivery truck. My other issue is that I bought 2 of there expensive pillow with lifetime warranties. I exchanged mine a couple of times the first month because I just could find a pillow they carried to fit my needs. I ended up finally getting a refund, phew is all I can say. I found out when I returned it that they no longer had that program! Huh? How do you sell a program and after it's purchased pull it from the customer? Second time I have had this happen to me but I won't got into how Florida Leather Galleries sold me a care package for my $5000 plus furniture and then discontinued it with out a refund!

Yesterday, I decided I would return my husbands pillow just not right and the salesman looked at me like I had three head, never heard of it and didn't know what to do about it. Come back when the manager is there, he won't be in until Thursday and this was Sunday. This morning I called the store, the sales person called the district manager and I am allowed to return it once. That's fine but I paid over a hundred bucks for this pillow and all of their pillows are around $40. Just waiting to see if I get another pillow only or a refund on the difference. I would not recommend anyone to buy at this store when I think they are reselling return mattresses. That's just my personal opinion but buyer beware is all I have to say.

This is a continuation to my former complaint about Mattress Giant in Coon Rapids, MN. Today I looked at my receipts for a bed I bought the first of November. I returned this bed 14 days later and bought a different one. When I bought the first one, the saleslady charged me for a whole different more expensive bed, not the one I picked out. When I returned it, she gave me credit for the lesser priced bed (the one I picked out). It was about $180.00 difference. Then when I exchanged beds I had to pay another $211.00 to get a different bed.

Today I went to the store and a guy salesperson was there from Mattress Firm (they bought out Mattress Giant). He couldn't figure it out and after I got really bent out of shape trying to tell him that she ran up a different bed than I bought and didn't credit me back the right amount, he finally caved in and gave me $211.00 back on my card but he said he couldn't print me a receipt. He hand wrote on my sales receipt that he approved a credit and signed it.

I have had nothing but trouble with this company! They told me they would deliver my new set on a Saturday and I would be called. I never got called. I had to call the store. I was told it would come Monday. I left my house Saturday and they came with the new bed. So, I had to take time off work Monday. They came with 2 beds and couldn't figure out what one was mine and they didn't know they were taking one back. Not to mention that I asked to buy a box spring for another mattress I own. I got sold a cheap wooden foundation and I was not explained the difference. A friend of mine pointed it out to me that I was sold a cheap wood box, not a box spring like I wanted.

Mattress Giant is a scam artist. Now the new bed I have sinks in the middle. I contacted Mattress Firm headquarters and they are going to take it all back but I have to pick out a different bed. I am afraid I will get another piece of junk. Oh, let me back up and tell you the foundation for the first bed I got didn't even have the fabric on the bottom stapled across 2 sides - I had to get a staple gun and fix it. Buyer beware - you will get scammed.

I’m not satisfied with my mattress because of malfunction. My back is starting to hurt.

The first part of November 2011, I went to Mattress Giant in Coon Rapids, MN and bought a Simmons beauty rest plush bed that, in the store, felt very comfortable. I got the bed home and could not sleep on it. It was much much harder than the one in the store. I was told it takes time to break a bed in but they did let me exchange it for a more expensive Sealy posturepedic bed.

I had to pay about $250.00 for this bed. I was told the posturepedic is reinforced in the center area for more support in the midsection. I got the new bed and after sleeping in it for 4 nights, it is like sleeping in a pit. It sinks terrible in the middle when you lay on it. My friend who weighs 110 pounds even said she felt like she was being folded in half while she laid there. I went to the store today (11/25/11) and was told I am stuck with it as they already did a one time exchange for me.

I was told to file a warranty claim for it. I now read that if I do a warranty claim that I have to pay to transport the bed and to get it back, if they think it should be fixed. I'm sorry I did not research this company before I bought there. I spent $800.00 for a bed that I slept on 4 nights and have a major backpain from.

The bed is sagging and hurting our backs in less than a year of purchase. I have spoken with Mattress Giant personnel and they had me contact Simmons directly. After seven weeks, no one has taken care of this problem. No one wants to take the responsibility for inferior products. I am not sure whom to be more upset with--Mattress Giant or Simmons. I would not recommend these companies. I have had several beds within the last 20 years and have never had a complaint until now.

I would like to speak to someone about a mattress I bought at Mattress Giant in Vineland, NJ less than 2 years ago. One side of the bed has already started to lose its shape and its support and has started to hurt my back. Invoice # **.

Please inform me of the necessary steps I have to take. I have read many negative reports about this process and I hope this transaction is not one of them. Thank you.

The Gaint mattress we bought, we have complained about 2 times; mattress has springs that are coming though to the top of the mattress and the top is falling apart. This is the second mattress we have received and we had been calling from day one. They won't do anything about it. Don't buy any Gaint mattress.

During 4th quarter 2010, I purchased 2 pillows from Mattress Giant. The pillows were sold with a lifetime replacement warranty. The salesperson explained the pillows could always be returned for new ones at anytime. She explained there was no limit on the number of times they could be replaced. I inquired about replacement at other stores. She said they would always honor the warranty, at least, in the Jacksonville, FL stores.

Today I contacted the store about replacing the pillows and was told their policy has changed and only one replacement is being allowed. When I asked how they could just change the policy on something that has already been sold. I was told they have a new CEO and he cut out the lifetime replacement policy. He told me that if I came in to replace, I would have to sign something saying I understood I could no longer have lifetime replacement.

I 'm a former employee of Mattress Giant, and I know firsthand the complaints and problems customers have had with the company.

The biggest one of them all is the satisfaction exchange; where if a customer is unhappy with a mattress, can exchange the bed for a different one. The problem is they take the used mattress and send it out as new.

Also, the stain guard warranties they sell; they normally don’t tell the customer about the long process that they have to go through to exchange the bed.

Another thing they were bad for is taking the old bedding and selling it to another company to recover and resell. Since I was a delivery person, I heard many complaints from customers.

So, buyer beware and look at shopping somewhere else.

I am a consumer who was convinced by salesperson that this was the last mattress I would ever purchase, a Kingsdown Renaissance King and box spring mattress. Since purchase on 1-22-2007, I have had 4 claims which by the way are a real hassle. The company does everything possible to drag their feet. I had given up about a year ago paying over $3K for this King setup because of the hassle of receiving the claim kit, which consists of disposable camera, a measuring string, and weights. You have to take pictures showing indentations, imperfections, and dents which look like an off road vehicle was parked on top of the bed. It goes before a board or inquisition. And what determination they have made is what you get. So, you have to wait and wait until it gets so bad and make claim after claim until it meets their replacement criteria.

Had I known I had to go through this, we would have never gone with Mattress Giant. And I am telling you from a consumer experience, you do not want to go there. This will be the fourth claim, in which my wife and I went into the store. They no longer handle claims through the store. I was given a link to the www.matressgiant.com/warranty website. Well, it doesn't work. If I go to a reputable company like for instance Sears, they have a no hassle warranty and you get immediate assistance. Unlike Mattress Giant, you have to wait and wait. My wife and I both have back problems and this bed is trash. We no longer want to deal with this outfit and unable to process any warranty claims anymore. I plan to contact the store later today as the link is no good. I wanted to get this incident documented and for others to carefully ask questions before purchase and not make a decision by seeing it written in writing.

I have a few stories to tell regarding this particular store as I am fed up. On another occasion, I did receive a replacement bed only after delivery to find out that when they delivered and bent the bed around the corner, there was permanent damage. And the delivery company expected me to just wait for the dent to go away. We told them to get this bed out of here and we were going to have to wait a week. Well, by calling corporate headquarters, they had one replaced in 2-3 days. Again, this is the 3rd physical replacement thus far. I have been denied replacement once about a year ago and they want you to get fed up in hopes you will go away. I do not know what will happen regarding this claim I am pursuing. But when they say 20-year warranty for 3-4 thousand dollars, you would feel comfortable with a purchase.

We bought a mattress with warranty. Not even a year, I still owe my last payment and the mattress is buckled in the middle of the bed. You can not sleep on it. It was over $1200. I think I got ripped off. I called them but nothing was done. Don't get ripped off too, stay away from this company and store. Beware of fake warranty!

I bought 2 queen sets of mattress and foundation an invoice #*********They're getting out of shape; both sets are bulging outward and they are getting dents. They look like mountains.

I went to the Mattress Giant in Woburn and the man there was asleep I walked around for and tried a few beds then left. I left him sleeping. I was on my lunch hour so I didn't have much time. Later that night on my way home I decided to stop in at the store near my house because one of the beds seemed very comfortable and they advertise the same day delivery. I picked out the bed I saw at the other store I told the guy I wanted it and I wanted it delivered today. He laughed at me. I told him I didn't care how much it cost. He said it was not possible and I had to wait till Friday. So they advertise same day delivery but I couldn't even get it the next day? The man in there was giving me attitude and being extremely rude so I left. They should really hire some more professional people there!

I bought a Kingsdown Eloquence king size. After 2 months, the mattress is sagging. I notified them, and I needed to wait for they were in middle of coming out with new model. I waited 3 months. I could not sleep on mattress any longer, it was hurting my back. I went back to the store. They said I should try Collamore since they did not know when Kingsdown would come in. Well, after 3 months, this mattress is worse than Kingsdown; not only is it sagging on both sides, but the pain is now on my back shoulders, and my wife’s legs and back are hurting her too. We have bought about 4 mattresses from them in the last 8-9 years. Now we have to wait to see what they are going to do.

The purpose of this letter is to inform you of the unsatisfactory results when dealing with Giant Mattress Warranty and Magi Seal to find a solution to my mattress problems, which are described below. I requested that Giant Mattress replace my mattress and they have denied my claim. Following is my story.

On August 2010, I purchased a Kingsdown Estate Crown king size bed and two king foundations that exceeded an investment of $1K from Mattress Giant store in Miramar, Fl. On March 2010, I called Magi Seal to report a blood stain on the surface of the mattress within the 14 days of when the stain appeared, which was removed with the cleaning product that was sent via mail. On May/June 2010, I called Magi Seal within the 14 days of when the stain appeared to report the following: a second stain on the mattress of coffee and mold/mildew on the back side of the mattress. The material that surrounds the inside of the mattress (glue) on the backside shows stains.

I proceeded to use the cleaning product that was sent as a result of my second phone call. As a result, the stains listed above were not removed. On June 2010, I called Magi Seal to report that the stains were not removed and to request that a professional technician service my mattress. On June 19, 2010, a professional technician serviced my mattress; However, he was not able to remove any of the stains or mold/mildew from the mattress.

On June 22, 2010, I called Magi Seal to verify if they had received the professional technician's report indicating that the stains and mold/mildew were not removed and to understand the process to replace the mattress. During this phone call, Magi Seal's customer rep informed me that my mattress would not be replaced. I am concerned about her (Rebeca) judgment, as she is making a decision without having received the professional technician's report. She mentioned that I had not informed Magi Seal that I had a new stain on the mattress during my second phone call and that the Giant Guard treatment does not guarantee the removal of stains! She also mentioned that Magi Seal would not cover the stains as a result of the mattress materials or the mold/mildew.

In June 23, 2010, I called Giant Mattress Warranty and spoke with Becky Walker who asked me to email her the mattress pictures attached. I finally got hold of her on July 1, 2010 when she confirmed that the mattress material couldn't produce stains on the mattress. Therefore, the mattress will not be replaced.

I am very unsatisfied with the manner which Giant Mattress warranty and Magi Seal's customer reps managed my claims. They lacked customer service skills; they did not return phone calls or emails, and they were not sympathetic to my concerns or showed interest in keeping me as a satisfied customer.

I will never buy from this company again and I hope that you consider other brands before this one. Good luck!

This is absolutely the worst company I have ever dealt with. I am not the complaining-type of consumer by any means. This is my first time I have even tried to give a bad review about anything. I feel it is absolutely necessary for me to speak up now, as I have been screwed for such a hefty sum. I bought the most expensive mattress/set that this company offered less than 1 year ago. I have been riddled with back and hip problems for years, getting therapy and everything. As a result, I thought buying a very expensive mattress would help me sleep at least part of the night (without waking in pain).

The mattress I bought was the 'Collamore Euro Plush' and it cost me over $3500. The snake-oil salesman assured me it was the single best seller the company had. He also assured me it was such a 'quality' product, and that they offer a 20-year warranty (as opposed to 10, which is what most mattresses carry). I asked him why I should buy from his store rather than go right next door to Jordan's (or any other company). He assured me it was the 'quality of their customer service that sets them apart'. It’s absolutely a lie, as I would soon find out.

I thought the original price of $4200 was just a bit pricey. I simply asked if he had a deal to throw in a free pillow or something. At that point, he offered immediately to give us the frame and bedsprings free, with savings of over $1000 cash. Plus, he gave us free pillows and a mattress pad. Obviously, anyone who pays sticker price here is a total sucker, as they have these built in discounts/scams that seem just plain fraudulent. I was hardly expecting (much less asking) for such a huge price reduction. I think it shows how dishonest this company is, right from the start. Anyway, they delivered the set on time as promised. The delivery company, in and of itself, is deserving of their own complaint. I was absolutely frightened, to say the least, by what showed up. The total process took well over an hour, which probably could have been done in 20 minutes by a legitimate moving company. They also broke a piece of moulding off my antique banister.

After only 1 night sleeping on this bed, my wife and I noticed it was sagging. It was not even slight. It honestly felt as though a 700-pound person had slept in the middle of this bed for 10 years, and then we received it. We called to complain. After 3 miserable weeks, we returned this mattress. The slick salesman convinced us it was but a fluke, and that another mattress would surely be correct. He also insisted we could return the mattresses (under warranty) as many times as needed and still not affect our '90-day comfort exchange'. We received a new mattress roughly 1 month after the first was delivered. It came on time, with an equally lousy experience. After another terrifying hour of smashing around my house, the new mattress was in place. This one was noticeably straighter than the first. After about 1 blissful week, one side of this mattress was sagging, noticeably. We thought it was our imagination, and tried ignoring it. But it only became more pronounced.

Mattress Giant would not take this mattress back. They offer only one way to prove the mattress is sagging. And because it is only one side that is flawed, we failed the test. Somehow we are not right here in our suffering, and the Giant will not acknowledge that we have yet another defective mattress. This obviously means we are lying about our discomfort, and are somehow trying to affect their ability to turn a profit. We tried to complain again. One week before our '90-day comfort exchange' period was up, we planned to return the mattress for a different one, yet another scam in and of itself. This company messes with the invoice so that the actual discount is not free springs and frame, but a discounted mattress. This means that to swap this mattress for another one would entail us paying a lot more cash for a less expensive bed!

I called the store to inform them I wanted to just get another bed (since this was obviously not a fluke, as promised, but a legitimate defect). They told us we were 'not allowed to return the mattress for a comfort issue, since we already returned it for a warranty issue. This means that the original salesman lied to us. As a result, my wife and I paid over $3500 to sleep in a bed. This requires we swap sides every night, so that the same person doesn't suffer regularly. It seems absolutely impossible that I would go to a store, buy the most expensive mattress they have, and be stuck suffering with a defect. I have even tried selling the mattress under the assumption that it was not defective (as Mattress Giant insists). I was actually yelled at by a potential buyer for trying to sell him a defective item!

The bottom line is this: buying from this company is at your own risk, at best. If you are fortunate to get through the pricing scam, without paying the 'sucker-price', and don't have anything bad happen by the delivery 'service', you can expect that Mattress Giant will absolutely lie and do everything in their power to not make good on their promises or policies. Good luck calling their 'customer service' hotline. They answer “hello”, and then gives you a scary attitude while providing no help. I was convinced the 800 number leads to a jail cell someplace. I wasted $3500 plus on a bed that is so obviously defective, that my wife and I are forced to alternate sides nightly just to minimize each others' suffering. With my existing back and hip problems so bad, when it is my turn to be on the defective side, I end up on the couch within an hour or two.

I went to purchase a bed from the store and no one was in the store or so I thought. Upon further investigation, I realized someone was in the store. I waited for awhile thinking someone was just in the stock room doing business as usual but a few minuets turned to a few more. I knocked (not loud enough) and opened the door and what I saw appalled me, the employees were having sexual sorts of relations in the stock room. I understand it may get boring at that type of job, but use some sort of restraint! If I had my children with me and if they saw anything they would have been traumatized. I don't know if they saw me because I left ASAP and will never return!

I bought a brand-new latex mattress for $2025.65 less than a year ago. When I went to rotate my bed, I noticed mold covering the bottom of my mattress. I took off the protective cover I purchased at Mattress Giant and found no mold, wet spots, stains, or anything on the top or sides of the mattress, only on the bottom. I called Mattress Giant and did a claim form online. They denied the online claim.

Then a service person from Mattress Giant was sent. He inspected the mattress and said the mold was coming from inside the mattress and that it was probably due to moisture or humidity in the warehouse where the mattress came from. He verified that there was no mold or stains anywhere else in the mattress, platform, or room. I was also told that the store should call me to approve the exchange of the mattress. However, the sales person at the store said it would not approve it.

Not only have we been sick for the last 8 months, not knowing why until now, but we are out over $2,000 for the mattress. We cannot continue to use this mattress, and we had to pay $250 cleaning the vents in the A/C because we thought this was the cause of all our allergies and sickness. Now we see that it was the mattress.

I bought a Sealy Mattres Warrender Ultra Plush king set on 03/03/2007 for $3,306.19. After one year, it started to sag where I sleep. I called the store and they said that it had to be 1-1/2" before the warranty would be in effect. When I wasn't in it, the sag was about 1". It is the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept in. I was 60 years old when I bought the mattress, thinking that I would never need another one in my lifetime. I don't have a lot of money, but I thought sleeping in a comfortable bed was worth the money. Now, I have to buy another mattress that I can't afford.

Mattress Giant Company Profile