Mattress Discounters is now owned and operated by Mattress Firm. Please click on this link to visit the Mattress Firm page for further assistance.
  2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.18/5
This company is out of businessFind other companies

At Mattress Discounters, we take pride in differentiating the shopping experience and work hard to take care of our customers' needs. Our unique approach at Mattress Discounters results in satisfied customers who benefit from a good night's sleep and wake up feeling rejuvenated, and ready for the day.

It's why we've been in business for over 30 years servicing our communities. We understand that buying a mattress is an important decision and our professionally trained Sleep Counselors are ready and willing to guide you through the process. We are committed to providing you outstanding service and stand behind the products we sell for years of comfort and satisfaction.

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

Mattress Discounters Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mattress Discounters?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mattress Discounters?

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

Convinced we received a knock off of lesser quality mattress - My husband and I purchased the Restonic Healthrest Cascade mattress for over $1600 from the Robinson, PA location nearly 3 years ago. The moment the mattress arrived, we thought we received the wrong mattress, as it was hard and felt NOTHING like the mattress we tested in the store. We were told that many times the mattress takes time to break in as the ones in the store were tested. I have made multiple trips to other locations to test this same mattress and it is NOT the same quality.

Now three years later, the mattress we purchased is still as hard and unsupportive as ever and has caused circulation problems and pain for both my husband and I. While the tag states this is the mattress we received, I am not convinced as simple test in store will prove otherwise. As per our doctor, we were highly advised to get rid of this mattress. I am hoping, that due to the nature of our experience, an exception will be made to allow of us exchange this for another, even LESS EXPENSIVE, mattress.

Dear Christina & Ken,

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered. We would like to address your concerns and will have a specialist assigned to your case who reach out to you for further assistance. Case # 02179195.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

I financed a SEALY FIRM mattress and box spring through Progressive Leasing at Mattress Discounters in June 2014. The mattress was really expensive but I needed a good mattress for my back -- well here we are January 2017 and the mattress has become so lumpy it is making my back hurt even more so I have resorted to sleeping on my couch. This mattress is not old enough for it to getting lumpy so soon - I mean it, it has not even been 5 years yet.

I called Mattress Discounters and was told they are no longer Mattress Discounters but have changed their name to Mattress Firm and didn't have a file on me because Mattress Discounters took all their files with them when they changed their names so he told me to call SEALY customer service directly. When I called Sealy customer service they were even worse -- they kept telling me there is nothing they can do because they needed information from a Tag that was on my mattress. I told them a Tag was never placed on my mattress - I never saw a Legal Tag on my mattress. The only tag on the mattress is the one at the top which states it is a Sealy Firm Mattress - after paying $1,235.19 for a full size mattress you are telling me that I need a "Tag" in order to replace my mattress. I need help and I need it fast... Can someone please call me. I need this mattress replaced ASAP!!

UPDATED ON 04/02/2017: I posted a response on here a few months ago and was able to get a very quick response from a Sleepy's representative. A few days later after I sent him pictures of my bed that I had purchased in July 2014 - I was sent a credit letter. I was excited that I was able to go and get a replacement mattress - the worse part about this story is that after having the NEW mattress for a little less than 2 months it is starting to sag again and that same back pain I was having from the first saggy mattress is coming back and I am now back to sleeping on my couch. At this point, I just want a refund so I can go to a reliable mattress store and purchase a mattress that won't sag after having it for less than 5 years or less than 2 months. It is ridiculous and I need some help asap. Please contact me so I can send you pics of the new mattress that is sagging again. You can come and get this mattress and just give me back my money.

Dear Pamela,

We are sorry to hear you are having an issue with your mattress. A specialist has been assigned to your account and will follow up with you for further assistance.

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2016

I have purchased queen size mattress on Jan 2016. My husband has a severe back pain because of this mattress and our doctor has suggested him to replace the mattress as our mattress is sinking on his side. If bed is empty then it looks perfect but once you are on the bed it will sink on both the sides and it's difficult to sleep on it. I called Mattress Discounters and they asked me to call claims dept, they have long hold and I am not able to talk to anyone. My money is stuck and now I need a solution as I have spent around $1200. Please call me or let me know what should I do.

Hi Nitin,

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. Utilizing the information provided, we were able to locate your invoice. Please allow 48 hours for a specialist to review your account and reach out to further address your concerns.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

Out of all of my big ticket item purchases, this is easily the worst purchase I have ever made. I bought the Sertapedic Brookstone Gel mattress & box spring a few months ago from the Mattress Discounters in Charlottesville, VA. I initially had no desire to buy a mattress that had memory foam because I've always heard that they hold body heat, which can make sleeping difficult.

The sales lady insisted that "newer model mattress are now made with cooling gels which combats the body heat issue and that the Sertapedic would be sleep perfectly fine". Shame on me for not listening to my instincts and thinking that a salesperson would have my best interests in mind over a sale! I now have to sleep with my a/c set at 69 or 70 degrees in addition to my ceiling fan EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. The mattress does not conform to your body, but just completely SINKS in the middle, so every morning I wake up with aching shoulders, a sore lower back and "pins" in my side. I won't even get into the issues that I had with delivery... That would be an entirely separate review. Overall, I feel completely duped and I would HIGHLY recommend potential buyers to look elsewhere.

Sheleigha,

We are sorry to hear you are unhappy with your mattress. We have located your account and a specialist will contact you for further assistance.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2016

I purchased a very expensive King Size Sealy Mattress from this place and had it delivered. The mattress sinks in on the left and right side and it is raised up in the middle. The mattress was supposed to have a warranty, but, they didn't disclose how hard it would be to go through the warranty process. I contacted Mattress Discounters to get a new Mattress and they said I had to go through their warranty claims approval company called "Mattress Marshals".

I called Mattress Marshals and they required me to take an extensive amount of photographs of the damaged area of the mattress. After removing my mattress cover and the sheets, I took plenty of pictures for Mattress Marshals and I uploaded the pictures in their website portal. I was contacted and told I would need to take more pictures. This is very discouraging, and as of today, MY back hurts from a faulty $1,000 Sealy Posturepedic mattress. This place is too expensive to act this way... I should have been able to drop off my mattress, show the evidence of a damaged mattress, and get a new one.

Olijah,

Sorry for any incontinence you may have experienced with our warranty claim process. We were able to locate your account and will have a specialist reach out to you for further assistance.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2016

I purchased a $1,400 Mattress from Mattress Discounters and it is the most lumpy and uncomfortable bed that I have ever tried sleeping on. I cannot sleep more than a few hours at a time and my back is wrecked. I need some help and so appreciate you taking the initiative to look into this for me. I have worked with their store location who referred me to their corporate office who referred me to their warranty department that is a 3rd party company. They asked me to send pictures of the bed with one of their measuring tools to determine if the bed is defective. It looks like a normal bed until someone lays down on it. All I wanted was a credit/Exchange and nothing. Their customer relations department acts if their hands are tied. I have never been so unhappy with a purchase of a product or with a company that was supposed to be reliable and reputable.

Good Morning Mr. Zitomer,

We are sorry to hear you are having issues with your mattress. Your account will be assigned to a specialist who will give you a call for further assistance.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2016

My boyfriend and I purchased 2 mattresses from here in July of 2015. A full size for my children and a queen size for us. They have been nothing like the floor model. We spend most of the night trying to get comfortable and wake up with back and neck aches. I tried to return the bed rails that we bought and they refused to take them back. We called into customer care, they would claim they can't find us in their system and even asked if I was sure that I purchased from them. I asked if I could get two twin size beds to replace the full size and I was instructed to go back to the store I purchased from. The store would then instruct me to call customer care. 6 months later and I have yet to get a resolution to this matter. I'll eventually have to purchase new needs. My family deserves a good night sleep or nap.

Dear Lawanda,

We regret any inconvenience you are currently experiencing. We have located your account and one of our specialists will contact you to work towards a resolution.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2016

Bought a full size mattress and box spring. Needed a new frame and headboard so decided to order it all together. Mattress and box spring were delivered fast and in good order. Took the frame home and waited weeks for the Fashion Bed Group Belmont headboard. Picked that up and seemed very lightweight and needed assembly using cheap hardware. Put it together and attached to the bed frame. In addition to being cheap and flimsy feeling, it attached for a full size to pieces attached to the legs but leaving 5 very visible holes in the legs which look horrible. The picture on the website of the headboard conveniently had something in front of the leg which is misleading. It also attaches for full size with "short" bolts which when the bed inevitably moves due to the cheap construction will put holes in my walls as they are far too long.

I went to the store to express the complete unsatisfactory nature of this product. The gentleman at the store made some calls and I just got a call back that Mattress Discounters will do... Nothing. A shame as it shows they do not seem to care about customer satisfaction. This headboard will wind up in the garbage and was a complete waste of money for a substandard (and grossly overpriced for such poor quality) product. The folks in the store were fine to deal with. The corporation, not so much which will make me go elsewhere next time.

Dear Robert,

We apologize if you have experienced any complications with your recent purchase. We welcome the opportunity to speak with you to further address your concerns. We have located your account and will assign it to a Consumer Relations Representative who will reach out to you and address your concerns.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2015

We bought a (new) mattress @ Mattress Discounters in Culpeper VA. We tried it and loved it in the showroom but when it arrived it wasn't at all like it. My husband fell out onto the floor and hurt his shoulder and back. The sides of the bed sink so much, it isn't safe.

Dear Carrie,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We strive to exceed our customer’s expectations daily and would love the opportunity to address your concerns. We have created a Case # 01478936 and someone from our Customer Relations Department will contacting you shortly.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2015

NEVER EVER BUY FROM THIS PLACE!!! The $1400.00 Cal King bed I tested in the store was not the bed delivered to my home. I think they refurbished, recover and resale these beds. NOT NEW - NO WAY. Salesperson tried to tell me that my body will get used to the new bed in time. I am over 50 and I know a good bed from a bad bed. Had to exchange less the 30 days (No refunds only store credit). Big hassle with the corporate office to get the bed exchanged. They tried everything they could to not give me an exchange. It cost me an additional $700.00 for re-stock fee of old bed plus the difference in price of the new bed .

When the exchanged bed was delivered (had the same damn problem). I even told the delivery person the bed did not feel like the bed I tested in the store and the mattress was much thinner. He told me to call the store and talk to the manager and left my home. I am currently stuck with a Cal King bed less than a year old sinking on both sides with a big hump in the middle, no support at all. Why is the bed sunk on both sides? I'm single, no one sleeps on the other side of the bed and it's sunk in. Don't bother with this place. Go to Sleep Train or Macy's. Stay away. Just waiting for my tax return and I will junk this bed and purchase one from a reputable company. Stay away! Stay away! Stay away! I wish I could give - zero stars.

Mattress Discounters response

Hi Della - Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We regret any inconvenience you may have encountered. We can assure you that our customers are very important to us and we are anxious to retain you as a satisfied customer. Please email us at social@mattress.com and provide your Invoice Number or Customer Code along with your telephone number and the best time to reach you. Please reference case number 01431722 in the email subject. A specialist will then review the information provided and will contact you to work towards a resolution. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to assist you.

Mattress Discounters Company Information