Resolution In Progress

Hi Nitin,

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. Utilizing the information provided, we were able to locate your invoice. Please allow 48 hours for a specialist to review your account and reach out to further address your concerns.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2016

I have purchased queen size mattress on Jan 2016. My husband has a severe back pain because of this mattress and our doctor has suggested him to replace the mattress as our mattress is sinking on his side. If bed is empty then it looks perfect but once you are on the bed it will sink on both the sides and it's difficult to sleep on it. I called Mattress Discounters and they asked me to call claims dept, they have long hold and I am not able to talk to anyone. My money is stuck and now I need a solution as I have spent around $1200. Please call me or let me know what should I do.

Sheleigha,

We are sorry to hear you are unhappy with your mattress. We have located your account and a specialist will contact you for further assistance.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

Out of all of my big ticket item purchases, this is easily the worst purchase I have ever made. I bought the Sertapedic Brookstone Gel mattress & box spring a few months ago from the Mattress Discounters in Charlottesville, VA. I initially had no desire to buy a mattress that had memory foam because I've always heard that they hold body heat, which can make sleeping difficult.

The sales lady insisted that "newer model mattress are now made with cooling gels which combats the body heat issue and that the Sertapedic would be sleep perfectly fine". Shame on me for not listening to my instincts and thinking that a salesperson would have my best interests in mind over a sale! I now have to sleep with my a/c set at 69 or 70 degrees in addition to my ceiling fan EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. The mattress does not conform to your body, but just completely SINKS in the middle, so every morning I wake up with aching shoulders, a sore lower back and "pins" in my side. I won't even get into the issues that I had with delivery... That would be an entirely separate review. Overall, I feel completely duped and I would HIGHLY recommend potential buyers to look elsewhere.

Olijah,

Sorry for any incontinence you may have experienced with our warranty claim process. We were able to locate your account and will have a specialist reach out to you for further assistance.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2016

I purchased a very expensive King Size Sealy Mattress from this place and had it delivered. The mattress sinks in on the left and right side and it is raised up in the middle. The mattress was supposed to have a warranty, but, they didn't disclose how hard it would be to go through the warranty process. I contacted Mattress Discounters to get a new Mattress and they said I had to go through their warranty claims approval company called "Mattress Marshals".

I called Mattress Marshals and they required me to take an extensive amount of photographs of the damaged area of the mattress. After removing my mattress cover and the sheets, I took plenty of pictures for Mattress Marshals and I uploaded the pictures in their website portal. I was contacted and told I would need to take more pictures. This is very discouraging, and as of today, MY back hurts from a faulty $1,000 Sealy Posturepedic mattress. This place is too expensive to act this way... I should have been able to drop off my mattress, show the evidence of a damaged mattress, and get a new one.

Good Morning Mr. Zitomer,

We are sorry to hear you are having issues with your mattress. Your account will be assigned to a specialist who will give you a call for further assistance.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2016

I purchased a $1,400 Mattress from Mattress Discounters and it is the most lumpy and uncomfortable bed that I have ever tried sleeping on. I cannot sleep more than a few hours at a time and my back is wrecked. I need some help and so appreciate you taking the initiative to look into this for me. I have worked with their store location who referred me to their corporate office who referred me to their warranty department that is a 3rd party company. They asked me to send pictures of the bed with one of their measuring tools to determine if the bed is defective. It looks like a normal bed until someone lays down on it. All I wanted was a credit/Exchange and nothing. Their customer relations department acts if their hands are tied. I have never been so unhappy with a purchase of a product or with a company that was supposed to be reliable and reputable.

Dear Lawanda,

We regret any inconvenience you are currently experiencing. We have located your account and one of our specialists will contact you to work towards a resolution.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2016

My boyfriend and I purchased 2 mattresses from here in July of 2015. A full size for my children and a queen size for us. They have been nothing like the floor model. We spend most of the night trying to get comfortable and wake up with back and neck aches. I tried to return the bed rails that we bought and they refused to take them back. We called into customer care, they would claim they can't find us in their system and even asked if I was sure that I purchased from them. I asked if I could get two twin size beds to replace the full size and I was instructed to go back to the store I purchased from. The store would then instruct me to call customer care. 6 months later and I have yet to get a resolution to this matter. I'll eventually have to purchase new needs. My family deserves a good night sleep or nap.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mattress Discounters?

Dear Robert,

We apologize if you have experienced any complications with your recent purchase. We welcome the opportunity to speak with you to further address your concerns. We have located your account and will assign it to a Consumer Relations Representative who will reach out to you and address your concerns.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2016

Bought a full size mattress and box spring. Needed a new frame and headboard so decided to order it all together. Mattress and box spring were delivered fast and in good order. Took the frame home and waited weeks for the Fashion Bed Group Belmont headboard. Picked that up and seemed very lightweight and needed assembly using cheap hardware. Put it together and attached to the bed frame. In addition to being cheap and flimsy feeling, it attached for a full size to pieces attached to the legs but leaving 5 very visible holes in the legs which look horrible. The picture on the website of the headboard conveniently had something in front of the leg which is misleading. It also attaches for full size with "short" bolts which when the bed inevitably moves due to the cheap construction will put holes in my walls as they are far too long.

I went to the store to express the complete unsatisfactory nature of this product. The gentleman at the store made some calls and I just got a call back that Mattress Discounters will do... Nothing. A shame as it shows they do not seem to care about customer satisfaction. This headboard will wind up in the garbage and was a complete waste of money for a substandard (and grossly overpriced for such poor quality) product. The folks in the store were fine to deal with. The corporation, not so much which will make me go elsewhere next time.

Dear Carrie,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We strive to exceed our customer’s expectations daily and would love the opportunity to address your concerns. We have created a Case # 01478936 and someone from our Customer Relations Department will contacting you shortly.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2015

We bought a (new) mattress @ Mattress Discounters in Culpeper VA. We tried it and loved it in the showroom but when it arrived it wasn't at all like it. My husband fell out onto the floor and hurt his shoulder and back. The sides of the bed sink so much, it isn't safe.

Mattress Discounters

Hi Della - Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We regret any inconvenience you may have encountered. We can assure you that our customers are very important to us and we are anxious to retain you as a satisfied customer. Please email us at social@mattress.com and provide your Invoice Number or Customer Code along with your telephone number and the best time to reach you. Please reference case number 01431722 in the email subject. A specialist will then review the information provided and will contact you to work towards a resolution. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to assist you.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2015

NEVER EVER BUY FROM THIS PLACE!!! The $1400.00 Cal King bed I tested in the store was not the bed delivered to my home. I think they refurbished, recover and resale these beds. NOT NEW - NO WAY. Salesperson tried to tell me that my body will get used to the new bed in time. I am over 50 and I know a good bed from a bad bed. Had to exchange less the 30 days (No refunds only store credit). Big hassle with the corporate office to get the bed exchanged. They tried everything they could to not give me an exchange. It cost me an additional $700.00 for re-stock fee of old bed plus the difference in price of the new bed .

When the exchanged bed was delivered (had the same damn problem). I even told the delivery person the bed did not feel like the bed I tested in the store and the mattress was much thinner. He told me to call the store and talk to the manager and left my home. I am currently stuck with a Cal King bed less than a year old sinking on both sides with a big hump in the middle, no support at all. Why is the bed sunk on both sides? I'm single, no one sleeps on the other side of the bed and it's sunk in. Don't bother with this place. Go to Sleep Train or Macy's. Stay away. Just waiting for my tax return and I will junk this bed and purchase one from a reputable company. Stay away! Stay away! Stay away! I wish I could give - zero stars.

Mattress Discounters

Hi Joshua - Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We regret any inconvenience you may have encountered. We can assure you that our customers are very important to us and we are anxious to retain you as a satisfied customer. We have located your account and a specialist will review the information provided and will contact you to work towards a resolution. The case number for your claim is 01427880. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to assist you.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2015

I bought a mattress back in September of 2014 and have been making payments on it since then thinking that I had received the promotion I was promised which was supposed to be 24 months no interest. I open a statement that was sent to me recently and it is showing I only received 1 yr interest free and now I will have to start paying 33% interest on the mattress after a yr. I spent 1400 on a mattress and would have been making more than the minimum payments instead I was duped into thinking I was getting 2yrs no interest. This is ridiculous. I would have slept on the floor before I agreed to such a crazy interest amount. I will never buy another mattress from this company again and will be sure to tell everyone I know not to either.

Hi Jennifer,

Original review: Aug. 15, 2015

I bought a mattress from Mattress Discounters on 6/27/15. The store rep was extremely nice and helpful. I told him that I was concerned about liking the mattress and the price as I had seen the mattress cheaper at Macy's and Sears. He told me that was OK because I had up to 90 days once delivered to give them the price of ANY other place that sold the same or comparable product and they would match the price guaranteed. I told him I was unsure if I should get the box spring as the mattress seemed about double the thickness of my mattress from the West Coast, and I had special frame that had sliders underneath that held pelican cases that I travel with for work and they are in place to put little pressure on my back. I am just under 5 feet tall and explained that I felt the bed would be too high.

He assured me that if I was unhappy in any way, I could RETURN the mattress and box-spring. We discussed the paper he was having me sign and he said he would call his manager and work out a "special" deal for me and that what the paper said did not apply. That to get my business and so I did not go to the competition, they would offer free delivery (which they offer to everyone as I now see online - really "special"). They would work with me so I could return my mattress or box-spring, and again, assured me that I had 90 days to find the mattress or box-spring or set cheaper from their competitor. My frame was delivered, I put the mattress on and it was clear the box-spring made it absurdly high.

I called on July 9 to return my box-spring. I proceeded to get the run around while spending 9.6 hrs (recorded by work on my work cell) on the phone between various customer service reps and the original salesman. The original salesman admitted to telling me everything above and the customer service reps acknowledged I was given false information by one of their employees. I could have sold the box-spring to 3 different people (including a roommate moving in a few weeks after me) for half the price (as it is online for $120 brand new and I paid an absurd price of $268.69) but I lost those opportunities because I continued to be promised that I could return it and that the person I was working with just had to run it past their regional manager.

And then he didn't call back because he was on vacation. And then he didn't call back because he had an allergic reaction and was out for a week. And then finally I was told they never do exchanges, there is no "90 day price match" after delivery. I too wish I read the thousands of unbelievably horrible reviews online. I don't know how the people that work at this company can treat human beings this way and live with themselves. I'd rather me and my family live in a box on the side of the road and not have jobs than work at a place that intentionally lies to people and ruins their lives. Because of this incident, I've had to take on a weekend job for the next 2 months to make up for the absurd cost and the number of hours I've missed at work to deal with this.

My only godsend is a family friend who knows Mr. Stephen Gunn, CEO, and will be setting up some time so I can explain exactly my situation, who I dealt with, the verbal contracts that were made, how I was intentionally lied to, and how even when that was confirmed, I was told there was nothing customer service could do about it except offer me another useless boxspring and keep what they wanted all along - my money. It is great staring at a boxspring that is still in plastic, never touched, never used, still leaning against the wall from when it was delivered. Completely useless. Thank you Mattress Discounters!

Mattress Discounters

Hi Anna - Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We regret any inconvenience you may have encountered. We can assure you that our customers are very important to us and we are anxious to retain you as a satisfied customer. We have located your account and a specialist will review the information provided and will contact you to work towards a resolution. The case number for your claim is 01394218. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to assist you.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2015

Mattress Discounters need to be sued big time and if I am the first one to do it then so be it... at least I am a lawyer and you can't ** a lawyer. On Saturday I went to buy a mattress. I spent $1400 in that store and was told that if I am not satisfied with the mattress, I can exchange it with a much softer version. The mattress was delivered the next day. They didn't even call to tell me that they are on their way and I was still in bed at 7:55 AM but that's a whole different issue.

On Monday morning I woke up with soreness and pain running up and down my body with major headaches... I called the store right away to tell them I will be exchanging the mattress with a much softer version. I spoke to a different sales rep. He told me to come and and test the softer version, so I headed straight there after work. In the store the sales guy told me he has to get authorization from his manager for the exchange and that he will be in the morning. He promised to call me after he spoke to him.

The next day no phone call so I called and asked what the deal was. He said that I had to wait 30 days before returning it. I told him I wasn't going to endure pain for 30 days sleeping on the bed that is uncomfortable for my health and that I needed the bed exchanged. He said to call the main customer service number and go through them. I told him he was my customer service and that this is bad business and fraud. I told him I will see him in court and that no sound-minded judge would allow consumers to be treated this way. I also did contact the lousy customer service and I was told the same nonsense. I should have done my research and read these reviews before going to that store. So lesson learned... I will never ever buy anything from that store again and will let the world know not to do business with Mattress Discounters... they are bunch of liars and thieves. I am not thinking of filing a small claims against these **.

Good Afternoon Tricia,

Unfortunately we are not affiliated with the Mattress Discounters in CA. We were able to locate their contact information. Please refer to the following link. http://www.saveatmd.com/contact-mattress-center. We apologize we are not able to further assist you.

Original review: June 30, 2015

My husband and I purchased a floor model Sealy Bridgepoint Queen mattress a few weeks ago from Sports Arena San Diego location. Cannot relay the disappointment. The mattress has deep dip in middle, the edges and bottom of bed are firm, leading us to believe the mattress was used. Seems crazy that mattress would be in such poor condition after being floor model. Sales associate explained since it was floor model, we couldn't return. I'm going to have to contact an atty, because this is blatant deception. If mattresses are supposed to last, endure for years, how could a floor model present such use? So unhappy with our purchase. : (

Mattress Discounters

Good Afternoon Mr. Hossain, unfortunately we have no affiliation with the Mattress Discounters located in your area. Please reach out to them at 888.233.0091, they will be able to better assist you.

Original review: June 9, 2015

We bought two mattresses and a couch from this place around 2.5 months ago. The more expensive mattress (full size, around $600, 2014 model) is already shagging in the middle. If we lay down it shags like 5", which didn't happen before. So we have contacted the seller named ** (same person who sold it) and he informed us that they don't have return policy. However, we can exchange it by paying more money (2015 model, around $200 more, which they didn't have when we bought the mattress 2.5 months ago!!) or we can go with warranty.

Their warranty policy is very very tricky. You have to measure the sinking area by putting light weights on the both side, you can use lace or thread to tie the weights. And shagging have to be at least 1.5". This is their trick. We have more body weight but while using 0.5lb on both side doesn't justify the shagging. For our brand new mattress, which is shagging only 1.3" with the light weights, which doesn't justify the real shagging. So we won't qualify for warranty until its 1.5". Why a brand new mattress will shag within two months to begin with? It's very uncomfortable and we feel cheated with their policy.

Please know about it before buying. Btw, you will have to go online to submit a form and after so many days someone will show up for inspection. If they don't find 1.5" shagging, they will charge you $50. Even though we are sure that our mattress is defected and shagging is very visible but we aren't submitting an inspection request since it's not 1.5" yet! They just lost a customer.

My husband and I purchased an iComfort bed in January 2015. We purchased a floor model, understanding clearly that the usual warranty didn't apply. The bed we purchased wasn't the floor model we tried, but a floor model from another location. The salesperson assured us the bed was in excellent condition and that we were getting a wonderful deal. She said the bed would already be "broken in." Boy, was that ever the truth.

We brought the bed home and we immediately had that sick feeling that we made a horrible mistake, but we hoped for the best that things would work out in time. The bed got worse very quickly, and turned into a "V" shape when we sat on the edge of the bed or laid down. After a couple of months, the bed became so painful that I had to sleep in the guest room while my husband slept on the side of the bed that wasn't quite so broken down.

The inspector came, took pictures (I have copies), and we saw her write down 3/4 inch sag. (Much more than that -- mattress was broken down but it didn't show.) We felt assured that Mattress Discounters would honor their agreement and make it good, but they called the next day and declined the application. We bought a topper in hopes that it would prolong the life of the bed for at least a few months, but we could only tolerate it three weeks. We decided that Mattress Discounters would never come through for us and expecting anything different was a waste of time, so we bought a Tempur-Pedic bed at a different store. (Not a floor model.) They hauled our $2,000 bed to the dump, where it belonged in the first place. We feel that the saleswoman swindled us and Mattress Discounters went along with it. We are out $2,000 and I still have hopes that the store will do something to rectify this situation.

I purchased a mattress on Saturday, 5/9/15, they delivered it the same evening. Saturday night I went to bed, woke up with bed bug bites on my outer thighs, and my back. I slept on the couch, Sunday night, Monday & Tuesday night. I figured out they were bed bug bites. Wednesday, went by the store to let them know and see what they were going to do about it. The guy assured me, they'd have another box spring and mattress delivered the same day and that he would call me and an hour went by he didn't call, so I called the store, was told he was with a customer and he'd call me back. No call after two hours.

Went back to the store, was told to go straight home and take photos of the tags of the mattress and email them to discounters1@hotmail.com, did that about 6:30 pm. Received an email this morning, saying "Hi **. The mattress and the box spring are made by Southerland sleep a 122 year old mattress company that only uses All new materials in their mattresses as specified in all their law tags. These mattresses are all shipped to our warehouse in sealed bags and warehoused in a sanitized facility with more than 700 other brand new sealed mattresses and transported on our own trucks which we don't even pick up any old mattresses or furniture from our customers' houses which is sometimes a reason we have to turn down some business when we get asked to do so.

As shown the mattress was manufactured 4-29-15 and the box was manufactured 5-6-15 which both the mattress and the box were delivered from the manufacturer to you in less than 2 weeks. Unfortunately we're unable to pick up a mattress that contains bedbugs and put it in our trucks." Now the problem I'm having is, the dates on the tags say they are delivery dates, and the company refurbish beds, which was not disclosed at the time of purchase, they have all these beds with name brand tags and they purchase the beds from a company that refurbish beds. Also, it is my understanding that the salesman didn't even know where the beds came from until I forwarded him photos of the tags on the beds.

I will contact three on your side, because I had never been bit before I slept in that bed that one night. My townhouse isn't infested with the bed bugs yet, I will also contact my finance company and let them know what my issues are and to see if they will stop payments to that company. I want a refund so I can go elsewhere to purchase a brand new bed. I actually bought over $1700 worth of furniture from this place. There isn't an order number on the sales receipt.

We purchased a very expensive pillow top mattress a few years ago, plus a mattress protector. Within 3-4 years it started sinking and having issues. We tried getting through to the 10 year warranty department. Every time we tried emailing a request and failed online. Finally the email went through and someone came and inspected the mattress. Now we got a call saying, because of a stain from our sheets, they of course won't replace the mattress. The stain cover fell apart very quickly so our red sheets stained an area. We spent well over $2,000 on our mattress and it didn't hold up a few years. That's like spending nearly $1,000 a year to own a mattress. 10 years, that kind of money makes sense!!! They do this on purpose, I'm sure!!

Good afternoon Heather,

We apologize if you have experienced any complications with your recent purchase. We welcome the opportunity to speak with you to further address your concerns. We have located your account and will assign it to a Consumer Relations Representative who will contact you to address your concerns.

Original review: March 5, 2015

My husband and I went to a Mattress Discounters store on February 16 (Mattress Discounters is owned by Sleepy's). We had spent 4 years saving for and researching a Tempurpedic bed and were ready to purchase. We ended up with a King size with a few upgrades and our final bill was over $5,000. When you pay that much money for ANYthing, you should be a customer a company treats with respect. Frankly, it doesn't matter how much you spend, customers should be valued because where would you be without them???

At the in-store appointment, we specifically described our stairs/house and asked the salesperson if there would be a problem getting a king size bed up to the second floor. He assured us that it would not be a problem and that a Tempurpedic mattress bends "significantly" compared to regular mattresses. We set the delivery date for March 4 and I worked from home and arranged for my mother to pick the kids up from school. It should be noted as well, I am 6 months pregnant. The delivery window was 11-3. The temperature outside was 45 degrees. Three men arrived around 2 pm to deliver the bed. I put the dog away as instructed, and the bedroom was clear and ready for delivery. We gave our previous bed to my brother and had no place to sleep until our new bed arrived.

The first delivery man walked into the house and looked at our stairs and said, IMMEDIATELY, "The mattress won't fit. It's frozen and won't bend. We'll have to leave it here and come back another day to install it." To say the least, I was speechless. I told him what we had been told at the store. He maintained he couldn't do anything about it. I asked to speak to his supervisor on the phone. During that time, the two other men came into the house. I was uncomfortable, VERY upset, and outnumbered. The woman I was given to speak to as their "supervisor" told me the same thing about the "frozen" mattress and I said they haven't even tried to bring it in.

She said they could do that, but probably it wouldn't work and we'd have to wait until FRIDAY (two days later) because they didn't have any other deliveries available. I told the men to please try to bring the mattress up the stairs and asked this woman to speak to HER supervisor. After a 10-15 minute hold, during which time the men tried (but not very hard) to bring the mattress up and could not, I was put on the phone with "**" who later identified himself as the "Customer Care Manager" of the entire company.

In fact, later when I told him I would be complaining and sending a complaint, he told me he would be the one reading it so there would be no recourse. The FIRST thing this man said to me on the phone was "Is the mattress frozen?" I am a consumer. I am not a Tempurpedic salesperson, employee, delivery person, or even someone who has slept on it before. I said "I didn't know, but that is what they said." He told me I needed to feel it and see if it bent.

So, in front of the THREE strange men in my house who had told me that it was frozen, this "customer care manager" asked me to prove that they were lying. I felt it and it was cold (we bought a mattress with cooling gel/Breeze technology) and it DID bend when I pushed it. I told ** this. He then asked me if I would like to give the delivery man permission to try to "force" the mattress up because if it IS frozen it could "break" the mattress and the delivery man/Sleepy's was NOT LIABLE for that.

I told him there was no way I could say "Yes" to that request and that was absolutely ridiculous to ask of me, the customer. At this point, the customer care manager, **, gave me NO other options, NONE, except a Friday installation during which time a large King mattress would stay in my hallway on the main floor of our small townhouse (reminder, I am pregnant and have two young children) in order to "thaw" the mattress. There would also be nowhere for me to sleep. I informed him that this was absolutely not a satisfactory solution to this problem and that I was pregnant and could not sleep on the floor.

I asked him SEVERAL questions to which he had no answer. "Are all your other deliveries in Florida? Because otherwise you would have encountered this MANY MANY times before and have solutions." "Why did the salesperson not tell us that this could POSSIBLY happen when we ordered the mattress in February for an early March delivery? (his answer here was that he would "look into it")

"Why did you wait until the END of my delivery window if you knew the mattress was frozen (he had said earlier that it was sitting outside all night after being in the truck so he wasn't surprised it could be frozen) so that they could let it thaw and come back later in the day." (His answer was that this would have been good, but it's too late now.)

FINALLY, I asked him where I was supposed to sleep and he had no answer. I asked many many many times how he was going to make this right. He continued to say "by delivering on Friday." At one point he asked if I had "anyone who could help me carry the mattress up to the second floor later tonight if they left it." I reminded him AGAIN that I was pregnant. And had ONE husband. They send THREE young, healthy delivery men to carry that mattress up. How is that even a question he could ask me?? He was UNempathetic, and not creative in any way in thinking of solutions.

Meanwhile, I'm on the phone yelling at this man while three strange men stare at me in my home. This was an AWFUL experience. I took **'s name and employee number and told him he would hear from us again in terms of social media and the Better Business Bureau complaints because he made it clear to me that he reports directly to the "Executive board" and any complaint would go to his desk and would fall on deaf ears. He said there was no offer of any reimbursement/refund for this experience, and again, was completely unconcerned with how incredibly dissatisfied I was with this awful service.

I had my husband on my phone listening to MY end of the conversation the whole time. The moment I handed back the phone to the delivery man, I told my husband to get on social media and call Sleepy's out for their HORRIBLE customer service. My only recourse is to warn as many other customers to get Tempurpedic mattresses from OTHER RETAILERS. ** spoke to the delivery man for a few minutes and then... miraculously... the delivery man asked me if I had a hairdryer. I said "yes" and gave it to him.

From then, it took about 10 minutes to "thaw" the mattress with the hairdryer (NEVER DISCUSSED BY ANY OF THESE PEOPLE PRIOR TO THAT POINT) and then they carried it up the stairs, installed the bed and left in a total span of approximately 15 minutes after the conclusion of my horrible conversation with this "customer care manager."

So in the end, my only thought is that this delivery team wanted to get to the rest of their deliveries and attempted to take advantage of my being alone, being a woman, being pregnant and were going to just tell me that was how it had to be and get on with their day. Once it was clear I would not be taken advantage of, their plan changed. How did I sleep my first night on the new bed? NOT WELL. Not the fault of the bed -- but obviously this experience rattled me and I was extremely upset the rest of the day and night. My only hope is that at least one person reads this and goes SOMEWHERE ELSE for their mattress!!! BEWARE.

Mattress Discounters

We are sorry to hear that you feel this way.Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. Utilizing the information provided, we were able to locate your invoice. Your account will be assigned to a specialist who will reach out to further address your concerns.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2015

I had ordered a mattress, and they started to deliver it today. First they came in to remove the old one when one of the guys started to say it had bed bugs. Now if it had bugs my wife and I would have bites all over us. Well after that I threw the morons out. Now my wife is all upset. She throw out all the linen, and I call the ORKIN MAN. Well $100 later, and I find out that I don't have any bugs. Now all my linen is in the dirty rubbish. They broke a piece of my furniture. After all the damage they caused, and they would not pay for it. The part that scares me the most is the old mattress they pick up is right next to the new one that they are going to give you. As you can see from what I went through, they don't have a clue of what is or is not on an old mattress. Don't walk away from this place, RUN AWAY FROM IT.

Dear Joe,

Original review: Jan. 12, 2015

4 inch dip in mattress. Sent man to check mattress. He said no-brainer: bad mattress. 1/9/2015 Sleepy's person said no way still 5 years - no mattress, not cheap (2700.00). The man they sent out ran over my mail box - said nothing. Getting lawyer tomorrow. Sleepy's, there no reason cannot get a hold of me like other reviewers on here - need to make right. Are you ready to go out of business?

Dear Jordi,

Sleepy's acquired Mattress Discounters located in the following states; VA, MD. Please call (888) 233-0091 for further assistance.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2015

I spent about $1,100 on this mattress and its foundation less than a year ago and already having issues with it. Besides sagging on the pillow top, primarily a body indentation on the mattress of about an inch and a quarter that does not allow me to sleep comfortably. The mattress is dented. I weigh about 180 lbs and it's been less than a year since I bought it, it's obviously defective! I went through the warranty claim process and they said they will only replace it if the indentation is greater than an inch and a half (1/4 of an inch more than what my mattress has). I am profoundly dissatisfied with the outcome the claim and shocked that for less than a quarter of an inch they won't replace the mattress, even when it's less than 11 months old!!!!! I feel I have no option but to get legal advice since the discomfort of sleeping on it is an increasing nuisance and my body is resenting it.

Dear Kyrieh,

You must contact 1-888-233-0091 for assistance with your complaint. We are a different chain of Mattress Discounters located on the East Coast.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2014

Doesn't it make sense to clean the beds before they are delivered? I just received my queen bed, Sealy Posturepedic (floor model). I literally saw the bed yesterday, it was beautiful! Very clean. The bed just came today and it has a bunch of dirt marks and lines all over it (disgusted). I called the store where I purchased it in Modesto, CA and spoke with the manager. I simply asked if the mattresses are cleaned before they are delivered. He was very defensive and pointed out that I ordered the floor model, so no. Um... DOESN'T IT SEEM LOGICAL TO CLEAN A BED THAT HAS BEEN TESTED OUT BY A BUNCH OF PEOPLE PREVIOUSLY? They can't even clean the mattress before delivering it??? So GROSS. I'm so confused as to why he was so baffled at my question. If I had known that I was getting a "better" deal because the mattress was dirty and unclean, then I would have reconsidered. The manager didn't mention one time that this was the case. JUST CLEAN THE MATTRESS... that's the courteous thing to do. I'm thinking back on it now and the MANAGER told us a story about how him and his coworkers actually RUN on the mattresses to see who buys lunch... SERIOUSLY?! Dirty dirty dirty.

Dear Carolina,

Original review: Dec. 2, 2014

“You do not know the company you really deal with until you have a problem.” I bought three mattresses at the store in Gaithersburg, MD and after 9 months I got my last one (Spring Air CF King). I had to contact the Warranty Exchange Department because it became impossible to sleep on that mattress. Mr. **, very polite but not very honest nor direct, was walking me through the steps to fix it little by little, instead of straightening out everything at once. Even my husband talked to him in the beginning, asking for his understanding and to help us with this as quickly as possible so we could get the inspection and know what to do. The issue carried on way too long. It became tedious and since the warranty was about to expire, we could not really wait anymore. You do not need to be polite - you only have to be honest and honorable.

Mattress Discounters

We are sorry to hear of the bad experience with your recent purchase, however we are not the Mattress Discounters that would be able to assist. For further assistance, please reach out to the Customer Service Department for the California area at (888) 233-0091. Best regards.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2014

I purchased two sealy mattresses and one box on 10/23/14 at San Carlos, CA Mattress Discounters. My salesperson, Imani **, was very helpful and her coworker Catilla ** was working too. I found the same mattress on Macy's website for a cheaper price so Imani price matched it and there's also some deals on wayfair.com to prove the price match is legitimate. I walked out of the store very happy about Mattress Discounters and I already referred them to another friend of mine who is looking for a mattress too. The second mattress I bought was for my grandparents who is going to come visit me but won't be here in another week. After trying out the mattress, my grandmother feels the plush mattress is too soft so I made another trip here with my grandmother to check out the firm sealy mattress. The store manager, Jeff was very attentive and informative. He acknowledged the deal I received and said the firm will be cheaper than soft but I will need to pay for restocking fee 10% and delivery fee. There is 100 dollars difference between the two mattresses and minus the fees, I would get $12.70 back to my CC. We processed the transaction however, my grandmother wants to think about it little more.

Jeff was very patient and understanding. He voided the exchange transaction and printed me a receipt. He Informed me I can come back to the store anytime within the 120 days from purchase to do the exchange and he has written that very fact on my invoice as well. After another two nights of trying out the mattress, my grandmother made up her mind on exchanging to the firm. I went to the store, saw Catilla ** sitting at her desk alone but she didn't greet me when I walked in. I sat on the firm and plush Sealy mattresses then walked to her desk and spoke to her first, without her acknowledging me first. First we went over the exchange policy, then she said I already got a good deal and there is no way she can give me the same deal as what I got for my plush queen mattress, which is the one I'm exchanging for my grandma. She said I would have to pay 300+ extra. When I showed her the paper Jeff had printed out (exchange transaction receipt which was voided because my grandmother didn't make up her mind yet), Catilla ** keeps repeating she doesn't know how Jeff got that number and she wouldn't be able to do that.

I do understand she doesn't have the authority because she is not the manager there. But when I asked to speak to another manager, she was on the phone with the manager and keeps telling her manager that I already have a good deal and now I want it even cheaper. I was under the impression of she wasn't trying to help me work this out. Instead, she is trying to make it harder for me to exchange and not agreeing with her manager Jeff. She kept insisting that I should be paying another 3 to 4 hundreds on my mattress, so simply exchanging to a firmer was out of the question. I was already very frustrated on the way she was speaking to her manager about me in front of me. Yes, I did get a good deal because I did research online before coming into the store. But I would much rather spend more money to get a comfortable mattress and most importantly better customer service. Catilla ** is not representing Mattress Discounters well and I sure won't refer any of my friends over there. I was going to leave and wait for Jeff to be back to work and exchange my mattress.

When I was about to leave, Catilla ** rudely asked me to leave my invoice number. When I asked her why, she just simply said she needs to write something on my invoice. From the way she was talking to her manager, sounds like she is going to give me a hard time exchanging my mattress. Maybe she is having a bad day or that's how she handles her customer service? She told me, "you can go if you don't want to give me your invoice. But I will find it and write on your invoice still. Bye! You have a nice day!" I have never written a customer reviews but the management team needs to know how their employee is treating their customers. Catilla ** made my shopping experience with Mattress Discounters absolutely horrible. She was downright hostile. I sure don't want another customer having to get treated the way I did. The invoice clearly stated that the 'customer has 120 days to try out the mattress for the proper firmness.'

On 3/25/14, I walked into The San Leandro, CA (Hesperian) Mattress Discounters and again there was ONE salesperson (Walter **) there and has since left but I came in with hopes of purchasing a "Queen Size" Tempur-Pedic Bed because I have joint, back and knee problems. I was shown several different beds and once I found what I thought was the one I selected I set a delivery of 4/4/2014. When I received my bed I received the floor model "Full Size" Tempur-Pedic I had looked at there at the store and needless to say since then I have been put through the ringer with measurements and not wanting to accommodate by only exchanging my mattress and not my base. Speaking to a Rose ** in the Rockland office who became personally attached to my situation and refusing to give her General Manager ** Direct contact because we felt she could no longer assist and refusing to give his number or even full name so we could look him up ourselves. In a nut shell I'm still in pain and I still have the bed I did not pay for. Very Dissatisfied and FRUSTRATED at this point.

Good Morning Ms. Christopher,

Thank you for your feedback. The Mattress Discounters stores that we own are located in Virginia, Maryland and the D.C area.The store located in Pennsylvania, is not owned by our company. Unfortunately; we have no record of your purchase in our system.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2014

I purchased a Serta Vantage Firm with an adjustable base on 8/24/14 from the Monroeville, PA store. I am 5' tall and requested short legs on the base. The salesman said that the short legs were back-ordered, so he would have the standard 9" delivered and he would swap out the legs to a 6". I asked him to write it on the sales receipt and he did. Note that he told me the original legs are 9" and the swap-out would be 6" (which is what he wrote on the sales receipt); however, the standard legs that came with the mattress are 7" and I need 4". The mattress was delivered on Sunday, 8/31/14. I tried calling the store where I bought the mattress the week of September 1-5 and could not get an answer.

I stopped by two evenings the following week on my way home from work and the doors were locked. I assumed after the 2nd try the hours had changed. I left work early on Friday of that week (9/12/14) yet at 2:00 p.m. the store was still locked up and no one was around. It was then I discovered the store apparently went out of business with no notice. I submitted a request through the Mattress Discounters website on September 18, 2014, and I still have had no response. I need the shorter legs on the base and want them swapped out in accordance with our agreement. I measured the legs on the base and they are actually 7". I need legs that are 4". Currently I have to climb into the bed and then swing my legs and "slide off" when I want to get out. I'm in my late 50's and know that I can't continue doing so for the life of the mattress. Would you please contact me to make arrangements to resolve this issue? Thank you for your assistance in advance.

Dear Kenneth,

Thank you for your feedback. All of the Mattress Discounters stores that we own are along the East Coast; the store that is located in Portland, OR is not owned by our company. We have no record of your purchase in our system. Please contact the showroom where you purchased the mattress from to obtain the phone number to their Corporate Headquarters for resolution. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2014

My wife and I went into the Portland, OR store on 8/6/14 to look at Tempur-Pedic beds. There was only one salesperson working and he explained to us the different models and had us lay on each one. We asked him many questions about the bed because my wife suffers from extreme joint and muscle pain and wanted to make sure we were choosing the right bed. He said if we were not happy, they have a 120 night guarantee and we could return the bed. He NEVER told us that our only option was an exchange. We agreed on the Cloud Supreme with the Tempur-Up foundation.

After we brought the bed home a few days later, we noticed the horrible smell right off the bat. We were glad it was summer because we could keep the windows all the time. My wife slept AWFUL the first week including sleeping on our daughter's hard twin bed one night so she could finally get some sleep. I was sleeping hot and very uncomfortable also. We decided to go back after 2 weeks to return the bed. The original salesperson was not there, so we talked to a manager. He told us that we could not return the bed for a refund only an exchange. My wife and I were very mad. We told him we were never told this when we bought the bed. He did not say much just stared at us, like "Oh Well". He told us to go home and walk on the mattress to break up the air pockets, wash the sheets and mattress protector and put baking soda next to the bed for the smell. My wife was very unhappy but we figured at that point we had no other choice.

We tried all the suggestions and gave it another 2 weeks. At this point my wife and I were sleeping SO HOT and my wife is so sleep deprived from the pain. We went back to exchange it at the other Portland store and the manager there was willing to do it but said the other store has more models to choose from. At this point, my wife is so worn down, we do not know what other bed we want. We are STUCK with having to spend at least $3000 to exchange across and all the beds we are interested in are less than that so we are stuck with a credit. We asked if we could just be refunded the $500-$700 difference between the new bed and the Tempur-Pedic and he kept saying "Sorry". We still could not decide what to do and the manager once again said, "Go home and give the bed a little more time."

We finally said enough is enough and went back to the original store last night. We found a bed but of course we will have a credit. We have to go back today to finalize everything, but I really would like to have a refund for the difference instead of a $600 credit! Sleep Country USA is two stores over and I wish I would have went there because they exchange and REFUND your money. Very disappointed in this store.

Dear Josh,

We can assure you that our customers are very important to us and we are anxious to assist. We have located your account and one of our specialists will contact you to work towards a resolution. Thank you for your patience.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2014

I'm writing to file a complaint of the highest order. On Monday, Sept 1, 2014, my wife and I visited the Mattress Discounters location at 3245 Columbia Pike, Arlington, VA 22204. When I entered the store, I was enthusiastically greeted by Mr. **, a genial man who gladly showed us around the store and answered any questions we had. Everything was going splendidly. We spent the next half hour or so testing out various mattresses, everything from inner-spring to memory foam, pillow-top through firm, big, small and in-between. When recommending one particularly higher end mattress, Mr. ** inquired about what we were trying to spend, and I suggested that I would like to keep the purchase in the $1500 dollar range, all included.

Although the mattress he was just that moment showing us cost $1800, he immediately mentioned that he could make that work, if this were the mattress we went with. As it would turn out, my wife and I ended up selecting a slightly less expensive mattress that was on sale for $1399. However, when one added the bed frame ($149), the specialty pillow my wife selected ($100), and the mattress cover he up-sold us ($100), plus tax, and we were looking at over $1800. I flatly told him that I wasn't looking to pay that much for the combination package, and expected him to make me some sort of offer - and he did.

Mr. ** played with the numbers in his computer and at first said that he could get the total price down to about $1700, but seeing that I did not react favorably, then suggested that he could get the final price down to about $1639. Although that was above what I had originally wanted to spend, I knew everyone was getting a good deal here. Furniture, much like cars, can often be negotiated for, and the retailer won't sell it if they aren't going to make money. I mention this because we quite openly spoke about the leeway commission based salesmen get on prices. This was not a wink and a nod situation, but rather an open, forthright negotiation on the price. We selected the entire package with Mr. ** and then negotiated the price of the package as a whole. The offer to negotiate the price was even offered by Mr. ** when he originally inquired about our spending limit, when he openly stated he could discount the more expensive mattress to fit into our budget.

By this point, the other salesman was busy with other customers, and another couple had walked into the store. Because we had been having such a pleasurable experience thus far, we opted to let Mr. ** email us our receipt (a practice we normally wouldn't have done, but we wanted to let the man attempt to make another sale). We paid and left, happy with our purchase. The delivery date arrived two days later. When the young men unloaded everything, we noticed that the bed frame was absent. The driver showed me his paperwork indicating that there was no bed frame on order. He suggested that these things sometimes get broken into multiple shipments and that another delivery might yet bring the frame.

In hindsight, I should have refused the shipment right there on general principle. Alas, I did not. I signed for the items that were there and thought a call would work everything out. My wife then called the Mattress Discounters store and inquired only to have the manager tell her that she must be scheming to get a free bed frame and he wasn't falling for sure tricks. It was about this time that we began looking for the emailed receipt that we were supposed to have gotten, only to not be able to locate it at all. So I got in my car and drove down the road to the store itself. I found there the other salesman from two days ago, who immediately recognized me as a recent customer. I discovered this is the same man who had, only fifteen minutes before, accused my wife of trying to cheat him out of a bed frame.

After sitting with the man, who insisted that no bed frame was ever entered into the computer for my order, he offered to sell me the bed frame for $90, a 40% discount from the marked price of $149. After politely declining the offer (I'd already paid for the stupid thing!) Besides which, I was still basically convinced that this was some sort of data entry error. After all, the entire process had been quite explicit. We were purchasing four items - the mattress set, the frame, the pillow, and the mattress cover. We had agreed on a price and shook hands. This had to be a simple issue of a clerical mistake and although I found it moderately troubling, I was willing to allow that a manager was unable to make such a change on behalf of one of his salesmen. I asked the manager to have Mr. ** call me the next time he was working.

I got a call early the next morning, but instead of working through this over the phone, I decided to wait until I got off of work and do it all in person. I returned, for a third time, to the Mattress Discounters location and finally got to speak with Mr. **. Mr. ** informed me that it was no mistake at all, but that he had deliberately removed the frame from the order to reduce the price from $1800 to the agreed upon price of $1639. When I inquired why he did not bother to tell either my wife or myself that he had done this, he insisted that he did tell us both and that I must be mistaken. Realizing now that I was victim to a dishonest salesman, I accused him of appearing to act in such a manner. "**, it seems like you're trying to rip me off here, and I'm not happy about that," were my exact words. Recognizing that my words might, in fact, cost him a sale (there was another customer who was sitting at his desk in the process of purchasing a mattress), he calmed down, insisting that he would take care of me.

I let him finish his business with the other customer, calmly waiting. When he and his other customer were finished, I took a seat and explained matter-of-factly that it was irrelevant at this point who was in error, I needed a bed frame and I intended to leave with one, so what could he do for me. He offered me the frame I had originally selected for $60. Recognizing that my time is more valuable than any further discount I was likely to receive, I opted to purchase the bed frame a second time at the $60 price. I picked it up right then and there and left for home.

Now let me be perfectly clear here. I don't really care about the $60. It's a measly 3.6% of the total price paid. What I'm absolutely livid about, however, is the shady double dealing of your salesman. I can live with mistakes. I could have easily lived with him telling me that there was no way he could discount the package we had selected together below $1700. I could have lived with him telling my wife and me that we needed to remove an item from the package to get to our target price. But I cannot live with a salesman who blatantly lies to his customers in order to make a sale - and I have no doubt that that is exactly what happened here.

I'm 31 years old and have purchased two beds in my adult life, both from Mattress Discounters. Given that rate, one could easily expect that I'd purchase anywhere between another 5 and 10 beds, depending on how many children I end up with when it's all said and done. I can tell you quite concretely, that I will never purchase another bed from Mattress Discounters without any rectification of this situation. Now here's the rub: what do I want? I don't want your money or anything of the like. I don't want a discount on a future purchase either. All I want is a written apology from Mr. ** in which he admits that he was dishonest with me in his dealings, and one from the store manager for accusing my wife of trying to cheat him.

I have little doubt that not much will come of this. I doubt that Mr. ** will face any consequences from his actions at all. I very much doubt that I am the first person who has experienced his cheating methods, nor do I doubt that I will be the last. But, perhaps, I am the first who will say something about it. So, Mattress Discounters, how much do you respect your customers? How much is a single customer worth to you? Because this one is going to cost you a couple of apologies. I'm curious if the price is right or not.

Dear Ms. Neelan,

I believe I know why we are unable to locate your order. Although we own several Mattress Discounters stores along the East Coast, the stores that are located in Pittsburgh, PA are not owned by our company. We have no record of your purchase in our system. Please contact the showroom where you purchased the mattress from to obtain the phone number to their Corporate Headquarters for resolution.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2014

Purchased a Tempur-Pedic Mattress set that has a horrible odor that has not gone away in a week. Contacted salesperson and customer service who have not resolved removing these items and the smell is making me sick. Company doesn't care.

Dear Marleny,

We apologize if you have experienced any complications with your recent purchase. We welcome the opportunity to speak with you to further address your concerns. We have located your account and will assign it to a Consumer Relations Representative who will reach out to you within 24 – 48 hours.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2014

On June 29 I visited Mattress Discounters, my salesperson was Minoo **, who assured me that if I purchased a mechanical base with the mattress that she was recommending, then I will never have to use my compression stocking that I have to wear for medical purpose and that my fiancee's snoring will stop. I took her recommendation and bought both, the mattress and the mechanical base. Two weeks after the purchase, I stopped by the store and spoke with Daryl (Salesperson), he said that I had to keep the bed for 30 days before arranging any exchange or return (this is the Tempur-Pedic method) he explained.

Today, July 30th I called Mattress Discounters and spoke to Daryl again (Minoo was not in the store). He explained that the mattress could be returned but the mechanical base was not possible to return. That maybe I will have better luck with corporate. I call corporate and spoke to **, supervisor who told me the same thing. I explained to him that I understood their policy, however, I bought the mechanical base under two medical claims by the Sales Manager of the store. One, that I would not have to wear my medical compression stocking by RAISING THE BOTTOM OF THE MECHANICAL BASE AND SLEEP WITH MY LEGS UP, when I call my Doctor he said that this would have turned FATAL had I not contact him, since I have a tendency to make blood clots and one would have gone to my brain or lungs. Two, that my fiancee would have stopped snoring by RAISING THE TOP PART OF THE MECHANICAL BASE and that she had tons of clients that would testified to this. This of course didn't happened either.

If it wasn't for this two medical claims, I would have not bought the base. Supervisor ** said that there was nobody in his company that would approve the return of the base. The mattress will be picked up on August 4th. Please help me get this base returned since the expense of $1,399.00 has absolutely no benefit. To me, this is a clear example of A MARKETING SCAM. Thank you.

Good Afternoon Ms. N,

Thank you for sharing your concerns. Your account has been accessed and assigned to a specialist please allow 24-48 hours for the specialist to review and follow up. Thank you again for your post.

Original review: June 11, 2014

My husband and I purchased a Stearns and Foster Queen set. It was delivered (late) but still delivered. We called to have an exchange made on the box spring to a low profile, and made all arrangements. The delivery men could not make the 4-hour window and wanted to come after 9 pm, which was now permitted by the building we live in. They scheduled to come on a later day and again did not make it within the 4-hour window. This was the 2nd day I took off of work. Eventually the box spring was delivered, but it was NOT the Stearns and Foster. It was a cheaply made box spring. I argued with them at delivery and spoke to someone on the phone who told me it was correct. I followed up with Stearns and Foster as well as the retail store and they told me I was definitely given a different product. After countless hours spent on the phone being persistent, it was miraculous and they admitted that I was given the wrong box spring. Now here I sit again waiting. Another 4-hour window has come and is going... as I just received a phone call (after I called them to confirm) that they will not make it on time. Free pillows and sheets do not make up for the fact that this is the 3rd day I have had to stay home. 16 hours of waiting windows they can't fill. Horrible.

Mattress Discounters Company Profile