Mattress Direct

Compare Mattresses

Research top Mattresses recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Purchased a mattress for my son and the mattress we tried at the store was really comfortable and he loved it. Was told that if we ever had a problem with it they would be happy to help out and before I paid I asked what charges would have to be paid to exchange and what the time frame would be if we needed to exchange, and were told that I could bring it back up to 3 months later if I used a mattress cover that cost $50 which I was getting at the same time. That evening I removed the crib/toddler bed from his room and stuck it in the next bedroom for the time and set up his new bed. He was so excited and called everyone telling them that he had a new big boy bed.

That night he got in the new bed and I Sat in the chair right by the bed and read him the book that he had gotten for Christmas to put him to sleep except at the end he said he didn't like the bed. So I laid down next to him and reminded him that he picked that mattress out. At the same time I felt like I was laying on the floor it was so stiff. Unlike the one in the store. The next day I called and was told I could bring it back in 60 days. 60 days later I was told I would have to pay for the drop-off and pick-up of the new mattress except it would cost more than I paid for the mattress I was exchanging and it would be a few months before they could bring the new one out. Will never do business with that store or any Mattress Direct ever again!

Purchased a top of the line $3500 mattress 3 months ago. Had issues with delivery from the start when one of the pillows we ordered showed up in the wrong packaging. Took it back to the store and manager stated they do not take pillows back. Understandable but I did not get what I ordered! He asked us to leave the store! We called corporate office in Baton Rouge and the regional manager called the store and advised the manager to make the swap. Went back to store and got correct pillow where manager made us wait almost 30 minutes before he would help us! Now our mattress is sagging and stitching is pulling apart.

Went back to store and was told to get a block to take pictures of mattress to submit for warranty. Our warranty was approved but now want to charge me for pick up and delivery of the new mattress! This is BS, if this company can't stand behind their product then I don't want it! Customer service is non existent in the store after the sale. They promise the world before you buy and after that you are on your own. I have been in sales most of my career and if I treated my customers this way I would have been out of a job years ago. Most people will actually pay more for great customer service and support after the sale which builds a long term business relationship! I would suggest anyone doing research on this company to shop somewhere else.

I purchased new Beautyrest mattress/box springs March, 2015. Within a matter of weeks it was sagging deeply in the middle. I returned to the store and was told my only recourse was to purchase a different mattress with a pillow top at hundreds of dollars more, spending an additional $99 "restocking" charge for the returned mattress as well as additional delivery charges. I declined. In the few months since it has begun squeaking so badly it sounds like it's at least 20 years old. I am told all I can do is file a claim with the Beautyrest co., Mattress Direct does not stand behind them. I tried filing an online claim and the fields were unable to take required codes. I am awaiting a requested e-mail from them on this.

Thanks to a wonderful and thoughtful salesperson, Lacy. I purchased the greatest mattress from Mattress Direct, Airport Rd., Pearl, MS. As a PD patient, I received the best service I could have gotten. After a brief conversation about "Living with PD," Lacy then showed me numerous mattresses, watching me as I tested each by simply sitting on it. He picked the perfect mattress for my situation. I could not be happier with this purchase. Thanks again for the great care and concern you showed while sharing your knowledge.

We purchased a queen size beauty sleep on 9/16/14. After sleeping on it for less than a month the mattress had a sag in the middle. We purchase the mattress in West County as a floor model. Needless to say the store nor company will make this situation right. We are currently pursuing actions through the state attorney Gen. I would not recommend this company to anyone. Their sale tactics are misleading.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mattress Direct?

I purchased a mattress set few days ago and I paid $1,924.93. Guess what? After they delivered my mattress set, I find out there is damage on both mattress and spring box. On mattress there is a hole and cotton coming out; there is a spot where the string got loose and tear part open. I was very disappointed with this mattress set that I received. Then I return to the store next day, ask for refund or exchange. The sales representative there is very rude and not helpful. He refuse to do a refund or exchange even though I never use or sleep on it. I even take photo of damage part, but still refuse to do a refund or exchange. The sales representative even kick me out the store and threaten me to call police if I am not leaving the store.

I am here to express my dissatisfy with the products and customer services. I hope nobody ever purchase any mattress from them. Their policy and warranty are totally ripoff. I visited other mattress stores. Most of them has least 30-day satisfaction guarantee or 2-year warranty. Mattress Direct has worst mattress and customer service I have experienced.

Very expensive mattress lost support in middle causing sleepers to roll to same spot. I ask for someone from Mattress Direct to come and inspect and give some direction. No one would come but they ask me to get many pictures of the mattress and foundation which I did. The Baton Rouge HQ sent me a form letter stating that the mattress warranty did not cover my issue. They said the mattress would have to sag in the middle several inches to be covered no matter what happens when you lay on it. I got no help from the Flowood Miss store where I purchased the mattress. Just know when you purchase a mattress from Mattress Direct do not expect any warranty on your Mattress. These people lied to me so be warned.

After about 5 years of use, I end up with a deformed top of the line Serta Vera Wang mattress. I cant find receipt. Store doesn't have it..therefore, guess what...no warranty. The Serta national people were unhelpful, as were the people at the mattress direct store. Never trust these people. Stay away. I didn't even get an inspector. Just "sorry". You are out of luck. Don't let this be you.

This has nothing to do with the retail it pertains to the Factory warranty of the Serta Mattress. The warranty is only to protect the Serta mattress company. When purchasing, it is not explained that it will not be replaced if they consider it has not sagged to the point that its uncomfortable. I am digging out of a hole in the mattress each morning. I was told to send pictures of the sag, using a string with weights on it.

I have done this 3 times. The first ones they lost, then the second time, they said I had it in the seam . The third time, I made sure it was not in the seam but they continued to say it was. I asked if someone could come look at it, and they said it would cost $85.00 (non-refundable). I did not make this poorly made mattress, and I am not willing to lose one more dollar in it. The sagging began in the first month of use.

I still have had no results, except for a letter telling me it doesn't meet their 1.5 sag rule. This is more than any 1.5 sag. I can't pull a fitted sheet tight on it. It has a pure hole in the middle. I am not the only one complaining about this same problem. On the Serta complaint department, there are many complaints about the same thing. I wish I had read these complaints before I purchased.

Being a dancer, I thought I needed a bed. It’s wonderful to see an ad in the paper to be able to afford a good bed. I told the salesman I did not have much money just enough to buy what was in the paper. I did not have enough due to taxes and such. I saw another bed I could afford but I still paid more somehow. I was too tired to debate or go elsewhere.

My back still hurts. I understand why now. The bed he sold me did not or was not intended to be used with a foundation. Tag reads "This mattress is intended to be used without a foundation." I should have asked about this. However, it never crossed my mind I would have to do now. My back probably would not hurt as bad and I am not too happy about paying $190.00 for a foundation.

I am a disabled 50 y.o. male, who, after finally being able to move back into my home post Katrina, purchased a Queen size Serta Matress Set here in June 2007. Approximately 5 months later as I was getting out of bed, I heard a pop. Upon rising I noticed a dip in the mattress approximately 3 inches deep. I contacted Mattress Direct, as the set has a 10yr. warranty, and was told that I had to take pictures of it and send them to Baton Rouge, which I did. The people in Baton Rouge decided that thi dip was due abuse, even though no-one even bothered to come out to look at it.

So, I called them and explained that I am disabled, and that there are no children in the household. They requested that I re-submit my claim, so I did, along with more pictures, as per their request. Again, it was deemed abuse by the same person as before. I then contacted Serta themselves, explained my situation, and was told that they could not over-ride the rep's decision, but could place another request in for re-evaluation!! I told the woman that I receive a little over $600/mo. and paid over $800 for this set, thinking that I was getting a good set that would help me at night with my disabilties, but I guess I was wrong!!Myself or my family WILL NEVER purchase another SERTA form Mattress Direct or ANYWHERE ELSE again!

I bought a Sealy mattress with a 10 year replacement warranty from this business when they were at another location in this county. I have had it about 5 1/2 years, and it sags in one place toward the edge and makes popping noices like metal against metal when I sit on the bed at that location. I called and spoke with the manager, who is mailing me a claim form. He cautioned me that the warranty was invalidated if there were any liquid spotting on the mattress. I ask why, and he said,"they are not sanitary." I ask what that matters as they cannot be resold. He said they could be sold in Mexico.

He said his staff set the defective mattresses outside the warehouse until they have a load to take to the dump. People come and pick the better ones and take them, so his staff only haul to the dump about 1/3 of those returned. I do NOT think I have any fluid spots on my mattress, but this conversation leads me to believe that they are reselling returned defective mattresses. I read my warranty and I do not see that it says fluid stains invalidate the warranty. The warranty does say, "Items and damages not specifically listed in the "Warranty Covers" section are not covered. including, for example: Mattress Fabric (including stains, soiling or burns."

Mattress Direct Company Profile