1.33/5

Need a good mattress?

Need a good mattress?

Mattress Direct Reviews

Original review: March 8, 2019

Just got a call that we will not be getting our mattress as promised on Saturday. The store and company make HUGE selling pitch that they deliver in 7 days, the mattress is made just for you and locally in Cape Girardeau, MO. So you can feel comfortable that you are not just buying something pre-made and setting around in a store room. We purchased the bed and box springs on 2-25-19 and told we would receive call on Friday (3-8-19) to schedule delivery for Saturday the 9th. Well got the call on Friday the 8th to be told not getting bed on the 9th as it isn't ready (built) yet and it will be at least another week. To fix this we were offered a mattress cover free - well that won't work as they pushed the sale of purchasing one at time of buying the bed - so got one of those. Next we were offered one of the pillows they have for no charge. We want our bed as promised and when it was promised for delivery not the runaround.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

If I could choose a negative star, I would. Customer service is horrible. We purchased a living room set during a no interest, same as cash sale a while ago. We gave our credit card information to have on file for automatic payments to be charged for 3 months (90 days) to get the same as cash deal. We weren't charged the total payments due in 3 monthly payments as promised. We were charged a fraction of that payment over 12 months. By the time we finished paying those 12 months of payments, we paid more for the finance charge and interest than the price of the living room set. When we called to speak with the manager, Rickey, he said he is not our mom or dad and we should read the fine print. Well sir Rickey, when you trust and believe your sales rep (and you were one of them) is telling you the truth and will honor the sale, you tend to believe them.

Also, when we went in to purchase the set, we were very straightforward letting you know what we DID NOT want. We told both you and the rep that was helping us that we did not want fake leather that would fall apart. Both of you assured us that what we chose was genuine leather and it wouldn't peel or fall apart. When we came home, I did my own research on the material that you claimed to be genuine leather and learned that it was in fact not. When I called to confront you about what I found, you told me you apologize for giving me the wrong information and that I could come by and choose something different. I did that the very next day.

Thank goodness I did my research because by the time we finished paying and paying more than double the amount promised, our living room set would probably be peeling and falling apart. Warning to anyone who shops here, please please read the fine print and DO NOT trust what they tell you in regards to payments or the material that they are selling.

Response to your reply: 1. We were NEVER brought to a financial office to go over the contract. In fact, we stood at a counter while one of your employees handed us something to electronically sign our signature (see the copy you sent to us via email). So, I guess you broke the law there because no one explained this contract and all of its information in full. There was also other customers in line standing behind us while we did this so to say you have a financial office is a load of crap! If you do, we never stepped foot in it.

2. You know darn good and well and I promise I can find my email that I sent to you with the information I found about the product you tried to pass off to us as leather. I can add that on here with your response if you'd like. 3. We chose to take the sale that was advertised. 50% off of everything and 90 days same as cash, 0% interest. We most definitely gave our credit card information at the counter to your employee (a young ** male) who was checking us out and having us electronically sign the documents and we were told that the payments would be drafted for the next 3 months with no interest.

4. If you would like to run my credit, I'm sure you will see that I have great credit. My score is well over 700. Bet you can't say that! So if you are finished trying to cover for what you did and your bad customer service (very bad according to the rest of your reviews on here that you always have an excuse for) I'm done and will NEVER shop in your store or advise anyone else to shop there either.

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

The mattresses in the store you try out are different than the one that is delivered to you and they do not care. You have to wait 60 days before you can switch and you take chances with getting one you can actually sleep on. They try to sell you upgrades and charge more than the online website.

Original review: July 8, 2017

In my opinion this store does not care about you at all. They told me to buy 3/4 inch plywood and stick between my new mattress and box springs, to prolong the life of the new mattress. Good TV commercial/sad store. They also said to sleep right on the mattress protector they sold me and to forget about the fitted sheet.

Original review: March 16, 2017

I recently purchased a mattress from Mattress Direct at 200 North Carrollton Ave, and when I first went into the store to purchase a mattress ** told me to try out the Serta Ferriday Pillowtop Mattress and it was so soft and comfy in the store. So I decided to purchase it. When I paid ** he failed to explain the store "no return" policy and I went on my way. A week later and I receive my brand new mattress so the first night that I slept on the Mattress it felt like laying on a brick. I mean my cheap $7 air mattress was more comfortable. So I returned to the store with the mattress and was told that I could not receive a refund no matter what the problem was so after arguing with the manager I was then told to get my ** and to get out of their store -- dirty manager **. I'm now having back and neck problems and I probably will never see my $500 bucks again. Please don't buy from these low-down people.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mattress Direct?

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

Spent lots of time checking out mattresses. I have a bad back so need a firm mattress that won't sag. Finally settled on one with lots of advice from the sales people. They guaranteed me the mattress would be and stay firm. Have had the mattress a month and it is already beyond sagging. It's like sleeping in a hammock. Store said make a warranty claim. What a joke. They won't honor it. These people are liars and cheats. Stay away.

Original review: March 4, 2016

Purchased a mattress for my son and the mattress we tried at the store was really comfortable and he loved it. Was told that if we ever had a problem with it they would be happy to help out and before I paid I asked what charges would have to be paid to exchange and what the time frame would be if we needed to exchange, and were told that I could bring it back up to 3 months later if I used a mattress cover that cost $50 which I was getting at the same time. That evening I removed the crib/toddler bed from his room and stuck it in the next bedroom for the time and set up his new bed. He was so excited and called everyone telling them that he had a new big boy bed.

That night he got in the new bed and I Sat in the chair right by the bed and read him the book that he had gotten for Christmas to put him to sleep except at the end he said he didn't like the bed. So I laid down next to him and reminded him that he picked that mattress out. At the same time I felt like I was laying on the floor it was so stiff. Unlike the one in the store. The next day I called and was told I could bring it back in 60 days. 60 days later I was told I would have to pay for the drop-off and pick-up of the new mattress except it would cost more than I paid for the mattress I was exchanging and it would be a few months before they could bring the new one out. Will never do business with that store or any Mattress Direct ever again!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2016

Purchased a top of the line $3500 mattress 3 months ago. Had issues with delivery from the start when one of the pillows we ordered showed up in the wrong packaging. Took it back to the store and manager stated they do not take pillows back. Understandable but I did not get what I ordered! He asked us to leave the store! We called corporate office in Baton Rouge and the regional manager called the store and advised the manager to make the swap. Went back to store and got correct pillow where manager made us wait almost 30 minutes before he would help us! Now our mattress is sagging and stitching is pulling apart.

Went back to store and was told to get a block to take pictures of mattress to submit for warranty. Our warranty was approved but now want to charge me for pick up and delivery of the new mattress! This is BS, if this company can't stand behind their product then I don't want it! Customer service is non existent in the store after the sale. They promise the world before you buy and after that you are on your own. I have been in sales most of my career and if I treated my customers this way I would have been out of a job years ago. Most people will actually pay more for great customer service and support after the sale which builds a long term business relationship! I would suggest anyone doing research on this company to shop somewhere else.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2015

I purchased new Beautyrest mattress/box springs March, 2015. Within a matter of weeks it was sagging deeply in the middle. I returned to the store and was told my only recourse was to purchase a different mattress with a pillow top at hundreds of dollars more, spending an additional $99 "restocking" charge for the returned mattress as well as additional delivery charges. I declined. In the few months since it has begun squeaking so badly it sounds like it's at least 20 years old. I am told all I can do is file a claim with the Beautyrest co., Mattress Direct does not stand behind them. I tried filing an online claim and the fields were unable to take required codes. I am awaiting a requested e-mail from them on this.

Original review: July 7, 2015

Thanks to a wonderful and thoughtful salesperson, Lacy. I purchased the greatest mattress from Mattress Direct, Airport Rd., Pearl, MS. As a PD patient, I received the best service I could have gotten. After a brief conversation about "Living with PD," Lacy then showed me numerous mattresses, watching me as I tested each by simply sitting on it. He picked the perfect mattress for my situation. I could not be happier with this purchase. Thanks again for the great care and concern you showed while sharing your knowledge.

Mattress Direct Company Information