1.4/5 (76 ratings)
Find a Mattress Brands partner

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

About Mattress Firm

Save Money. Sleep Happy.™

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

Mattress Firm Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mattress Firm?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mattress Firm?

Original review: June 28, 2022

My husband and I walked into the Mattress store at 12182 HWY 17 Murrells inlet SC and our sleep expert ** was super. He helped us find the perfect twin set for our grandson who will be here in 2 weeks. Also he recommended an adjustable base for our king bed that we find very hard to get a good night sleep on. Can not wait to try it out. Delivery was the next day and the drivers were very courteous, polite and efficient. Could not do enough. I would recommend this location highly. We were very pleased.

Original review: April 23, 2022

I mistakenly put the wrong city for my shipping and my mattress got lost in the mail. It said delivered. I was petrified it would take weeks to get my bed to me. Mattress Firm immediately sent me out another bed without making me wait for any long process. They were great. My mattress is so comfortable. It was described as plush and it is just that. Very soft and not firm. I built my plate form with headboard quick and easily, since I ordered online and didn’t opt for anyone to build it for me. Overall great experience. Customer service was excellent. Bed is comfortable.

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 19, 2022

In 2019 we purchased the IntelliBed. After 2.5 years, the mattress started sagging in many areas. I worked with Alex from Mattress Firm in Leominster and Natasha District Manager to get mattress returned. After trying out several beds, we decided to purchase another brand. Alex and Natasha were most helpful. I give the customer experience an 'A'. Note: NEVER NEVER remove and tags off mattress. Removal of tags voids warranty.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2022

The salesman (Eric) is terrific. Whether the company itself is, it would be presumptuous of us to say because we do not know enough about the company. Eric has gone the extra mile on our behalf in post-sale customer service, possibly - possibly - because the company could not or would not. Prior to our decision to purchase, Eric (and a colleague) answered our questions perfectly lucidly and knowledgeably.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

I had a wonderful experience with Mattress Firm in Sugar Land, Texas. While my husband was hospitalized I decided to purchase a mattress. I wanted the entire process to be completed by the time he was discharged. I was probably their most decisive customer because I went in and spent much time looking at and lying of various mattresses. Finally I made a decision and completed the sale. The delivery and setup was completed as planned.

Well, after 2 nights, I felt I had purchased the wrong mattress for us. Well I called and then went in and talked about how awful the mattress was to sleep on. It was explained to me that the company policy was to keep and sleep on it for at least 30 days. I did not want 30 days. It was too hard. Brandon, my salesperson, had been with me through the entire process. He did whatever needed to be done to make sure I got a mattress that was to my pleasing. I was so appreciative and if need be will shop there again. Thanks for compassion that was shown to me by Brandon.

Original review: July 23, 2022

I purchased a mattress on June 2nd but canceled the order after a few hours. They still delivered it and I was able to finally return it by late June. I still have not received a refund so they are extremely slow in refunding the purchase or it is essentially theft.

Original review: July 20, 2022

Had Mr. Matthew ** for our sleep expert, he was very knowledgeable on the products and had answers for all our questions. Delivery was exactly what he stated, we're very happy with our purchase and would recommend this store to anyone!! Mattress Firm Rocky Point, N.Y.

Original review: July 19, 2022

Purchased a Beautyrest, $1,000. After two weeks both sides were sagging. Mattress Firm will not discuss until you have slept on it 21 days. Now, 21 days and sagging even more. To return it is a 20% restocking fee (guess they are going to pawn it off on someone else) and a $99 fee. To exchange it is a 10% restocking fee and a $99 fee. This is obviously a defective mattress.

Customer service was rude and offered no help other than to file a warranty claim. To do so....take a picture of every tag (about 6 of them), take a picture of the mattress. Lay something long across the mattress, print out some paper measuring device to prove it sags more than 1 1/2 inch (they will not honor a warranty until it sags this much), take more photos. Remove the mattress from the frame and take a picture of the frame. Upload all into your warranty claim and they will review and get back to you within 30 days. They do not stand behind the merchandise they sell and I don't feel I should be financially penalized for a defective product.

Original review: July 12, 2022

Delivery day I received the phone call saying my delivery was 10 minutes away. The delivery truck pulls up, they sit in the truck 10 minutes or so then pull off. No delivery what so ever...I left work early to be able to be there for the delivery. I've spoken with 3 different salesperson and no one can give me a reason why this happened. So I have to inconvenience myself for 2 more days because of this incompetence. This is horrible customer service and nothing to accommodate the inconvenience. I've been a loyal customer to this company. I will never use Mattress Firm again. Really bad customer service.

Original review: July 10, 2022

We purchased a set of 2 Xl twin adjustable bases and mattresses from Mattress Firm, mainly to help manage snoring issues and different sleep needs. The beds were delivered on time but delivery techs were unskilled and rude, just wanted to drop the delivery and run. The mattresses are fine. The bases are not working as advertised. We have the beds for nearly 1 month and bases snoring response feature doesn’t work. We called the store and were told to call number in the back of remote control for tech support. We called and a tech came to the home who was as clueless as the delivery guys. We contacted the store manager who promised to escalate the situation. We’re still here waiting but no help has come. We may end up returning frames and buy cheaper options if this high end product won’t deliver and the support is non existent.

Mattress Firm author review by Sandy Baker

Mattress Firm customers can browse at over 3,000 retail stores or online. Financing options with convenient monthly payments are available. Consumers who don’t want to apply for financing with Mattress Firm can still enjoy a 90-day payment option.

• Mattress pricing: Queen mattresses start at around $300.

• Types of mattresses: Select from innerspring, memory foam, hybrid, encased coil, gel memory foam or pillow-top mattresses from several manufacturers. Mattress Firm sells all the major brands of mattresses; consumers can test out a variety of brands in one of its showrooms.

• Trial period: Customers enjoy a 120-night sleep trial period.

• Warranty: Warranties vary by manufacturer.

• Additional products: Beds, frames, bedding and pillows are also available. Mattress Firm also assists with commercial sales for schools, hospitals, government agencies, interior decorators or other businesses that need to buy mattresses in bulk.

by Sandy Baker Contributing Writer

Sandy Baker has written for ConsumerAffairs since 2021. Along with the advice and information her articles provide to consumers, she’s written several books that focus on topics such as retirement planning, bankruptcy, business finance, estate planning and personal credit health.

Mattress Firm Company Information