2. Homeowners

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores

3.7/5 (190 ratings)

About Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mathis Brothers Furniture?

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I bought a mattress on 6/20/18 from Mathis Sleep Center from a sales associate. We had bought mattresses from this company prior with no problems. We asked about the return policy and the salesman said just call us and we will take care of it. Well this past Thursday the Feb 21, 2019 I noticed a spring popping out the side of my mattress when it hit my leg as I was leaning on my bed. I called Mathis Sleep Center and spoke to Hailey, from bedding services. I told them what happened and they emailed me all this warranty stuff. I have back issues and they want me to photo the mattress, box spring, and frame. I called them back and told them I have back issues, and I can't physically move these items for your photos. I can photo the damaged area, and the top. I asked why they don't come out and look at the mattress like in the past and they said their policy changed.

I called Visa, Saturday, and they said, "Call the merchant." I did and had to call back Monday to talk to the bedding services manager. The store manager won't help me. I called back Monday and they said that is their policy and there isn't a way around it. I called Visa, who contacted the merchant on my behalf, the merchant wouldn't let them speak to the manager. Visa can't dispute the charge because it's too old. I am dissatisfied with this resolution and I am left with defective merchandise, and out $315.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response
Angela - We are sorry to hear you are having an issue with your sofa.

I have located your account, but we were not able to collect your contact information. If you could please send us your address and phone number, we will look into this and will see what we can do to help. We can be contacted through email. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I would give 0 stars if I could. They have a terrible return policy, which means they don't really have one. The salespeople were condescending/flippant about us not being happy with our purchase and customer service was no better. The mattress we tried out in the store feels different than the one we got (it's less comfortable, softer). Neither my wife and I like it and all they offer is an exchange, but you have to pay for pickup/delivery and a 10% restocking fee. We came back less than a week after we got the mattress. We even offered to pay for the 10% restocking fee and for pickup and take a partial refund and they wouldn't help. So not only are we stuck with an uncomfortable mattress, which is even worse for my wife because she is pregnant, but it would cost more money/time to get another one from Mathis Brothers. Also, there is no opportunity for us to get any sort of refund, which almost every other mattress company offers.

The entire experience has been awful. I regret buying this mattress and I now regret buying rugs from them as well. I will never shop at a Mathis Brothers again and I urge everyone else to not shop there as well. After asking around, I've heard multiple bad buying experiences from people about them. I wish I would have done more research on their reviews before walking in the door.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Nick - We are sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with your current mattress. One of the benefits of being a Mathis Platinum Rewards member is that you can exchange your mattress. We have one of the largest selections of mattresses in the state. We do charge a restocking fee and delivery fee which are pretty standard. We have sent you a direct message with other details and options. We look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Visit #1. In preparation for the arrival of this new furniture, we sold our old bed, dresser, and mirror. The day arrives for the movers to bring our product and they inform us that the mirror was sent broken by the manufacturer. They go on to set up the bed and dresser for us, so we think. When my husband goes up to check their work after they had left. He found that the dresser handles are still installed inside the drawers. They also did not give us the domes that go over the lights on the headboard of the bed. He found that the lamps flicker on and off when turned on instead of giving a steady stream of light. Not a huge deal but it sucked that we had to keep our clothes on the floor until they could make it back out on the date they plan to deliver the mirror. We spoke to customer service and they assured us everything will be corrected after the second visit.

Visit #2. They bring us the mirror and install the handles of the dresser correctly, great! However, they didn't bring the domes for lamps and said there is nothing they can do about the lights flickering. They left. I again called customer service. They told us they ORDERED the domes for us (not what they told us the first time). I inform them about the lights flickering and they said they will have to order a new headboard for us. Not in stock. We spend 4 hours picking the perfect bed only to be send a partially working one. We told customer service that we just want to return everything. They give us the run around for a few minutes saying the return needs to be approved by a manager that won't be in until Saturday, this is THURSDAY. We eventually get it to where they agree that they will pick up our furniture early Saturday. Cool.

Visit #3. They come and break down the furniture to take it away. Uneventful, except they left a pile of hardware in my home after they left. I called customer service to let them know about it. The lady on the phone is telling me that she cannot close my ticket and get my refund until they come back FOR THE FOURTH TIME and get the hardware that they left. Now, I have to go to work so I need to get this resolved ASAP. I have to argue with lady and ask to speak with manager to get this ticket closed. Visit #4. They still have to come get the hardware so hopefully this is the end of this mess.

Now my husband and I are sitting here with our mattress on the ground, out $100, a lot of time, and our TV is on the floor as well as our clothes that should be in a dresser. We would like to have new furniture in our bedroom, so we keep trying. We spoke to a manager on the phone and she assured us that she has a bed with headlamps attached that have never been in another home available. We throw a Hail Mary and try again.

Visit #5. They deliver the furniture set. A whole lamp was nonfunctioning this time! Again, called customer service and told them yet again, defective/incomplete product was sent to our home. The lady apologized and gave us a $100 credit, sweet. After that she told us that it’ll 2-4 weeks for us to find WHEN a new lamp will be available from the manufacturer. I asked what the return policy was “7 business days”. Hell no! Sent the bed back again for the second time. Visit #6. We decided to keep the dresser for the sole reason of just being freaking tired of keeping our clothes on the floor... The guys get the bed, uneventful.

Fast forward 10 days. The refund for the bed still hasn’t hit our account. I call customer service to find out why. The lady tells me to grab my card and read her the number and she will give the refund. I asked “does this refund not happen automatically?” She said “no.” I asked “well then why didn’t I get a phone call to get my money back?” Her: *silence* “I’m sorry, I’m not familiar with your situation”. So essentially, if I hadn’t been keeping an eagle eyed watch on my account they totally would have just ripped us off. I kept a coworker up on this horrid saga and she told me HER Mathis Brothers horror story. It’s over, I’m done! Thank the lord!

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hello Miranda- We sincerely apologize about the multiple issues you experienced with this purchase. This is not the typical customer experience and are sorry you were put in this situation. If you can please email us your sales order number or phone number associated with this purchase, we'd like to get with everyone involved with your order.

Thank You.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I purchased a bedroom set on November 23rd for my new home and was told specifically that it was not on backorder and I could have it all delivered on 12/26/18 after my new home closed escrow. In early December I received a call from the salesperson telling me that part of the bedroom set would be delivered and that 1 nightstand and the dresser was on backorder and wouldn’t be delivered until sometime in February. February! Unacceptable! I have called the store on 3 different occasions to speak with a manager and was dismissed being told that I would receive a call back right away. I still have not received a call from Mathis Bros. Mathis Bros lied to me to get the sale and refuses to address the issue. I will never buy from them again. I have been in my new home since 12/26/18 and I have no dresser to put my clothes in, we're still living out of boxes.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Julia - We apologize for the issues with your dresser and the lack of communication. We would like to look into this and see what we can do. Could you please send us your customer number and/or phone number on your account? Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

We bought a new mattress and were asked if we wanted a mattress protector. We declined since we had a fully serviceable cover from a previous Mathis mattress purchase. I emailed Mathis because the mattress was depressed. They said we didn't have a warranty other than manufacturer because we didn't buy the cover and the mattress was less than $1000. This is our last purchase from Mathis Brothers, they have gotten too huge to bother with consumer relations and there are many other furniture stores in Oklahoma City that need my business more than MB.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response
John - You do have the manufacturer warranty on your mattress. It's the Rest Assured program that you chose not to purchase. This program is an add-on, and allows a customer to reselect a mattress if they are not happy with it after 30 days. This policy has been around for many years. You receive a mattress protector when you sign up for the program. It sounds like you had it on your previous purchase.

If you are noticing some dips in your mattress, the manufacturer's warranty would cover it.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Purchased expensive leather couch and loveseat about four years ago, recently the finish began to peel. I wasn’t worried, however, because I had purchased the Furniture Protection Plan. I complied with the claim submission process only to immediately receive a notice that my claim was being denied because “discoloring" isn’t covered. I argued that it was peeling so Sylvia ** then offered to dispatch a technician to inspect. The date then changed several times in an obvious attempt to avoid the appointment and any chance to escalate the claim.

When the tech finally showed about a month later, he agreed that the finish had peeled and recommended several pieces be replaced. The next day I received an email stating that my claim was being denied because “discoloring" isn’t covered. I believe the behavior of the person handling claims indicates a policy of claim denial and that the FPP is a deliberate fraud. Don’t buy furniture from these folks and certainly don’t believe their fraudulent offer to “protect your investment."

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Robert - We are sorry to hear you are having issues with your sofa and loveseat. FPP does cover peeling, but unfortunately, they do not cover color loss. If you could send us your customer number and/or phone number on your account, we'd be happy to look into this. Thanks.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

Purchased a Lady Americana mattress at MBF OKC Store. It was two weeks before it was slept on due to moving into the new house where it was delivered. The first night sleeping on it the mattress border was weak and defective. Called Mathis Brothers and refused to allow us to exchange it. We submitted the required documentation to the warranty department and was informed that there was not an indention greater than 1.5 inches so the warranty claim was refused. We explained the mattress border was weak and ineffective from delivery and we were told that was too bad and there was nothing that could be done. The customer service rep in the mattress department was extremely rude (Nicole **) and mocked our efforts to get a resolution. We even called our sales rep Andrew, the day it was discovered right after purchasing and he was very kind and tried to help us.

Andrew is a great sales rep and we have requested him for multiple purchase. However, Nicole ** continued to be very rude indicating that we never contacted Mathis Brothers in a timely manner because she had no record of it even though we have records of emails and phone calls. Once we produced those emails to prove we called for assistance she continued to be disrespectful almost as making fun of us for even trying to get some kind of resolution. The sad part is the manufacturer's defect is so bad that we nearly fall out of bed when sleeping near that side of the mattress.

We have been customers of Mathis Brothers for over 13 years, spent thousands and thousands of dollars and have never had such an unfortunate experience with customer service. We always fill out the surveys after purchasing and give raving and great reviews and feedback. It’s apparent being a loyal customer means nothing in the grand scheme. Needless to say, we will not be shopping there in the future.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I have ordered the Cocktail Table online on 11/24/18. I received the call from Mathis Brothers next day for the confirmation and told me that the table will be shipped to my home from merchandise within 2 weeks. I have waited for 2 weeks and no delivery. I have called the toll free and they have connected me to the person who process my order and I was informed that the item was back order and that is the reason for the delay. When I asked for the tracking information they mentioned they don't have it!

I waited for 2 more weeks (it's almost a month I placed the order) and contacted the same person and asked for the status. On the next day I received the call and found that the merchandise can't ship it to my home due to the product weight. So I asked that I'm receiving heavier items than the table and I'm not convince with the answer. I'm dealing with "Internet Sales Manager" on this matter now! I realized that Mathis Brothers is not the place to shop the furniture online.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Mehul - We truly apologize for the confusion. The table that ordered is shipped directly from the manufacturer. We were never told it was too heavy to direct ship. We have canceled the order and refunded the money. Again, we apologize for the confusion and now have a weight limit on these type of purchases from this manufacturer.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I purchased a bed frame, mattress, and adjustable bed frame this past Saturday. My experience with Brittany (who helped us with the bed frame) was amazing. She was very friendly and helpful. We also dealt with Zach who sold us the mattress and adjustable base. However, after getting the all of it home (I live in Chickasha) and put together we had nothing but a nightmare from that point on. I was told by Zach (while I was in the store) that I needed to make sure and leave one set of legs on the base.

When we put the base on the bed (that evening) it was too heavy and busted the "bunkie boards". My husband and I then took the adjustable base off the frame and put the mattress on top of the busted bunkie boards and went to bed. I called Brittany on Sunday (the next day) and wanted to double check that we were supposed to leave a set of legs on. She said that we were supposed to take all the legs off. I told her that Zach had told me in the store to leave on a set of legs. She said she was going to ask Zach and would call me back. When she called back, she said Zach stated that we did need to leave one set of legs on. We did that and set the adjustable base on the bed frame and busted the bunkie boards (even more). I took pictures of the adjustable base on the bed, along with the busted bunkie board.

My dad went to the store on Christmas Eve for me since I had to work. He showed the pictures to Zach and a manager and they informed him it didn't look right and that they would look into it and call him back. At 2:30 my dad called to see if they had figured anything out. He was told by Rhett ** that Zach never said to leave a set of legs on. I talked to Rhett and he said that Zach never said to leave a set of legs on and I said "Yes, he did, he told me that while I was in the store. I even called Brittany yesterday and she asked him, and he told her to leave a set on". Rhett informed me that he didn't believe that Zach said that, and that Zach wouldn't have said that. I told him that I don't appreciate being called a liar. Things got very heated and we told Rhett we were coming to the store.

When we arrived and contacted Rhett, he told us that Zach didn't say to leave any legs on the bed and he (Zach) even called the company that made the adjustable bases and they said to take all the legs off. I asked him if he talked to Brittany and he said she was off. I told him again that Zach had told her and I (at separate times) that we needed to leave one set of legs on. Rhett said that Zach told him we needed to take the legs off. I asked if it was a zero-clearance adjustable base and Rhett said Zach told him it was. I asked if he knew for sure and he said, "no but it was". We asked if he would take the legs off a floor model to show us that it zero clearance and he stated "No, he would not".

Rhett clearly stated it wasn't that he couldn't, it was that he would not. We tried to explain to him the bed frame that we bought (a platform bed with 6 drawers underneath) would not work with that adjustable bed frame unless it was a zero clearance, because it would hit the bed frame. Rhett again told us that he was told (by Zach) it was a zero-clearance adjustable bed frame and he would call them again. My husband asked Rhett to look underneath that adjustable frame because there was NO WAY it was a zero-clearance adjustable base. Rhett told him "he didn't need to look under there and that he already had looked under them before".

I called Brittany while I was in the store (having this problem with Rhett) and asked her if Zach had told her to leave one set of legs on? She said yes, that Rhett had already called her, and she told him the same thing. I told her that Zach was denying that, and we had already busted one set of bunkie boards. We asked Rhett about the pictures that Zach had of our bed and he claimed he never saw any. This tells me that his communication with Zach was not quite as good as he made it to be. At this point, Rhett gave us another set of bunkie boards. Again, they are busted due to the weight of the adjustable base. This whole experience with your store and Rhett has been a horrible experience!! I would NEVER in my life buy from Mathis Brothers again. I would like the store manager, not a sales manager, to contact me.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hi Shawna- We apologize about the issues you experienced setting up your bed and any miscommunication with our Sales Team. If you can please send us your sales order number or phone number associated with this purchase, we will assist any way we can. Thank you for your business.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

We bought a rocker recliner from Mathis Brothers along with a couple more pieces of furniture two years ago. After about a week or so my husband decided he didn't like the chair but we didn't know we could return it or replace it. After keeping it this long we gave it another try and started using it, and to our surprise the fabric started coming off, it's a vinyl material, so I called to ask what could be done and was told that they had this to happen before so by that I would say the chair was defective but all I was told was they would call and find out how much a casing would cost and they would call me back.

I feel like the store should pay for the casing and to have it put on the chair at no charge to us. The chair is like new, been sat in a couple of times. What I would like to see done is either they refund us half if not all of the price we paid for the chair or pay to have it covered. We have bought a lot of furniture from Mathis Brothers and have never had something like this to happen.

Resolution response: Dec. 11, 2018

The review is for Brothers Furniture, **. Brampton, ONTARIO. L6T 5B5. Canada. and not for Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores in US.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

They have extremely poor service. While booking they promise moon but once they get their money they make you run for everything. They tell you a delivery date and nobody calls to inform the time slot of delivery. You keep calling them and their standard answer is they will check with transport co and get back, which they NEVER. My stuff was delivered in batches though the money was taken upfront 6 weeks ago. Can you imagine - they have a voicemail which is not set up? You can’t leave a message and if they pick they have no info.

Store owner Varun ** will never come on phone as he is extremely busy. While booking they will suggest you to add other items and inform that it can be canceled within a week without a penalty. I cancelled the next day but for my refund I had to wait until delivery. Further Varun refused to pay back full amount saying the price given was a bundle discount which he cannot refund. So be aware. Don’t get into buying if in doubt. Fabric protection plan which I bought was provided after 2 weeks after regular follow-ups.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response
Puneet - Can you please clarify where you bought your furniture? Our owners are the Mathis family, we don't have any locations in Canada and we do not have an employee named Varun.

Please email us with the phone number on your account and a customer number and we'll do what we can to help. Thanks.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I bought a dining room set from Mathis Brothers approximately a year ago. It is the one that looks like wood planks on top but obviously is not wood planks. It is a veneer on top of a piece of plywood. Well at purchased time they sold me a warranty that extended coverage for 5 years. Well where the material is cut to make it look like boards is beginning to pop off, bubbling off the veneer, is not staying down. Call The Mathis Brothers. They told me that that falls under the one-year warranty and is not covered by the extended warranty. I wonder what is covered by the extended warranty. The salesman told me that it covered rips, tears, anything that would happen to my furniture. Obviously he was a Salesman. Obviously I should not purchase anything from Mathis Brothers ever again because they actually have true salesman working for them.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response
Victor - We're sorry that you're having issues with your table. If there is a defect and it's within the manufacturer warranty period, then it would be handled through Customer Service. If the damage is not covered by the Manufacturer's warranty, it falls under the Furniture Protection Plan. Either way, you'd be covered.

Please send your customer number and/or phone number on your account, we'll get you to the correct Service office. Thanks.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Sofa we bought was defective. The stitching came loose. The cores went flat. They ordered new cores which were too big. After numerous calls and speaking with approximately 10 people from customer service to store managers we were given a credit to pick out a different sofa, we did this and I called to check on it around 10 weeks later and they did not have a clue what I was talking about. They asked me to return to the store once again with proof. We did that showing them we had picked out another sofa and ordered material for it. As of today this still has not been resolved. I will not do business with Mathis Brothers. There is no trust left. They say they will call or have a manager call and I never hear from them.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hi Wanda- We apologize about the multiple issues you have experienced with this purchase. We understand your frustration and will get you the answers you need. If you can please email us your sales order number or phone number associated with this purchase to ConsumerAffairs@mathisbrothers.com, we will make sure you get a phone call today. Thank you for your business.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I purchased a sofa, bed, mattress, two bedside tables and a dresser eighteen days ago (11NOV18). I was told some of the items (bedside tables and dresser) would be on backorder but delivered the week of 26NOV18. No problem. I understand. On the evening of 26NOV18 my wife called and spoke with customer service. When they couldn't answer her questions they said she would need to talk to a sales manager and hung up on her. I called back and was actually able to speak with a sales manager.

After much back and forth he agreed to have bedside tables and dresser sent over from Tulsa store. I was told they would be delivered on 29NOV18. I called back on 29NOV18 to get an ETA. It took three calls to get through to someone (nobody returned my earlier messages). I was told they didn't even know if my items had arrived on the truck from Tulsa or not and even if they did it would be Sunday before they could deliver them to me because they needed 48 hours to schedule a delivery. Not sure how to explain that same day delivery sign I saw before or the same day delivery promise made on their website when the items are at the local store. Obviously I was not satisfied with this non answer and asked to speak with a sales manager. I was told one would contact me right away. I'm still waiting. I still have a couple more rooms in the new house to furnish. What are the chances I make more purchases from Mathis Brothers after this?

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hello Brad- We apologize you were not able to receive your furniture when promised and for the lack of communication from our staff. We understand your frustration and will make sure you get the answers you need today. Please email us at consumeraffairs@mathisbrothers.com with your sales order number or phone number associated with your account. We'll get on top of this. Thank you for your business.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I have owned a dual recliner for a few years. It's in great shape other than the tear. We happened to move it across town a few miles and another piece of furniture had slide between the cushion and console. I submit a claim and it's rejected because it doesn't cover transit damage. After reading through the protection plan, it's painfully obvious it won't cover anything. After reading review online of this protection plan it sounds like it's a legal way of ripping people off.

DON'T purchase the extra warranty coverage. Has anyone EVER had anything covered??? It's a shame that Mathis Brothers is part of the scam as well. Don't offer the program and teach your salesman to talk it up. You are at fault for promoting this crap.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hi Kelly- We apologize about the issues you are having with your sofa. The Furniture Protection Plan is an accidental plan that covers day-to-day issues that may happen to your furniture. They approve multiple claims daily and this plan is designed to help our customers protect their investment. We apologize that transit damage is not one of the covered items. If you ever have an issue in the future outlined in your Furniture Protection contract, please give us a call for assistance. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Recently we started shopping for Living room set, after our old set which we got from Mathis Brothers ripped off in less than 5 years. When we started seeing floor samples, some of the sofas had ALL LEATHER in the tag, but actually the product was not genuine leather. I did a Google search in store about the product to gather more details and figured out that it was not leather. I showed to sales rep and then he also confirmed it after checking the federal tag which was underneath the sofa.

Finally we ended up getting 2 Ashley Furniture sofa (same model) that said it has leather in Federal tag. One of the sofa was new and other one was floor model because they did not have 2 new in stock. So I ended up paying two separate shipping charges for two sofa since one is Floor model even though Mathis Brothers delivered both sofas together in the same truck . After the sofa was delivered, I noticed that the tags for the two sofa was completely different with different upholstery details for the same model sofa. Second time I ended up buying one more piece of crap from Mathis Brothers. I wonder how the federal tag information will be different for the same model? This is cheating.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hello Aish- We apologize about the issues you are having with your furniture. Mathis Brothers has no way of changing these tags as they are provided from the manufacturer. The floor model sofa you purchased would have been apart of the very first shipment. The last sofa you purchased would have been apart of the last shipment. This could explain the difference. If you'd like to email us pictures of the tags to consumeraffairs@mathisbrothers.com, we can look into this further for you. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

Bought a matching sofa and love seat from Mathis Brothers and purchased the 5 Year Protection Plan to go with it, better safe than sorry right? Wrong, you're sorry either way. One year later, the back of the couch is ripping apart at the seams. No biggie, we were told in NO UNCERTAIN TERMS in the store MULTIPLE TIMES, that the only things not covered by the plan were animal bites/claw marks. We call them up and let them know about the tearing, they tell us this isn't covered, because it's not accidental...

Excuse me? My couch isn't ripping on purpose. We didn't spend over 2k on furniture to have it break down in 1 year. Not only that, but we were told explicitly multiple times in the store, but were apparently lied to regarding the coverage of the plans. If this is the case, I want my money back, and you can take your terrible furniture. We'll go with another company instead. FYI: ac·ci·den·tal /ˌaksəˈden(t)l/ Submit adjective. 1. happening by chance, unintentionally, or unexpectedly. If this isn't resolved, we are certainly prepared to take this up the management chain, or court, because I don't appreciate being lied to.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hello Mariann- We apologize about the issues you are having with your sofa and feeling you were mislead about our Protection Plan. If you can please email us your sales order number or phone number associated with this purchase to consumeraffairs@mathisbrothers.com, we will have our Management Team look into your situation to see how we can best assist. Thank you for your business.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Updated on 11/29/2018: MB was very quick to reply with, "Please email us with your information and we will look into it..." I immediately provided them with more than enough information AND further detail of our situation. Of course, they have not responded... They want to appear like they care, but they don't. DO NOT BUY YOUR FURNITURE AT MATHIS BROTHERS - it is cheap, in a month or two they will no longer carry it and they lie to make the sale. Greed!!! I am not the only one, there are many of the same complaints about there untruthful sales tactics and crappy furniture. Additionally, I have been unable to find this brand via internet w/ many, many searches and wasted time. "Summit Motion" is probably a lie too!!!

THIS WAS MY RESPONSE TO THEIR BS dog & pony reply & HAVE HEARD NOTHING BACK: "It depends which time you call... The most recent furniture credit, we requested all information be updated, yet you still have it all wrong. so you can try **. The $3500 couch and love seat we got in August/September this year was grey Summit Motion Furniture. We were told there was a rechargeable battery that we could purchase for $150.00.

We decided to wait until we got furniture home to determine if we needed the battery for one or both. My husband called to see if he could just order and pay over the phone and come pick it up and was told A) you don't even carry the couch/love seat any longer and B) you don't have a battery that works for our furniture and C) you NEVER carried a battery that would work for the furniture. So now we have ugly cords that shows, people trip over and can't run our Roomba vacuum while gone unless we unplug the furniture each time. I requested to know why you no longer carry this "can't keep in stock" furniture and not provided an answer. We are NOT HAPPY with our purchase as we were lied to and now have liability of guest in house because of the power cord."

Original Review: Have had issues with the last 3 sets of living room furniture we have bought. They lie, they tell a brand is "top of the line" "high selling" "can't keep in stock" blah, blah, blah. The previous 2 sets of furniture have both been returned for full price credit on something else - this is why our last 3 have come from them. Otherwise, I would not support the furniture monopoly lying monsters they are. HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hi Angie- We apologize about the multiple issues you experienced attempting to get furniture delivered that is not damaged. If you can please email us your sales order number or phone number associated with this purchase to consumeraffairs@mathisbrothers.com, we'd like to look into your situation further and make sure the next furniture you receive is in excellent condition. Thank you for your business.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I recently bought a mattress from the Ontario CA store from the discount area of the store. The sales person told me that the mattress was a floor model and discounted for this reason. I paid approximately $700.00 for this “discounted” mattress. The invoice that I was given AFTER the mattress was purchased and paid for stated at the description “open package, dirty” but nowhere in the description it indicated that it was a USED mattress. When I took the mattress home, I saw on its bottom side a small pie stain that was clearly indicative that the mattress was USED and not a floor model as they claimed when we purchased the mattress. As a result, we took the mattress immediately back to Mathis Brothers within two days and without using it.

To our great surprise, the management of Mathis Brothers initially REFUSED to take the USED mattress back by claiming that it was a “discounted” item and that as a result the sale was FINAL. I told them that I would drop the mattress off at their doorstep anyways because we cannot use it because it is used and stained. They finally decided to accept the mattress back but then imposed a 10% restocking fee and withheld from us approximately $70.00 as a result which they CONTINUE to REFUSE to refund. I have bought over the years a lot of furniture from this company for my houses but given this recent experience I will never buy anything from them again. I will pursue a full refund for this misrepresented USED mattress through my credit card. I cannot believe the dismal customer service of this company. I am very upset with them for selling us a USED mattress and for demanding a 10% restocking fee on top of it.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hello- We apologize about the issues you experienced with your mattress and not getting a resolution in regards to a full refund. If you can please email your sales order number or phone number associated with your account to consumeraffairs@mathisbrothers.com, we will have our Management Team look into your issue to see how we can best assist you. Thank you for your business.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

We bought our whole living room furniture in Mathis Brothers. We have purchased Furniture protection plan for 5 years. So we called them to clean it. I was supposed to get a response in 24 business hours and didn't get any. So I called them again. The rep told us, "We will send someone, but would only spot clean a single stain, not if there are multiple stains." So what good is a Protection plan if you cannot clean? Nowhere on their plan do they say single stain? What am I missing?

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Sujatha - We are sorry to hear that you're having an issue with your living room set. The Furniture Protection Plan is a single incident accident plan. It covers any accidental stain, rip, tear, burn, etc. Unfortunately, it does not cover normal wear and tear. If you could send us your customer number and/or the phone number on your account, we'd be happy to look into it. You can email us at consumeraffairs@mathisbrothers.com. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

Several weeks ago I purchased a sofa with pillow, chair and ottoman. When it was delivered I only received the sofa and chair. No pillows or ottoman. I was told by the delivery guys was that customer service was suppose to call and let me know. Unfortunately they never called. I noticed that the sofa was delivered without any tags as well as it had an awful smell for which I believe that they got it off of their demo floor out of OKC. I told the sales rep that I did not want any demo furniture. I was paying for new furniture.

Going forward 3 weeks, I still have not received my pillows or ottoman. I called customer service last week and asked to speak with a manager and I was told the manager had left for the day. The guy that I was speaking with told me that he would check on the items and get back to me the next day. I received a voicemail from him the next day and he told me that the ottoman was expected the first week of Oct and the very latest was mid Oct. As for the pillows he didn't have any sofas in stock where he could pull the pillows and he would have to order them for me from the manufacturer and he would get in touch when he heard back from them.

So far it's been a week and I've heard nothing back from Mathis Brothers. From listening to his message, this confirms what I was thinking about the sofa being on the OKC showroom floor where they had to get it from and I DID NOT order showroom furniture. I PAID for NEW furniture. I'm at the point where I am going to have Mathis Brothers pick the furniture up and give me a full refund. I will never purchase another item from them and I would advise everyone else that read this to stay away from them.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hello David- We apologize about your missing pillows and issues you are having with your sofa. If you could please send us your sales order number or phone number associated with your account to consumeraffairs@mathisbrothers.com, we will make sure this gets resolved ASAP. Thank you for your business.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

We bought a as is Lady Americana mattress from here and a Bed Gear mattress protector. Our sales person Matt told us no matter what it’s under warranty if the mattress protector fails even since the mattress was an “as is”. My daughter had an accident on the bed and it went straight through the protector and now the mattress smells bad and has a stain on it. I contacted Mathis Brothers and they said that they will not warranty anything. I then contacted Bed Gear talking to them and they said they do not work with MB for this reason. He stated MB just sells their protectors and that’s it. We will never shop here again. It would have been nice if our sales person would have told us the truth because then we would have purchased a brand new one.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hi Crystal- We apologize about the issues you are having with your mattress. If you can please email us your sales order number or phone number associated with your account to consumeraffairs@mathisbrothers.com, we will look into this further to see how we can best assist. Thank you for your business.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

Being new to the area my boyfriend and I had a few things to get after combining apartments from 2 different areas of the country. We already had bought our mattress and a guest bed mattress. We then realized we also needed a box springs for the guest bed mattress. I did some research online as this was not something we needed to go try out in the store. I found Mathis Brothers and we really liked that they are local to Oklahoma and the prices were extremely reasonable. I placed an order early on a Friday morning for the box spring we selected. I waited almost a week and before I decided to get in touch with customer service as I had not heard from anyone, including a receipt of our purchase. It was then that I found out that I had mistakenly input the wrong telephone number into the system. Although it was my fault they had my email address. Never let me know there was issue.

The phone number was corrected and I was emailed a receipt. I was then informed delivery was scheduled for Sunday. I asked for a discount as we had to wait a week to get any information and was denied (very rudely) because of the phone number when the email address provided was perfectly fine and not used until I contacted customer service. I was also informed that I would receive an email the night before with a 2 hour window and a call an hr before the day of delivery. The day of delivery (yesterday, 9/16) we waited the entire delivery window (930-1130) and never heard anything from anyone either on the phone or through email. I again got in touch with customer service and they informed me that the drivers' paperwork was never updated so when they tried to reach me they couldn't. At this point I then asked for the order to be canceled and to be provided a refund. This was processed and we are just waiting for the refund.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hi Elizabeth- We apologize about the issues you experienced with this purchase. The contact number was not updated and this was a mistake on our part. Our drivers are required to make delivery at the end of their route to any customer that was not home during their time frame. We show you elected to cancel your order, so this was not an option. If we can be of any further assistance in this matter please let us know. Thank you for shopping with us.

Resolution response: Sept. 12, 2018

They agreed to credit us the total purchase price plus tax! I am completely satisfied with how they resolved it.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

We have bought a dining room set, a new sofa, televisions, and an Ashley chair from Mathis over the last two years and have always been happy with our purchases. In October, 2016, we bought a king-sized mattress from the clearance area. While we understand that merchandise purchased in that department is "as-is" we purchased it (along with a $1000 dining room table, bench, and chairs from the 2nd floor) with the express understanding that it was only in the clearance area because of a small stain on it, which our saleslady showed us. We clarified this with our saleslady by explicitly saying, "so, it's NOT a used mattress? Because we don't want a used mattress." She said no, nothing in their store is used.

After a month or so, one side of the mattress started to "break down" for lack of a better term. It became more and more uncomfortable and constantly slumped to one side. My husband and I are not large people, so that wasn't the problem. We felt we could not do anything about it because we had purchased it in the "as-is" area.

However, a few months ago, my husband and I decided to try flipping and turning it to see if it that would help. He noticed that the manufacturer's paperwork was still attached to the bottom of the mattress. He looked through the four or five pages that were there, and saw that the last one contained a note from the store stating that the mattress had been "treated" or "sprayed" after being returned! (I don't recall the exact wording) The saleslady lied to us!! The mattress WAS used! We knew that the purchase was "as-is - no warranty" BUT we made the purchase on the condition that it had not ever been used. We are through giving Mathis our money. Their saleslady lied to us.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hi Deborah- We sincerely apologize about the issues you are having with your mattress. If you could please email your sales order number or phone number associated with your account to consumeraffairs@mathisbrothers.com, we'd like to look into this further to address. Thank you for your business.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

We bought a Eco Comfort mattress 4 years ago, they said they warranted against any sagging on either side. Now we have a hump in the middle of the bed and you cannot roll to the middle of the bed. They will not warranty.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hi Edward- We apologize about the issues you are having with your mattress. If you could please email your sales order number or phone number associated with your account to consumeraffairs@mathisbrothers.com, we will look into this again to see if we can assist. Thank you for your business.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I had paid and waited 3 days checking status at site still processing (As I had online banking statement paid in full). I am a disabled vet so I chatted with online rep. He said they were waiting for payment as no one would return e-mails or contact for 3 days. Then Dawn contacted me and I stated that I would be here for delivery (after seeing I paid in full 3 days ago!). She just wrote a e-mail back saying she was canceling order with no reason. This cat and mouse game after I paid in full and no reason given is the pisser. I will check out this Mattress King.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

Do NOT buy anything from Mathis Brothers Furniture. This has been the worst experience. My couch has a lifetime warranty on the frame. I spent over $1,000 on the couch. It is now in the shop for the 3rd time for the same issue! It has been in the shop for a month! I have called multiple times, asked to speak with a manager, and emailed. I do not know what else to do. Also, after the second time it was in the shop, when they delivered it they left the couch on my back porch. There is not a covered patio and the couch sat out on the porch until I got home from work. It had leaves all over it and dirt. It is also very heavy and I could barely move it inside. I complained about this issue and no one ever responded. They do not care about you or your customer service experience. Take your business somewhere else!

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hi Lindsay- We apologize about the issues you've continued to have with this sofa. We are showing this is now repaired and our attempts to contact you to set up a delivery date have failed. If you could please email us the best contact number to reach you to consumeraffairs@mathisbrothers.com, we will get this back to you ASAP. Thank you for your business.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I purchased a queen mattress set and a couch, paid for delivery on both. Received an email saying they wanted to deliver the mattress during the day while I was at work- Friday midday. So I immediately called Mathis Brothers and told them that delivery time did not work for me. The guy said his name was Adam. He told me that he would cancel that delivery time and I would be contacted again to reschedule. Then he hung up on me. I get a text from my neighbor saying that Mathis Brothers was at my house Friday midday to deliver my mattress set. I called back again and got a time that worked.

Then I get a call from my salesperson, Jess, saying she didn’t charge me enough for the couch delivery fee and she wanted $39 more. I called customer service and got the fee waived. The couch was scheduled for delivery on Sunday. When I didn’t hear from anyone by Saturday afternoon with a scheduled time I called and left a message with Mathis Brothers. No word by Sunday morning. I was scheduled to work Sunday but didn’t want to miss delivery of my couch. I contacted Jess to see if my couch was still scheduled to be delivered. She said, yes, from 10:27am-12:27pm. 12:30pm and still no couch. I’ve been on the phone with Jess and Customer service saying that I missed work for a delivery that never came. They won’t deliver to me today (Sunday) and they can’t squeeze me in tomorrow either. I am very disappointed with this company.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hello Liz- We apologize about the multiple issues you have experienced with trying to get your furniture delivered. We are aware of these issues are working to make sure everything does arrive for you on 8/21. If we can be of any further assistance please email us at consumeraffairs@mathisbrothers.com. Thank you for your business.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

Purchased sofa, and warranty just lapsed. They will not honor warranty. Leather "peeling" off between cushions. Cushions are wearing down. Depending on use, product lasts up to warranty period, 5 years.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hi Lynette- We apologize about the issues you are having with your sofa. If you could please email us your sales order number or phone number associated with your account to consumeraffairs@mathisbrothers.com, we will see if there anything we can do to help. Thank you for your business.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

We had an awful experience working with the Mathis Brothers Outlet in OKC. We were looking for living room furniture and thought we had found a great set. When our salesperson, Kimberly, helped us with the checkout process, she quoted us at $60 for delivery fees. She neglected to mention it was actually $100 until AFTER we had paid in full. She told us the couch was not in stock at the time (Saturday, August 4) but would be in stock the following Tuesday and we could schedule delivery for Thursday (today, August 9). We never received an email stating the time window for delivery, so we called this morning to ask about it. We were told that our delivery date had changed to Saturday, August 11.

Neither my husband nor myself were notified of this. My husband took off work today to be here when the couch arrived. He dealt with a series of phone calls from different people at Mathis Brothers, transferring him from one person to the other. Finally, he got back in touch with Kimberly. She told us she tried to reach out to both of us by phone call, but neither of us answered our phones, and neither phone gave an option to leave a voicemail. Because she was dishonest about the delivery charges, I am inclined to believe she lied about this as well. Kimberly told us today that the couch would not be in stock for "1-2 weeks". Because of all of this frustration, we decided to totally cancel the order and find new furniture elsewhere.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hi Taeler- We sincerely apologize about the issues you experienced with this purchase. We do show we were able to to pull some strings and get your sofa delivered yesterday as you were originally promised. If there is anything else we can for you please let us know. Thank you for your business.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores Company Information