1.20/5
Based on 91 reviews that contain star ratings

Looking for a good furniture store?

Rockville, MD

144 Marlo Furniture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 2, 2015

We moved to new house and we need a lot of furniture so we purchase a furniture from Marlo's on October 2015 with almost 9000,00$ dining, living and sectional. We received the living and the dining on October 22nd but we did not received the sectional. When I call them they said that it was not in the stock and they gonna deliver it. My spouse call them they said it gonna be delivered between October 30th and November 2nd. I tried to call them more one time they put me on the hold and they told me "The salesman gonna call you back" and no one call me. That was happens like 4 times.

Today I tried to call the customer service. They told me "It gonna take between 2 weeks to 14 weeks to deliver your item." Soundly when we received the dining room we found something broken in the chair and when I tried to call them to fix it they told me "We received your complaint and we gonna call you back" and no one call me. Really they have a worst customer service I ever had.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2015

I just moved to a new house and need a lot of furniture for the new home. I placed my order six weeks in advance with Marlo and other stores. I paid a lot of money for Marlo. My living and bedroom stuffs was from them. When you give a business to a company you would think they appreciate and in response you get your service but that wasn't the case with Marlo employees. I dealt with Rockville and Laurel. All are unprofessional and incompetent. The company has no respect for their customers. They can't make their commitment to their customer. When you call to follow up, all mistreat you. They don't want to see you going in person to the store to address your issue. I can't tell you enough how top to bottom are unprofessional and incompetent. The store management has no any correction action for their faulty delivery and extended delivery time, mistakes sending the wrong order, color, etc.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2015

I purchase a bedroom set at Marlo. Pick the set up - we def handle with care. After open the box the mirror is crack all over. They refuse to replace it. They said I was to inspect the items before leaving the warehouse. All the items come seal in cardboard with foam lining.. Where would I sit there as a 7 months pregnant woman opening boxes.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2015

Received furniture on Jun 4th 2015 with missing some screws. Till now waiting for that so that I can make my dining table big in size. Called several times, I was told they gonna call me back, never happened. Today when called the responsible person was out and told she gonna call me back as usual. Now I feel ashamed of myself to call Marlo customer service.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2015

3 time this ** deliver the wrong couch. 3 Saturdays I had to stay home and wait for them. ** this place.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Marlo Furniture?

Original review: Aug. 17, 2015

I wish I would give negative 1 star for Marlo Furniture store. Beware. The worst customer service ever, stay away from this mafia company. Just ordered a bed set, mattress and standard box spring based on the sample we saw in their showroom. Their delivery staff recommended to my family member to remove the plastic from the box during delivery and set up. Then their own driver removed the plastic from the box spring urging that it will keep slide if not removed. I arrived home and saw that the box spring and mattress was too high with bed we bought compared to the one we saw at showroom display.

I spoke to customer service for exchange to lower profile box and she told me to bring it for exchange to their warehouse at a very far location (Brandywine Md) from Alexandria store I bought in order to avoid restocking fee of $150. She asked me if the plastic is removed from the box, I told here yes it was removed by their delivery people. She told me, "That's fine just take there asap, it shouldn't be a problem since you just bought it." She advised me to take it between 10 am-4 pm which I couldn't take it the same day after work because of the hour restriction and traffic.

After two days, I drove my car for more than 50 miles with traffic to return the box after and a very rude warehouse man and manager told me that since "I" removed the plastic cover from the box, they can't accept my return/exchange. Imagine they said, "You removed it," not their delivery staff who recommend to remove it because it will make the bed slide. I tried to communicate with their mafia store manager however he was not available to assist not even to apologize for their mafia driver mistake who pushes to remove the plastic cover. In the end, I spent hundreds of dollar on another box spring from a different store online and removed the ones I bought from Marlo.

My advice for folks who are in the process of buying furniture, try to stay away from this mafia company. If you really have to buy from them, make sure you stay home and monitor any damage on the furniture and tell their ^^ drivers not to remove plastic cover before you sign any paper. Once you sign their papers, you are in your own, no exchange/no refund, no customer service. Even the sale person who was like an angel when you talk to the first time will turn his back.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2015

I purchased a mattress from Marlow Furniture in Forestville on July 2. I was informed that it would take up to two weeks to receive the mattress. I also paid for delivery. Once the mattress arrived at the warehouse like on July 13th I never could get a solid delivery date so I decided to pick the mattress up myself. I would like to state first to always read reviews. READING IS FUNDAMENTAL. Had I read these reviews first I would have never purchased anything from Marlow. I went there for convenience and it's within my community. Horrible horrible mistake. Well after I picked up the mattress and put it on my bed I almost knocked myself out because it was harder than the floor. I did order a firm mattress and that was not my first firm mattress but the hardest I have ever felt and also it was a memory foam so it should not have been that hard.

A week later I called customer service and stated how hard the mattress is. I was told that it needs to broken in. I said okay so I started walking, jumping and standing up on the mattress. Honestly it did start to break in but now it's lumpy. I have never seen a lumpy memory foam mattress. FIRST TIME FOR EVERYTHING. About three weeks later I called back. I know and understand that there is always a lemon in a bunch so I explained to customer service about the mattress. She asked me to take a picture. I stated you would not see it because the mattress is manufacturer covered. Then she stated that since I picked the mattress up I should have checked it before I left the warehouse. A queen size mattress in a box "really". I asked her was I suppose to lay it on the floor in the warehouse take it out of the huge box and all its wrappings and lay on it on the warehouse floor??

Then I was told if I paid $150 a technician from their store would come and lay on it. FROM THEIR STORE - we know how that would have worked - he would have not felt the lumps. I explained to her I didn't want a refund because I paid cash I just wanted a mattress without the lumps or a pillow top or something to go with it. BUYERS BEWARE. They do not care at all once they have your money. I paid over 700 dollars for my mattress and it's like I need to purchase another one. I will definitely go outside my community for good service and quality. They didn't offer an apology for taking my money for nothing. And why should they? It was my fault for not reading the reviews like I always do. BAD BAD MISTAKE. I will never ever go to that store again not to even purchase a light bulb.

Original review: July 20, 2015

Published a living room set. To begin with the service in Forrestville was bad but I still purchased the furniture. When I picked it up it was completely covered and tape up. Got it home, everything was ok except one of the legs looked a little off. Called the warehouse and was told nothing they could do because I picked up and did not have it delivered, but I could give them $150.00 and they would take a look at it. The floor sample had the same problem and the salesperson said not to worry. I know now that I should have. No one seems to care I have not had the furniture for eight hours and they said could not HELP me. NEVER AGAIN WILL I DO BUSINESS WITH MARLO FURNITURE.

Original review: June 21, 2015

When I went to Marlo Furniture Rockville I ordered 2 twin beds. They said it would arrive in 2-6 weeks unless a special order. They said it would arrive within that week. A month later it still wasn't here but they called and said it would arrive the next month. A month later they called and said it would arrive the next month. A month later the beds still weren't here. A few weeks later they called and said they said our merchandise had arrived at the store and we had to go pick it up. So I went to pick it up. The salesperson I worked with the first time thought I was there to buy something, yeah right. I will never ever buy anything from that store. So when we went to pick it they said we couldn't pick it up because pick up days were Tuesdays-Saturdays. Now I still don't have the beds I ordered. I can't tell you how horrible this business is. I would never recommend it to anyone.

Original review: June 6, 2015

I place a order with Marlo Furniture in Forestville on February 15th. My order was 5000.00. The salesman never told me up front that my order was special order. It took me over two months to get my sofa that was on special order. I am now awaiting on two armchair. I have been in to the office on several time ask for a corporate phone number and even asked for someone higher than the manager on duty. Well as a result I got nothing. And they're acting like I'm the one who is pestering them when I paid my money and don't have ALL my items to show. There should be something done about the way they treat people after taking their money. I mean really it's been nearly 4 months and I still don't have my items.

Original review: May 31, 2015

I paid for the bedroom set in February and was told it would take up to six weeks to deliver. After waiting for eight weeks, I only had part of my order. I was told that I would need to pay for a separate delivery for the other portion (really) after you could not deliver on time???I was told the remainder was on special order (they did not say that at the time of purchase but now changes the rules in their favor). Now it is almost four months later and guess what???...... I AM STILL WAITING FOR MY MIRROR AND CHEST OF DRAWERS with absolutely NO explanation.

Even the very apologetic manager cannot tell me when delivery of my items are expected. He does not have a clue. He said he will check with the producers and call me back......really??? When??? Year 2065??? I will hope be retired by then and not need your furniture. I will ensure that no one I know, support this 'rip off' company. Customer service here in Forestville is VERY VERY POOR.

Original review: May 13, 2015

On April 11th, my wife and I went shopping at Marlo to look at bedroom furniture. We weren't planning to purchase anything that day, but between the salesman and my wife, we ended buying a bedroom set. We paid cash outright and it was delivered pretty quickly (a few days). When the furniture arrived, the delivery guys could hardly speak English but we tried to communicate with them the best we could. After they finished(?) with putting our new platform bed together, one of them tried to tell me there was a part missing (a drawer support rail to hold 2 drawers on each side of he bed). He got on his cell phone to call someone about it, but ended up giving me the phone and I was trying my best to make this woman on the other end, understand that a major part of the bed was missing. Finally she assured me it would be resolved within a few days.

Since then it's been a total nightmare. When you call the number(s) given to check on what's going on, one of the options is "press 4 for damage and repair" and when you do, no one EVER picks it up. So, I call back and press 3 for "customer service" and you generally wait on hold for at least 15-20 minutes. When they do finally get to you, you give them all the information (again) every time you call and then they say they will call the service department (which is the press 4 option) and after a couple of minutes the person comes back on to tell me, now get ready, that NO ONE IS ANSWERING THE PHONE!!! But she'll be happy to send them an 'e-mail' to let them know I'm calling to get MY DRAWER SUPPORT RAIL THAT I PAID FOR!!!

This is the sorriest bunch of people I've ever seen or dealt with. No customer service AT ALL. They will steal your money and not think twice in doing so. I plan to take this to the next level and sue them for not honoring their own contract. I mean, it's a simple DRAWER SUPPORT RAIL!!! How difficult is that to get!!! Don't shop at this place, they're nothing but legal thieves. I will prevail...

Original review: April 28, 2015

I ordered living room furniture on March 3, 2015 and was told at the time that it was out of stock so therefore it couldn’t be delivered for 2-6 weeks. Now, 8 weeks later, I am calling them and their "customer service" department alleges that it’s the vendors fault I don’t have the items which I purchased two months ago. It appears they don’t prescribe to the old business adage of "under promise and over deliver". Not do they take responsibility for establishing reasonable expectations, factoring in the vendors timetables. Even worse, they failed to communicate in any manner and seemed burdened to even muster an apology for the inconvenience of their poor performance. I will never, ever do business with them again as it appears all they are good at is collecting ones money.

Original review: April 23, 2015

I paid for my bedroom set about March 27, received some of the bedroom set on the 18 of April where the dresser would not fit which I ask for refund. The nightstand is busted at the bottom and the draw. The headboard on the leg is chip. Still waiting on the chest and for them to repair.

Original review: April 22, 2015

Well, purchased a new mattress and got delivered, but spring box could not fit through the stairs. Delivery guy advised me to get split boxes and I called to address the issue. I encountered the most ruthless people who had no customer service. Just off the back they put you on a defensive. Just read all other comments and how much I agree with every single one of them...How sad!! I never spend a penny at Marlo Furniture again.

Original review: April 7, 2015

I went to the Marlos Furniture in Laurel Md to purchase a bedroom set because I recently moved to a new home. The sales associate was helpful, kind and knowledgeable. The problem is after I ordered the bed set I was not aware it can take up to six weeks to receive my bed set. I called Marlo's in Laurel to inquire about my set just to figure out when I will receive it. The assistant manager her name is ** was so rude and obnoxious and was not helpful at all. She gave me an abrupt answer and when I stated that I wasn't aware that it will take so long she proceeded to rudely let me know to look at the invoice they gave me. She told me there was nothing she can do about this and she hung up the phone.

She has no sense of customer service, she was yelling on the phone and had a major attitude. As a manager she definitely needs to be retrained. I called back and I was told by another young lady that the store manager will be giving me a call when he gets back to work so I'm waiting to see. At this point I'm reconsidering if I even want the bed set and contemplating not going back. I have a white house to furnish but her attitude will make me go to another furniture since there are many to chose from.

Original review: April 1, 2015

On March 30 I received my dining furniture, sign off on furniture not thoroughly going over the furniture, which I thought Marlo is good company and they would stand by their product. After 1 hour of dropping my furniture, I start wiping furniture off to remove the dust from package that when I noticed scratch and I'll adjust bolt. I call them for replacement chair, they told me either I take some coming to fix them or I just sol. I would not recommend my worst enemy to buy any thing from Marlo.

Original review: March 25, 2015

Please DO NOT BUY anything from Marlo Furniture - Rockville. I ordered furniture 7 weeks ago...still not yet received...they told 2-4 weeks. Whenever I called, they told it's in warehouse.

Original review: March 16, 2015

I ordered furniture from Marlo that included a dining room table. I went into the Rockville store on 2/27/15 and the experience was pleasant. The furniture was delivered on 3/7/2015. Upon set up of the furniture by the 2 delivery guys, the guys showed me 2 indented scratches on the table top. The delivery person called someone and I spoke with them. They assured me that someone would come out and fix this table or replace it if it couldn't be fixed.

Fast forward to March 12th and I still hadn't received any communication regarding this issue. I called and their crappy customer service claimed that she could not give me a ticket number or scheduling time or anything. I wasn't satisfied with that so I visited the store. There I spoke with my salesman, ** and the Manager ** about the issue. They called a manager on the repair side and after being in the store for over an hour, were able to get a time scheduled for my repair. This time was set for Mon, 3/16/2015. They even called the Sat prior to confirm.

Well guess what... today is 3/16/2015, it's 11:44 and they haven't showed. I just called numerous times and they tell me they rescheduled the time to a now time frame of 12-4 pm. Huh??? Without even calling me to let me know of any change????? This is not acceptable! I will never order another thing from this company. These companies get so big and think they can just do anything to people. To top it all off, they hire the laziest, attitudish, non-customer friendly people that they can find to represent their company! I want this table fixed or replaced or my money refunded!

Original review: March 15, 2015

How trustworthy is Marlo Furniture for you? I believe there are many people like me blindly trust this furniture store because of its big name and attractive way of advertisement. And equally there must be many people like me who are retreating to trusting with closed eyes. This furniture could be as good as they do advertisement and could be able to win the trust of customer if some of sales associates doesn't do wrong interpretation with their customers. So far I believe, I purchased a set of sectional (furniture like a sofa) and I guess the sales associate's name was Ms. ** but I'm not 100% sure about the name because the purchase was done in or around 2007-2010.

That time, the associate told me this furniture is made of 100% leather and there is lifetime warranty. I was fully convinced by the sales person because of her gentle dealing and good name of the store, but since last October the furniture started to peeling out by itself. First it began to peeling on the hand rests of both. I went to Rockville Marlo Furniture and talked one of the manager about my problem. He said, "Marlo can't do anything since no extension protection plan is purchased," so I need to call to the manufacturing company. I called the number which I found attached inside of its kuson (a sitting pad) and again I got the same answer, they can't do anything since there is no extended warranty is purchased.

Today, I would like to ask a question to the manufacturing company and Marlo Furniture, "What is the meaning of lifetime warranty?" Is this a word to make confused and cheating to people? There is one most important thing to say and I was almost forgotten to say. When the manager told me to call the manufacturing company and I took the sitting pad out to find the phone number, I got another surprise because there was a label which says "man made leather" if it was not a genuine leather why did the sales person told me it is a pure leather? After having all this trouble, I would not suggest my friends and family to buy anything from this store. And I will never ever be back again. If any child asks me "What is the synonym of cheating?", I would like to say "A MARLO FURNITURE" is the synonym.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2015

I relocated to the area March 2013 at which time I purchased approximately $9,000.00 worth of furniture from the Marlo Furniture Store in Laurel MD. The experience was very pleasurable and handled professionally at all levels. I HAVE BEEN ADVISED THE MARLO FRANCHISE WAS SOLD SOMETIME AFTER MY 3/2013 PURCHASE.

On December 23, 2014, I visited the Laurel MD again as I'm now moving to a larger place and thus have a need for more furniture. That evening I spent $7,200.00 for new furniture. The check out experience that evening can only be summarized as HORRENDOUS. The check out took over an hour with multiple attempts by a number of employees to complete the paperwork. My girlfriend and I were on the verge of cancelling the order and walking out of the store. Ironically we were the only paying customers in the store, there was one other couple browsing. A countless number of Marlo employees were there talking and playing on their cell phone including the young saleswomen who had been helping us to that point in the process. They actually closed the store while they attempted to get the paperwork correct.

My delivery is scheduled for 5 days from this writing thus I called to confirm the same and was connected to at least three employees each ruder than the last. BOTTOM LINE IF YOU WANT TO SPEND $16,000+ AND BE TREATED LIKE A PIECE OF ** THEN HEAD TO MARLO. If that is not the type of experience you seek, may I suggest another store. Unlike baseball Marlo will not get a third strike nor will I ever spend another penny at Marlo.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2015

Very poor quality furniture, unknowledgeable salespeople in another words, MARLO FURNITURE SUCKS. Low quality crap and they rip you off!! Even the Manager will treat you like you are not wanted. For my money, there are other options nearby and I am glad I found them.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2015

I purchased a living room set in the morning shortly after they opened. The sales people were ok. However, the delivery is horrible. Delivery was told to me 6:30pm which I thought was late since I came in the store at 10:30 in the morning, but said ok. It's now almost 10pm. I went from excitement about buying my first living room set to frustration. I don't have much, spent money today and expect better service. I just got a call from the delivery guy saying it would be 20-30 more minutes.

This is not the way you do business, you don't know who you're serving. I was told on the phone after calling twice that I was not supposed to be given a time because they can't guarantee a time, which sounds like a lie. But what I'm most annoyed by is the fact that I still have to pay the entire delivery fee. This makes no sense. They are over 4 hours late. I will be checking to make sure my furniture is void of scratches, stains, etc. I was thinking about going back to them but after this, I don't think so. As soon as I find the corporate number, I'm calling them too.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2014

I purchased furniture paying over $2,000 in cash on 6/21/14, which included a wooden bed and frame. The bed cracked from the first it was delivered and assembled. I thought nothing of it. My bed was new. On December 2, 2014, I sat at the bottom of it and there was a loud crack. I looked under the bed and two of the legs were bent. Upon further investigation, there are wooden horizontal slats in which the legs screw in. The area where the legs screw in had began to crack. I called the warranty company- GBS and they told me that they didn't repair cracks. My warranty states that it does. I was told that I was still under the manufacturer's warranty and I should call the store. By the way I paid $259 for the warranty.

I called the store's repair department and apprised them of my issue. I was told that I would receive a call in 5 to 7 days to set up an appointment for service. I never received that call after waiting about 10 days. I called back and was told that they couldn't help me, they don't repair cracked furniture. I replied "I paid for a warranty, I have a bed that I can't use, why was I offered a warranty that was not going to be beneficial to me if needed?" I called Customer Service and explained my issue to the rep. She said "I know what your problem is." She asked if my bed was on a wooden floor? I replied "yes." She said that it should have been on a rug or mat. I told her on the date of purchase, my husband and I met with the salesperson and manager and neither one of those people ever mentioned that very important and vital information. I told her that I felt deceived and cheated. I now have a bed less than 6 months old and it is unusable. I am going to file with every agency possible. I am very dissatisfied and I will never, ever purchase from Marlo's again. I need a bed and I was told that they can't help me. They offered on concessions to me whatsoever.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2014

The wait on 703-941-0800 is just torture and very insulting!!! The wait was at least 33 minutes -- on 12-01-2014 -- 14.30 hours. I waited that long as the matter had to be sorted out right away -- as the repair people were coming in on 12-03-2014 morning without the full repair order!!! A girl came on line and she was quite rude in her tone -- she did not even have the patience to listen what I had called for. She cut me off halfway in my sentence saying that someone will call back soon.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2014

My head board was damaged along with a nightstand. I was told that I would have until furniture was back in the warehouse and scanned before it could be rescheduled and redelivered. I ask customer to connect me Mark **, Vice President of operations and was told he doesn't take calls. My problem is that I have no bed to sleep on and it looks like it will take several days or more. I was informed by one of the managers (Eloise) that was nothing she could do to expedite this problem although I suffer from degenerative arthritis in both knees and back. This means several hundred dollars spent in a hotel. This company is rude and inconsiderate to its senior population.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2014

Delivery was poor. Damaged the items while delivering and sent repair people to repair instead of replacing with a new item. We purchased NEW, not damaged. Also purchased insurance that is useless. It's cheap furniture. I am a 6ft 195 lb adult man. I do not jump on my bed, I use it to sleep on. I sat at the foot of the bed to put my shoes on and the frame cracked. Same thing at the head of the bed (sleigh bed style) when input my pillow against it to read before going to bed. When I called the insurance and sent the pictures, they stated it is not covered. The drawers are now starting to come off tracks and are becoming crooked. I will NEVER buy from Marlo again and will dissuade anybody from going there as well.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2014

We bought furniture from marlo's in Fredericksburg, we were suppose to have it delivered at 3-3:30pm today (Friday Sept 26th 2014), after countless calls to the store I was told their truck broke down they were running late. My furniture finally arrived at 9:40pm only to find out they brought the wrong bed, no bed frame and missing one end table. What the hell, how hard is your job? You sell the customer the furniture, you should tag all the furniture with the customer's name on it and pack it away off the sales floor, not leave it so every other customer and kid comes in and sits on it and messes it up. So disappointed with this company, don't even know if or when I will get the rest of my things. My advice to everyone don't buy furniture from this place they are so unprofessional, don't even get me started on how they charge you, the bill is too hard to explain. Not all the money you put down goes on the bill it's sent somewhere else. When they try to explain it, it gets so confusing. Never again, wish we never walked in that store.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2014

An employee named Jennifer ** has been very rude calling my home not about a purchase from your store but death threats and I don't know how she has my numbers. My wife took everything we bought back because of these threats. No one in my family will ever go back there again.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2014

There are several issues with Marlo Furniture. Almost every customer I have encountered has not had a good experience with the delivery of their purchase. Sonera customers have been waiting over 3 months for their furniture and when they come in the store, they get the runaround and they are told it is out of the manager's control. Half of the employees are doing drugs right outside of the Alexandria store. I have witnessed this more than once. Not only do they have a class action suit against them for not paying their employees properly, they discriminate against race but they hold sales people's commission even after the furniture has been delivered. I wouldn't recommend anyone to purchase from Agency or Marlo Furniture unless you don't want to receive your furniture.

Marlo Furniture Company Information