1.23/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Rockville, MD

Looking for a good furniture store?

147 Marlo Furniture Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 15, 2018

I bought an expensive sofa, they sent defective sofa with hole in it. It looks worn and dirty. It was a white sofa, but the one I got was dirty looking gray. I didn’t even wanna sit on it. I called the customer service, they said they wouldn’t replace it with a new one. They would not do a free return. For returning, I have to pay for shipping as well as 30% restocking fee. Now I am regretting why I even ordered from this furniture store. I would never go back.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

Recently I went to Marlo and ordered some furniture. They said they will deliver by 3 weeks. They delivered after 7 weeks. I had to remind and asked repeatedly when they are going to deliver. When delivered they missed two pieces. It took them another 2 weeks to deliver another two pieces. Overall bad bad customer experience.

The other complaint I have is the warranty they provide. I had bought a sofa and love seat a year and half ago with 5-year warranty paying $100. Now they say that they cannot cover some damages like peeling away of sofa seat in multiple places and shelve console not closing that I complained. The other condition they mentioned was any damage should be reported within 30 days according to terms and conditions which they never mentioned when buying the furniture. Why would I take 5-year warranty paying 100 dollars if it does not cover in that period. The warranty appears to be a scam/fraud. Don't buy any warranty and don't buy any furniture from Marlo.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I bought furniture in August and received partial financing. The financing was quick and easy. You do not received a bill until the furniture is delivered. I did not receive a bill until Oct and it was a balloon payment. I had paid something because I never received a bill. The sales person does not tell you that the no interest for a year goes away once you do not pay full payment regardless of the reason. The couch which is 4 months old has broken in the middle. I have a balloon payment of over 400$. I pay this furniture off this month totally and advise anyone going to Marlo Furniture don’t.

Original review: April 10, 2017

I had my furniture for only 2 months when it collapsed. I have been in contact for 3 months without follow through. On my last call, the CSR greeted me with "{name of rep} said she called you last week}". Not "hello"! No one from Marlo has contacted me. I will NEVER purchase from them again and will be very vocal in recommending that no one else does.

Original review: March 27, 2017

I bought a set of tables on February 19th, 2017 and was told by the salesperson that they don't have them in the stock but will receive a shipment of ten tables on February 21st and I should have them within a week. Marlo had advertised that delivery is free but salesperson added $150 for delivery charge. I asked them about free delivery advertisement and he said that applies to purchases of over $1799 but admitted that this has not been mentioned in ANY of their advertising. I agreed to pay $100. After almost six weeks they do not have the tables in the stock and they are not refunding my money. They have disconnected my phone calls and their representatives are rude and unprofessional. DON'T BE FOOLED BY THEIR FALSE ADS AND PROMISES.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Marlo Furniture?

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

After three months I received my Love seat which is defective - three legs on the floor and 4th leg on the sky. Marlo left it at my home, my wife on good faith accepted this as they were supposed to send a technician to check it. After five days, no response. One person name Kyla called one day at home and left an email address to send the picture to my wife. Accordingly I sent the picture. But no reply for email also.

I called them but that lady is not available (???). Someone else said, "We will send her an email(??)." Marlo is doing this stupid things with their customer. Once money is in their pocket they are done. They have no responsibility for the customer. Previously they took a wrong desk after one month from my home and when I was real angry then only they return my money. All managers are also like this - they don't want to help the customer. Customer service is worthless.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2017

I was very impressed with the knowledge and customer service provided by Mr. Nasri **. He was very helpful and very professional. The next day after I did my purchased I already recommended him to my friend. Besides, his manager Ms. Rania ** helped us with financing and her customer service went beyond my expectation. She is very caring and professional. I have never had an experience buying furniture so delighted like I had it last Saturday with both of them. I am definitely will recommend my friend and family to go to Marlo Furniture and ask for both of them.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

Natalia was great. The Manager On Duty was very helpful. The young lady that took my $ was pleasant. The delivery guys not so much. One of them was speaking Spanish not knowing that I spoke and understood the language. He was making remarks about me. They scratched my newly painted walls, stained my walls. One of the pieces was damaged. I sent it back, and then I found other places that the other 2 items I kept were also damaged. When I called to report all of the issues I had, they said I could return the sofa, (4 pieces) but I would have to pay about $700 + delivery charges. I've spoken to 5 different people. They don't speak to each other, so I've had to repeat myself.

The items I got suppose to be good quality. Well it's not true. Good quality doesn't get damaged in 2 days. I don't have any pets, no kids. It's just me and the sofa is already damage from the horrible quality that the sofa is made of. The legs are plastic. Natalia didn't even know that they were made of plastic. I'm stuck with it, but I don't recommend the items that I bought to anyone. Stay away from Marlo. They SUCK!!! They take your money and then you have to talk to 5 and maybe more people and the problem is still not resolve. I want a brand new item, not the same, because it seems it's not good quality, and I can't because Marlo's policy. I will never go back and it's sad to say Its my second time I got furniture from them. The first time all went well, and Natalia was the salesperson, very nice, and helpful. She followed up, but can't do anything else. Her hands are tied.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2016

I ordered a living set on 11/13 and was scheduled for delivery on 11/21 between 12pm-4pm. At 3:30pm I called to check on the status because no one had contacted me and I was told to call back after 4:30pm. I called at 4:00pm and was told at that point that the delivery person was running behind and that he had 4 stops before mine. I then inquired about a refund because to me this was poor customer communication. Why do I have to call and find out that the delivery driver is running behind? I was told that I could go into the store. I then informed them that I was headed to the store. I get to the store only to be told that there was no manager on duty and I would have to come back tomorrow. Really!!!

The only person who seemed to care that I wasted an entire day of work and that you had an upset customer who wanted to cancel all orders with Marlo was LeAndre at the corporate office. Here it is 6:27pm and I am still waiting. No calls to update me. Once again I had to call. I will be accepting my living furniture whenever it gets here. But that the bedroom set will be cancelled. And Marlo has just lost a customer.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2016

Had a missed delivery due to miscommunication, called, the customer service lady from Rockville and Brandywine were very impatient and rude, they treated me like a judge to a defendant. If am able to pull through and get my furniture in good shape and exact copy of what I ordered, I will NEVER order from Marlo Furniture again. I explained to the judge that I am a student and I have exam this week and next, SHE said "sorry but there is nothing we can do to help you. That the time is computer generated." I said "could you give me about a four hour window, if it fall within my exam time, I could talk to my prof to reschedule." She said "No, WE only let you pick the day but not the time." I have ordered from Raymour and Flanigan, Bob's and I never had this problem. MARLO, NEVER again. Pls ask about their delivery in details before you swipe your card.

Marlo Furniture Company Information